Requested Attorney: Shaun Harper
Charging Department: LSPD
Date & Time of Incident(s): 23/Jan/2023 3:05 PM Approximately
Charge(s):
  • GF03 - Armed Robbery
  • VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
  • Attempted SF02 - Murder of a Gov. Employee
Narrative:
I went to a store to buy something but it did not have it so I left, when we drove away we got pulled over. We got boxed in and my passenger got out of the car and I tried to drive away because I was scared, the vehicle was shot at for no reason. I then crashed into a pole and got out the vehicle, shot 1 or two bullets which hit the floor right in front of me, I was shot down shortly after.

I, Jimmi Valentine, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on 24th of January, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Chief Justice
(909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 21st of March, 2023.

I, Sai Modi, a Prosecuting Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel after the consultation of the Deputy Attorney General and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 364-9436 — [email protected]
► Show Spoiler
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0037, State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0037

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on the 21st day of March, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0037.

At this time the State has adequate representation, however, the Defendant is still seeking representation. At this time the court will delay the Order for Discovery until adequate representation has been assigned and they inform the court they are ready to proceed.

Associate Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 23 of March 2023

I, Shaun Harper, a Senior Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing Jimmi Valentine, in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Director of Training & Hiring
Senior Defense Attorney
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]Image
Paul Sawyer
ECRP Forum Name: Paul Sawyer

Post by Paul Sawyer »

Docket Notice

• Whom it may concern,

I, Junior Defense Attorney Paul Sawyer, will be co-counselling with Senior Defense Attorney Shaun Harper and representing the defendant Jimmi Valentine in this case.

Respectfully,

Paul Sawyer
    Junior Defense Attorney
    575-6715 — [email protected]
[/divbox]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0037

A court order was entered in the above case on the 23rd of March, 2023.

The case of #23-CM-0037, State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0037

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 24th of March, 2023.

The State of San Andreas, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

• Exhibit #1: Arrest Report, LSPD
    Spoiler
    Arrest Report
    Jimmi Valentine Arrest Report - 23rd Jan 23
    Luca Andollini wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:06 pm Image

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
    "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
    • SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Jimmi Valentine
        Phone Number: 2818937
        Licenses Suspended: Yes
        Officers Involved:
        • Police Officer III Luca Andollini
        • Police Officer III Callum Macquoid
        • Police Cadet Igor Kazimir
        • Police Detective I Mike Adams
        Charges:
        • GF03 - Armed Robbery
        • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
        • WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE
      • Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • A 911 call came from cashier about store robbery and detective Adams, immediately called in pursuit of a black Scout (LP: FCKBEAR, RO: Ali Valentine). Seconds later, the scout pulled over. A 10-66 was initiated on the vehicle by 3 units: 4-D-22 (my unit), 4-A-15 (Officer Macquoid and Cadet Kazimir) and 3-V-22 (Detective Adams). The suspects then exited the vehicle going to switch seats, where the hard stop was performed. One of the passengers dismounted - Ali Valentine, withdrew his firearm and started aiming at the officers after multiple times being told to go on his knees. He was shot down. In the meantime, the driver - Jimmi Valentine tried to get out of the block, successfully, but his tire was shot soon and he hit the pole, stalling his engine. He dismounted, withdrew his firearm and started shooting. He was as well successfully shot down. While committing said crimes, he was wearing a mask. The pistol .50 he was using is listed below.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
        Possessions are to be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Legal possessions that can be categorized may be grouped, eg. "Clothing" to describe all clothing items. Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible, the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: Pistol .50 - S/N: 1664456875635; Illegal
          Exhibit B: Face mask

Legal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: GPS
          Exhibit B: Radio - 2929.00 Hz
          Exhibit C: Shades

Photograph of Possessions (MANDATORY)
  • Exhibit #2: Witness statement from officer Mike Adams, LSPD
    Spoiler
    Police Detective I Mike Adam's Statement
    Mike Adams wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:48 pm Image

Official Witness Statement
    Case Information
    • Incident Date: 23/1/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Mike Adams
      Date of Birth: 19/06/1994
      Phone Number: 311-7028
    Witness Statement
    • In my official statement, I would like to report that I was one of the responding units to a call of a store robbery received through Dispatch. At the time of the call, I was in close proximity to the store and arrived on the scene shortly after the call was received. Upon arrival, I observed a black Scout vehicle parked outside the store and, due to the potential danger of a store robbery, I elected to wait for additional units to arrive before taking any action.

Prior to the arrival of additional units, two individuals were observed exiting the store and entering the black Scout vehicle. I initiated a pursuit and all other responding units joined in. The vehicle pulled over shortly thereafter and a 10-66 was issued.

During the 10-66, the individuals in the vehicle switched seats, with the passenger assuming the driver's seat and the driver assuming the passenger's seat in an attempt to evade arrest. However, the units on scene were able to box in the vehicle, rendering it stationary.

I exited my cruiser and drew my firearm, aiming it at the vehicle. At this point, the passenger exited the vehicle and approached me while brandishing a firearm and aiming it at me. In response, I discharged my firearm, striking the individual. I cannot provide information on the actions of the driver during this incident as I was focused on the actions of the passenger.

The individual who was shot was treated and then taken into custody. Due to the high level of adrenaline from the incident, I delegated the responsibility of completing the arrest to another officer on scene.

I hope this information will be enough for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I regret to inform that I do not have any footage saved from the incident on my bodycam, and thus, I cannot provide any video-evidence. However, I hope that one of the other officers on the scene was able to retrieve footage from their body cameras.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Mike Adams, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Mike Adams
      Police Detective I

Date: 26/1/2023
  • Exhibit #3: Witness statement from officer Callum Macquoid, LSPD
    Spoiler
    Police Officer III Callum Maquoid's Statement
    Callum Macquoid wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:52 pm Image

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 23/JAN/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Callum Macquoid
      Date of Birth: 16/MAR/1999
      Phone Number: 560-7208
    Witness Statement
    • I responded to a store robbery, Mike stated he had witnessed the two individuals leave the store and they had begun to flee. They pulled over reasonably quickly and proceeded to attempt to swap driver and passenger around, it was at this point I noticed both were armed. We managed to get a successful box on the vehicle and the passenger hopped out drawing his weapon, he attempted to hold up Mike but was shot down before he could. The driver (Jimmi Valentine) proceeded to attempt to drive off, I heard a shot followed by witnessing the vehicle crashing into a pole/tree. He stalled and jumped out proceeding to draw his weapon and open fire at officers. He was soon neutralised and I had no further part in his arrest or transport.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Callum Macquoid, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Callum Macquoid
      Police Officer III

Date: 26/JAN/2023
  • Exhibit #4: Witness statement from officer Luca Andollini, LSPD
    Spoiler
    Police Officer III Luca Andollini's Statement
    Luca Andollini wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:23 am Image

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 23/JAN/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Luca Andollini
      Date of Birth: 06/JUN/1995
      Phone Number: 530-8359
    Witness Statement
    • On 23rd January, around 14:30 - 15:00 a 911 call came from the cashier at Grove Street Grocery Store. Detective Mike Adams was next to it and saw two individuals leaving the store, entering the scout which he immediately pulled over. We initiated a felony stop on the vehicle, instructing occupants of the vehicle to have the vehicle engine off and remain seated inside the vehicle. Individuals exited the vehicle and went to switch seats. At that time, we saw both of them are in possession of the firearm. I instructed units on the stop to make a hard stop, which we did successfully. After that, now the passenger of the vehicle dismounted, taking out their firearm, running south and starting to shoot the officers while now the driver, turned the engine on and made their way out of the block. At that time, I made decision to aim for the tire hoping that the driver will lose control of the vehicle and hit one of the nearby poles. I fired two shots at the back right tire and noticed vehicle making sudden turn and hitting the pole approximately 50 meters away to the north. The driver then dismounted, went behind their vehicle and opened fire on myself, hitting me two times - once in the arm and once in the leg. ((I do remember myself being hit two times, not completely sure which arm and which leg.)) The driver was then successfully shot down. Their firearm was kicked away and they were then cuffed, treated and their Miranda rights were read. After that, the individual was searched and the firearm's serial was ran through the MDC search. The result of the search did not return any owners of the firearm. Throughout the crimes committed, the individual was wearing a face concealment. The individual was identified as Jimmi Valentine. Their accomplice, Ali Valentine, was arrested as well and they had packed money in their possession.
      Arrest report of Ali Valentine
      Bodycam attached
      ((Bodycam RP))
      ((No footage. RP can be done.))
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Luca Andollini, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Luca Andollini
      Police Officer III

Date: 27/JAN/2023
  • Exhibit #5: Bodycam footage from officer Luca Andollini, LSPD
    Spoiler
    [ATTACHMENT]
    ((
    ))
    Attorney Sai Modi
► Show Spoiler
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

MOTION TO AMEND

#23-CM-0037

A Motion to Amend was filed in the above case on the 24th of March, 2023.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Amend, the original charges with the underlined amended charges.

• Original Charges
    • GF03 - Armed Robbery

• Amended Charges
    • VF01 - Evading an Officer
    • GF03 - Armed Robbery

• Detailed Explanation: Upon examination of the evidence provided from the Los Santos Police Department including the bodycam footage as well as the revision of the defendant's own signed affidavit, I have come to the conclusion that the defendant himself claimed he evaded the police with his own words and I quote: "when we drove away we got pulled over. We got boxed in and my passenger got out of the car and I tried to drive away because I was scared".

Sai Modi
    Prosecuting Attorney

Last edited by Sai Modi on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

#23-CM-0037

A Motion for Continuance was filed in the above case on the 27 of March 2023.

The Defense filed this Motion for Continuance, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: Evidence
    • Detailed Explanation: The Defense is still analysing the evidence.

Director of Training & Hiring
Senior Defense Attorney
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]

Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I will be holding my judgment on the defense's Motion for Continuance until the initial 7 day window for discovery has closed. Should the defense feel they have had adequate time to review the evidence prior to it's close on 30/MAR/2023, then I would ask that the Motion for Continuance be withdrawn.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

MOTION TO AMEND

#23-CM-0037

A Motion to Amend was filed in the above case on the 28th of March, 2023.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Amend, the original charges with the underlined amended charges.

• Original Charges
    • GF03 - Armed Robbery

• Amended Charges
    • VF01 - Evading an Officer
    • GF03 - Armed Robbery
    • GF24 - Perjury

• Detailed Explanation: Upon examination of the evidence provided from the Los Santos Police Department including the bodycam footage as well as the revision of the defendant's own signed affidavit, I have come to the conclusion that the defendant himself claimed he evaded the police with his own words and I quote: "when we drove away we got pulled over. We got boxed in and my passenger got out of the car and I tried to drive away because I was scared". The prosecution would also like to pursue the charge of GF24 - Perjury and shed light on the inconsistent statements that the defendant has made in attempt to mislead the court after knowingly and willfully signing an affidavit under oath.

the Prosecution notes that as per the Defendants' narrative under oath as submitted to the court, the Defendant has knowingly and willingly made clearly untrue statements in his official statement to mislead the court in this trial. In this respect and with respect to the evidence as previously provided to the court, the Prosecution would like to note to the following sentences:

I went to a store to buy something but it did not have it so I left, when we drove away we got pulled over. We got boxed in and my passenger got out of the car and I tried to drive away because I was scared, the vehicle was shot at for no reason. I then crashed into a pole and got out the vehicle, shot 1 or two bullets which hit the floor right in front of me

Please refer to evidence exhibits #1, #2, #3 and #4, in which multiple officer statements alongside the main arrest report showcase that the defendant in fact swapped seats with another individual, and actively shot at the police and NOT the floor.

The Prosecution notes that in case the Prosecution had not been able to present the crystal clear evidence as provided by the Los Santos Police Department as previously presented to the Court, these false statements by the Defendant, which are in a direct relation to this trial, would at the very least have had the potential to affect the outcome of the trial. As such, the Prosecution can only conclude that the action of knowingly and willingly providing these false statements to the court should only result in the application of the charge GF24 - Perjury.

Sai Modi
Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 364-9436 — [email protected][/list]

► Show Spoiler
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Document 1 | Filed 28/3/2023 | Page 1 of 1

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
FOR THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS

• Docket Number:
    #23-CM-0037

Date Filed:
    23/01/2023
    State of San Andreas

v.

Jimmi Valentine

PLEA AGREEMENT

• Pursuant to the case of State of San Andreas v. Jimmi Valentine; Prosecuting Attorney Sai Modi/Roderick Marchisio, Senior Defense Attorney Shaun Harper/Junior Defense Attorney Paul Sawyer, and the defendant, Jimmi Valentine, have entered into agreement, the terms of which are as follows;
    1. Current Charges
      1. GF03 - Armed Robbery
      2. VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
      3. Attempted SF02 - Murder of a Gov. Employee
      4. GF24 - Perjury
    2. Former Charges
      The state shall pursue the current charges listed above, in place of the original charges listed below:
      1. GF03 - Armed Robbery
      2. VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
      3. Attempted SF02 - Murder of a Gov. Employee
    3. Waived Charges
      The state shall waive the rights to prosecute the following charges in the underlying situation:
      1. VF01 - Evading an Officer
    4. General Provisions
      • The defendant agrees to plead guilty to the Current Charges outlined in Section I. The State waives the right to pursue the Former Charges outlined in Section II in regards to this particular incident. The defendant will not be required to pay court fees or associated appeal fees.
    5. Waiver of Rights
      • It is CRITICAL that you read this section of the plea agreement thoroughly. By signing this document, the defendant agrees to surrender certain rights, notably; the defendant may not further appeal charges agreed to within this plea bargain.

This agreement may not be terminated at the discretion of an defendant, the defendant's counsel, nor the prosecution; it may only be terminated by the presiding judge under strict guidelines set forth by the Supreme Court of San Andreas.

By signing this document, the defendant is pleading guilty to the charges outlined in Section I and these charges may not be challenged at a later date.

Sai Modi
    Prosecuting Attorney Sai Modi
    Date Signed: 28/MAR/2023

Shaun Harper
    Public Defense Attorney Shaun Harper
    Date Signed: 28/3/2023

Jimmi Valentine
    Jimmi Valentine
    Defendant
    Date Signed: 28/Mar/2023

Judy Mason
    Honorable Judith Mason
    Date Signed: 30/MAR/2023
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT

#23-CM-0037

A decision was reached in the above case on the 30th day of March, 2023.

A Plea Agreement has been offered to the defendant and accepted by the court. As outlined in the full agreement, the defendant agrees to plead guilty to GF03 - Armed Robbery, VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment, SF02 - Attempted Murder of a Government Employee, and GF24 - Perjury in exchange for the prosecution's waiving of the charge of VF01 - Evading an Officer.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
  • On the count of GF03 - Armed Robbery, I find the defendant, Jimmi Valentine, guilty.
  • On the count of VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment, I find the defendant, Jimmi Valentine, guilty.
  • On the count of SF02 - Attempted Murder of a Government Employee, I find the defendant, Jimmi Valentine, guilty.
  • On the count of GF24 - Perjury, I find the defendant, Jimmi Valentine, guilty.

The defendant is hereby ordered to turn themselves in to the Department of Corrections at Bolingbroke Penitentiary for immediate sentencing as to the GF24 - Perjury conviction.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”