[San Andreas Judicial Branch] February Newsletter

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Chief Justice

• Chief Justice Colt Daniels
    Citizens of San Andreas,

The month of February is a special time for the Judicial Branch. It is the month when we celebrate the anniversary of the founding of our Branch. This month marks two years we have been operating within our state and we couldn't be more proud of how far the branch has come in that time. During the month of February we have appointed Court Clerk Allgood to be the third active Judge the branch has as well as promoting Director Winejudge to a Court Clerk.

Judge Allgood joined the Judicial Branch in September of 2021, during his time he has played a key role in running the day to day operations of the Prosecution Division as the states Attorney General. Judge Allgood has maintained his interest in pursuing the bench since he has joined and we couldn't be more pleased that he has accomplished that goal. Court Clerk Winejudge has been in the branch since June of 2022 and has worked tirelessly in his pursuit of Justice and ensuring the public is well informed about the branch and its doings throughout the months with newsletters, and press releases as the Director of Public Relations. Court Clerk Winejudge has also maintained an interest in being a Judge since he joined the branch and he is well on his way to accomplishing that goal. We are confident that both Judge Allgood and Court Clerk Winejudge will be excellent additions as Superior Court Judges and will administer justice fairly and impartially.

We hope you enjoy the February Newsletter as Director Winejudge always puts his full efforts into ensuring it is compelling and informative. Have a great March everyone.
Judicial Spotlight

• Sr.Defense Attorney Shaun Harper
    Having successfully joined the Judicial Branch on the fourth of October of 2022, I already knew I wanted to be a defense attorney. Why a defense attorney? To keep it simple, I believe that everyone should have the right to a fair trial. I strongly believe that the justice system should not only punish the guilty but also protect the innocent. The role of a defense attorney is to ensure that the defendant's rights are protected and that they receive a fair trial, regardless of the charges against them. As a defense attorney, I am committed to upholding these principles and fighting for justice for all of my clients.

The time I've spent working at the San Andreas Judicial Branch has been incredibly rewarding. Not only have I been able to use my skills and knowledge to help others, but I have also learned a great deal about the justice system and the complexities of criminal law. It has been a challenging but fulfilling experience. I am grateful for the support of my colleagues and mentors, who have helped me to grow both professionally and personally during my time in the Judicial Branch. As I continue to pursue my career as a defense attorney, I hope to see the Judicial Branch grow even bigger and better than what it is now.
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Promotions/Reinstatements
  • Court ClerkSuperior Court Judge
    • Hugh R. Allgood
    Prosecuting AttorneyCourt Clerk
    • Robert Winejudge
    Public Defense AttorneySenior Defense Attorney
    • Shaun Harper
    CivilianJunior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Jayson Lee
    CivilianLaw Student
    • Tonny Moralez
    • Blake Eli
    • Grant Adams
    CivilianParalegal
    • Mia Adams
Important Annoucements
  • Changes made to the Marriage Information section

For a while now, the information on marriage licensing procedures has been outdated and difficult to understand due to its formatting. Recognizing the problem, the Director of Public Notary, Roderick Marchisio, re-formatted the entire section to make it more accessible. This should make it easier for couples who want to get married to quickly and easily find the information they need without any confusion or delays.

More time to pay the fine

Previously, upon receiving a citation, the recipient had a total of three days to pay it off. Failing to do so would result in a GM16 charge for failure to pay a fine. However, the Law Review Committee recently passed a bill, submitted by the Honorable Roderick Marchisio, that extended the time limit for payment to seven days. This change is intended to make it easier to pay off citations, even if you are away from the city on a trip, for example. The Bill was passed with a unanimous vote of 6 aye's and 0 no's. It was then sent to the Board of Governors for approval, and after it was approved, the penal code was changed on the 21st of February.
Closing Message

• Director Robert Winejudge
    Dear Citizens of San Andreas, now that February has come to a close, it is time to welcome the arrival of Spring with the month of March. I am personally excited to see the flowers and trees of San Andreas in their beautiful and vibrant colors, and I look forward to seeing what this month will bring to our Branch. We have seen a surge in the number of applications, which makes me very happy. I am eager to help our newest members blossom, so they can achieve all the goals they have set for themselves within our branch.

Stay safe and healthy!

Director of Public Relations
    (909) 372-4223 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”