SADOC 2022 - Year in Review

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Department of Corrections
Correctional Officer
ECRP Forum Name:

SADOC 2022 - Year in Review

Post by Department of Corrections »

Opening Message
Thank-you for following along with us during the year of 2022!

Lots has happened during this last year at DOC many staff changes have occurred, lots of progress has been made within the divisions, as well as a few other changes.

As we wrap up the year 2022, we would like to share some of the most notable things that happened. We'll take a look at our Employee's of The Month, Inmate's of The Month, and our new divisions that have opened in 2022.
Employee's Of The Month
Each month at the DOC we like to choose an employee who has gone above and beyond in their work. Here is a list of each "Employee of The Month" during 2022.
  • January - COII Leonardo Latre #727 - Resigned
  • February - Corporal Sean Payne #698 - Resigned
  • March - COIII Adam Norris #735 - Commander, Head of Correctional Field Training
  • April - SCO Issei Ryoshi #760 - Commander
  • May - COII Marc Ericsson #736 - Resigned
  • June - COIII Ghost Mclain - Discharged
  • July - SCO Ace Schneider #804 - Senior Correctional Officer
  • August - SCO Daryl Naumann #809 - Resigned
  • September - COII - Bogdan Beciri #850 - Correctional Officer II
  • October - SCO Jimmithy Jemima #838 - Senior Correctional Officer, Head of Correctional Services
  • November - SCO Galileo Czapiewski #835 - Senior Correctional Officer
  • December - Corporal Jim Hart #841 - Corporal
Notable Promotions

ImageCorporalImage
#841 - Jim Hart

ImageSergeantImage
#825 - Marcos Chandler
#771 - Rock Paz
#431 - Yuki Nakamura (Reinstatement)

ImageLieutenantImage
#738 - Maximillian Speed (Reinstatement)

ImageCommanderImage
#735 - Adam Payne
#760 - Issei Schneider

ImageDeputy WardenImage
#645 - Steve Blata
#646 - Katie Schneider
#663 - Audrey Martin

ImageWardenImage
#521 Kourtney LaFleur
Inmates of The Month
Every month an inmate is selected and interviewed for the "Inmate of The Month" section in our Monthly Press Releases. These inmates are selected by considering many factors including behavior and attitude. Here is each "Inmate of The Month".
  • January - Ryac Dex
  • February - Tak Henkins
  • March - Owen Bauld
  • April - Darius Bivins
  • May - Evan Haze
  • June - Shego Severo
  • July - Ollie Owens
  • August - Klaus Hunter
  • September - Raven Derose
  • October - Terry Vaeseri, Kira Vaeseri and Tadd Vaeseri
  • November - Damian Russell and Frank Raven
  • December - Ivan Ivanovichs
Where Are They Now?
Over the last 12 months, we have had to say good-bye to a handful of our Command+ members. However, we love to check in on them and see how they have been doing since their resignation.
Sean Payne, Ex-Commander wrote:
Ever since I resigned from the Department I have been keeping in close contact with some old colleagues from the department and focusing on advancing my career at the sheriff's department where I am currently a deputy sheriff III.
Marc Ericsson, Ex-Captain wrote:
Since leaving the Department of Corrections, I have rejoined the Los Santos Police Department and have been actively participating in trainings and patrols. While I do miss my time at DOC, I am enjoying my current role and am looking forward to continuing to serve in it..
Solomon Cobb, Ex-Warden wrote:
Upon leaving the SADOC I did some soul-searching and spent time moving between freelance jobs. I settled down in my Paleto church that I owned then and spent a lot of my free time chopping wood up in the Paleto forest and hunting. This was inspired by the DOC wood whacker Stefan Dobrev. After a few weeks, I decided to start to browse for a more serious job and got hired at DCC. This stint didn't last too long as I just felt it wasn't for me so I had a discussion with Commissioner Langley and he said I should join the State Government. I looked into it and decided it could be interesting becoming an Intern.

Solomon hunting during his new found free time

I was an Intern at the State Government for a few weeks but floating around the various bureaus there didn't interest me enough so I wrote a proposal to the Commissioners about a new Bureau, the Public Relations Bureau. This functions effectively like the Public Relations Bureau which I created at the SADOC so I felt it was something I was already skilled at and could benefit the government greatly. So that was me going from intern to director within a few weeks.

During my time as the Director of Public Relations I either set up or improved the Community Letterbox, Points of Contact page, and Newsletters. These all increased visibility to the public and allowed for better communication than what the SASG ever had. I spent a lot of time with public engagement and just getting feedback from people and passing that across the relevant government Bureau leaders to make changes. A notable change I made was when road workers protested about their cars being stolen due to lack of parking and whilst I couldn't get them exactly what they wanted, I managed to get an agreement going with DCC to give the road workers cheaper rides between Legion Square parking and the road worker HQ.

Then it came, the terrorist attack against the Palmer Taylor Power Plant. This was an interesting stage of my career post-DOC as there was a lot of PR work I had to do for it but the notable part of this was during the renovation efforts with SASG alongside the DOC groundskeepers when some rubble fell and injured me, crushing my leg. I had to get it amputated. Many months later, here I am with my new prosthetic bionic leg and in good enough condition to continue work.

After ~1 year working for the SASG, I felt it was time to move on as I had achieved nearly every goal I had set myself and that the public relations of the government was 1000x better than they ever had been. I resigned from my position as Director and took a well-earned break across the country in my camper van.

I came back to Los Santos after the new year and started on my next challenge, LSEMS. And that brings us to today where I am currently an EMR training to become the best medical professional the city has seen! My next goal is to join the BLS division and put my own spin on it so keep an eye out for those! Also if you see me on duty, feel free to ask for some vegan chocolate, I carry a lot around with me to give to all patients.
Question of The Year

What was your favorite part of 2022?
Commander Payne wrote:
Becoming a command member and the Assistant Commander of CERT.
Sergeant Paz wrote:
Favorite moment of the year for me is the time we spend in the weekly meeting each week. So every weekly meeting, where I get to celebrate the accomplishments of others is the top favorite of mine.
Correctional Officer Sands wrote:
My favorite was reinstating back into DOC almost 5 months ago, as I really missed this place.
2022 Additions
SADOC has been very fortunate the last year to be able to develop Bolingbroke so much. The prison is a vast place and Groundskeeping spent a lot of time bashing down walls and building new areas that we use for offices and training.

We expanded the offices and built completely new divisional offices where the heads of any of the 10 divisions at SADOC could find a quiet space to work on their paperwork and have secret meetings.

We expanded our training facilieis to ensure that all Correctional Officers are fully trained for any situation that may arise around the prison.

For almost two years two years we had the same auditorium with uncomfortable metal chairs so we decided that we would refurbish it to make it more comfortable for the weekly meetings.

We have also have the opportunity to expand our arsenal of vehicles.

A Brickade that helps us in HVT transports.

A Kamacho for speeding around for transports as well as allowing quicker off road traversal around the hills of DOC.

The Groundskeeping lawnmower that has been very useful the past year to keep the grass around the prison cut.

An electric Iwagen that makes out ventures outside of Bolingbroke better for the environment.

We have also had the pleasure of introducing 2 new divisions to the DOC within the last year, Correctional Services and the Correctional K9 Division:
Correctional Services
Correctional Services (CS), is bestowed with the responsibility to provide secure and safe environment for both the requesting party, possible guests and the general public, CS also have the privilege of providing a "Sergeant-at-arms" for the House of Representatives, they are charged with protecting the entire section of the building reserved for the San Andreas Congress & the House of Representatives, This includes developing a response plan to any threats should it need to be enacted. The Correctional Services Division is divided in three types of duties: Bailiff duties, Sergeant-at-arms duties and general Correctional Services duties.
Correctional K9 Division
The Correctional K9 Division (CK9D) utilizes K9 units to provide more efficiency and security to duties within the prison. These duties can include but are not limited to: Searching for Contraband, Patrolling the Grounds, and Therapy applications for our FRD and PSYCH divisions. We have a handful of K9 units that are highly trained in patrols, and are working on trainings for Detection or Therapy. Image
Statistics
Wow what a great year! We've only been tracking stats for a few months but the numbers look great!
  • Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Reinstatements
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
    Total Trainings completed
    Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
    Total Requests
    Tours Conducted
  • Duty Reports
    Processing
    Code 1s
    Force 6
    Solitary
    Duty Reports
Monthly Processings
Although we only tracked our statistics for a few months, we have been tracking our processings YEAR ROUND!
Look at those numbers! What a great year. Here is a list of each months top visitor to the DOC.
  • January - Cameron Boreland
  • February - Lidor Perez
  • March - Ansel Snow
  • April - Billy Man
  • May - Billy Man
  • June - Bruce Lynch
  • July - Billy Valentine
  • August - David Theangel
  • September - Kaydon Garza
  • October - David Theangel
  • November - Scott Banks
  • December - Johnny Ganja
Yearly Reviews
    This year the SADOC has received a KELP review of

Here are some reviews from inmates:

"Felt like I was overstaying my welcome, but they wouldn't let me go home."

"The staff had a tender touch when patting me down and I was always left wanting more."

Closing Message from the Warden
    Wowee what a year!
    We had a lot of new toys and properties added to the SADOC in the past year that have really helped up with our operations. I'd like to think of 2022 as the expansion year.
    Looking ahead to 2023 we are looking to prioritise on our Correctional Services and Felon Reformation Division as we believe these are the two key divisions that will help with rehabilitation of inmates. If you are interested in assisting with rehabilitation in any form then please reach out, we are always happy to work with other departments and business!

Kourtney Lafleur
    Warden
    San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
    Marcos Chandler
    Sergeant, PR Command
    San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”