[PRESS RELEASE #60] Appointment of the new Police Commissioner and Chief of Police

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
Oj Wood
Public Relations Strategist
ECRP Forum Name: Oj Wood

LSEMS Awards

SASG Awards

SAJB Awards

[PRESS RELEASE #60] Appointment of the new Police Commissioner and Chief of Police

Post by Oj Wood »

27 July 2023
San Andreas State Government
Introduction
  • We are pleased to share exciting news regarding the Los Santos Police Department. Significant changes are taking place, which will undoubtedly catch the interest of citizens across the state of San Andreas.

Effective immediately, Alex Donnelly will be promoted from the position of Chief of Police to the esteemed role of Commissioner of the Los Santos Police Department. This advancement marks a momentous milestone in his career.

With the position of Chief of Police now vacant, after careful consideration, we have decided to appoint Elena Blake to step up from her role as Assistant Chief to assume the responsibilities of Chief of Police. Elena's long-standing dedication to the department makes her an excellent fit for this leadership position.

We believe these changes will shape the future of the Los Santos Police Department and further develop its service to the community. This press release aims to assist in understanding the significance of these appointments.
Commissioner of the Los Santos Police Department
  • The Commissioner of the Los Santos Police Department plays a pivotal role in shaping the department's overarching mission and strategic direction. By closely assessing the city's challenges, the Commissioner devises innovative solutions and approaches to combat the surge in crime at specific locations. It's important to understand the distinction between the Commissioner and the Chief of Police, as their roles differ significantly. While the Chief of Police handles operational details, the Commissioner focuses on the broader vision, setting the tone for the entire department.

For clarification, it is crucial to emphasize that the current use of the term "Commissioner" differs significantly from the historical context and is not associated with the San Andreas State Government. The Commissioner's sole responsibility lies in overseeing the Los Santos Police Department, and they will not engage in the day-to-day operations or affairs of the San Andreas State Government. Their primary commitment remains to the safety and security of Los Santos, working diligently to address its unique challenges and ensure a safer future for all its residents.
Alex Donnelly
  • Alex Donnelly's journey with the LSPD began on August 11, 2017, and from the start, he proved to be a rising star within the department. His dedication and hard work propelled him swiftly through the ranks, eventually earning him the esteemed position of Commander. During his time in this role, he implemented a series of positive changes that significantly impacted the Los Santos Police Department for the better.

Continuing his impressive career trajectory, Alex Donnelly was appointed as the Deputy Chief and Director of Operations for the Los Santos Police Department on May 22, 2019. His commitment to his duties was unwavering, leading to yet another promotion, this time to the role of Assistant Chief on September 3, 2019. The board of Commissioners (Governors) recognized his exceptional abilities and officially promoted him on March 11, 2020.

Over the course of his six years of service, many of us have had the opportunity to interact with Alex Donnelly in various capacities. Now, he is set to take on a new and distinct role as the Police Commissioner. It is worth noting that this position differs from that of prior commissioners, as he will focus on overseeing the Los Santos Police Department in a fresh and unique manner.

We are eager to witness how Alex Donnelly's leadership and vision will shape the future of the Los Santos Police Department in this new capacity. His track record of positive change and dedication to service speaks volumes about his suitability for this important role.
    Police Comissioner, Alex Donnelly wrote: Thank you for your support and consideration. I am truly honored and grateful for the opportunity to be promoted to the position of Police Commissioner.
Elena Blake
  • Elena Blake is a delightful individual whom many of you in Los Santos have surely encountered at some point. She embodies the very essence of the Los Santos Police Department's core values. Elena joined the Los Santos Police Department on May 29th, 2017, and from the start, she diligently honed her skills within the department. She started her career off in the General Patrol Bureau, excelling and even joining Metro before transferring over to Investigation Bureau where she worked on numerous prominent cases involving the Exiled which involved shutting down an entire gang and bringing a cop killer to justice before working her way swiftly through the ranks.

Recognizing her exceptional abilities, Elena was appointed as the Assistant Chief of the Police Department on April 5th, 2020. Her relentless drive and commitment to both the LSPD and the citizens of San Andreas have been truly remarkable. Today, we take great pride in announcing that, after years of dedicated service, Elena Blake has been appointed as the new Chief of Police.
    Chief of Police, Elena Blake wrote: I am deeply honored to be appointed to the prestigious position of Chief of Police, a position I would never have considered attainable when I started my career in law enforcement with the Los Santos Police Department. It is a tremendous privilege to be entrusted with this responsibility, and I am committed to serving and protecting the diverse communities of the City of Los Santos.

Having had the opportunity to work and gain experience with Chief Donnelly, I aim to continue our vision of the Los Santos Police Department and look forward to working with and expanding my team. I am a strong believer in the power of positive community engagement and, as I have attempted to do throughout my tenure as the Assistant Chief, I strive to continuously build upon and improve our relations with the communities and organizations within the City and State, and to provide a service that is second to none.

I wish Chief Donnelly the best of luck in his new position, and I look forward to working with him, my teams, the Government and other agencies, and the communities of Los Santos and San Andreas.
Recognition of service
  • Board of Governors wrote:
    It is with great pleasure and pride that the Board of Governors announces the latest developments within the Los Santos Police Department. Today, we come together to acknowledge the service of two outstanding individuals, whose commitment and dedication have exemplified the highest values expected of our officers.

As members of this community, some of us have had the privilege of working closely with these hardworking individuals. Their contributions have been nothing short of a masterclass in law enforcement. We are truly proud of their achievements, and it is with satisfaction that we extend our congratulations to them.

This well-deserved change marks a new chapter in their journey, one that will undoubtedly continue to make a positive impact on the state of San Andreas. Their tireless efforts and selfless contributions have not gone unnoticed, and we express our deepest gratitude for all they have done to safeguard and serve our city.

Once again, well done, and thank you for your remarkable service to Los Santos and its citizens. Your dedication is an inspiration to us all, and we look forward to witnessing the continued excellence you bring to the Los Santos Police Department. Together, let us forge a safer and more prosperous future for the city of Los Santos and the greater State of San Andreas.

Governor Lewis Langley

Governor Samuel Osborn

Governor Jason Castillo

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”