Post by James Casey »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: James Casey
    Phone Number: 3389864
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Institution (If Applicable): N/A
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I'm inquiring as to the legality of a registered Private Security Firm providing it's employees who are tasked with various protection tasks, Automatic Weapons and Body Armour. I am aware for a regular citizen this is illegal, hence why I'm inquiring into if there is some sort of Buisness exemption or registration one might apply for to make this legal.

Thanks for your time,

James Casey
Bill Breacher
Police Lieutenant II
ECRP Forum Name: Requiem

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Public Inquirt [Citizen]

Post by Bill Breacher »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear James Casey,

It is the role of the LSPD to enforce the penal code of the State of San Andreas. Should any civilian, whether they are part of a private security firm or not, be in violation of the penal code through possession of illegal body armor or illegal weapons, or any other law overall, they will be subject to any and all penalties as defined by the penal code. The LSPD does not make any exemptions for private businesses.

Per the penal code - WM04 - Possession of Illegal Body Armor states "possessing illegal body armor not purchased or obtained through legal traders. Armor being kevlar, plates, steel, or even make-shift items intended to slow down or stop knives or bullets."
    Furthermore, WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons states "Illegally possessing any type of firearm, weapon, parts of a firearm/weapon, ammunition or a firearm without a serial number."

Currently in the State of San Andreas, there are no legal means of obtaining "automatic weapons" or "body armour" as a civilian. Only law enforcement/government agencies currently have access to these legally.

Should anyone have information on someone in possession of illegal firearms or body armour, especially a private business, the LSPD urges those individuals to file a crime report, along with any evidence they may have, on the government website so the matter can be further investigated.

Regarding business license matters specifically, those inquiries should be directed to the San Andreas State Government.

Sincerely,

Police Lieutenant I Bill Breacher
    Public Information Officer/Spokesperson, Media Relations Division
    Los Santos Police Department
Rija Luigi
Police Lieutenant I
ECRP Forum Name: ShegoFrey

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

Re: Public Inquirt [Citizen]

Post by Rija Luigi »

archived.