Post by Summer Haze »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Summer Haze
    Phone Number: 3566399
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Institution (If Applicable): N/A
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I'm hoping the LSPD can help me out. I've been doing research, and it appears that in our Constitution under the 2nd Amendment it states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Regulations on firearm ownership may be created through law or executive order." Now after further deep dive into records, it appears that there is no law that I can find that has given the LSPD the right to regulate firearm ownership.

Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 1, of our Constitution states "The executive power shall be vested in a Board of Governors for the State of San Andreas, who will have absolute control over the legislative and judicial branches of government." Based off my studies, there's only been a few executive orders and none of them have to do with firearm regulations.

I am sure the records exist somewhere, so does the LSPD mind providing the link or documentation to prove that they, through executive order or by law, have been given the right to regulate firearm ownership?

And furthermore, can the LSPD provide proof that the current regulations were enacted through executive order or by law?

Thanks!
      Summer Haze
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Re: Public Inquiry [Citizen]

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Public Inquiry [Citizen]

The Los Santos Police Department was tasked with regulating the licensing of firearms and their ownership by the San Andreas State Government and by extension the Board of Governors. The Police Department being tasked with this responsibility long precedes the drafted Constitution as it was tasked with this years before any Constitution was drafted and signed, as can be witnessed by the posting date of the documents hosted by the Police Department.

Any regulations, current or previous, were drafted and published after discussions with the Board of Governors. Any ongoing discussions surrounding regulations pertaining to the enforcement of firearms and ownership thereof are held involving the Board of Governors or a ranking official acting in the capacity of a liaison from the State Government.

(( Server management, meaning the developers and founders, tasked the LSPD faction with this responsibility several years before SAGOV was established as a faction or relevant roleplay group in this server. I don't want to come across as rude, but I'm not entirely sure what to say here in an IC manner and this doesn't seem very worthy of pursuing IC as these game systems were designed by the developers who then tasked the LSPD, who as a faction worked on these regulations with past and current Governors and Head Administrators, long before SAGOV, JB, LRC, or any Constitution was ever introduced to this server. ))

If you desire proof I welcome you to inquire with Governor Osborn or potentially Governor Langley as to the involvement of the Police Department in the regulation of firearm ownership within the State prior to and after the proper establishment of the Constitution. Unfortunately, Commissioner Carter is no longer here to provide any comment.

Respectfully,
    Assistant Chief Elena Blake
    Los Santos Police Department
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

“ʟᴀ ᴄɪᴜᴅᴀᴅ ᴅᴇ ʟᴏs sᴜᴇñᴏs ʀᴏᴛᴏs”
Rija Luigi
Civilian Employee
ECRP Forum Name: ShegoFrey

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

Re: Public Inquiry [Citizen]