[PRESS RELEASE #56] Changes to the Judicial Branch and LSEMS

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
Oj Wood
Public Relations Strategist
ECRP Forum Name: Oj Wood

LSEMS Awards

SASG Awards

SAJB Awards

[PRESS RELEASE #56] Changes to the Judicial Branch and LSEMS

Post by Oj Wood »

01 June, 2023
San Andreas State Government
1. Introduction
  • The San Andreas State Government is pleased to announce that Judith Mason has been appointed as Chief Justice with Colt Daniels stepping down to Associate Justice. In addition, we want to warmly welcome Alex Mpache as the new Chief of LSEMS, having been hired after a lengthy application process. We want to extend our thanks to Interim Chief of LSEMS Andrea Fallon for her service during the interim period!
Judith Mason Appointed Chief Justice
  • Article III of the San Andreas Constitution lays out the frame work for the Court System within our Great State. At the top of this system in the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, who oversees the entire Judicial Branch.

Section 4.1: Composition of the Lower Courts
    The Lower Courts shall be composed by a number of judges determined by the Chief Justice, who shall hold their offices in good behavior. The Chief Justice shall be appointed by the Board of Governors, and shall serve at their pleasure.

Since January of 2022 Chief Justice Colt Daniels has faithfully served the San Andreas Judicial Branch and has made an impact that will last forever. However May 20th Justice Daniels stepped down as Chief Justice and Associate Justice Judith Mason assumed the role of Chief Justice. The State of San Andreas would like to recognize the Colt Daniels Service as Chief Justice and wish him well as he continues to serve our Great State in his new position.

Justice Mason brings with her a legacy of service to the People and a wealth of knowledge. Justice Mason started as a paralegal for the Judicial Branch and quickly climbed to ranks and was made an Associate Justice for the Supreme Court in January of 2022. Having contributed countless cases in our Court System and has clearly demonstrated her commitment to justice within our great state.

What is your proudest moment while serving as Associate Justice?
    Judith Mason wrote:I would have to say that one of the accomplishments that I'm most proud of would have to be working with Chief Justice Daniels on our release of the Three Court System, as outlined in [PRESS RELEASE #4] Judicial Branch Changes and Introduction of the Three Court System. Up until that point, the Justice System within the State of San Andreas was functioning at a basic level, however, it lacked the refinement and overarching effectiveness that we were hoping for and would expect from a modern Justice System, causing our cases to suffer as a result.

In response to this, Chief Justice Daniels and I worked many late nights at the old Courthouse on Vespucci Boulevard, trying to come up with ways both to alleviate the strain that the existing system had caused and to establish a solid foundation that we could rely upon in the future. Finally, in March of last year, we held a press conference by old City Hall, where we released the Three Court System, outlining a Superior Court, where evidence is presented and the trial takes place; a Court of Appeals, which exists to review disputed decisions made in the Superior Court; and a Supreme Court, the court of the highest authority in the state, able to review and overturn decisions made in the lower courts.

By this time last year, we had activated about twenty cases in the new system and we were beginning to see the fruits of our labor, with our public court proceedings and pretrial procedures exponentially increasing in quality from that point forward. While there is still much work to do, I can safely say that the introduction of the Three Court System was a major turning point in bringing the Judicial Branch out of it's infancy and another step closer to our vision of an ideal Justice System.
    What are your goals for the future in your new role as an Chief Justice?
    Judith Mason wrote: My major goals as I step into this position are to reduce the backlog of cases by streamlining our pretrial procedures further, to expand on the Judicial Branch subdivisions such as Public Relations & the Public Notary by further developing the systems we currently have in place, and to pave the way for Civil Court in the not-so-distant future by modifying and adjusting our Justice System to account for the impact that Civil Court will inevitably make on the state.

Needless to say, there is plenty of work to do for all of us within the Judicial Branch and it's certainly a team effort. With the help and support of my fellow colleagues, I'm confident that there are many good things in store for the Judicial Branch and I'm excited to continue to be at the forefront of our growing Justice System.
    Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people of San Andreas?
    Judith Mason wrote: Simply put, it's an absolute honor to be in this position and I vow to administer justice to the very best of my ability and to perform my duties for the betterment of the entire State of San Andreas. The path towards the ideal is never-ending, but each and every step in the right direction is a step worth taking.
Alex Mpache Appointed Chief of EMS
  • With the resignation of EMS Chief Samantha Tenbe in March of 2023 the need for a new Chief to lead this critical service arised. Following a extensive application process with many highly qualified individuals, Deputy Chief of EMS Alex Mpache was called upon to serve as the new Chief of EMS for the great state of San Andreas.

Chief Mpache has been with LSEMS since November of 2020 faithfully serving the citizens of San Andreas. Chief Mpache was appointed Deputy Chief of EMS in June of 2022 and has served as the Head of the Field Training Division as well as the Director of Operations throughout his career at EMS.

We are so excited to see what Chief Mpache has in-store for the department and we are confident given his experience and dedication to service will prove incredibly beneficial to not just EMS but the State of San Andreas as a whole.

What is your proudest moment while serving as Deputy Chief?
    Alex Mpache wrote:My tenure as the Deputy Chief has been lengthy and fruitful, which I feel honored to be able to state. Throughout the ten-month tenure, there have been many changes that I've personally pushed for and made, but I believe the thing I'm the proudest of is the leaders I've taught and created, sparking their inner flame and causing every single one of them to be a force to be a fortress of their own, teaching their own generations and making sure nobody is left behind, as I made sure they don't themselves.
    What are your goals for the future in your new role as the Chief?
    Alex Mpache wrote:I firmly believe that the future of the Department is very bright overall. I can proudly say that I have a team that I can trust and that there is only going to be an increase in stability department-wide as we work towards internal and external goals, both in the means of improving our services, expanding them, and future-proofing them. When it comes to internal arrangements, I'm happy to say that there are plenty of leaders who are ready to step up when it is needed and that the department is only going to be improving going forward. Only together, as a team, can we ensure that the department experiences stability, growth, and evolution.
    Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people of San Andreas?
    Alex Mpache wrote:With each generation of LSEMS Leadership, the department sees a change for the better, one way or another, and if you want to be a part of the new generation, ready to give it their all, now is the time to act on the thought.

And no matter what, remember to keep on keeping on.

Governor Lewis Langley

Governor Samuel Osborn

Governor Jason Castillo

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”