December 2022 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

December 2022 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the December 2022 Press Release!
We're currently in the process of taking down all of the Christmas decorations at Bolingbroke but we still have time to publish this press release.
It has been a busy month with many festive events, including our special End of Year awards.
December has always been a very busy time at SADOC. We act like Santa Claus all year round and give the inmates a lot so we always try and go a little bit extra at Christmas.
I hope you enjoy reading the December Press Release!

Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month December 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My achievements would be corporal and joining CERT

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
MY next goal is to become Command

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Join DOC because you die once and live everyday.

End of Year Awards
A few days ago we hosted our end of year awards to celebrate the accomplimshnents of the year as well as remembering those we've lost!
The event started with the mention of the late and great Warden Solomon Cobb who sadly passed away this year.

He reigned over the SADOC from May 2021 to January 2022 where he stepped down, became a cab driver then ultimately became the Head of PR at GOV.

With the help of a very special friend we put together this memorial video.

We then had a very special guest unveil the new DOC expansion that has been rumoured now for years! (Not really, we would never blow up the DOC and move it to an island. Unless...)
And finally I put together a special video:

And finally, here are the results of the polls!

Special mention goes to the most important award of the year, Best Ginger:
Won this time by Issei Schneider!
Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two women meeting with a man
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Ivan Ivanovichs

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • To make a good life for me in the future, I mean to be just wealthy.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • All the atmosphere here and most of the workers are really cool, they have good stories to tell.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Time in here passing really slow because there is not a lot of activates to do here besides talking and mining ores.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I would add more jobs here to get money or reduce jail time for the specific work, because sometimes all the ores are mined when there are lots of people.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • I would do it so there will be no women working near the cells and only heavily armed and prepared for-fights guys would work in the cells.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • I miss the old people in here not like today all the young people sitting in here for stupid reasons like calling someone something mean, It's stupid to get in a jail like that.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • I'm not going here so often because I know the reasons that could end letting me be here, if I'm here it's mostly because I didn't think about my actions.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • Don't be stupid, think ahead.

DOC x LSEMS Training
    • The San Andreas Department of Correction recently completed a training session with the Los Santos Emergency Service on the proper procedures for transporting inmates to MD for further treatment, such as surgeries or treatments that our CMT divisions are not trained to handle.

During the training, LSEMS employees had the opportunity to participate in mock transport drills, allowing them to practice and familiarize themselves with the transport formation and procedures. This hands-on experience was valuable for both DOC and LSEMS staff, as it allowed them to work together and ensure that they are prepared to handle any potential medical transports.
        1. Overall, the training was a success and we are grateful for the opportunity to work with LSEMS to improve our skills and procedures. We believe that this training will greatly benefit the inmates in our custody, as it will allow them to receive the necessary medical care in a timely and efficient manner.

We appreciate the cooperation of LSEMS during this training and look forward to working with them in the future.
        Employee Ajustments
        • Image LieutenantImageCaptain
          • #736 Marc Ericsson
        • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
          • #825 Marcos Chandler
          • #771 Rock Paz
          • #431 Yuki Nakamura
        • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
          • #841 Jim Hart
        • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
          • #804 Ace Schneider
          • #863 Lucy Cash
          • #733 Gavin Sands
        • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
          • #870 Tessa Fallon
          • #751 John Tegans
          • #871 Randy Lee
          • #872 Chase Carter
        • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
          • #887 Jamie Monopoly
          • #888 Julia Chedhamenou
        • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
          • #878 Steven Kane
          • #855 Jessica Winger
          • #886 Atlas Donovan
          • #242 Reina Moraine
          • #884 Joshua Styles
          • #889 Tony Vicenzo
          • #893 Emery Higglebottom
          • #892 Anthony Higglebottom
          • #891 Jack Goodnight
          • #894 Richards McMayor
          • #899 Rick Young

• REINSTATEMENTS
          This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.

ImageCorrectional TraineeImageSenior Correctional Officer
          • #701 Leonardo Harris
          • #835 Galileo Czapiewski
        • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
          • #795 Andrew Bryant
        Correctional Officer Spotlight

This month we selected Senior Correctional Officer Gavin Sands to be awarded the Correctional Officer Spotlight. Since his reinstatement, Gavin has been doing a fantastic job. He works hard completing a lot of Groundskeeping work orders and he also does really well in his general duties.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
          The moment I remember the most while serving at DOC is my first ever hostage situation, i remember being a fresh trainee and the only other officer on duty was taken hostage. I practically shit myself and begged PD and SD for help and ever sense then I've learned to have my head on a swivel.
          Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
          In three months time I hope to be a decently high rank officer that is able to leave a positive impact on not only the inmates but the new officers of DOC as well.
          What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
          My favorite thing about working at DOC is how tight everyone's bond is. I fell like everyone knows everyone and that everyone will do anything to protect one another.
        Phone Calls
            When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
            Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
              Promotions
              Demotions
              Suspensions
              Resignations
              Terminations

Recruitment
              Total Applications
              Accepted
              Denied
              Pending
              Reinstatements
              Withdrawn
              Number of Academies
              New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
              Total Trainings completed
              Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
              Total Requests
              Tours Conducted
            • Duty Reports
              Processing
              Code 1s
              Force 6
              Solitary
              Duty Reports
            Recruitment Status
            Recruitment
             ! Message from: Human Resources Command
            Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
              • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
            • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
              • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
            • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
            • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
            • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
              • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
            • Additional Requirements:
              • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
              • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
              • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
              • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
            Closing Message from the Warden
            And that ends our December 2022 Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find contact information just below here.
            It has been a very busy month and I think we're all glad that the new year will start a bit slowly compared to December (and that the Christmas trees are all taken down). December has always been a fantastic time for reflection and at the same time looking forward to the new year.
            2022 was pretty fun and we are planning to make 2023 even more fun! Happy New Year!
            Kourtney Lafleur
            Warden
            San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
            Marc Ericsson
            Captain

[email protected]
              Adam Payne
              Commander, Public Relations Promoter