LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

Request for Information

Post by Andy Tyrie »

• Full Name: Andy Tyrie
    Phone Number: 3945986
    Position in Agency: N/A
  • Detailed information of your inquiry:
    • I have a request that involves both seeking information and requesting comments. It pertains to our current system of civil partnerships/marriage within our state, specifically regarding the individuals authorized to perform the ceremony.

My question is simple: Why are licensed pilots allowed to conduct these ceremonies, while bar-certified attorneys are not? It is my understanding that becoming a bar-certified attorney involves a more stringent process and members are held to higher standards of morals and ethics compared to pilots. Please note that I do not disagree with pilots being able to officiate, but I am curious about the rationale behind excluding a seemingly more esteemed group of individuals who are held to higher standards.

Furthermore, I would appreciate comments from the members of the judicial branch on this matter. It appears that there are two members of the public notary, who I believe handle licenses and related matters for civil partnerships. Therefore, I request comments from both Roderick Marchisio and Hope Kant. If it is more convenient for only the highest-ranking member to reply, I understand, If this is the case I request a response from the head. In case I have misunderstood the appropriate contact persons, I sincerely apologize and kindly request comments from any higher-ranking members of the public notary or the relevant group responsible for such matters.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to anyone who takes the time to respond to this request, regardless of the outcome.
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Request for Information

Post by Colt Daniels »

San Andreas Judicial Branch
Re: Request for Information

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

• Mr. Tyrie,

I appreciate your patience in a response on this request.

The initial reasoning behind who could and couldn't officiate a wedding is laid in tradition. A tradition that we have never bothered to change until now. Within the coming months the Public Notary will be releasing a change to this and plan to open our doors allowing people to become ordained. I will not go into too much detail on the matter as all things are subject to change and we have not ironed out the entire process yet but I assure you we are aware of the situation and plan to revise it.

I hope this answer is satisfactory. If you have any further questions please file another request for information. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    San Andreas Judicial Branch
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Public Inquiries”