March 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

March 2023 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the March Press Release!
It seems as there was a little screwup with the press release that was released yesterday but everything is amended now.
March felt like an incredibly long Month at the department and many big things occurred such as the release and hiring of CCOs and mass recruitment of lots of new members of staff. Special shout out to Deputy Warden Schneider for her hard work the last month in assisting me not going insane.
This press release only covers a few of the events of the month!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month March 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Looking back at my time here at DOC I think this would be a crowning achievement for me. We have so many wonderful people employed here at SADOC that it's truly hard to stand out from the rest. When the Employee of the Month award was about to be announced there was a plethora of names that first came to mind and I never thought I would be included among them. I sincerely thank the command team and the general staff from the bottom of my heart for all of their patience and support.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Moving forward it's hard to say what I would like to achieve next at SADOC. I've never really been a goal setter. I try my best to just come to work every day and support the loyal team of individuals I have around me to the best of my ability no matter what the task is.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
The best advice I can give is to not look too far into the future. Enjoy the present and focus on the tasks in front of you that you can have an affect on today.

Divisional Spotlight - Correctional Field Training
  • What is Correctional Field Training?
    CFT is the DOC’s field training team that is responsible for training our officers here at the DOC. CFT trains our newest Correctional Trainee’s all the way through to Correctional Officer III. Each training is different and unique in their own ways. Almost all of our training is situational and designed to prevent or counter situations from escalating.

What is Correctional Field Training like?
    The instructor-in-training is first shadowed by a senior instructor or a member of CFT command, they then teach the officers involved in the training what it's about and the rules of the training. Once they have instructed the officers on what to do, the training begins. The shadowing officer watches and follows the instructor-in-training
    Sergeant Jimmithy Jemima, Chief Instructor wrote:
    Sergeant Jimmithy Jemima
    The Correctional Field Training Division plays a vital role in enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of the San Andreas Department of Corrections. Through its rigorous and comprehensive training programs, the Division ensures that correctional officers are well-prepared to face the complex and demanding challenges of their profession.

The Correctional Field Training Division provides new recruits with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their roles as Correctional Officers, as well as offers ongoing training and development opportunities for current officers to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies. This training not only helps to ensure the safety of correctional officers and inmates but also promotes professionalism, ethics, and integrity in the workplace.

Furthermore, the Correctional Field Training Division also helps to build a strong organizational culture within the San Andreas Department of Corrections by fostering teamwork, communication, and mutual respect among officers. By investing in the development of its officers, the Division helps to create a more effective and efficient correctional system that benefits both staff and inmates alike.
Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two people meeting with an inmate
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Vladislav Bringer

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Cause it’s fun.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • The showers.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • The showers or dropping the soap in the showers, to be more specific.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • The soap bars, they’re slippery.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Make a ring and let prisoners 1v1 to calm them down.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Allegedly killing some people.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • Boredom.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • No

Special Award
    Warden's Medal of Honor
        The highest possible honor a correctional officer can acquire. This ribbon is given to an officer of the Department of Corrections who has gone above and beyond in the line of duty and put others' needs before their own.

Katie Schneider joined the San Andreas Department of Corrections on May 10th 2021. During her time here he was she was the Employee of the Month both in July of 2021 and November of 2021. She joined the Supervisor team, being promoted to Corporal on August 6th 2021. In October of 2021, due to her hard work within the division she was promoted to Head of Human Recourses. On November 28th 2021 she joined the Command team, being promoted to Captain and on April 1st 2022 she joined the High Command team, being promoted to Assistant Warden. She was then promoted to Deputy Warden on September 2nd 2022.
          Katie Schneider wrote:Obviously it's an honor to receive this reward from Kourtney LaFleur the warden, we have been working for two years now. I enjoy every single day with Kourtney, she taught me a lot during my career . Overall I look forward to continuing working with Kourtney everyday. I am extremely grateful for this reward.
          Kourtney LaFleur wrote:Katie has been working at SADOC almost two years now and there is no one more deserving of this Ribbon. Katie took over the Human Resources department when I joined High Command in late 2021 and led it ever since, calling it her child. She has maintained this division over the last year and developed it. She has gone out of her way to be an outstanding Correctional Officer and Deputy Warden in all regards.
          Special Award
            Warden's Exemplary Service Award
                Awarded by the Warden to an employee of LSPD/LSSD/LSEMS/SASG/SAJB who have gone above and beyond in assisting the SADOC.

Emily Whitehorse is one of those names that you may have heard of if you work in Los Santos, she started off working as an intern at Weazel News in May of 2021, she then joined the San Andreas State Government as an Intern in the Business Licensing Bureau July of 2021, later on in the month she was appointed as the "Interim Director of the Business Licensing Bureau", Emily then went on to progress through the State Government earning the trust of the Governors, by leading the Law Review Committee to its first election and the signing of the Constitution. Emily joined the San Andreas Department of Corrections on March 5th 2023. During her time here she has been amazing in her duties as one of our Correctional Custodian Officers, she has helped out where she can, and was amazing in assisting the San Andreas Department of Corrections during her time as Interim Assistant Governor, we can not thank Miss. Whitehorse enough and we cant wait to see what her next steps are in the department.
                    Emily Whitehorse wrote:
                    It is truly an honor to receive such a prestigious award from such a distinguished individual as Warden Kourtney Lafleur. Throughout my tenure as a government director and brief role as Interim Assistant Governor, my priority has always been to ensure all departments are functioning at their best, and ensuring that the San Andreas State Government can assist our agencies where needed.

Partially as to why I have been working as a Correctional Custodian Officer has been to better expand my understanding of the Department of Corrections from the inside so that when making policy decisions that affect the Department of Corrections, I am making those decisions with a better understanding of what effects those choices will have on the department. (A position I hope to see other departments consider implementing.)

I am eternally grateful to all those whom continue to support my work in the department, and while I may not see myself as warden material, hope I to continue to be seen as a friendly face that is approachable to assist both within the Department of Corrections, and any external affirms employees may have.
                    Kourtney LaFleur wrote:
                    I decided to award Miss Whitehorse this ribbon due to the amazing work she did during her time as Interim Governor. We had a very busy week of complaints, requests and strange requests. She did an amazing job attending all our meetings and requests, especially in the case when one of our officers was charged.
                    Miss Whitehorse went above and beyond the line of duty assisting the department during her tenure as Interim Governor and for that myself and the department are truly grateful.
                    Employee Adjustments
                    • ImageCommanderImageAssistant Warden
                      • #735 Adam Payne
                      • #760 Issei Schneider
                    • ImageCaptainImageCommander
                      • #431 Yuki Nakamura
                      • #738 Maximillian Speed
                    • ImageLieutenantImageCaptain
                      • #771 Rock Paz
                      • #921 Ava Sullivan
                    • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
                      • #835 Galileo Czapiewski
                      • #838 Jimmithy Jemima
                    • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
                      • #888 Julia Chedhamenou
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
                      • #891 Jack Goodnight
                      • #795 Andrew Bryant
                      • #909 Blinky Williams
                      • #871 Randy Lee
                      • #907 Leo Alexander
                      • #945 Payton Axford (Transfer) ((OOC Reinstatement))
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
                      • #912 Jemma Smith
                      • #910 Massimo Mascardotti
                      • #913 Norman Boreman
                      • #914 Oliver Dutch
                      • #925 Gina Willow
                      • #911 Luke Eriksen
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
                      • #917 Martin Murtaugh
                      • #923 Carlin Wednesday
                      • #930 Alex Pedolski
                      • #785 Matteus Speed
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                      • #269 Wesley Carter
                      • #561 Danielle Young
                      • #936 Jordan Rezmy
                      • #939 Brandon Wood
                      • #937 Quandale Bingus
                      • #942 Tommy Cole
                      • #941 Benjamin Briggs
                      • #935 Charles Swift
                      • #901 Phillip Stephens
                      • #946 Mckenzie Myers (Transfer) ((OOC Reinstatement))

• REINSTATEMENTS
                      This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageSenior Correctional Officer
                      • #804 Ace Dawson
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
                      • #708 Mia Adams
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer II
                      • #873 Randy Carnage
                      • #751 John Tegans
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                      • #780 Maxie Speed
                      • #869 Alia Jet
                    • ImageCorrectional Trainee
                      • #860 Pierce Carter
                      • #901 Phillip Stephens
                    Correctional Officer Spotlight

This month, we selected Mr Frank Haswell for our Correctional Officer Spotlight. Mr Has well recently joined the DOC as a CCO an ever since he joined he has done whatever he can to help out around the DOC, whether it be at the front desk or around the prison.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
                        I've only been working for a short amount of time so far, but my most memorable moment so far is my first "Arrest" so to speak. I detained someone for trying to steal a Government Security Vehicle from the parking lot.
                        Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
                        Hopefully, at CO2 or 3, and my off-shift businesses being prosperous
                        What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
                        So far, in contrast to what I was doing before SADOC? Not getting shot at is a massive improvement.
                      Phone Calls
                          When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                          Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
                            Promotions
                            Demotions
                            Suspensions
                            Resignations
                            Terminations

Recruitment
                            Total Applications
                            Accepted
                            Denied
                            Pending
                            Reinstatements
                            Withdrawn
                            Number of Academies
                            New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
                            Total Trainings completed
                            Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
                            Total Requests
                            Tours Conducted
                          • Duty Reports
                            Processing
                            Code 1s
                            Force 6
                            Solitary
                            Duty Reports
                          Recruitment Status
                          Recruitment
                           ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                          Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                          • Age: Must be over the age of 18 and no older than 55.
                            • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                          • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                            • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
                          • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                          • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
                          • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                            • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                          • Additional Requirements:
                            • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                            • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                            • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                            • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                          Closing Message from the Warden
                          And that ends our March Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                          March was a very busy 31 days that felt far longer. My personal highlights was the April Fools meeting on April 1st where every member of Command received a promotion and we looked back at the last year.
                          We already reached the most employees we've ever had, 66, during March and we're only a few months away from hitting badge number 1000 which is an insane feat.
                          March has made me reflect on my tenure as Warden, looking at two new members of High Command that have worked their way up since I was appointed Warden.
                          Although I said it yesterday during our April Fools meeting I'll repeat it here: "If there’s one thing I learnt from the movie night (besides Woody Harrelson being a dilf), its you need to enjoy the little things. While we might not be the department with the flashiest cars, the best uniforms, we have something that other departments will never have, a sense of family."
                          I look forward to seeing what April has to offer!
                          Kourtney Lafleur
                          Warden
                          San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Jimmithy Jemima
                          Sergeant

[email protected]

Ava Sullivan
                            Captain, Editor-In-Chief