Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

[PRESS RELEASE #16] New Divisional Command: The Future of the Judicial Branch

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

New Divisional Command: The Future of the Judicial Branch
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

• Citizens of San Andreas,

At the end of March, Associate Justice Judith Mason and myself met to discuss both divisional command positions, those being the Attorney General and Chief Public Defender for the State of San Andreas. These seats have been vacant due to the promotion of Judge Hugh R. Allgood and a step down from Cyrus Raven to pursue a seat on the Law Review Committee back at the beginning of the year.

With April beginning and the 1st Congress session ending, it was time to fill these positions. Justice Mason and myself knew the obvious choice for these positions were the Deputy Attorney General Roderick Marchisio and Deputy Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven. These two individuals were both previously employed with the Los Santos Police Department and both joined the San Andreas Judicial Branch in the spring of 2022. We are more than confident in their ability to run their respective divisions and do what is best for the State of San Andreas and the people that live in it.

We are glad to be able to fill these positions and open the Deputy positions under them so that employees of the Judicial Branch have a goal to strive for and Attorney General Marchisio and Chief Public Defender Raven can put individuals in those positions in the future to assist them with the day to day operations of their division. We are confident that these assignments will continue to move the branch forward in a positive direction so that we can ensure, as always, that justice prevails within our great state.

A statement from Attorney General Roderick Marchisio and Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven.
    Attorney General Roderick Marchisio wrote:

• Roderick Marchisio
      My name is Roderick Marchisio. I was born in a relatively small city - Gouda, like the cheese - in the Netherlands from both Dutch and Italian parents, hence my Italian surname. Before I emigrated to Los Santos and became an American citizen, I completed my master's degree in law at one of the biggest universities in the country. My first job in the State of San Andreas was at Los Santos Customs, where I worked my way up to the role of Chief Financial Officer, where I could combine my passion for anything with an engine with my other passion: law. This was a position that was so close to my heart that I also occupied this position at Weazel News Entertainment Network and Downtown Cab Company before I decided to make the move to criminal law and sought employment with the Los Santos Police Department, where I had been employed for about a year and a half before moving on after having had senior and supervisory roles within some divisions.

Having joined the San Andreas Judicial Branch in May of 2022, there was no doubt in my mind I wanted to become a Prosecuting Attorney. I have always been intrinsically interested in the letter of the law, fascinated by the various theoretical discussions that can be had, and enthralled by the importance and principles that criminal law and criminology have to offer. It is this passion that has also seen me be appointed as the Director of the Public Notary for the State.
      I strongly believe that there will always be a time when you have to make a choice between what is easy and what is right. Looking back at what the Prosecution Division and I have managed to achieve in our Judicial Branch so far, we have always and will always strive for what is right for our justice system, but more importantly, for the community of our state: the people we serve.

With my promotion to the position of Attorney General, the task of leading the Prosecution Division and the responsibilities that come with it lie with me. The Prosecution Division and I are responsible for representing the State in court cases as well as providing law enforcement agencies and the Board of Governors with legal advice. As the newly appointed Attorney General, I am committed to continue building on a legal system that is fair, just, and equitable for all, and to ensure that every citizen has equal access to justice. To achieve this commitment, I have set out several goals for my tenure, including:
      • 1. Ensuring that justice is served: I am committed to upholding the law and ensuring that justice is served for all citizens, regardless of their background or status.
      • 2. Protecting citizens: I am committed to protecting the rights of citizens and ensuring that their safety and security is maintained. This includes working with law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute cases related to public safety, such as terrorism, organized crime, and drug trafficking.
      • 3. Providing legal advice: I will provide legal advice to government officials and agencies on a wide range of issues, including constitutional law, civil rights, administrative law, and international law.
      • 4. Promoting fairness and equality: I am committed to promoting fairness and equality within the legal system, and will work to ensure that the legal system is fair and impartial for all citizens.
      In my new role as Attorney General, I am committed to serving the people of San Andreas and ensuring that justice is served for all citizens and look forward to continuing the collaboration with the Board of Governors, law enforcement agencies and legal experts throughout the state to achieve these goals and uphold the law.
    Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven wrote:

• Cyrus Raven
      It is with great honor that I accept this position. I had previously held the position of Chief Public Defender before I decided to step-down to become a Law Review Committee representative. Having ended my term, I am now able to return to this position with full dedication.

My main responsibility as the head of the Public Defense Division is to make sure you, the citizens of Los Santos, receive adequate legal representation from our Public Defenders. Luckily, I am already well supported by a dedicated team of attorneys and paralegals that have shown an unwavering commitment to protecting your rights and interests. As such, my focus in the immediate future will be to take a step back and develop the division from an administrative side, ensuring that future attorneys are able to keep a consistent standard of quality long after I am gone. I am also keen on progressing beyond Chief Public Defender when the time is right.

Chief Justice
(909) 402-9713 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”