RETURN TO DUTY: OFFICER LEO LARSON

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

lspdlogo

WWW.LSPDONLINE.NET
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Saturday, February 18th, 2023
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

-

• -
    -
    The Los Santos Police Department sees many Officers come and go from all walks of life. Some officers we see go never return, instead seeking out ventures in other Departments or cities. Those that do return often have an interesting story about their time away from the department and what guided them to return.
    -
    Police Officer III Leo Larson
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Police Officer III Leo Larson is a Traffic Coordinator within the Vinewood Traffic Division. Many officers welcomed his return to duty within the Los Santos Police Department. Below are some questions and answers asked to and provided by him:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Question: What was your reason for taking an absence from police work?
    Officer Larson wrote: Shortly stating a reason, was that I became burnt out. I pursued every angle and aspect I could to assist the department. I was a Vinewood Traffic Division supervisor, Recruitment & Employment Division applicant handler, interviewer, and instructor, Field Training Division officer, Training Division instructor, Media Relations Division community unit, and a Metro Reserve.

All of this , along with the supervisor training program felt like a lot to handle. At least for the level at which I wanted to provide my efforts. I dedicated everything I had for a strong 10 month period and that accumulated to a tipping point. Where I ended up resigning, de-stressing, and took a 3 month vacation.
    Question: Did you miss the job, and if so, what did you miss most?
    Officer Larson wrote: As time pasted, I began to miss the job more and more. The city and more importantly the LSPD family was what I missed most. I had spent so much time working along side and with fellow officers. Getting to learn how they police, as well as who they were as people. Many of which I consider friends.
    Question: What motivated you to return to police work?
    Officer Larson wrote: I have lived in the city of Los Santos for so long and been apart of the Los Santos Police Department for most of my life. I did not want to spend anymore time away, than what I did or throw away my entire career. I may of resigned, but I certainly did not retire.
    Question: What challenges have you faced while readjusting to police work?
    Officer Larson wrote: Other than re-acclimating and wearing off the rust of being away, I have had little challenges. I was welcomed back with open arms and inserted back into the LSPD with practically zero resistance. To clarify the resistance I am referring to a complete return to my previous self. Initially I chose to pursue Metro full time, but could not stay away from my true divisional home the Vinewood Traffic Division. Where they accepted me back into the division as a traffic coordinator. I was accepted back into the Training Division as a instructor.

I arguably have already surpassed my previous stent by gaining a secondary supervisor role. Within the Field Training Division, I am one of three field training program coordinators. Along with that I have recently joined the Air Support Division and passed my introductory flight session.
    Question: What has changed about policing since you left?
    Officer Larson wrote: Not much has changed from when I left. Some small tweaks to policies, charges, and other similar aspects are about the extent of the difference in policing. What felt the most changed upon my return was the officers that had also resigned or returned themselves to the LSPD. Then biggest in terms of wow factor, was the Cadets that have improved and been promoted. I spent what felt like no time whatsoever away and they had reached not only higher ranks, but some had been award recipients. This may sound cliché, but I felt like a proud parent to a certain degree.
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Written By:

Police Officer III Stafford Lee
    Media Relations Officer Officer, Media Relations Unit
    [email protected]
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    For Information, Contact:

Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”