LSPD Awards for Bravery

LSEMS Monthly Press Release | October 2022

Post by Samantha Tenbe »

Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
LSEMS Monthly Press Release | October 2022
Tuesday, November 1st, 2022
"One Team, One Mission, Saving Lives"

INTRODUCTION

Well, a very good day to all of you, there have been some fabulous promotions this month, including another appointed director, however this time it is for the Director of Administration. We have had 4 divisional heads appointed and 12 rank promotions.
A busy time for LSEMS. As with any job we see employees that come to a time where they feel they must move on, it is indeed sad to see them go, but typically understand that they want a change or maybe head onto a new path. This is ok as we know when there are downs there are ups and in this case, it is with new EMRs who would like to begin their new career in LSEMS, if it is you who is thinking of a career path then please do come to see if LSEMS is for you!
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH | OCTOBER 2022
Master EMT | Joshua Crane

Master EMT Crane was hired into the LSEMS in late May 2022 and passed his EMT Certification a few weeks later. Since day one, EMT Crane has shown hard work and dedication toward every task he has conducted and the services he has provided. In the middle of October 2022, he was appointed Assistant Head of the Advanced Medicine Unit and is currently assisting in developing the division to the best it can be.

I am proud and happy to have EMT Crane working for the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services and I know he will reach his goals in the times moving forwards.

OCTOBER 2022 RANK ADJUSTMENTS
Paramedic
Sokka Lazoo

Master EMT
Ally Quinn
River Winters
Joshua Crane
Jessica Winger

EMT-A
Tiffany Brent
Mathew Stockton

EMT-I
Niko Yamada
Ace Schneider
Vincent Anderson

EMT-B
Kris Specter
Deji Hernandez
DEPARTMENT UPDATES
Director of the Office of Administration

spacer
Lead Paramedic Jay Paige wrote:Since reinstating to LSEMS in April of this year, I have had the pleasure of taking on new challenges and divisions daily during the course of my career. The Office of Administration has always held a special place in my heart. It is where the public eye meets the internal and it has been a constant cycle of improvements and changes to best get out the many opportunities the citizens of Los Santos are presented with when they choose a new career here.

My time in the Recruitment and Employment Division is something I will not soon forget and I am beyond excited to fold in another aspect of my career as the Director of Administration. Not only do I get to continue working on something I've built from the ground up, but I get to see it continue to thrive in the hands of a woman who has poured her heart and soul into her job.

I am honored to work more closely with not only her but Paramedic Lazoo, who now runs the Public Relations Division and I look forward to opening up the BLS division for another head, as LSEMS has countless members within it who have untapped potential and will excel at the challenge. I am certain together we will continue to not only ensure LSEMS is a great place to work but achieve new heights never before seen.

Assistant Head of the Advanced Medicine Division

spacer
Master EMT Joshua Crane wrote:I’m glad to be taking on the position of Interim Assistant of AMU, it feels great to make some changes to a division that I have a lot of passion about. I have some ideas planned out for the division and I plan on ensuring every citizen in San Andreas is able to get a doctor in their time of need. I want to focus on providing the best possible medical care for all of my patients moving forward and making sure the division is up to my standards.

Interim Head of the Field Training Division

spacer
Master EMT River Winters wrote:I was deeply honored to be selected as the Interim Head of Field Training- teaching has always been my passion and to be afforded the opportunity to lead such a vital division within LSEMS was beyond my wildest dreams when I first joined the department earlier this year.

As it stands, my main focus for FTD is taking what currently exists and developing a division that remembers what it's like to be new to the job, making sure everyone who wishes to pursue a career within LSEMS is provided a sturdy foundation on which to build so perhaps one day they, too, can find themselves in the same position I am.

Over the coming weeks and months, I plan on making several changes to ensure our newest EMRs to come have all the information and skills they need to excel at their job. There will be new phases implemented, an overhaul of the existing handbook, and a few other minor tweaks by the end of the year to start off 2023 with a bang.

With the amazing members already in the division, I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Interim Head of Public Relations

spacer
Paramedic Sokka Lazoo wrote:Public Relations is a foundational division of LSEMS. There are many key branches to being within PR such as maintaining fruitful relationships with other businesses and government jobs. On top of this, it is also fundamental to ensure we show how hard we all work. This is by ensuring the press releases are testaments to the LSEMS and how we look to the public.

Our viewpoint on our relations with the public is significant, however, looking in is also important. This is because it is important to me personally to ensure everyone from EMR's to High Command are happy and working at their highest potential. How is this ensured in PR? Event Planning, showing time to have fun, relax, and even promoting our fabulous career and divisions.

I look forward to this upcoming challenge and I am going for it headstrong. I am very pleased to be working alongside our new Director of Administration and ensuring that Public Relations remains the strong foundation it is.

Head of the Recruitment and Employment Division

spacer
Lead Paramedic Emilia Thalmer wrote:The Recruitment and Employment Division is a fundamental division of the LSEMS, one without which the department would not survive for long. As such, it is no easy job to lead it, but I believe that, with the help of its excellent members, I can build on the strong foundations that the former Head of RED, Jay Paige, has laid down.

I have already started reviewing our internal and external documents, and thinking of changes to implement that should make both the hiring process, and the management of employees as smooth as possible. At the moment, I am focusing on two main points, which were brought up by Master EMT Winters after I reached out for feedback. The first of them is improving the way we schedule our interviews in order to prevent delays in the hiring process; the second one will be providing reformed felons a chance to turn their life around by joining LSMES. We have had a process in place for a while, but I am looking into ways to make it clearer, both for potential applicants and the members of our division.

Last but most definitely not least, I am looking into providing a positive and motivating environment, not only for the members of the RED but also for all employees and applicants in general.

Overall, I am very excited to see how the division can be improved with the help of its amazing members.
Crisis Response Unit
CRU (Crisis Response Unit) is an extremely important division and has a vital role to play as an LSEMS Division. With that in mind, we would like to share a little about how you can take care of your mental health and state.

- We all live with worries and fears, uncertainties, losses that leave us sad, and pressures that make us feel stressed. Nature can have a really calming effect on us. We have been living around other animals and plants for thousands of years. Some people say nature helps them feel calmer, more hopeful, and less alone.

- Feeling very upset can interfere with our lives, making it hard to think clearly or work, relax, study, sleep or deal with other people. It often helps to give our feelings our attention without judging them, without telling ourselves we’re stupid or weak to feel the way we do. It may seem strange and uncomfortable to do this. But practice and patience with ourselves will help.

In CRU We listen and offer our hand, if you wish to, take it and we will help.
"Battles are not fought alone, lead the way and we will follow after

BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSES
LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN

Learn how to give basic treatment and provide life-saving aid!

Click Here to VIEW the BLS Course Schedules

*Subjected to background check*
RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: OPEN

Applying for the LSEMS Ride-along Program is a great way to see firsthand exactly what the Emergency Medical Services do. You will be paired up with one of our friendly staff members who will take you to calls that range from minor injuries to major accidents.
Apply for an LSEMS Ride-along!
Click Here to check the status currently.

REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
LSEMS Appointment Status: OPEN

You are able to book an appointment with our staff, whether that be a doctor for physical problems you may have or our therapist team for mental and emotional support, you can complete the form below and arrange to come in and see us! Don't leave that pain till tomorrow. Don't be alone with your thoughts. We are here to help.

Click here to book now!
LSEMS RECRUITMENT
LSEMS Recruitment Status: OPEN

Do you want to be a part of a team that saves lives? We are currently looking to hire more Emergency Medical Technicians for the LSEMS. Joining LSEMS is a great way to get a stable career, improve your life skills, and most importantly, save others.

Click here to apply now!

MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF EMS
I feel like I am repeating myself every single time I have to summarize the passing month. The Los Santos Emergency Medical Services are constantly in development, and this month has been something different.

We received a new Director of Administration, 4 new divisional command positions, and 12 EMT Promotions. I am so proud to see every single employee working hard to achieve their goals. They are the true backbone of the department and I would not be sitting here without them. I am lucky to be in a position where I am allowed to listen to an employee speak about their ideas and help them understand it's possible.

With the LSEMS Leadership team at my side, I am able to focus on developing and reworking the Departmental structure and open up more possibilities for those who wish to take them. Without saying too much, the LSEMS we know today will not be the same in the months moving forwards. An extra eye has been laid on the Fire Department and how to further implement it into the department, allowing more positions to open up.

Also, here is a joke you can bring to your next party!

I don't find health-related puns funny anymore since I started suffering from an irony deficiency

CLOSING MESSAGE
Thank you very much for reading this month's press release. We are appreciating your support and are happy to see the engagement regarding these releases. Remember to take care of each other!

" When we hit our Lowest Point, We are Open to the Greatest Change."

Samantha Tenbe
Chief of EMS

Sokka Lazoo
Paramedic | Head of Public Relations

Ret. Chief of EMS | 06/MAR/2022 - 03/MAR/2023

Return to “LSEMS Press Releases”