[San Andreas Judicial Branch] May Newsletter

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Chief Justice

• Chief Justice Judith Mason
    Citizens of San Andreas,

It is an honor to address you as the newest Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of San Andreas. Since my first day of work on June 18th, 2021, I have pledged to work for the Citizens of the State of San Andreas and to do everything within my power to protect the rights which we all hold dear and to better the governmental systems that we have in place to better suit our ever-changing society.

As I look back on my almost two years of employment within this branch, I can see just how far we've come - from a fledgling group of legal nerds hidden behind the locked doors of the old Courthouse on Vespucci Boulevard to a diverse group of talented and dedicated public servants who work relentlessly day in and day out in the name of justice for all citizens within our state.

Finally, I would like to give thanks to our previous Chief Justice and now Associate Justice, Colt Daniels, for his devoted leadership over the past year and a half. Mr. Daniels' tireless efforts have made a great contribution to the State of San Andreas which could never be overstated.

The end of one chapter marks the beginning of another - the page is blank, but boy am I eager to write.

Chief Justice Judith Mason
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Promotions/Reinstatements
  • Associate JusticeChief Justice
    • Judith Mason
    Chief JusticeAssociate Justice [Reassignment]
    • Colt Daniels
    Senior Prosecuting AttorneyDeputy Attorney General
    • Tony McFornell
    Public Defense AttorneySenior Public Defense Attorney
    • Ruwin Korbel
    Prosecuting AttorneySenior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Gregory Kumerow
    Junior Prosecuting AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Hope Kant
    Junior ParalegalJunior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Winston West
Important Announcement
  • The New Chief Justice Judith Mason
    On the 6th of June, 2021, a young professional-looking woman put on her periwinkle suit and made her way to 33 Vespucci Boulevard for an interview with the San Andreas Judicial Branch. Her interviewer had to reschedule, so: On the 10th of June, 2021, a young professional-looking woman put on her periwinkle suit and made her way to the courthouse for an interview with then-Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of San Andreas, James Mayfeld.

The interview went surprisingly well and just less than 72 hours later, she was given the message: “Dear Applicant, I’m pleased to inform you that you have made it past all required steps and have been selected for a position within the branch!”

She was initially hired as a paralegal and spent her time studying the penal code and familiarizing herself with the infantile court system which had only been released just a few weeks prior. After passing the practical Bar Examination, she received her law license and, along with the help of her friends and colleagues, Aurora James and Hank Holt, among others, began crafting some of the services that the Judicial Branch would later offer, such as the Office of Marriage and Civil Partnerships and the Office of Contract Authenticity.

Seeing the work she had accomplished within her first couple months of employment, Chief Justice Mayfeld put forth her name in consideration to be promoted to court clerk and thus on the path for judgeship in early August 2021. On the same day that she received her promotion to Court Clerk, the Judicial Branch received an application from a member of the Los Santos County Sheriff’s Department who was looking for a change in career and believed his experience and dedication to helping those who need it the most would greatly benefit the Judicial Branch.

Ladies and gentlemen, I can say with full confidence that that day in August was one of the most pivotal days in Judicial Branch history, for it set in motion a series of events that allowed that new applicant to climb the ranks alongside that court clerk to a point where the two of them, at the beginning of 2022, could become Chief Justice Colt Daniels and Associate Justice Judith Mason.

Chief Justice Daniels has facilitated a most amazing transformation of the Judicial Branch from a small group of like-minded individuals trying to administer justice to a strong institution with members that work tirelessly every single day of the week to ensure that justice prevails in our state. If it wasn’t for his adept leadership, the branch would not be where it is today and I struggle to see how we could have succeeded without him at the helm.

On behalf of all of us, I would like to thank you, Mr. Daniels, for the countless hours and endless dedication you have displayed thus far to the Judicial Branch, to the citizens of the State of San Andreas, and justice by and large.

As I accept this great responsibility, I vow to honor the legacy that you place in my hands, to uphold and respect the unbiased rule of law, and to do everything within my power as the Chief Justice of the San Andreas Judicial Branch to protect the sacred rights of all those within our great state.

To the citizens of San Andreas, I look forward to serving you in the name of justice and I’m wonderfully excited to soon share with you what we have in store for the future of the Judicial Branch in the coming weeks.

Chief Justice Judith Mason
Closing Message

• Director Robert Winejudge
    Dear Citizens of San Andreas,

The end of May marks the start of summer, which begins an exciting era for our state. Pool parties, more people around the pier, lots of events hosted by the state or independent organizations, the possibilities are near endless.

As always, I'm grateful for you joining us in this little monthly showcase of our Judicial Branch, and I hope we all have a wonderful summer, spending time with friends and enjoying the endless possibilities our state offers!

See you in July!

Superior Court Judge
    (909) 372-4223 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”