[Press Release] National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Timothee Olsen
ECRP Forum Name: Icarus

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

Post by Timothee Olsen »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
January 9th, 2023
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY
    -

• A law enforcement officer is an official employee of any rank who has chosen a profession that puts their life on the line daily for their community. They prevent and detect crime, including responding to public service calls that are often demanding and unappreciated.

In the state of San Andreas, we have multiple Law Enforcement agencies such as the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos Sheriff's Department, San Andreas Department of Corrections, and the San Andreas Judicial Branch. Today, Monday, the 9th of January, is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, and it is time to highlight the individuals in our state that put themself at the front line every single day so our loved ones can go to sleep safely every night.

Being a Law Enforcement Officer is not an easy job, and I want to take this opportunity to highlight some of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department employees. See below for personal interviews with some of our deputies.

Deputy Vincent Anderson

What motivated you to join the Los Santos Sheriff's Department?
    My motivation to join SD was mainly as my brother is a police officer, and I wanted to be like him. I first joined the Los Santos Police Department, but after about 4-5 months, I heard many great things about SD and decided to transfer as I would enjoy SD a lot more. I have always wanted to be a Law Enforcement Officer and help people. I had a tough childhood and saw many people poorly treated, and no one helped them. I wanted to grow up to be the one that allows the people that no one else notices.

What does being a Law Enforcement Officer mean to you?
    For me, being a law enforcement officer means helping people who can't help themselves. Some people are too scared to ask for help or are in the wrong spot, and it is our job to notice them and give them the help they need. It also means to be willing to put your life in danger to protect others and the city and county. We take criminals off the streets, ensure they get what they deserve, and serve their sentences.

Deputy Tom Brown

Several reasons motivated me to join the Sheriff's Department, such as having a strong desire to help others and to serve the county to make it a safer place. Coming from the Los Santos Police Department, I already had a background in law enforcement, but I wanted to take on a different challenge and seize the opportunity to work in the county.

Being a law enforcement officer means a lot to me, as I've devoted a lot of time and effort to trying to better the community and make it safer for civilians. I also enjoy working as part of a team, and being out on patrol with deputies gives me purpose knowing that I can be there to help them. It has been a long-term plan of mine to join the K9 division, which I have now started training for. Working with an animal, or I should say partner day in and day out has been something I've wanted to do for a long time so I'm glad I have the chance to experience it.

Deputy Amelia Clark

When I was reinstated to the Los Santos Sheriff's Department in October 2022, I had goals that I wanted to fulfill, such as becoming a member of the Sheriff's Information Division, the K9 detection team, and the Detention and Parole Bureau, allowing me to assist and support at a wider ranger. I have since met my goals, and I am permitted daily to help individuals in distress and parolees to reform and integrate them back into our society.

To be respectful and understanding of individuals that you come across no matter what the situation is. Of course, I have a job and a law to enforce, but behind each action is a person needing assistance and support. When things have calmed down after a scene, and I am in charge of inmate transport, I like to create an area for the suspect to speak freely about the situation and how they feel. Not everyone wants this, but the ones I have done it for always thank me later... I think that's what it means to be a law enforcement officer.

Deputy Cole Richardsun

I just wanted to help the community; I used to be a manager at the Downtown Cab Company, and many times, drivers complained about being robbed on and off shift. Especially with their cars being pick locked at DCC itself.

Respect for the citizens, whether they disrespect me or not.

Deputy Dusty Grimes

I wanted to work more in-depth with the community and to help the community as I know that some people don't appreciate law enforcement, so I thought, one day, I could make a difference and get the community to respect and work together with law enforcement. As a part of this community, I want to be that change. Obviously, I can't do it alone, but I wanted to add to the good side of law enforcement.

Someone who is a role model and a perfect citizen. Not only someone who upholds the law but also someone who is an example of the law. To be a positive role model and someone to follow. Also, to guide those who need guidance, follow the force continuum, and protect those who need protection.

Deputy Lewis Reed

I was motivated to join this great family of hard-working men and women because I wanted to know what it was like to have co-workers that would be willing to lay their life on the line for mine. I had never felt like that before, and once I came to the department, I instantly felt a sense of family. I have always looked up to all kinds of police, whether it be Sheriff's Department or the Police Department. So when I saw that there was an opening at the Sheriff's Department, I knew it was my time to do something more significant than I ever had in my life. I joined up, and I felt like I belonged; it felt like home. I will always do my best to serve this great city, protect the citizens and lay my life on the line for my fellow deputies.

For me, it means being honest, hard-working, and having the compassion to realize that even criminals have feelings, family, and people that love them. They are human, and I know I will strive to do the right thing.

Deputy Seth Cincaid

It is probably the same reason as everyone that serves the force has, to make this beautiful city a lot more safe and as nice to live in as possible for everyone around.

It means that on one side, I am a person that upholds the law and enforces the law. It's not a question of me wanting to go after a suspect, but I have to do it. On the other hand, being in law enforcement, I can be a role model as a law-abiding citizen. On the one hand, I am helping to enforce the law, but on the other hand, I am nothing more than a civilian who wants to make his way out there.

Agent Colin Quinn

I used to be a part of the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services, and I often saw the dangerous things that law enforcement officers had to deal with, like the calls and pursuits, so I wanted to be there to stop those things from happening in the first place. I want to make sure I can serve the state of San Andreas. LSEMS was reactionary, and we went to help when it was over, but I wanted to be there from the start to prevent it.

It's being there for people when they need us. We are constantly responding to calls from people in distress, and people who need help. For me, it's about being there and helping. I am an Agent in the Detention and Parole Bureau, so I have more things on my mind, such as parolees. So I don't only help the civilians on the outside, but I also support the people on the other side of the bars by giving them parole and helping them turn their lives around and become better people.

Deputy Kasper Hansen

I joined the Sheriff's Department in early 2020 because the crime rate was very high then, and I had been both witness and victim of armed robbery. I applied for the sheriff's department and thought I would transfer to the LSPD as soon as possible, but I guess I haven't reached "as soon as possible" just yet.

To me it means that I get to wield a lot of power. A power that I am very conscious of and aware that can cause a lot of damage. So I do my best to wield it in a way that promotes freedom, safety, and stability in the local community. I hope the citizens of San Andreas will judge me on my actions and also be able to forgive me for my wrong-doings. To see that behind a metal badge, there is a heart of flesh.

Investigator Anthony Parr

I have one reason off the record... I'm a proud man from Luton in England, where the crime rates are pretty high. I was also fascinated by the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau and how everything gets conducted. I joined the department with the primary goal of joining the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau to deal with crimes and organized crimes that lays over the city.

Being a law enforcement officer means protecting the county and the entire San Andreas, whether it is a local crime like a break-in or an organized crime like drug trafficking. Overall, as law enforcement officers, I think our job is to crack down on all these crimes and protect the county to the best of our ability.

Deputy Gustavo Waltz

I can confidently say that my motivation for joining the Department was simple: a love for justice and a desire to serve and protect my community. I also needed a change from Los Santos City's urban scenery. But let's be real; the uniform didn't hurt either. It's the ultimate fashion statement, to be honest. It's like being a superhero but with less spandex. All jokes aside, it's a great honor to be able to serve and protect the citizens of Los Santos County, and I am grateful every day to be a part of such a dedicated and hardworking team of deputies, even my brother Hans.

To me, it is a privilege to be able to serve and protect my community and uphold the laws. It is a responsibility that I take very seriously and one that I am committed to. Being a deputy or Law Enforcement officer is not an easy job, but it is a rewarding one. It allows me to make a difference in the lives of others and to contribute to the greater good, make a change or a dent in an unfair world. I am proud to be a part of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department, and I am committed to continuing to serve my community. May he lead us to greater accomplishments God bless Sheriff Kirk !
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Deputy Sheriff III Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”