Defendant Address: N/A
(( Defendant Discord: harv#3886 ))
Requested Attorney: N/A
Charging Department: Sheriff's Department
Date & Time of Incident(s): 28/March/2023 - Around 06:30 PM
Charge(s):
  • Hit & Run
Narrative:
I was driving up north in Paleto as I needed some fresh air - I went down by Senora Fwy and started to get followed by an unmarked Police Jugular. The Police vehicle followed me for roughly 5 minutes until they decided to pull me over. I pulled over on the highway by Del Perro and then this officer in plain clothes started accusing me of running someone over in Paleto and then fleeing the scene. I told him I didn't run anyone over and that I'm a legal civilian. He keeps pushing and sticking nonfactual claims on me, saying I did run someone over. I then get told to step out of the vehicle and get placed in cuffs. They checked my car, which was an Elegy RH8, and then they asked me why is it all scratched up and why there are bloodstains on the hood of the vehicle. I inform them that this blood is there because a dog jumped off a building and landed on my car, leaving bloodstains and dents on the vehicle. Without any explanation, I get charged with Hit and Run and transported to jail. On top of that, this traffic stop was unlawful. They did not have any probable cause to pull me out of the car and put me in cuffs, let alone search my vehicle and impound it.

I, Hailey Davis, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Hailey Davis

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Hailey Davis

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 30th of March, 2023

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on 31 March, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Chief Justice
(909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Blake Eli
ECRP Forum Name: Eli Blake

LSEMS Awards

Post by Blake Eli »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 6th of April, 2023.

I, Blake Eli, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Hailey Davis

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Defense Attorney
(909) 323-9861 — [email protected]
Greg Kumerow
ECRP Forum Name: Doctor_Diddler

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 11th of April, 2023

I, Greg Kumerow, a Prosecuting attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas vs. Name in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 219-6537 — [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: McFornell

SAJB Awards

Post by Antonio McFornell »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 8th of May, 2023.

I, Tony McFornell, a Prosecuting Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel in replacement of Attorney General Roderick Marchisio and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Deputy Attorney General
(909) 553-8869 — [email protected]
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Chairman of the Bar Ethics Review Board
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Code of Ethics | Bar Licensing Office | Become an Attorney
State Constitution | Penal Code
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0054, State of San Andreas v. Hailey Davis

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0054

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on the 30th day of May, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Hailey Davis is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0054.

At this time the State has adequate representation, however, the Defendant is still seeking representation. At this time the court will delay the Order for Discovery until adequate representation has been assigned and they inform the court they are ready to proceed.

Chief Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Ruwin Korbel
ECRP Forum Name: Ruwin Korbel

SAJB Awards

Post by Ruwin Korbel »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 1st of June, 2023

I, Ruwin Korbel, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Hailey Davis in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Ruwin "Quiet" Korbel
Public Defence Attourney
(909) 556-2848 — [email protected][/list]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0054

A court order was entered in the above case on the 3rd day of June, 2023.

The case of #23-CM-0054, State of San Andreas v. Hailey Davis is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Chief Justice
Lisa Winter
Lead Paramedic
ECRP Forum Name: Lisa Winters

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 4th of June, 2023

I, Lisa Winter, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant(s), Hailey Davis in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 233-5420 — [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0054

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 9th of June, 2023

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

Exhibit #1:
Type of Discovery: Arrest report
  • Physical evidence
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In the arrest report, we can see Mrs. Davis was arrested in suspicion with a hit and run that was called out over the radio
    ARREST REPORT
    MUGSHOT
    SUSPECT 1 DETAILS

• Full Name: Hailey Davis
      Telephone Number: 4651236
      Licenses Revoked: No
      Charges:
      • VM07 - Hit and Run

How did the suspect plea to the above charges?
      Suspect pleaded not guilty to all charges.
      Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :

VEHICLES INVOLVED
    • Vehicle A:

DEPUTY DETAILS
    • Full Name: Marco Rivera
      Badge Number: 14964
      Callsign: 3-X-31

INCIDENT DETAILS
    • Date of Arrest: 2023-03-28
      Deputies Involved: Sheriff Payne, Investigator Oscar Black, Staff Srg Steven Lee.

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
      • Mrs Davis was pulled over in regards to a call made on our radio frequency in regards to a hit and run, the vehicle description was given and shortly after it was found in the city and pulled over by Sheriff Payne. After further inspection, the vehicle's front bumper had signs of impact and splashed blood on it and after further investigation Mrs Davis was charged with hit and run.

EVIDENCE DETAILS
    • Exhibit A:

ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE

Exhibit #2:
Type of Discovery: Impound report
  • Physical evidence
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery The impound report shows the vehicle in question. Note that the report states the hood was damaged and covered in blood.
Impound Report
Steven Lee wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:49 pm Image
IMPOUND REPORT

• DEPUTY DETAILS
    • Full Name: Steven Lee
      Badge Number: 19377
      Callsign: OMEGA-5-1
    VEHICLE DETAILS
    • Vehicle Model: Elegy RH8
      Vehicle Color: Red
      License Plate: YCS6B8BE
      Vehicle Owner: Hailey Davis
      Miscelleanous Details: There was blood on the hood of the vehicle and as well it was bent.
    IMPOUND DETAILS
    • Date and Time: 28/03/2023 18:50:00
      Brief Statement of Impounding Reason: Mrs. Hailey Davis was arrested for VM07 - Hit and Run.
      Deputies Involved: Oscar Black
      Documented Evidence:

Exhibit #3:
Type of Discovery: Witness statement
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In this witness statement, Investigator Black describes the process by which they arrested Mrs. Davis, including receiving a matching description, license plate, and consistent details.

Official Witness Statement
    "HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
    Case Information
    • Case Number: [Case Number]
      Incident Date: [28/MAR/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Oscar Black]
      Date of Birth: [12/MAY/1995]
      Phone Number: Redacted upon request
      Occupation: [Sheriff's Deputy, Los Santos Sheriff's Department]
    Witness Statement
    • [On the 28th March, during mid-day, dispatch released a 911 call about someone who had been hit by a car and later fell injured along Senora Fwy. A few units responded to the call and were met with an injured individual in the middle of the Fwy, vulnerable to any oncoming traffic. Both Monopoly's were on scene, treating the injured whilst also gathering information needed to try and find this perpetrator. We were given the description of a Red Elegy RH8 with a Black Spoiler. Undersheriff Payne was southbound on Senora Fwy, currently occupied in a speed trap, hearing this on the radio, he found the car that matched the description and chased after it. Undersheriff Payne didn't pull the vehicle over immediately but waited for a more clear description before eventually pulling it over on Del Perro Fwy, near the Movie Studio. Units arrived at Undersheriff Payne's back up and began to assist with the traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle was detained for the time being for the investigation. We confirmed it was the same vehicle due to the victim of the hit & run giving us the full license plate, what the occupant looked like, and some other details such as blood being on the car, and the tire tracks matching from the wheel of the car, and what was left on the victim's body as a result of being run over.

I reached out to the LSEMS via Department Radio, asking if they have any forensic units on duty so we could test the blood from the hood of the car, and from the victim to see if it matches. However, there weren't any forensic units so we had to go off what we currently had. All in all, we believed we had enough to charge this individual for many reasons. Firstly, the car description we had was a match, we were given the exact description, the same license plate, and the same little details as the spoiler. We were also told a female was operating the vehicle. When the call was released, and when units arrived to gather a description, Undersheriff Payne had come across the vehicle and begun to tail it before gathering more information. There was blood on the vehicle of the car, and when asked what it was from, they didn't state from where, but instead began to get angry and agitated.

Myself & Staff Sergeant Lee impounded the vehicle after Undersheriff Payne placed the charge of VM07 - Hit and Run. Master Deputy Rivera transported the 10-15 to Mission Row as it was a misdemeanor. The vehicle was regularly impounded, and the impound report can be found here; Impound Report.]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Oscar Black], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Oscar Black]
      [Investigator II]
      [Los Santos Sheriff's Department]

Date: [29/MAR/2023]
Exhibit #4:
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In this witness statement, deputy Rivera affirms that the victim of the hit and run gave an exact plate match and a general vehicle description consistent with the defendant's car and physical description. It also explains that Deputy Rivera personally inspected the vehicle and found signs of that Mrs. Davis had hit something and that her explanation was that her dog fell from the roof onto her car.

Case Information
    • Case Number: [N/A]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Marco Rivera]
      Date of Birth: [15/09/1997]
      Phone Number: [237-1131]
      Occupation: [Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, South Patrol Division, Master Deputy.]
    Witness Statement
      • As far as I can remember, I was not on shift when the incident occurred. I clocked on just when Sheriff Payne was asking for assistance on a 10-55 on the vehicle that was just reported for hit and run. That was determined according to the victim's statement about the car description and providing the exact plate number. As I arrived, Sheriff Payne was already talking with the victim and upon approaching the vehicle I began inspecting the vehicle's front bumper for any signs of impact/splashed blood. Signs of impact were found on the front bumper of the vehicle along with splashes of blood that are pretty recent. Upon confronting the driver & owner of the vehicle, they denied and stated the following ''my dog fell from the roof on my car'' explaining the impact signs and the blood on the vehicle.
        Exhibit A: The vehicle used in the crime, pictures were taken before the vehicle was impounded.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Marco Rivera], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Marco Rivera]
      [Master Deputy]
      [Los Santos County Sheriff's Department]

Date: [30/MAR/2023]
    [/quote]

Exhibit #5:
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In this witness statement, Sergeant Lee explains his (limited) involvement, including impounding the vehicle and noticing the bent hood/blood on said hood.
  • Witness statement

Case Information
      Incident Date: [01/JAN/2000]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Steven Lee]
      Date of Birth: [25/AUG/1993]
      Phone Number: Redacted upon request
      Occupation: [Sheriff's Deputy, Los Santos Sheriff's Department]
    Witness Statement
    • [On March 28th around evening, a 911 call was placed that a civilian has been run over by a vehicle and fell injured somewhere around Senora Fwy. As units were responding to the call, deputies Jamie and Obelix Monopoly got to the scene faster and started an investigation. Treating the civilian, they provided us with information that it was a full red Elegy RH8 with a black spoiler. Undersheriff H. Payne was somewhere southbound on Senora Fwy. conducting a speed trap when he heard the description of the fleeing Elegy. During this, I was beginning to work on a SIB case file, since I assumed that we wouldn't get anything out of this, apart from a BOLO being placed.

As I resumed working on the case file, I looked around myself and noticed that we were pulling up to a traffic stop of a red Elegy RH8 with a black spoiler. I don't remember what exactly I asked Investigator II O. Black, so I just resumed working on the case file. After some time, I looked up again, and noticed the driver of the Elegy RH8 was outside their vehicle being talked to by Master Deputy M. Rivera, Undersheriff H. Payne and Investigator II O. Black. Since it was calm, I decided to put my laptop down and step out of our cruiser. I needed to find some more details for the SIB case file, thus I took out my phone and started browsing the government website for additional details, when I noticed that Mrs. Davis was placed in cuffs and in the back of Master Deputies M. Riveras cruiser.

As I continued working on the phone, Investigator II O. Black called out my name, and told me to impound the vehicle. Once I drove the vehicle to Davis impound and was about to impound it, I noticed that there were blood stains on the bent hood. The impound report can be found here.

((All in all, I was really tabbed out throughout the majority of the interaction since I was writing some stuff for an SIB case file on the forums.))
      ]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Steven Lee], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Steven Lee]
      [Staff Sergeant]
      [Los Santos Sheriff's Department]

Date: [29/MAR/2023]

Exhibit #6:
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In this witness statement, sheriff Payne explains that he caught the red elegy in a speed trap as well as noticing blood and a dented hood. He also notes that Mrs. Davis explained her dog fell off a tall building onto it to produce the damage.
  • Harry Payne wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:10 pm Image

Case Information
      Incident Date: [28/Mar/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Harry Payne]
      Date of Birth: [10/feb/1987]
      Phone Number: [2576981]
    Witness Statement
    • [I had a call come over the radio from the Manolopy's that a hit and run had occoured and to be on the lookout for a red Elegy RH8, about 20 seconds after said radio call come in a red Elegy RH8 passed by me on Senora freeway, I followed this vehicle and called on the radio to get the license plate of the vehicle that performed the hit and run. eventually the deputy relayed the plate over of the car and it just so happened to be the red Elegy infront of me, I lit him up with lights and sirens where the suspect pulled over. I instructed them to turn their engine off and remain seated in the car with the megaphone and I called for backup. Investigator Black, staff sergeant Lee and investigater Riviera arrived on scene whilst i was speaking with the woman driver. I looked around her car and found there to be damage along with glood spatters on the bonnet. When we asked her where the blood splats come from she said and I quote "My dog fell off a tall building and landed on the bonnet" to which this is a blatent lie. she was then placed in cuffs, ID'd, read rights and arrested as we believe there being enough evidence what with the exact numberplate, exact car, exact description of the individual and the damage on the vehicle.]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Harry Payne], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

H. Payne

[Harry Payne]
      [Undersheriff]
      [Los Santos Sheriff Department]

Date: [29/03/2023]

Exhibit #7:
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In his witness statement, deputy Monopoly explains that he responded to the original 9/11 of a hit and run and that the victim was able to give an exact match to Mrs. Davis's car.
  • Obelix Monopoly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:33 pm Image

Case Information
      Incident Date: [28/march/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Obelix Monopoly]
      Date of Birth: [05 november 2023]
      Phone Number: [411-9011]
    Witness Statement
    • Can you please provide a detailed and factual timeline of events leading up to you responding to the individual that was allegedly struck by "Hailey Davis". Please ensure the timeline answers the following questions:

I was patrolling the Grapeseed area with my partner Jamie Monopoly.
      When we got a call about a hit and run by Donald Clark. We rushed to the scene of the call because the suspect also informed us that he was injured on the ground. Once we arrived on scene we where able to give BLS to the victim he had multiple bruises and a tire mark across his chest. Once we where done with the BLS we questioned the man he was able to recall the license plate of the car that hit him YCS6B8BE. Luckily Sheriff Harry Payne was driving behind this individual he was able to pull him over. We where on our way to the scene when a deputy called over the radio asking us to collect a blood sample of the victim. We where still close by to the hospital and where able to track the suspect down. And collect a small vail of blood from him using a needle. We then headed towards the scene of the arrest. With a blood vail of the hit and run victim. Once we arrived on scene the suspect was already in a deputies car and charged with VM07. We asked the deputies if they still needed the vail of blood for testing.
      They told us they didn’t have any need for it and that they already found the suspect guilty of the hit and run. The suspect was then transported to DOC to serve her sentence.
      • What caused you to find the injured individual?
      We got a 911 call about an hit and run and the person being injured.
      • What was the name of the injured individual?
      Donald Clark
      • Where did the hit & run take place?
      Behind Paleto bay clothing store
      • Were you able to confirm that "Hailey Davis" had commited the alleged hit & run?
      I wasn’t part of the arrest itself. I was tasked with collecting a blood of vail. and earlier we took a statement from the witness where he told us the License plate of the car that hit him.
      Please provide any footage that you may have. ((Audio video artefacts or /do statements))
      Please find attached my bodycam footage of the incident.
      (( https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png
      https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png
      https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... mage-1.png ))
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Obelix Monopoly, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Obelix Monopoly
      Deputy Sheriff II
      LSSD

Date: [30/MARCH/2023]

Exhibit #8:
  • Witness statement
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery In his witness statement, Deputy Jamie Monopoly explains that they took the vial of blood from the wounded man as well as receiving an exact license plate and description of the suspect.
  • Jamie Monopoly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:30 pm Image

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Jamie Monopoly]
      Date of Birth: [29/MAR/1994]
      Phone Number: [2684982]
    Witness Statement
    • The situation started with us receiving a 911 call about a man who had just been ran over "Donald Clark", since we "Obelix Monopoly, and I" were closeby near grapeseed we headed over to the location of the 911 caller. We arrived on the location "behind the clothing store in Paleto", were we found an injured man. We immediatly took out a BLS kit and provided treatment to the man. Upon inspecting him he had tire marks on his body, and a bruise on his head. So we deducted that the man indeed had been ran over, and it must have been behind the clothing store where had been hit. We asked him if he could remember the license plate of the vehicle that had hit him after we treated him succesfully. The license plate he told us was "YCS6B8BE" and that it was a woman driving in a red vehicle. A couple of minutes later we heard on the radio from another deputy that they had the vehicle pulled over. They asked us if we could provide them with a vial of blood from the injured man, since the victim had been treated by the hospital nearby we chased the victim down to find him and get a vial of blood. The man consented to us taking his blood, and we then wrapped it in an icepack and stored it in the glovebox of our cruiser. We drove to the location where the suspect was being arrested in Los Santos, we asked if they still needed the vial of blood but that was not needed according to the deputies on scene since they had already found the suspect guilty of "hit and run". I believe that the vial of blood would have been essential to prove the guiltyness of the suspect in this case, even though the bumper of the vehicle was dented and had blood on it already also confirming our suspisions.

During this entire situation I had my bodycam on:
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Jamie Monopoly, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Jamie Monopoly
      Deputy Sheriff II
      LSSD

Date: [30/MAR/2023]
Exhibit #8:
Type of Discovery: bodycam footage
  • Digital evidence
Spoiler
All Information from the Discovery A snippet of bodycam that shows that the hood, the front of the hood, was damaged, and had blood on it.

Prosecuting Attorney
Deputy Attorney General
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

MOTION TO AMEND

#23-CM-0054

A Motion to Amend was filed in the above case on the 9th of June, 2023

The State of San Andreas, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Amend, the original charges with the underlined amended charges.

• Original Charges
    • VM07 - Hit and Run

• Amended Charges
    • VM07 - Hit and Run
    • GF24 - Perjury

• Detailed Explanation: The defendant has claimed that they ran over a dog and that was the reason behind the blood being found on the vehicle, among with the dents. However, the evidence and statements gathered by the prosecution lead us to believe the defendant is attempting to mislead those with access to this docket with false statements.

Deputy Attorney General
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Training & Hiring Staff

Commend & Complain
Greg Kumerow

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

#23-CM-0054

A Motion for Summary Judgement was filed in the above case on the 11th of June, 2023

The State of San Andreas, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Summary Judgement, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Totality of the evidence
    • Detailed Explanation: Per exhibit 8, we have a victim of a hit and run who survived, albeit with a tire track across the face. We know this happened in Paleto, was responded to by the Sheriff's department, and that the victim gave a description of the vehicle (down to the license plate) as well as the driver.

The victim gave the license plate to the deputies and the very same vehicle was found "20 seconds later" per exhibit 6, and was detained. When the license plate was relayed, the defendant was arrested from inside. Now keep in mind her official narrative. She states she was driving in Paleto for some fresh air and went down via Senora freeway, which matches exhibit 6. At no point is anyone else mentioned. Keep that in mind.

The elegy belongs to the defendant, so its owner is not under question. She was driving the car when she was arrested. It had blood on the hood, and the driver claims that a dog fell on it. I don't know the last time you went into Paleto, but there is approximately one building with unsecured roof access and it's the building next to the hospital, which is locked behind a closed gate. Furthermore, dogs have a sense of self-preservation in that they try to stay alive. The idea that a dog got up there and jumped off is absurd. Furthermore, the victim was able to identify the vehicle that hit him with perfect detail, so we can reasonably say that it was the same car that hit him and dismiss this notion that any dog fell on her car.

By virtue of her own testimony, there is no possible way to form a reasonable doubt. She claims she was driving in Paleto, and went south towards Senora freeway. As evidenced earlier, there is no way a dog fell on her car in Paleto. We know the car she was driving is the one that hit the victim. We know that Sheriff Payne passed the vehicle on Senora freeway shortly afterwards and followed it. We know that he spotted her about 20 seconds to about 2 minutes or so after the call on the radio, which is roughly the time it takes to get from Paleto to Senora freeway.

Her testimony reiterates the dog claims and makes no mention of the hit and run that we're reasonably sure her car was involved in, which someone matching her description was driving. If she changes her statement, she's perjuring herself regardless because a lie by omission is still is a lie, and the claims of a dog are lies regardless, for obvious reasons.

Senior Prosecuting Attorney

Deputy Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

To be clear, with the Order for Discovery having expired on the 10th of June, the defense's window to submit motions in response is set to conclude today on the 13th of June at 8:25pm.

As I understand it, primary counsel for the defense is currently on an approved Leave of Absence until the 14th of this month - at this point in time, does the defense require a continuance? If not then I would ask the defense to provide any response to the Motion for Summary Judgment should they wish to provide one.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Lisa Winter
Lead Paramedic

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

#23-CM-0054

A Motion for Continuance was filed in the above case on the 13th of June, 2023.

The Defendant, Hailey Davis, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Continuance, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Primary Counsel is on LOA
    • Detailed Explanation: The defense is requesting a continuance of Four Days So that we may have time to discuss the case with Primary counsel when they have returned from LOA.

Public Defense Attorney
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0054

A decision was reached in the above case on the 13th day of June, 2023.

The Motion for Continuance is granted due to the primary counsel's approved Leave of Absence, now setting the next deadline to be the 17th of June.

Associate Justice
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 15th of June, 2023.

I, Cyrus Raven, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch will be representing the Defendant, Hailey Davis in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel while Attorney Korbel is on her LOA which has been extended.

Cyrus Raven
Chief Public Defender
San Andreas Judicial Branch - Command
5356160 — [email protected]
Lisa Winter
Lead Paramedic

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

MOTION FOR INVOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

#23-CM-0054

A Motion for Involuntary Dismissal was filed in the above case on the 15th of June 2023

The Defendant, Hailey Davis, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Involuntary Dismissal, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: No Contact
    • Detailed Explanation: The defense is unable to get into contact with the defendant ((Also unable to contact OOCLY))

Public Defense Attorney
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

The court notes the Motion for Involuntary Dismissal submitted by the defense, however, recognizes the Motion to Amend previously filed by the prosecution to include a charge of GF24 - Perjury.

Would the prosecution like to provide comment on the Motion for Involuntary Dismissal? Should the prosecution be favorable to dismissal, the GF24 - Perjury charge would be withdrawn and the VM07 - Hit and Run charge would remain intact upon dismissal of the case.

If the prosecution is unwilling to drop the GF24 - Perjury charge, then this case will be moving forward despite the defendant's inability to contact the court as an additional charge has been levied against them. The court would then ask the defense to provide comment on the Motion for Summary Judgment.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Greg Kumerow

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

Personal Email

• Honorable Mason,

The prosecution has one comment; namely that this should be a motion for voluntary dismissal as the defense cannot reach their client and thus is voluntarily retracting their contention rather than forcing the prosecution to do so. However, this is likely a mistake and the prosecution has no problem retracting the perjury charge in the spirit of a voluntary dismissal.

In short, the prosecution accepts the dismissal and is happy to spend court resources elsewhere.

Respectfully,

Senior Prosecuting Attorney

Deputy Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0054

A decision was reached in the above case on the 24th day of June, 2023.

The court is hereby granting the Motion for Involuntary Dismissal. With the defendant's failure to make meaningful contact with the court, this case will be dismissed and the VM07 - Hit and Run charge shall remain on the defendant's record. Furthermore, the defendant will be subject to pay court fees in the amount of $10,000 in accordance with Judicial Branch policy for time, effort, and resources expended on this case after it's activation.

Chief Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”