#23-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov

TheSendGod
ECRP Forum Name: Jason Sligmov

Post by TheSendGod »

Defendant Name: Jason Sligmov
Defendant Phone: 315-9246
Defendant Address: Sandy motel on Joshua road
(( Defendant Discord: 3TimesOver#7634 ))
Requested Attorney: Shaun Harper
Charging Department: SD
Date & Time of Incident(s): 24/2/23 12-1pm EST
Charge(s):
  • Illegal Firearms
Narrative:
I do not agree with these charges and want to contest it.

I, Jason Sligmov, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Last edited by TheSendGod on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas V. Jason Sligmov

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

State of San Andreas v.

• To whom it may concern,

I, Senior Defense Attorney Shaun Harper, will be representing the defendant Jason Sligmov in this case.

Respectfully,

Senior Defense Attorney
    (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Robert Winejudge
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov

Post by Robert Winejudge »

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on the 25th of February, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Court Clerk
(909) 372-4223 — [email protected]
Jay Wellberg
ECRP Forum Name: Chilo

Re: State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov

Post by Jay Wellberg »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 24 of March, 2023.

I, Jay Wellberg, a Junior Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing Jason Sligmov in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Public Defense Attorney
(909) 2956979 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0050

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on the 20th day of April, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0050.

Both the State and Defendant have adequate representation in the case, as such, immediately following this notice, the Presiding Judge will be filing the Order for Discovery.

Associate Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0050

A court order was entered in the above case on the 20th day of April, 2023.

The case of #23-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

#23-CM-0050

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on 22/APR/2023.

I, Hope Kant, a Prosecuting Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel with Attorney General Marchisio taking Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 321-2132 — [email protected][/list]

Lisa Winter
Lead Paramedic
ECRP Forum Name: Lisa Winters

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 23 of April, 2023.

I, Lisa Winter, a Junior Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing Jason Sligmov in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 233-5420 — [email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0050

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 24th of April, 2023.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

• Exhibit #1: Arrest Report on Jason Sligmov - 2023-02-24
    ARREST REPORT
    MUGSHOT
    SUSPECT 1 DETAILS

• Full Name: Jason Sligmov
      Telephone Number: 315-8246
      Licenses Revoked: No
      Charges:
      • WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons

How did the suspect plea to the above charges?
      Suspect pleaded not guilty to all charges.
      Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :
      N/A

VEHICLES INVOLVED
    • Vehicle A: N/A

DEPUTY DETAILS
    • Full Name: Jamie Snow
      Badge Number: 24662
      Callsign: 11-R-11

INCIDENT DETAILS
    • Date of Arrest: 2023-02-24
      Deputies Involved: Deputy Sheriff I Jamie Snow, Deputy Sheriff I Heath Tegans, Deputy Austin Thieman

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
      • The situation began with DOC asking SD and PD over department radio regarding a shirtless man that was ziptied in their front parking to confirm if he's a 10-15 or not. I arrived to DOC and I confirmed over our radio that Deputy Lewis Reed already spoke with him and he is a 10-16 that was robbed. He told us that his vehicle was at Sandy behind the Abandoned Motel so we went over to take a look. He previously described the suspect to be in Lost MC and wearing their leather jacket, so as we arrived we noticed Jason Sligmov standing outside the property and within a second our witness was certain that was the man. Me and my partner walked up to him to ask him about the situation as we didn't see a vehicle and had no reason to arrest him at that point, but noticed a firearm on his waistband. I previously knew that Jason wasn't eligible and didn't possess a firearms license and asked him to put his hands up, and he complied. He was cuffed on the same scene and read his rights while I notified the Crime Scene Investigator Austin Thieman about it.
        Once the firearm was removed, I ran the serial on the MDC and found it to be illegal. Austin Thieman took lead in investigating the stolen vehicle and it was soon found near the Sandy Airfield and abandoned. Jason's prints were not found within the vehicle but he was in possession of gloves at the time of the arrest. There were bullet casings found in the vehicle and ballistics were done to compare them to the illegal Pistol .50 found on Jason Sligmov. The results were a match to his weapon which linked him to the vehicle but by the end, we decided this still wasn't enough evidence to charge him and he would only be receiving the illegal firearm charge. He was transported to DOC with no resistance and processed by guards. The weapon was placed in his locker by Deputy Thieman along with the ballistics evidence. There was a report done for the crime scene on Thieman's end which explains the investigation in more detail.

EVIDENCE DETAILS
    • Exhibit A: Pistol .50 - Serial Number: 1677236865202
      Exhibit B: 2x Bullet Casings
      Exhibit C: 2x Deformed Bullets

ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE

Exhibit #2: Physical Evidence - Gun and Bullet Casings
    Exhibit #3: Witness Statement from Deputy Austin Thieman

Official Witness Statement
    Case Information
    • Case Number: 129963
      Incident Date: 24/FEB/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Austin Thieman
      Date of Birth: 06FEB1993
      Phone Number: 305-2909
      Occupation: Master Deputy/Crime Scene Technician, Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Witness Statement
    • Brief Overview
      • We received a department radio call from the Department of Corrections stating that there was a nearly naked man whom was zip-tied standing in the parking lot. Deputies Snow and Tegans responded and were the initial units on scene. Upon my arrival I was told by the victim that he had been assaulted by members of Lost MC at the Sandy Motel. He stated that his vehicle was still there and needed to get it back, however felt unsafe going back as that was where he was just assaulted.

Vehicle in question: White Serrano (LP: 61KJSBL7)

Deputies Snow and Tegans had put the victim in the back of their patrol car, and then went to the Sandy Motel. I received a radio call that they had someone in custody that matched the description of the assailant, but I had no further information. I met the Deputies at the motel and the victim got into my patrol car and we went and continued to locate his vehicle. The Serrano was then recovered at the Sandy Air Strip, and was riddled in bullet holes. A forensic investigation was conducted. Any further information will need to be requested from the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau.
      What lead you to finding the firearm on "Jason Sligmov" person?
      • Ultimately, I did not find the firearm on Jason Sligmov, however, the victim who was at DOC led us to the Sandy Motel stating that his car was there and it needed to be recovered. I only responded to the motel to pick up the victim as we didn't want the victim and the assailant in the same patrol vehicle while we continued to search for the missing vehicle. Any further information would need to be requested from the arresting Deputy.
      What lead you to enter "the property" of "Jason Sligmov"?
      • Ultimately, the victim led Deputies to the Sandy Motel to find the vehicle that he left there prior to his assault. He stated to us that it was parked behind the motel in the parking lot, which was where we ended up. Sheriff's Deputies never entered any restricted area's of the property (rooms or gated area's), to my knowledge, but just the parking lot behind the motel.
      Was the firearm found to have been used recently in any way?
      • This information is contained in an SIB CSI Report, however it will need to be requested directly from the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Austin Thieman, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Master Deputy, Austin Thieman
      Crime Scene Technician, Major Crimes
      Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Date: 24/FEB/2023
    Exhibit #4: Bodycamera footage from Deputy Jamie Snow
    You can find the bodycamera footage from Deputy Jamie Snow Attatched Here.

((
    ))

A Notary Public
Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 321-2132 — [email protected]

Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

#23-CM-0050

A Motion for Summary Judgement was filed in the above case on the 26 of April, 2023.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Summary Judgement, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Indisputable Evidence
      • Detailed Explanation: The prosecution has shown without a doubt that the defendant was indeed in possession of an illegal firearm. To explain, we will walk you through the events of the 24th of February, 2023. Sheriffs Deputies approached a distraught man outside of DOC. He was cuffed, bald, without clothes, and claimed to have just had his car stolen near the Motel in Sandy Shores. He appeared to have some injuries, but stated he did not need immediate medical attention.

The Sheriffs Deputies now had reasonable suspicion to search the area, looking not only for the alleged victim's car (stolen property) but also evidence to prove the alleged victim's words. As they approached the scene, the alleged victim exclaimed "That's him!". Sheriffs Deputies also noted a gun visible on the defendant. At this point, the Sheriffs Deputies now had probable cause to search and detain the defendant. They applied only the charge of the illegal firearm, as that was the only one they felt they could reasonably prove.

The prosecution is asking the court to affirm the Sheriffs Deputies original decision and maintain the charge based off the indisputable evidence showing the defendant clearly in possession of an illegal firearm, so as not to waste anymore of the defense, the courts, or the prosecutions time by taking this to trial.

A Notary Public
    Prosecuting Attorney

Attorney General
    Director of Public Notary
      Shaun Harper
      Judicial Branch
      ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

• Honorable Judge Judith Mason,

We the defense agree with the filed motion for summary judgement.

Respectfully,

Director of Training & Hiring
        Deputy Chief Public Defender
        (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
      Judith Mason
      Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0050

A decision was reached in the above case on the 26th day of April, 2023.

The Motion for Summary Judgment is hereby granted. The prosecution is invited to submit an initial written argument as to why the court should rule in their favor which will then be followed by the defense's initial written argument. Once received, each party will be given one final counter-argument made in response to initial statements before a verdict will be issued.

Associate Justice
      Hope Kant
      Judicial Branch
      ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

PROSECUTION SUMMARY JUDGEMENT ARGUMENTS

The prosecution will start by providing a timeline of the evens of the 24th of February, 2023.

Timeline:
      At approximately 8:42 AM ((phone time)), several deputies of the sheriff's department were dispatched to DOC to investigate a cuffed individual. The cuffed individual explains his story: his car was stolen, he was tortured, cuffed, and, for lack of better terms, left for dead.

At approximately 2:33 in the bodycam evidence provided, he (the cuffed individual) can be heard conferring with the deputies the location of the incident. Multiple times it was stated that not only was his stolen car located at the Motel in Sandy, but also that is where the alleged story of the cuffed individual occurred.

At approximately 3:33 in the bodycam evidence provided, one of the deputies can be heard stating that they are going to find the mans stolen vehicle. It is clear the intent of the Sheriffs Deputies was to conduct a lawful investigation into a possible crime. They (The Sheriffs Deputies) had reasonable suspicion to search the area (Sandy Motel), looking not only for the cuffed individual's car (alleged stolen property: White Surano SUV) but also evidence to prove the cuffed individual's words.

At approximately 4:42 in the bodycam evidence provided, as they approached the scene at the Motel in Sandy, the cuffed individual exclaimed "That's the guy!". At this point, the Sheriffs Deputies now had reasonable suspicion to detain the defendant for questioning. Upon driving closer to the defendant, Sheriffs Deputies also noted a gun visible on the defendant. Reasonable suspicion developed into probable cause as they had active evidence of a crime being committed.

The prosecution affirms, through the timeline provided, arrest report, illegal gun in evidence, witness statement, and bodycam footage that the investigation done by Sheriffs Deputies was lawful and did not infringe on the defendants rights.

The law: WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons

As stated in the penal code, WF03 is "Illegally possessing any type of firearm, weapon, parts of a firearm/weapon, ammunition or a firearm without a serial number". It is clearly shown on the bodycam that the defendant was in possession of a firearm. As a recent offender, he is not in possession of a firearms license, therefore he is liable for the charge of WF03.

The prosecution is asking the court to affirm the Sheriffs Deputies original decision and maintain the charge based off the indisputable evidence showing the defendant clearly in possession of an illegal firearm.

Prosecuting Attorney
      Notary Public
      Lisa Winter
      Lead Paramedic
      ECRP Forum Name: Lisa Winters

LSEMS Awards

Post by Lisa Winter »

DEFENSE SUMMARY JUDGEMENT ARGUMENTS

Honorable Judge Judith Mason,

We the defense do not have any arguments in response to the prosecution's assertions.

Respectfully.

Junior Defense Attorney
      (909) 233-5420 — [email protected]
      Judith Mason
      Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT

#23-CM-0050

A decision was reached in the above case on the 5th day of May, 2023.

The case of #23-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Jason Sligmov has been resolved through a granted Motion for Summary Judgment.

On the 24th of February, law enforcement officers with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department were requested to assist with a distraught and nearly naked man in the parking lot of Bolingbroke Penitentiary. The man claimed that he was the victim of a recent robbery, battery, and vehicle theft. When asked, the man further confirmed that the people who had attacked him were wearing leather Lost MC jackets and that his vehicle, which had allegedly been stolen during the incident, was located at the abandoned motel in Sandy Shores. With this information in mind, the deputies brought the man towards the reported location of his vehicle so the man could regain possession of his allegedly stolen property.

Upon arriving at the abandoned motel, the man stated that his car was gone but then quickly exclaimed, "That's the guy! That's the guy there! That's the guy who kidnapped me!" identifying an individual wearing a leather Lost MC jacket. Deputies then approached and detained the man in furtherance of their investigation and saw that he had a firearm on his hip. The man was later identified as the defendant, Jason Sligmov, and deputies further confirmed that Mr. Sligmov did not possess a valid firearms license and that the firearm which he was in possession of was an illegal firearm.

The deputies continued their investigation of the incident by detaining another individual and eventually finding the allegedly stolen vehicle at the Sandy Shores Airfield, riddled with bullet holes and bullets that allegedly matched the firearm that was found on Mr. Sligmov, however, the decision was made only to charge the defendant with being in possession of an illegal firearm.

The court has found that the deputies involved in this incident had established reasonable suspicion that the defendant was involved in the alleged robbery and vehicle theft scheme, and although the deputies did not feel they had established the necessary probable cause to arrest the defendant for said alleged robbery and vehicle theft, they had been acting within their authority to approach the abandoned motel in furtherance of their investigation into the alleged crimes. As the alleged victim identified the defendant as one of the perpetrators of this crime, the deputies had established more than enough reasonable suspicion to, at the very least, detain the individual who had been pointed out by the victim for further investigation.

During the course of this lawful investigation, an illegal firearm was taken directly from the defendant, which very clearly establishes probable cause that the defendant was in possession of an illegal firearm, and as such, the court has found there to be more than enough evidence to find the defendant guilty of WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms / Weapons beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
      • On the count of WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms / Weapons, I find the defendant, Jason Sligmov, guilty.

In accordance with Judicial Branch policy, the defendant shall be required to pay $25,000 to compensate the court for its time, effort, and resources expended during the case.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”