LSPD Awards for Bravery

LSEMS Monthly Press Release | January 2023

Post by Samantha Tenbe »

Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
LSEMS Monthly Press Release | Month Year
Wednesday 1st of February 2023
"One Team, One Mission, Saving Lives"

INTRODUCTION

It is February, and the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services are growing like ever. At this writing time, we currently have 14 pending applications, where 8 is pending interview! During January, we also had several divisional leadership promotions, 5 to be exact, and 20 operational upgrades. In this press release, you will find all promotions, a deeper insight into the Forensics Division, and a piece about pollen allergies!

But first of all, here is the Chief's Joke of the Month;
The only A+ I ever got was on my blood test
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH | JANUARY 2023
Paramedic Ally Quinn

Paramedic Ally Quinn joined the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services in May 2022 and passed her Field Training Evaluation shortly after. Since her arrival to the department, she has been a powerhouse of an employee. She joined the Crisis Response Unit in July 2022, and in January 2023, she took over the complete leadership of the division. She is a strong advocate for proper medical care and will always take the extra step to ensure all parties are taken care of. If you see her around and about, make sure to congratulate her on her award.

JANUARY 2023 RANK ADJUSTMENTS
Paramedic
Ally Quinn

Master EMT
Charles Swift
Ace Schneider
Doc Friday (Reinstatement)
Yuki Nakamura

EMT-A
Kris Specter
Deji Hernandez

EMT-I
Dima Flory
Amie Koal
Lucine Moon
Solomon Cobb
Valentina Evans
Jamie Snow
Monroe Hutchen

EMT-B
Vincent Jansen
Atlas Evans
Wesley Carter
Kim Gray
Lisa Winter
Greg Reed

DEPARTMENT UPDATES

Emilia Thalmer to Director of Administration | 02/JAN/2023

Ally Quinn from Assistant Head of CRU & Psychology to Head of CRU & Psychology | 05/JAN/2023

Jessica Winger from Senior Lifeguard to Assistant Head of Lifeguard Division | 05/JAN/2023

Matt Crane from Firefighter to Assistant Head of Fire ad Rescue | 10/JAN/2023

Yuki Nakamura from Forensic Serologists to Assistant Head of Forensics | 26/JAN/2023

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT | FORENSICS DIVISION

This month we are moving our focus to the Forensics Division. The Forensics Division lies under the Office of Special Operations together with the Advanced Medicine Unit and the Crisis Response Unit. The main responsibility of the division is to assist other departments and LSEMS internal procedures in handling physical evidence that includes DNA analysis, fingerprint analysis, bloodstain pattern analysis, serology, toxicology, hair, and fiber analysis, entomology, questioned documents, anthropology, odontology, pathology, epidemiology. We reached out to the Assistant Head of Forensics to get a better perspective of her duties and responsibilities.

Master EMT Yuki Nakamura
Why did you want to join the Forensics Division?
At first, it was never my intention to join. I just spoke with Alex Mathers about it and looked into it, and fell in love with it. I love the idea that I can assist PD and SD with discovering the truth behind crimes. Also, I enjoy being able to discover more in the field, conduct research and push the limits.

What is your experience within the division? And how did you become the Assistant Divisional Head?
Starting off with forensics, I was generally new to the topic of forensics and DNA analysing. I really applied myself to the role and conducted a lot of training and research to better understand what I need to do as a serologist. I was working very hard with each case I was needed for. I can't go into too much detail due to confidentiality, but I was able to really assist PD and SD in some of their tough cases.
So, due to my hard work, conduct professional behavior, working hard on paperwork, and being present in the division as a serologist, I was offered the position of Assistant head! This a role I am honored to take and thankful to MD staff for the opportunity.

What does the Forensics Division do?
Currently, the forensics team is working with other divisions and with other departments. As stated previously we used DNA analysing to match or compare blood types. We are able to figure out and detached certain biological substances.
Within divisions, we help CRU and AMU detect certain illnesses or diseases in blood types that might affect patients on a physical or mental level. This means we can test blood in PCR machines to match it up with possible diseases or check medications that might be beneficial to the patient.

What can you expect from a member of the Forensics Division?
I member of the Forensics team will always be prepared and ready in the lab! They have a very professional and positive attitude when it comes to getting results. Also, in Forensics we pride ourselves on clean equipment and a controlled environment to get the most accurate test! If you need something tested, Forenscis are always approachable and there to help!

Do you have any valuable tips for the citizens of San Andreas?
If you are looking for something fun and new to try, apply to MD and become a part of the Forensics team! But, if you don't want to be, then make sure to stay healthy and get regular checks! There are many divisions that can help the civilians of San Andreas.
GOODBYE WINTER; HELLO SPRING
spacer
Say goodbye to Winter and hello to the slow start of Spring and with it fresh beginnings!!
spacer
As winter slowly but surely gives way to spring, the snow has finally melted away, and the trees are coming back to life with beautiful, fresh, green leaves. However, with the stunning beauty of spring, along comes the unpleasant reality of troublesome pollen allergies.

Pollen is a common allergen that can cause symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itching eyes, and difficulty breathing. To avoid pollen-related allergies, it is very important to take precautions such as keeping your windows closed, avoiding outdoor activities during peak pollen hours, and wearing a mask when it is absolutely necessary to go outside, should you be extra sensitive to pollen.

If you have a suspicion that you may be allergic to pollen, you want to closely look at the following symptoms, as well as track them:
  • Sneezing - If you seem to be sneezing after opening a window, going outside, or just in general in spring, you might be sensitive to pollen!
  • Runny nose - If your nose seems to be runny for no apparent reason, it might be a sign of pollen sensitivity!
  • Itching eyes - Ever head out and your eyes just get teary, itchy? You might be sensitive to pollen!
  • Scratchy throat - A sore or scratchy throat is a symptom of many things, such as the common cold, but it can also be a sign of a pollen allergy.
  • Difficulty breathing - If you find yourself coughing, out of breath, or just generally feeling weird when spending time near plants and outside in the spring, you could have an allergy to pollen!
    If you experience any of these symptoms, it's important to consult with a doctor to determine the best course of action for your individual situation.
Spring is a fantastic time for fresh starts, new beginnings, and new leaves. So, as you enjoy the beauty of it all, make sure to take the necessary steps to protect yourself (and others who might have symptoms!) from pollen allergies and make the most out of one of the most beautiful and enjoyable seasons of the year.

BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSES
LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN

Learn how to give basic treatment and provide life-saving aid!

Click Here to VIEW the BLS Course Schedules

*Subjected to background check*
RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: OPEN

Applying for the LSEMS Ride-along Program is a great way to see firsthand exactly what the Emergency Medical Services do. You will be paired up with one of our friendly staff members who will take you to calls that range from minor injuries to major accidents.
Apply for an LSEMS Ride-along!
Click Here to check the status currently.

REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
LSEMS Appointment Status: OPEN

You are able to book an appointment with our staff, whether that be a doctor for physical problems you may have or our therapist team for mental and emotional support, you can complete the form below and arrange to come in and see us! Don't leave that pain till tomorrow. Don't be alone with your thoughts. We are here to help.

Click here to book now!
LSEMS RECRUITMENT
LSEMS Recruitment Status: OPEN

Do you want to be a part of a team that saves lives? We are currently looking to hire more Emergency Medical Technicians for the LSEMS. Joining LSEMS is a great way to get a stable career, improve your life skills, and most importantly, save others.

Click here to apply now!

MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF EMS
Oh boy, it's February already. Isn't there a meme saying; January is slow, February is short, you blink, and it's May, then summer is over, and it's Christmas? It feels like it may be reality. January has been a good month. We had a few old faces returning to the department and several new ones. We are seeing good numbers of employees on duty and responding to calls at nearly all times of the day, but we still have a long way to go before we can cover the city on a 24/7 basis.

With a new year comes goals and anticipation. As the Chief of EMS, one of my goals is to get the number of employees up to 70 before the beginning of July. We can focus more on rebuilding divisions and the department with this increase in numbers. The reconstruction that I mentioned a few months in a row has been placed on hold as we have seen that the department is not big enough to support such a significant change, but we will reroute back to it if we see that there is an opening.

In the LSEMS, we have noticed a significant rise in shootouts where members of Law Enforcement have been killed. At this point, I am confident that it is a daily occurrence. It is heartbreaking to hear shots fired from the area around the medical bay or desperate calls for help over the department radio alerting us of Code 1. As first responders, we get to know many people and often find people we know among the bodies on the scene. There is not much I can do now to stop the negative trend of shootouts, but I am hoping that someone responsible will read this and maybe think twice before pulling the trigger again.

We are all here for each other, and if you need help, let us know, and we will assist. Do not think that it is dumb or awkward to have feelings, or maybe you feel that the lifestyle you are currently in does not fit you, and you want a change. Multiple programs are created to assist individuals with reformation and therapy to get back into a normal day-to-day life.

If you were able to believe in Santa Claus for 8 years, you can believe in yourself for 5 minutes
Just saying.
CLOSING MESSAGE
Thank you very much for reading this month's press release. We appreciate your support and are happy to see the engagement regarding these releases. Remember to take care of each other!

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other"

Sokka Lazoo
Paramedic | Head of Public Relations

Alex Mpache
Deputy Chief of EMS

Samantha Tenbe
Chief of EMS

Ret. Chief of EMS | 06/MAR/2022 - 03/MAR/2023

Return to “LSEMS Press Releases”