LSEMS Monthly Press Release | February 2023

Post by Samantha Tenbe »

Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
LSEMS Monthly Press Release | February 2023
Wednesday, March 1st, 2023
"One Team, One Mission, Saving Lives"

spacer
INTRODUCTION

It's March! Can you believe it? This month has been an interesting one. Sadly, we have seen an influx of hostile behavior towards department members and have had to upper our own personal security when going out in the field and responding to calls. We are currently working hard on how to better the situation and what steps we can take to make it safer. On a more positive note, we have seen a large number of promotions, 20 promotions and 4 divisional head adjustments. Also, the Lifeguard Division have now moved their locations closer to the Vespucci Pier, making the division more visible to the public.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH | FEBRUARY 2023

EMT Intermediate Lisa Winter

EMT Lisa Winter joined the LSEMS at the beginning of January 2023 and passed her Field Training Evaluation a few weeks later. Since her promotion to EMT Basic, she has successfully been certified within the Basic Life Support Division and the Crisis Response Unit. She is trusted to hold public BLS classes and respond to situations including a mental health crisis.

EMT Winter has shown to be a trusted individual on the field, and the LSEMS Leadership Team knows that she will do her best to ensure the safety of her patients and coworkers. We are excited to see the professional development EMT Winter will have within the department. If you see her in the field, make sure to congratulate her on her reward.

spacer
FEBRUARY 2023 RANK ADJUSTMENTS

Captain
Emilia Thalmer

Lead Paramedic
Sokka Lazoo

Senior Paramedic
Joshua Crane
Ally Quinn

Paramedic
Tiffany Brent

EMT-A
Lucine Moon
Valerie Economou (Reinstatement)
Valentina Evans
Monroe Hutchen
Solomon Cobb

EMT-I
Mark Payne
Greg Reed
Wesley Carter
Conrad Fredrico
Lisa Winter
Kim Gray

EMT-B
Luna Bianchi
Luke Cortez
Sam Carlin
Stafford Lee
Giorgos Papageorgiou (Reinstatement)
Christopher Dalison
George Hill
Harvey Sutherland
Blake Eli
spacer
DEPARTMENT UPDATES

Lucine Moon from Senior BLS Instructor to Interim Head of BLS | 02/FEB/2023

Joshua Crane from Assistant Head of Advanced Medicine Unit to Head of Advanced Medicine Unit | 19/FEB/2023

Yuki Nakamura from Assistant Head to Forensics to Head of Forensics | 20/FEB/2023

Greg Reed from Doctor to Assistant Head of the Advanced Medicine Division | 22/FEB/2023
spacer
DIVISION SPOTLIGHT | BASIC LIFE SUPPORT DIVISION

The Basic Life Support Division lies under the Office of Administration and is responsible for holding public Basic Life Support classes for the civilians of San Andreas. Having a medical license will allow you to have the knowledge you need to assist injured individuals that you may come across. Currently, the Basic Life Support Division consists of 15 members, and nine individuals are now training to become certified instructors. We asked the Head of Basic Life Support Lucine Moon a few questions about her experience within the division.

EMT Advanced Lucine Moon
Why did you want to join the Basic Life Support Division?
I joined the BLS division because it looked interesting, and I saw that they seemed to need extra help when it came to hosting classes I wanted to try something new and simple to start with when becoming an EMT, and BLS seemed like the division for it!

What is your experience within the division? And how did you become the Divisional Head?
So far, the division has been great; I have been able to teach multiple classes and enjoy every single one of them as the students have made them very entertaining and worthwhile. The division itself is like a family; we all work together in harmony and always have new stories to tell about how things went. I became a divisional head of BLS through an application process, I saw that there was an opening to become the head of BLS, and I took my chance with it; others have motivated me to try and apply for it as they saw I have a passion for it and I am grateful that out of the applicants I was chosen.

What does the Basic Life Support Division do?
In BLS we are here to teach people who aren't medics (Civilians and government workers) how to do treatment when medics aren't available or before one arrives. We host classes to teach people what to do and what not to do in certain situations when going to treat someone, making sure that they understand how this skill can really help save someone's life.

What can you expect from a member of the Basic Life Support Division?
As a member of the BLS division, we are expected to teach classes with a certain level of knowledge when passing it on to the students. It is not expected for us to be stern and strict we want to make the classes fun and knowledgeable for people who want to learn so they are more willing to take that knowledge to heart when out and about!

Do you have any valuable tips for the citizens of San Andreas?
If you want to be able to help your friends or strangers, we are here to help you do that! Don't be scared to walk through those doors. We are here to welcome you with open arms with useful knowledge to pass on to you.
spacer
WELCOMING SPRING
spacer
🌷 Spring is now officially here!!! 🌷
spacer

In the previous release, we spoke about the start of spring and how it brings pollen to basically everywhere with the help of some air currents. This time around, we'll be talking about a related topic, but with a twist! As the weather is warming up at a steady pace with the days getting longer and longer, all the nearby gardens, parks, and other green surfaces are slowly but surely being turned into very vivid, lush, and rich-with-life views.

From lovely cherry blossoms and magnolias to pretty daffodils and gentle tulips, all spring flowers bring joy and beauty to our environment and its other-than-us inhabitants. The flowers not only add a healthy pop of color to our daily lives, but they also serve as an extremely important, irreplaceable source of food for bees and other creatures who dabble in not only pollination but other parts and aspects of the ecosystems.

With the many delicate petals and strong, sweet fragrances, spring flowers have long been celebrated in all kinds of art, literature, and culture all around the globe. They are often seen as symbolizing renewal, regrowth, and new beginnings, reminding us of the beauty and the undefeatable resilience of nature.

Whether you’re having a calm walk through a park near you or carefully tending to a garden, take a moment to appreciate the wonder of some of the spring flowers. They are only going to be in bloom for a short time, but their impact on our spirits can be very long-lasting. So take some time, stop, and give the roses, the daisies, the hyacinths, and all the other lovely spring flowers that decorate our world!

PS: Flowers make a great gift to your loved ones too, and there is no better time than spring!
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSES
LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN

Learn how to give basic treatment and provide life-saving aid!

Click Here to VIEW the BLS Course Schedules

*Subjected to background check*
spacer
RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: OPEN

Applying for the LSEMS Ride-along Program is a great way to see firsthand exactly what the Emergency Medical Services do. You will be paired up with one of our friendly staff members who will take you to calls that range from minor injuries to major accidents.
Apply for an LSEMS Ride-along!
Click Here to check the status currently.

spacer
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
LSEMS Appointment Status: OPEN

You are able to book an appointment with our staff, whether that be a doctor for physical problems you may have or our therapist team for mental and emotional support, you can complete the form below and arrange to come in and see us! Don't leave that pain till tomorrow. Don't be alone with your thoughts. We are here to help.

Click here to book now!
spacer
LSEMS RECRUITMENT
LSEMS Recruitment Status: OPEN

Do you want to be a part of a team that saves lives? We are currently looking to hire more Emergency Medical Technicians for the LSEMS. Joining LSEMS is a great way to get a stable career, improve your life skills, and most importantly, save others.

Click here to apply now!

spacer
MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF EMS

Chief of EMS Samantha Tenbe
We are in the middle of spring and getting close to my first anniversary as the Chief of EMS. It's honestly weird to think that it has been a year already. We have had many ups and downs during this time, but the LSEMS has changed. In the last Press Release, I mentioned that I aimed to reach 70 employees; we are already at 60 - with 14 pending applications.

As mentioned in the introduction, the department has seen an influx of negative behavior toward department members. This has caused us to find ways to improve personal security. During this time, I have seen just how much the employees care about each other and how long they will go to protect whoever needs it.

Moving forwards, we are trying to find ways to improve our general operations and internal procedures. We have just recently internally published guidelines for mask support and will also be looking at other services we can provide. Our Lifeguard Division has also moved locations closer to the Vespucci Pier, and we are currently looking for contractors to build the interior. If you are or know anyone that has a passion for building, please reach out to me by email.
spacer
CLOSING MESSAGE
Thank you very much for reading this month's press release. We appreciate your support and are happy to see the engagement regarding these releases. Remember to take care of each other!

"There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others."

Sokka Lazoo
Lead Paramedic | Head of Public Relations

Alex Mpache
Deputy Chief of EMS

Samantha Tenbe
Chief of EMS

Ret. Chief of EMS | 06/MAR/2022 - 03/MAR/2023

Return to “LSEMS Press Releases”