Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2023

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - March 2023

Post by Amelia Clark »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    This month has been a rather eventful month for the Sheriff's Department. While the county has been rather quiet, our deputies have paid close attention to ensure that all members of the county are safe and secure. We've seen a considerable increase in street racing and violent crime within the county and as such, our deputies have worked to take up new tactics to put these criminals behind bars.

Additionally, I'd like to wish a happy easter to those who celebrate, I know that personally, I will be spending time with family and friends in tradition with the season. For those that do not celebrate, we'd like to wish a happy April to you and we hope that the oncoming rain will bring us beautiful flowers in May.

While this month was somewhat quiet, I'd like to ensure members of the public that we are still just as ever dedicated to serving our county. We will always be working around the clock to ensure the county is safe and clear of any criminals that would wish harm upon the citizens. God bless.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    -
    -
    -
    -
DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Master Deputy Marco Rivera
    Master Deputy graduated from his academy on August 30th, 2022. During his time within the department, he has quickly risen through the ranks and is a well-trusted and dedicated Deputy. Deputy Rivera found his home within the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau and has successfully joined the Investigator Training Program. As an acknowledgment of his service and dedication, he has been awarded Deputy of the Month, should you see him while he's clocked in, make sure to give him a big congratulations.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I signed my employment contract on the 30th of August, 2022. Around eight months ago.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    One aspect that stands out as my favorite as a member of the Sheriff's Department is the camaraderie and familial atmosphere among colleagues. It's remarkable how everyone treats each other with respect and kindness like we're all part of a tight-knit family, and the more time we spend with each other, the stronger this connection gets.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    Although it's difficult to choose a single favorite moment, there is one that stands out to me. During my interview to join the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau, I promised Commander Luka Roselli that if accepted into the Bureau, my main goal would be to make him proud of what I would accomplish. The interview was a few months ago, and since then, I have gotten accepted into SIB. Now doing my Investigator Training, I've experienced nothing but success in my SIB career. I still remind Commander Roselli of that promise to this day. It's something to remember.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    As a law enforcement officer, what truly drew me to this line of work is the rush of excitement with every call we respond to. Each situation is unique and can present a thousand different scenarios, and it's up to us to handle them with precision and professionalism. The adrenaline rushes through my veins as I prepare to enter an unknown and potentially dangerous situation that is indescribable. It's what keeps me coming back day after day, knowing that no two days will ever be the same.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is achieving justice for those who have been wronged. This feeling is unparalleled and can manifest in a variety of situations, from recovering a stolen car to apprehending a robber. The sense of fulfillment that comes from seeing someone who has been victimized and feeling empowered and grateful for your assistance is truly priceless. Witnessing their gratitude, expressed through a simple thank you or a smile, reminds us of our work's impact on people's lives.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    Major Crimes Investigator, Vice.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    My ultimate pastime is socializing outside of my workplace. I relish attending various social events and parties throughout the city, with my personal preference being car shows and legal drag racing events.

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

• HIGHWAY ENFORCEMENT DIVSION

The Highway Enforcement Division was founded in the middle of fall 2020 by now Assistant Sheriff M. Davis and lies under Patrol Operations within the Sheriff’s Department's internal structure. Today, the division is overseen by Commanding Officer Captain Christopher Porter and Assistant Commanding Officer Senior Agent Trent Williams.

The main focus of the Highway Enforcement Division is to keep all traffic coming in, inside, and leaving the county safe. When thinking about the highway, many individuals think about the cruisers in active speed traps. Still, there are many more ways of spreading awareness and safety. Communication with individuals, spreading information, enforcing road laws, checking vehicles for roadworthiness, and conducting improv checkpoints.

Plenty of deputies join the Highway Enforcement Division as their first division to train their initial skills and are specialized in pursuit operations, vehicle conduct, and general road safety.

As a member of the public, there are several things you can do to raise the general safety of yourself and others around you. Do not drive over the set speed limit, but also do not operate your vehicle severely under the limit. Do not consume alcohol or other narcotic substances before driving, and make sure the driver of the vehicle you are in are also free from any substances.

-
DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Master Deputy Sean Payne
    Sean Payne transferred from the Los Santos Police Department on the 7th of October, 2022. He is currently holding the rank of Master Deputy and is working hard every day to keep the county safe. He is active in the Field Training Division, where he is tasked with training trainees and supporting them up to their final evaluation. Below you will find responses to a few questions we asked Master Deputy Payne.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 7th of October, 2022.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a Deputy within the LSSD is knowing that I am keeping the people of Los Santos safe from criminal activity, most importantly Gang Violence and other gang-related crimes, and knowing that violent gang members are served justice.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    Although I do not have one memorable moment, I do remember my promotion to Master Deputy, knowing I reached the top rank before becoming part of the supervisory. Knowing that all my time and effort had not gone to waste was satisfying, and I do not intend to slow this down.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I wanted a change in career path, I was originally a Commander in the Department Of Correction, and after one year, I felt that it was time for a change of scenery. I then decided to join the Los Santos Sheriff's Department because it was the other side of the DOC and catching criminals rather than looking after them. I overall wanted to be able to crack down on crimes, specifically gang violence and other gang-related crimes.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The most satisfying feeling about being a deputy is seeing the fruits of your work pay off and also knowing that what you are doing is keeping the citizens of Blaine County safe. When I actively get noticed by the citizens of Los Santos, and they thank me for my service, nothing can be more satisfying.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    Hopefully, I would see myself climbing up further the Ranks within the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau, being a part of the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau unit as an investigator I. This way, I can expand upon my work and venture into new branches and avenues of the Bureau.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I like to drive sports cars, off-road cars, and supercars on rare occasions. Apart from this, I have a social life outside work and attend many friend-related events.
    -
PROMOTIONS

• Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Luka Rosselli
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Jett Jones
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Bert Martin
    • Peter Stanford
    • Amelia Clark
    • Aaron Marks
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Investigator I
    • Austin Thieman
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Hugo Hernandez
    • Marco Rivera
    • Dave Spencer
    • Louise Hoffman
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Alester Carter
    • Niko Reggal
    • Jordan Smoke
    • Robert Ledger
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Chrisy Fegan
    • George Fern
    • Gary Sanderson
    • Jamie Snow
    • Violet Wilson
    • Heath Tegans
    • Jamie Monopoly
    • Marc Ericsson (Transfer)
    • Greg Devine (Reinstatement)
    • Anthony Gray (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Franco Morelli
    • Tj Sanders
    • Jacob Weaver
    • Blake Walsh

-
MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • If you were stranded on an island, what three items would you want to have with you? and why?
Captain Joe Olson wrote: A Satellite phone to ask for help no matter where I am.
Field rations to keep me fed and healthy while waiting.
A tablet device with a lot of pre-downloaded movies to watch while waiting.
Corporal Jett Jones wrote: I would bring a knife, matches, and a satellite phone. Knives are a good tool for any purpose like hunting, crafting, etc. I don't know how to start a fire like Bear Grylls so I would need some matches to cook food and for warmth. Fires are also a great way to catch attention to increase my likely hood of making it off the island. A satellite phone so I can call in to work and not get an inactivity notice!
Agent Aaron Marks wrote: A knife, both for practicality and because I'm British so... No brainer really.
A pot/pan of some sort to cook in and boil water to survive.
A flare gun, incase of passing boats or aircraft.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE
  • We want to thank you for taking the time to read this month's newsletter. During March 2023, the Sheriff's Information Division has undergone renovations. We are finalizing the last few changes before looking at new and exciting ways of community relations and internal procedures. If you have any questions about our operations or the Sheriff's Department, please stop by Paleto Bay Station for a chat! At this writing moment, our recruitment is currently closed, but it will open up soon. Head to the Job Opportunities section on our public database and read more.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Agent Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division
Commanding Officer, Field Training Division
Head Instructor, Advanced Training Division