[San Andreas Judicial Branch] April Newsletter

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Associate Justice

• Associate Justice Judith Mason
    Citizens of San Andreas,

As we close out the fourth month of 2023, I'd like to take a moment to look back and review some of what the Judicial Branch has accomplished since the beginning of this year.

I'm happy to say that in 2023, we've activated our first 50 different cases within the first 109 days of the year as compared to last year, when it took 152 days to activate the first 50 cases of the 22-CM grouping. While the Judicial Branch still has a ways to go with just over 20 cases in the backlog, we have made great progress this year! We currently have 11 active cases within the Superior Court, and with our steady growth of employees joining the branch, I am confident that we will continue to lower the average amount of time it takes both to activate and to conclude cases.

I am also pleased to report that the subdivisions within the Judicial Branch are starting to fill out as well, with new members joining the Office of the Public Notary, the Training & Hiring Staff, and the Public Relations Division. These are all essential functions of the branch and the more employees we have to review and fulfill requests, the better equipped we will be to respond in a timely manner.

There is much yet to come from JB, so keep an eye out and let us know how we can be of assistance!

Associate Justice Judith Mason
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Promotions/Reinstatements
  • Senior Defense AttorneyDeputy Chief Public Defender
    • Shaun Harper
    ParalegalSenior Paralegal
    • Lynn Foster
    Junior Defense AttorneyPublic Defense Attorney
    • Blake Eli
    • Oscar Sparrowhill
    Junior Prosecuting AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Hope Kant
    Junior Prosecuting AttorneyParalegal
    • Grant Adams
Important Announcement
  • The New Trial Docket

Have you ever gone to a public trial and thought to yourself, "Exhibit 3? Which one is that?" or "What was this guy even charged with in the first place?"

Well look no further - the Judicial Branch is proud to offer a new detailed informational page for public trial day that outlines key information like the charges being disputed, links to the evidence being used, and the names of the attorneys who are presenting the case in court.

Next time you're sitting in the gallery trying to follow along with the attorneys, visit https://www.sajudicial.com/trial to get a detailed overview of the case and click the links to see just what the prosecution has presented as evidence.
Closing Message

• Associate Justice Judith Mason
    As a final note, I would like to point out that the end of April marks the end of the First Congress of the Law Review Committee, the legislative body in charge of writing new laws and reviewing existing laws for the betterment of the State of San Andreas. This committee is of great importance and is vital to our unique form of government.

The beginning of May brings the second legislative session and we at the Judicial Branch are looking forward to seeing what bills and resolutions are going to be sponsored by the new members of the House.

On behalf of the San Andreas Judicial Branch, I would like to thank the honorable members of the First Congress for their service, and wish a warm welcome to the honorable representatives joining Speaker Whitehorse in the Second Congress!

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”