Charging Department: PD
Date & Time of Incident(s): 02/APR/2023 20:50
Charge(s):
  • Evading an officer
  • Resisting arrest
  • Face Concealment
  • Battery of a government employee
Narrative:
Woke up around 20:35ish at Eclipse towers, to which my car didn't seem to be there, I searched around, checking my tracker before finding my car abandoned around the garbage area. I decided to go for a drive, as the Sentinel classic widebody is indeed my favourite car.

I admittingly was going over the speed limit with Officer Mario Luigi clocking me at 130mph. I pulled over and proceeded to take off my mask, along with grabbing my license at the ready and a general traffic stop occurred. A officer walked up to my car and asked me to step out, to which I complied and we had a talk to which he stated "we all know why you're being pulled over with a large police presence". I informed the officer that I certainly wasn't sure on why this large presence was here, maybe it was due to my record, to which the officer accused myself of evading. Taken aback by this, I instantly defended myself, stating for around the 5th time that I had only just woken up and got my car that was abandoned.

A cadet with the badge number 20106 pulled up in a van and began walking over to me saying "yes this is her." Other officers didn't seem convinced and I become to get very anxious by the large velocity of officers to myself talking over one another. The cadet quickly said I was under arrest and everyone began to surround myself, making myself "freak out". I tried to call my psychiatrist Charles Swift from MD for some assistance to calm down, but I was tazed and told I was not allowed this help, despite it being known I have a lot of mental health problems that require specific attention when flared up.

As the officers began grabbing me, I had several officers screaming in my face, waving tazers and batons, along with lights, sirens and a general overwhelming situation to where it ended with three officers man handling me despite me trying to say I need to calm down. They refused to listen to my needs and instead continued to scream at me even when I had cuffs on and was complying. I did kick an officer out of fright of trying to get away, I kicked him once to create a space from feeling threatened.

I had a mask on in my car, I took it off during the traffic stop, and it remained off. I should not of been charged with face concealment.

Alongside this, I've had my car impounded, with a 10K fine, license suspended and served jail time for no reason than a cadet "thinking" someone could be me because they have "similar" tattoos... considering it's night time and he's looking at dark tattoos, and for the fact of it's "someone with black hair and a baseball cap" to which I know multiple people with the same!

(I'm editing this to show a picture of tattoos and that multiple people can have the same ones)

I, Skylar Xiao, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Last edited by Skylar Dex on Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas vs Skylar Xiao

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 2nd of April, 2023.

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Robert Winejudge
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas vs Skylar Xiao

Post by Robert Winejudge »

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on the 2nd of April, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Court Clerk
(909) 372-4223 — [email protected]
Blake Eli
ECRP Forum Name: Eli Blake

LSEMS Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao

Post by Blake Eli »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 2nd of April, 2023.

I, Blake Eli, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Skylar Xiao.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Blake Eli
Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 323-9861 — [email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao

Post by Hope Kant »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on 01/APR/2023.

I, Hope Kant, a Prosecuting Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel alongside Attorney General Roderick Marchisio and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Prosecuting Attorney
Notary Public
(909) 321-2132 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0055, State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0055

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on the 30th day of May, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0055.

At this time the State has adequate representation, however, the Defendant is still seeking representation. At this time the court will delay the Order for Discovery until adequate representation has been assigned and they inform the court they are ready to proceed.

Chief Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0055

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 29th of May, 2023.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

• Exhibit #1: Skylar Xiao Arrest Report - 02/APR/2023

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
    "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
    • SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Skylar Xiao
        Phone Number: 5472424
        Licenses Suspended: Yes
        Officers Involved:
        • Police Sergeant I Rija Luigi
        • Police Lieutenant I Samuele Colonna
        • Police Officer I Tucker Hamlin
        • Police Officer III Ax Spencer
        • Police Cadet Jay Plague
        Charges:
        • GM04 - Resisting Arrest
        • GM02 - Battery of a Gov. Employee
        • VF01 - Evading an Officer
        • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE
      • Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • Officer Jay Plague and Ax Spencer pulled over a silver Sentinel Classic Widebody RO: Skylar Xiao. LP ZO0O0O0M. The driver refused to show ID and ended up evading without showing ID and wearing a mask. Officer Plague reported a BOLO on the situation. Later on an Officer stopped the same vehicle as mentioned above and Officer Plague was called to the scene to confirm it was the same driver. Skylar Xiao was the driver on scene and Skylar Xiao had the same hair, hair color, and tattoos as the driver evading on Officer Plagues Body cam. While being arrested, Skylar Xiao did not comply with lawful orders and had to be tazed after kicking Officer Samuele Colonna in the leg while attempting to cuff her. Skylar Xiao was arrested and taken to DOC.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
        Possessions are to be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Legal possessions that can be categorized may be grouped, eg. "Clothing" to describe all clothing items. Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible, the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: Mask

Legal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: clothes x2
          Exhibit B: gps
          Exhibit C: Cloth
          Exhibit D: knife
          Exhibit E: GPS

Photograph of Possessions (MANDATORY)
    Exhibit #2: Police Officer III Ax Spencer's Statement

Official Witness Statement
    "HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
    Case Information
    • Incident Date: [02/APR/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Ax Spencer]
      Date of Birth: [10/OCT/1990]
      Phone Number: [202-2765]
    Witness Statement
    • [On April 2nd 2023, I took Cadet Jay Plague out on an ADAM patrol. While we were continuing our duties in the field, Cadet Jay Plague decided to set up a speed trap on San Andreas Avenue. We started this speed trap by seeing a speeding Sentinel Classic Widebody. We pulled the vehicle over and initiated a 10-55 on the car. We were parked right outside of the mall. We both left the police vehicle when we went to the windows of the Sentinel Classic Widebody. I saw from the passengers side that the drivers wearing a hat, black mask, and a black and white stripped shirt. I let Cadet plague take control of the scene and he started off by asking the driver for their license. After roughly 3 minutes of refusal Cadet Plague removed his taser from his waste band and was going to arrest the driver for failing to comply. The refusal was that the driver of the Sentinel Widebody did NOT want to show the Cadet their license nor get out of the car when requested. Then when the driver heard that was more charges going to be added they took off. While taking off they hit Cadet Plague in his left hip causing him to fall. I called out the vehicle over the radio and we lost visual pretty quickly. After losing visual I proceeded to insure that the Cadet Plague made a BOLO with everything that happened/saw. He made a BOLO that was up to PD standard and that is when I went off shift. I was never on scene when Skylar Xiao was arrested. ]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Ax Spencer], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Ax Spencer]
      [Police Officer III Ax Spencer]
      [Los Santos Police Department]

Date: [12/APR/2023]
    Exhibit #3: Police Cadet J. Plague's Statement

Case Information
    • Incident Date: [02/April/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: Jay Plague
      Date of Birth: [10/04/1997]
      Phone Number: [407-6117]
    Witness Statement
    • Officer Jay Plague and Ax Spencer pulled over a silver Sentinel Classic Widebody RO: Skylar Xiao. LP ZO0O0O0M. The driver refused to show ID and ended up evading without showing ID and wearing a mask. Officer Plague reported a BOLO on the situation. Later on an Officer stopped the same vehicle as mentioned above and Officer Plague was called to the scene to confirm it was the same driver. Skylar Xiao was the driver on scene and Skylar Xiao had the same hair, hair color, and tattoos, scarf, and glasses. as the driver evading on Officer Plagues Body cam. While being arrested, Skylar Xiao did not comply with lawful orders and had to be tazed after kicking Officer Samuele Colonna in the leg while attempting to cuff her. Skylar Xiao was arrested and taken to DOC.

Bodycam of initial incident: INCLUDED IN EXHIBIT 5

Additional Statement not seen on the arrest report

Skylar Xaio shared the exact gender, skin tone, hair color, hair style, tattoos on both arms, hat, glasses, and scarf as the suspect from the bodycam footage provided. I belive beyond all reasonable doubt Skylar Xaio is the women from the body cam footage from the original scene.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Jay Plague], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Jay Plague]
      [Cadet]
      [LSPD]

Date: [03/April/2023]
    Exhibit #4: Police Lieutenant I S. Colonna's Statement

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 02/APR/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Samuele Colonna
      Date of Birth: 11/NOV/1997
      Phone Number: You can find it on the MDC if you need it
    Witness Statement
    • I was not involved in the pursuit of the Sentinel Widebody. I assisted during the arrest where, as the officer stated on scene, the suspect matched the appearance of the person we had pulled over. I told the officer what details he should look at in his body camera footage and he said it was a complete match except for the t-shirt.
      The officer asked the individual to put her hands up and allow us to interlock her hands behind her back but she started walking away and not complying with the orders. After several attempts to cuff her willingly, met with resistance and insults, we were forced to escalate the force and use our hands and bodies to keep her in one place. She also kicked my leg while trying to resist but I was on her side and another officer was holding her so it was nothing more than a failed attempt to resist.
      The person we pulled over said that a certain Opal Villain looks exactly like her but after checking the most recent arrest reports I came to the conclusion that the only thing they have in common is they are both females.
      I believe it's common sense that a bandana ain't gonna hide the fact that it's you behind that piece of cloth. If it is clear that it is you, it's you, even if your mouth and nose are covered.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Samuele Colonna, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

S. Colonna
      Samuele Colonna
      Police Lieutenant I
      Los Santos Police Department

Date: 04/APR/2023
    Exhibit #5: Bodycam of the Initial Incident
    **Click!**
    (( Bodycam RP below for Jay Plague (due to the time we needed to get logs)
    ► Show Spoiler
    ))
    Exhibit #6: Photo Stills Of Bodycam Footage
    Exhibit #7: Photos of Skylar Xiao tattoos
    Exhibit #8: Photos of Skylar Xiao at Arrest

A Notary Public
Prosecuting Attorney

Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
    Last edited by Hope Kant on Tue May 30, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

• Honorable Judge Mason and pertaining parties,

This is a notice to courts stating the prosecution no longer needs time for discovery. We would be fine turning the discovery over to the defense in efforts of speeding up court times.

Respectfully,

Prosecuting Attorney
      Notary Public
    Judith Mason
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

The court appreciates the enthusiasm from the prosecution in this case, however, the defendant currently requires representation due to their previous attorney's resignation. Once adequate representation is obtained, the Order for Discovery will be officially issued and we will move forward with the defense's window to present motions in response.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    Lisa Winter
    Lead Paramedic
    ECRP Forum Name: Lisa Winters

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 30th of May, 2023

I, Lisa Winter, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant(s), Skylar Xiao in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Defense Attorney
    (909) 233-5420 — [email protected]
    Ruwin Korbel
    ECRP Forum Name: Ruwin Korbel

SAJB Awards

Post by Ruwin Korbel »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 1st of June, 2023

I, Ruwin Korbel, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Skylar Xiao in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Ruwin "Quiet" Korbel
    Public Defence Attourney
    (909) 556-2848 — [email protected][/list]
    Judith Mason
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0055

A court order was entered in the above case on the 3rd day of June, 2023.

The case of #23-CM-0055, State of San Andreas v. Skylar Xiao is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Chief Justice
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

This is a notice to courts stating the prosecution no longer needs time to present our discovery. We would be fine turning the discovery phase over to the defense in efforts of speeding up court times.

Respectfully,

Prosecuting Attorney
      Notary Public
    Judith Mason
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

With the prosecution confirming the waiver of their remaining time on the Order for Discovery, the defense shall be given 72 hours to submit any motions in response to the previously presented discovery.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    Lisa Winter
    Lead Paramedic
    ECRP Forum Name: Lisa Winters

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

#23-CM-0055

A Motion for Continuance was filed in the above case on the 8th of June, 2023.

The Defendant, Skylar Xiao, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Continuance, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Time needed to talk with Primary Counsel and Defendant
      • Detailed Explanation: The defense is requesting a continuance of Seven Days So that we may have time to fully look into the discovery provided by the Prosecution and get in contact with the client.

((Primary Counsel needs additional time due to unforeseen circumstances))

Junior Defense Attorney
    (909) 233-5420 — [email protected]
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

The prosecution respects the defenses need for time, but we would caution around too much more time as this case has had representation from the 2nd of April, 2023. The defense was granted 72 hours for discovery on the 3rd of June. They posted a motion for continuance on the 8th of June, they have already been given a continuance without requesting one. Now they have motioned and are requesting a further continuance.

If the defense is not ready for trial, the trial will not be fair. However, I once again reference the defenses arguments in #23-CM-0047, State of San Andreas v. Carl Vespucci. There had to have been some work done on the case prior to the primary taking over, that being said I would expect that the defense would not need another week as the primary has not put in an LOA or anything of that nature to signal their inability to complete the case on time.

The prosecution believes they should be given time, but another 7 days is a significant amount, when they've been given extra time already.

Respectfully,

Prosecuting Attorney
      Notary Public
    Judith Mason
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0055

A decision was reached in the above case on the 13th day of June, 2023.

An approved Leave of Absence was filed by the primary counsel for the defense on the 8th of June. As such, the court will be granting the Motion for Continuance for 7 days, now setting the next deadline to be the 15th of June at approximately 12:30pm.

Chief Justice
    Cyrus Raven
    ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 15th of June, 2023.

I, Cyrus Raven, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch will be representing the Defendant, Skylar Xiao in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel while Attorney Korbel is on her LOA which has been extended.

Cyrus Raven
    Chief Public Defender
    San Andreas Judicial Branch - Command
    5356160 — [email protected]
    Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

#23-CM-0055

A Motion for Continuance was filed in the above case on the 15th of June, 2023.

The Defendant, Skylar Xiao, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Continuance, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Time needed to talk with Defendant
      • Detailed Explanation: The defense is requesting a continuance of three Days to contact the Defendant and discuss the case.

((Primary Counsel LOA extended due to unforeseen circumstances))

Cyrus Raven
    Chief Public Defender
    Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

MOTION FOR VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

A Motion for Voluntary Dismissal was filed in the above case on the 15th of June, 2023.

The Defendant, Skylar Xiao, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Voluntary Dismissal, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Defendant no longer wishes to pursue appeal
      • Detailed Explanation: Defendant no longer wishes to pursue appeal

Cyrus Raven
    Chief Public Defender
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

The Prosecution has no objection to the above Motion. If it is the defendants wish for dismissal, than the Prosecution will comply.

Respectfully,

Senior Prosecuting Attorney
      Notary Public
    Judith Mason
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0055

A decision was reached in the above case on the 16th day of June, 2023.

The court is hereby granting the Motion for Voluntary Dismissal. With the defendant's decision to no longer pursue this dispute of charges, this case will be dismissed and the charges shall remain on the defendant's record. Furthermore, the defendant will be subject to pay court fees in the amount of $10,000 in accordance with Judicial Branch policy for time, effort, and resources expended on this case after it's activation.

Chief Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”