Defendant Address: Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way, Metro Los Santos, SA
(( Defendant Discord: Colt#5555 ))
Requested Attorney: Acting Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven
Charging Department: Los Santos Police Department
Date & Time of Incident(s): 03/MAR/2023 03:00
Charge(s):
  • WM01 - Unlawful Brandishing of a Firearm or Weapon
Narrative:
I was on shift at Rockford Hills City Hall when I got a notification that my Black Yosemite Rancher was being broken into. I rushed down the 3 flights of stairs, out the east side back door, and over to my vehicle. At this time I find an individual sitting in my drivers seat hotwiring the vehicle. I pulled my licensed Combat Pistol from my side and pointed it at him ordering him to stop and get out of the vehicle. He complied with my demand and once out I ordered him to his knees with this hands up.

About this time a METRO unit was leaving Los Santos Customs code 3 and drove over to us. I asked the three METRO officers to arrest him and they did so. While the arrest took place Police Sergeant Pennyworth pulled up to the scene code 2 and asked me about the situation. I explained exactly what I have stated in the filing of this case. At that time he asked to see my firearms license which I provided along with my Combat Pistol so he could confirm that I was a licensed gun owner and that the firearm was registered to me.

Once that was complete he returned my license and firearm to me and pulled me to the side explaining that what I did technically constituted the crime of WM01 as the individual did not pose a threat of bodily harm to me therefore I could not use self defense. I explained that it was not self defense and that I never discharged the firearm. I was conducting a citizens arrest and as stated in the Police Departments Firearms Licensing Desk section "[Information] Self-Defense & Citizens Arrests" it states "If you decide to arrest somebody you make sure that at least one of the following applies before committing to the arrest: The person you're arresting has committed or attempted to commit a felony in your presence."

I explained that as the man was attempting to steal my vehicle it was classified as Attempted Grand Theft Auto, a felony, and that I was justified to conduct said arrest. He once again disagreed with me and we continued to chat a bit longer. At the end he told me that he would not be charging me with the crime and would bring it to the Police Staff Officers for discussion.

After about an hour I made the decision to drive down to to Mission Row to turn myself in for the crime. I made this decision because I felt if it was someone who was not in my position they might've been charged with the crime and I do not feel that I have violated the San Andreas Penal Code by doing what I did. When I arrived at Mission Row, I waited for Sergeant Pennyworth to be available and he eventually came. I explained the situation and asked to be arrested, not because I was guilty, but because I felt that if the Los Santos Police Department believes that I committed a crime, I should be charged the same as anyone else. I hold no ill will towards the Police Sergeant and hope that he understand my position in this matter and I respect that he has his own opinion on the matter and I thank him for his service to the community.

I would also like to make clear that I, Colt Daniels, do not intent and will not use my position to influence the courts procedure, and ruling on this case. I will not interfere with the Judicial process on this case and will not use my authority or position to receive special treatment to benefit me on the outcome of the courts ruling on this case.

I, Colt Daniels, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Colt Daniels

Post by Judith Mason »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Colt Daniels

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on 3rd of March, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Associate Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Greg Kumerow
ECRP Forum Name: Doctor_Diddler

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

RE: State of San Andreas v. Colt Daniels

• To Whom It May Concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Greg Kumerow, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Prosecuting Attorney
    (909) 219-6537 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

I, Deputy Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven, will be representing the defendant, Colt Daniels, in this case. I have made myself aware of the contents of this case. I am ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Respectfully,

Cyrus Raven
    Deputy Chief Public Defender
    5356160 — [email protected]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

State of San Andreas v.

I, Senior Defense Attorney Shaun Harper, will be co-counseling with Deputy Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven and representing the defendant Colt Daniels in this case.

Respectfully,

Senior Defense Attorney
    (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

The Prosecution Division of the San Andreas Judicial Branch has formally been informed by the Los Santos Police Department through message of Chief of Police Alex Donnelly that the Los Santos Police Department will drop the charges on the Defendant on their end and as such, will handle it off accordingly.

Following this, as the only charge being appealed will be dropped at the level of the Los Santos Police Department, the Prosecution notes that this appeal can be dismissed.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

MOTION FOR VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

A Motion for Voluntary Dismissal was filed in the above case on the 21st of March, 2023.

The Defendant, Colt Daniels, has filed this Motion for Voluntary Dismissal, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Charges dropped
    • Detailed Explanation: The Los Santos Police Department has conducted an investigation into the matter and has made the decision to formally dismiss the charged against the defendant in this case and has taken the steps to have them removed from his record. As the defendant no longer has the charges being disputed on his record this case is no longer needed and can be dismissed voluntarily.

Defendant
(909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

COURT DECISION

N/A

A decision was reached in the above case on the 22nd day of March, 2023.

As requested by the both the prosecution and the defendant, this case will be dismissed with prejudice. As the agency placing these charges has indicated their intent to dismiss the charges with the defendant, and in accordance with the defendant's right to be free from double jeopardy, I find good cause to dismiss this case with prejudice.

According to the State of San Andreas criminal justice information system, the charge has already been removed from the defendant's record. The defendant is entitled to reimbursement in the amount of $2,000 for reimbursement of fines and $3,000 as compensation for their time served, for a total of $5,000. The defendant may seek reimbursement from any active judge of the State of San Andreas, or may attempt to to recover reimbursement from the original charging agency.

The court wishes to thank all parties for their time and patience while this issue was resolved.

This case is hereby dismissed without prejudice.

Superior Court Judge
(909) 235-6076 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

COURT DECISION

N/A

A decision was reached in the above case on the 22nd day of March, 2023.

Correction to the latest entry... This case is hereby dismissed with prejudice.

Superior Court Judge
(909) 235-6076 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”