[NEWSLETTER #10] SASG Updates - February

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
Piper Barge
ECRP Forum Name: jaaxxx

[NEWSLETTER #10] SASG Updates - February

Post by Piper Barge »

Introduction
Welcome to the latest edition of our San Andreas State Government Updates newsletter. This newsletter aims to give the public a general idea of what we have accomplished in February. As you probably already know, Government has been recruiting, and we thought it would be nice for you to hear We are currently reworking the community letterbox and hope to get this reopened in the coming weeks. We will also give some insight into what the Law Review committee has worked on since the first official meeting.
New Employees
Piper Barge, Public Relations wrote:
Since I have recently joined the Government, I have felt nothing but pure acceptance. I have looked at many different jobs to find somewhere I fully feel like I am accepted, and I believe I have found exactly that. I joined a bureau where I feel comfortable and perform to the best of my abilities. As one of the newest members of the Government team, I am driven by the desire to serve the community of Los Santos, and help lift the voices of the citizens of the city. The opportunity to work towards making life here better is what motivates me. I am so excited about the future plans that the Public Relations department has, and I cannot wait to see everything bloom!
Julia Chedhamenou, Human Resources wrote:
Joining the Government was something I wanted to do for a long time, but it took me some time to gain the required experience to join the bureau I know I will be finding myself performing to the best of my abilities. Now I am here living the experience and so happy to do so. I already met great people and it is a great opportunity to learn from them. Obviously, my main goal is always to learn more and more, and every time I take a path I love to master what I am doing before I move to the next step, and honestly colleagues here are helping me involve myself in the environment, which helps me to reach my second goal which is a good asset and useful part of the government. Of course, I would love to reach higher positions. Finally, I would thank everyone for the opportunity and it is a pleasure to be a part of the government.
Dai Chaos, GSB wrote: I've been a proud resident of this city for around three years now, and I've never felt more at home until this day. I've tried many different occupations that this city offers, from the government to privately funded. What really brought me to City Hall's doorstep was a specific career field that interested me and allowed me to use previous skills and knowledge, while working alongside a few of the great people and representatives of this state. I was a proud Los Santos Police Officer for around a year, but on my recent return to the city, I felt a curiosity for a change of pace and a personal level interaction of whom I work with day-to-day. I believe I've found just that.

My goals aren't too particular. I hope one day to represent my bureau and myself on a greater level with due time. Personally, I think I have everything I need to succeed, but maybe one day, I can upscale into a house somewhere instead of my apartment.

I am proud to be the newest GSB Agent and look forward to a healthy, prosperous future within the government.
Promotions
  • Ava Raven - Acting Director of Public Works Bureau to Director of Public Works Bureau
  • OJ Wood - Interim Director of Public Relations Bureau to Director of Public Relations Bureau
  • Zachery Pines - Government Official of San Andreas Aviation Administration to Government Executive Official of San Andreas Aviation Administration
  • Zach Jones - Lead Official of Property and Housing Bureau to Executive Official of Property and Housing Bureau
  • Doc Friday - Agent I to Agent III
  • James Hawkes - Government Intern of San Andreas Aviation Administration to Government Official of San Andreas Aviation Administration
  • Julia Chedhamenou - Human Resources Assistant to Human Resources Staff
  • Dai Chaos - Junior Agent to Agent I
  • Conrad Fredrico - Agent III to Senior Agent
Community Suggestions
  • Anonymous, 21 wrote: I would like to see more events and activities at the pier. I miss the social interaction within the city and it used to be the hub of the city

The San Andreas State Government has recognized the need for social events within the city. We have received numerous suggestions of how this can be improved and to allow people to have a suitable place to relax after a hard day's work. While looking through the general feedback, we noticed that the citizens want to make the pier great again! We are happy to announce a government project called The Pier Regeneration Project.

The overall goal of The Pier Regeneration Project is to bring the citizens of Los Santos together so you can meet new and exciting people, build relationships with each other and give you the opportunity to attend businesses that will be open more often. I hope this will be positive news for individuals within the city. We sometimes forget the importance of communicating and interacting with others. I will be releasing more information about this next month. Please keep your eyes out for Weazel adverts and Newsletters throughout March.

Roadworker Brown wrote: I would like to see more security or some form of protection while working as a road worker. We are robbed daily and our cars are usually broken into.

We do not wish to see our road workers attacked, as a citizen of Los Santos you have the right to defend yourself from attacks within the confines of the law. I would recommend reading the rules and laws around owning a legal firearm and self-defense to guide your decision on how best to defend yourself against an attacker. The LSPD is also there to help so should issues happen, be sure to call 911. You may have noticed that recently we have installed a camera at the front of Los Santos Power and Water HQ. We hope this adds a layer of security and keeps your personal property safe while you work a vital job through the state.
Bureau Spotlight
  • Since our last press release the Law Review Committee (LRC) has begun its first congress and is proud to announce the passage of two new Bills signed into law and a House Resolution!

H.Res. 1 | Solidarity with a Kidnapped Government Director Resolution was introduced per tradition by House Speaker Emily Whitehorse as a nod to the egregious kidnapping of a government employee being utilized as a weapon against the LRC. The Resolution firmly cements the Houses stance in a 7 to 0 vote that the LRC will not be subject to unlawful interference.

H.R. 1 | Crime against a Government Employee Modifier Amendment Act was the first bill passed! This bill came from Delegate Colt Daniels. This bill aims to ensure that the application of the government employee modifier is equal across all branches of government, including their property, while they serve the people of San Andreas.

H.R. 4 | Failure to Pay a Fine Act was the second bill passed! This was brought forth by The Honorable Roderick Marchisio, the bill has increased the time individuals have to pay off a fine prior to receiving the misdemeanor charge alleviating concerns that the current time failed to take into account individuals' busy schedules.
Contact Information

• Piper Barge
      Government Official| Public Relations Bureau
      San Andreas State Government
      [email protected]
      ☏ 432-9013

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”