Press Release January 2023

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release January 2023

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the January Release!

Here we are, opening up into a new year with room for lots of excitement. Over the last few years we have seen many changes in the DOC. We are excited to see what 2023 has for us, and we hope that you will keep up with our Press Releases so that you can experience it too.
If you haven't yet read our "SADOC 2022 - A Year in Review" Press Release then you can do so here.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month January 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
It goes without mentioning that being part of such a great team is an achievement in itself, being surrounded by great people gave me the opportunity to learn daily new things, and felt like being within a family. One of the most memorable moments was when I was able to save my colleague from death after being attacked by two inmates and I only had my baton, and it was the first time living something like that, the adrenaline was super high and even after that I lost breath for a moment.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My next goal would be always reaching the next step, and gaining more knowledge and helping the team deliver and applying that knowledge on the field. I would also reach a higher rank so I get more responsibilities and get more challenges to face.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
I would advise the the future prospects to never hesitate joining SADOC because it is a great step to learn from and to build on, SADOC will make you special and sketchy.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two civilians meeting with an inmate
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Wolfgang Bathsheba

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • WUFFGANG NOT DO ILLEGUL THENGS. WUFFGANG DO WUFFGANG THENGS FOR FAMILEE AND FLARG. SUMTIYMES BOOFA LUFFERS TRY STOP.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • WUFFGANG LIKE BE TAYKEN FOR WALKIES BY NICE OFFICURS. N' TESSA SQUEAK FRIEND GIFFS LOTS FOOD!

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • WHEN WUFFGANG HAFF GO IN KENNEL. N RANDEE IS MEEN OFFICUR NO NICE TO WUFFGANG.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • WANT PLAYCE CAN WURSHIP FLARG. IF YOOS DO OTHURRR PRYZONERS BEET YOO UP N CALL YOO STOOPID N THEN HAFF TO BYTE

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • EAT THE BAD INMAYTES! OR PLAY ON TRACTURR ALLLLL DAY!

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • WUFFGANG ALWAYS MISS ALFA. HIMS IS VERY GREAYT MAN. LIFF ALFA. BUT ALSO MISS WHEN FAMILEE IS OWT AND WUFFGANG IS IN

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • BOOFA LUFFERS ALWAYS MEEN. SUM POWLEEZE IS NYCE N UNDERSTAYND BUT SUMS JUST CHAYSE NO REESON. FOR SAMPLE TODAY WUFFGANG WAS JUST RYDE FAYGGEO N BOOFA LUFFERS CHAYSE SAY IS ON WRONG SYDE BUT THEYS ALSO ON WRONG SYDE!

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • WUFFGANG NOT BROWKEN. JUST DIFFRINT. PLEASE NEFURR TAYKE MYS HEAD. BATHSHEBAS ALWAYS ASSEPTING NEW MEMBURRS. PRAISE FLARG

Question of the Month
Question of the Month - What are you looking forward to in 2023?
  • Deputy Warden Martin wrote:2024
    Correctional Officer Bryant wrote:Less injured inmates
    Correctional Officer Vicenzo wrote:I'm aiming to a higher post, and join CERT.
    Commander Payne wrote:Becoming an Assistant Warden and getting CERT projects implemented.
    Correctional Officer Fallon wrote:Inmates! I'm looking forward to all of the inmates I'm going to see in 2023! I hope we can help them and reform them!
    Correctional Officer Lee wrote:I am looking forward to the new additions that the department may bring in the new year!
Employee Adjustments
  • Image LieutenantImage Captain
    • #738 Maximillian Speed
  • ImageSergeantImage Captain
    • #431 Yuki Nakamura
  • ImageSergeantImage Lieutenant
    • #771 Rock Paz
    • #825 Marcos Chandler
  • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
    • #804 Ace Schneider
    • #838 Jimmithy Jemima
  • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
    • #864 Hukaz Zidane
    • #888 Julia Chedhamenou
  • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
    • #891 Jack Goodnight
    • #897 Chris Henbane
    • #889 Tony Vicenzo
  • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #905 Corbin Wilder
    • #904 Lucas Wright
    • #908 Astra Amistoso
    • #909 Blinky Williams
    • #906 Tony Cabanna
    • #902 Fiora Slash
    • #911 Luke Eriksen
    • #912 Jemma Smith
    • #913 Norman Boreman
    • #910 Massimo Mascardotti
Correctional Officer Spotlight

This month, we chose Correctional Officer Jemma Smith as our Correctional Officer Spotlight. Since she joined the DOC a short while ago, she has shown some excellent work within the Department.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
    It's never a dull day at SADOC! One of my favourite moments so far though was when one of the inmates led a yoga class in the yard with me and a couple of the other officers. It set me up for the day and it was so nice to see the inmate so chilled and not throwing punches for once!
    Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
    In 3 months' time I want to be well on my way to being able to afford a house in the hills! I want to still be working at SADOC, ideally increasing my medical knowledge and who knows, maybe I'll have had a promotion or two :)
    What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
    My favourite thing about being a corrections officer is feeling like I've made a difference. The inmates that come in are humans, and (mostly) deserve our time and respect. I love knowing that for some of the inmates, spending time with them, singing, doing yoga, dancing, or just listening to their stories keeps them out of trouble while they're with us and (hopefully) makes them think twice about reoffending.
Phone Calls
      When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
          Promotions
          Demotions
          Suspensions
          Resignations

Recruitment
          Total Applications
          Accepted
          Denied
          Reinstatements
          Number of Academies
          New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
          Total Trainings completed
          Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
          Total Requests
          Tours Conducted
        • Duty Reports
          Processing
          Code 1s
          Force 6
          Solitary
          Duty Reports
        SADOC Movie Night
        After we watched the critically acclaimed movie CATS (2019) last year for a public movie night in the front parking lot we decided that we would host another fun movie night.
        We browsed the catalogue of thousands of family friendly movies and settled on Fat Albert as it looked very fun and no members of command had seen it. There was much celebration leading up to the day when we watched Fat Albert.
        It was a hit, we had more people stick around to the end of the movie than CATS (2019) and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
        Unknown Source wrote:Like it's one of the best movies every seen. I loved the bit with like the running an when he di the dance an the rap.
        We have a few ideas planned for future movie nights so stay tuned for news about those!
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        And that ends our January Press release. There wasn't a huge amount of public updates the last month as we have been busy working behind the scenes on a few divisions as well as expanding and pushing for some quality of life changes for the inmates at Bolingbroke.
        I recently hit my one year anniversary as Warden so I'm looking forward to the next year in the position where I'll be pushing for even more changes.
        I always love to hear suggestions and feedback from inmates, civilians and members of other departments so if you would ever like to talk then see below for my contact details.
        Next month is February and with that we will be hosting some fun romantic things for the inmates for Valentines Day so stay tuned for that!

Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
        Marcos Chandler
        Lieutenant, Human Resources Administrator

[email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
        Corporal, Human Resources Command