Press Release October 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release October 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the Spooktober Monthly Press Release. This month has been especially gruesome. (That's just a pun, everything has been fine!)
In standard SADOC fashion, we decorated far too early this month which confused a lot of people.
Thanks to the amazing Public Relations team we have added a few new sections to the monthly press release, such as the statistics and officer spotlight, that hopefully become regulars so that we can showcase a lot of different things about the department as a whole.
I hope you enjoy reading the press release!
Employee Of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month October 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I would say being trusted with leading the Correctional Services Division and for believing in myself for working my way up to the rank of Senior Correctional Officer.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My current goals are:
  1. To be promoted to Corporal.
  2. To lead and make Correctional Services one of the best divisions at the SADOC.
  3. To work my way and the division ranks and to be promoted to "Senior Instructor" in CFT.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Ask questions; never be afraid to ask questions (but do watch out for the ginger one as she can be scary sometimes!). But in all seriousness never be too afraid to ask questions to your superiors, although they can feel and look intimidating don't be afraid!

Correctional Officer Spotlight

This month, we selected Correctional Officer II Lucy Corelle to be awarded the Correctional Officer Spotlight! Lucy joined us here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections on the 25th of September. During her time as a trainee, she did an amazing job getting all of her training done and showed that she is very determined when it comes to her work. Since joining, she has joined the Felon Reformation Division and has been doing an amazing job there too.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
    There are many, but I would say one night when there was a situation where there was about to be a fight between two inmates, I suggested playing hide and seek in the yard instead. We all had real fun, and no conflict appeared!
    Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
    I see myself as a Senior Correctional officer or higher, hopefully having a few Felon Reformation Program (FRP) Graduates as well as helping more achieve this.
    What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
    The ability to help people to get a chance to have a better life, and to show them that kindness goes a long way!
Cancer Awareness Event
  • We had a Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser this month on the 8th. We had some food entertainment and a display of different DOC vehicles painted in pink. To gather donations for the fundraiser, we had a raffle for a pinked out Kamacho with the custom License Plate "FKCANCER."
        A total of 175 raffle tickets were sold within the hour of which they were being sold and a total of $1,100,000 was raised from the raffle. The lucky winner of the Kamacho was Aya Kasumi and we are sure she is happy with her prize. We would like to thank everyone who attended the event and those who made donations. A special thanks goes out to Chief Tenbe and the LSEMS who donated $200,000. All of the donations were donated to a charity for cancer research and we hope that they will go a long way.
          Visitation
          Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
          Two people meeting with an inmate
          Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
          There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
          • No physical contact
          • No whispering
          • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
          • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
          For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
          Inmate Of the Month

Terry Vaeseri , Kira Vaeseri , Tadd Vaeseri

Since October is a special month we decided to do a special inmate of the month and feature this trio. Whenever these three are in the cellblock together, it is always a good laugh even though they cause some trouble sometimes

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
          • Why do you do illegal things?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: Because I hate Jack, I do illegal things to make them mad.
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: Because PD cant catch me but SD can sometimes
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: Cause It really gets my blood pumping and I like to go YEEEEEEEHAWWWW!!

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: Probably that me Tadd and Terry have our own cell. And Galileo is my second favorite thing about DOC.
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: My favorite thing is in a list which is in this order: Kourtney, Galiileo, Reggie, Jimmithy and the fact that I get to be a DJ in my own cell.
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: I come here a lot and every time I come here the guards are always nice and always have smiles on their faces and I like when I drop the soap.

• What's your least favorite thing?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: PD shows up sometimes and they are assholes
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: I can't drive fast when I am here
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: It is a lot harder to kidnap people when I am in here.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: I would make Jack B not be able to enter the DOC, I wish there were more to do, it gets boring sometimes I don’t just want to hit rocks all day, and I wish Kourtney would be around more she is a G.
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: I would make the sentencing time for felony evasion shorter.
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: I would make it so that I should be given the tools to do a prison break from the start.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: I would let everyone out of their cells and set them free!
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: I would throw a massive rave and give everybody LSD and I would let people race around the DOC in lawnmowers.
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: I would imprison Jack and charge him with a life sentence and keep him in solitary.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: I really miss the sweet touch of Jack arresting me when I am in jail.
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: I miss being fucked up on LSD and going fast as fuck in my car.
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: I miss dear husband, my friends my family

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: Because Jack has a hardon for arresting us and sometimes we mess up in SD territory and SD is actually decent at their JOB
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: Because Braton and Alex are good drivers
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: I can't think of anything that would put me here!

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
          • Kira Vaeseri wrote: Jack is a sex Offender and all of SD can catch these hands
          • Terry Vaeseri wrote: I would to say, I want to know if Gordon knows where Doctor Jekyll is and Try to catch me Mike!!
          • Tadd Vaeseri wrote: Ms. LaFleur sucks about your partner FAT L bozo

Question of the Month
          Question of the Month - What is your most and least favorite thing about your job?
          Deputy Warden Audrey Martin wrote:I think the most favorite thing about the job is the trainings honestly because we actually try different stuff and we learn from them and it helps us improve.

The least favorite thing I would probably say is inmates just being annoying.
          Senior Correctional Officer Rock Paz wrote:For me personally, I feel like the favorite is I get to improve myself and be with people I can strive to be or maybe learn from as well.

For the least, I would say inmates who have bad jokes.
          Senior Correctional Officer Jimmithy Jemima wrote:The best part is how friendly and kind people are, and also the adrenaline that you get when there is a situation that you need to react to quickly and fast.

Least thing would maybe how annoying and dumb some people are, we get a lot of inmates and for the most part they are fine and manageable, but you get some really bad apples that make you question the education system.
          Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#864 Hukaz Zidane
          #865 John Eiffel
          #869 Alia Jet
          #871 Randy Weaver
          #867 Paul Eiffel
          #822 Cornelius Higglebottom
          #872 Chase Carter
          #868 Derek Paterson
          #873 Randy Carnage

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
          #751 John Tegans
          #812 Alexa Perol
          #733 Gavin Sands
          #863 Lucy Corelle
          #862 Reggie Hoaggs

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
          #815 Harold Bohannon

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
          #841 Jim Hart
          #838 Jimmithy Jemima

ImageCororpalImage
          #825 Marcos Chandler

ImageSergeantImage
          #809 Daryl Neumann

ImageLieutenantImage
          #736 Marc Ericsson

ImageCommanderImage
          #735 Adam Payne
          #760 Issei Schneider
            FRD Reformee Highlight
            • Back in September, an ex-felon by the name of Sara Valentine joined the Felon Reformation Program. In her first meeting, she expressed her interest in joining LSEMS, one of the many companies FRD has partnerships with. We reached out to a representative at LSEMS and we were able to create a program that allows reformees to go on ridealongs once they have completed their third meeting within the program.

During her time in the program, Sara always made her meetings on time and showed a constant interest in her journey to reformation. After 7 weeks in the reformation program, Sara successfully passed it and she is now currently employed at her dream job LSEMS, making her the first person to go through the reformation program and get a Job there.
                How are you feeling? Does doing this Program Help you be calmer about your future?
                Sara Valentine wrote:I feel pretty excited about it all, to be honest, It's been some weeks, fun enjoyable, and exciting. I was honestly a little nervous with the whole MD event too. With all the people from MD, I mean that day at the hospital. But yea it went pretty great. So yep I guess I feel happy and excited to start at MD.
                  Do you feel more relieved about completing your meetings?
                  Sara Valentine wrote:I didn't really feel nervous about these meetings after the first one, so I'm not feeling relieved as if it's a burden I'm released from haha. To be honest they were very enjoyable. I'm happy that I had them to progress toward my career, but I'll miss the company a bit.
                    Do you feel like this Program was a waste on the path to help you work for LSEMS or not?
                    Sara Valentine wrote:Not at all, quite the opposite actually. Without this program, I don't think I would've been even accepted into LSEMS.
                  Phone Calls
                      When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                      Bye Bye Sophia
                          Back in April, we took on the responsibility of being the permanent home of a very dangerous individual by the name of Sophia Falcone. She was a resident here at the DOC for around five (5) months during which, she caused a lot of issues and was involved in a number of hostile situations.
                            October 1st was Sophia's last day here at the SADOC. Arrangements were made for her to be transported to a new prison somewhere in the city of *Redacted*. A large transport was arranged to transport Ms. Falcone from the San Andreas Department Of Corrections to the Los Santos International Airport.
                              This transport was a joint effort between us, some of our CERT operatives, and GOV GSB to ensure the safety and success of the transport. Once the transport arrived safely at LSIA, GSB locked off the airport, so that Sophia and multiple CERT officers could be safely loaded onto the awaiting aircraft.
                                Sophia was transported via helicopter to an offshore aircraft carrier where we left her with a second transport team, who would take her to her final destination.

Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
                                Promotions
                                Demotions
                                Suspensions
                                Resignations
                                Terminations

Recruitment
                                Total Applications
                                Accepted
                                Denied
                                Pending
                                Withdrawn
                                Number of Academies
                                New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
                                Total Trainings completed
                                Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
                                Total Reuests
                                Tours Conducted
                              • Duty Reports
                                Processing
                                Code 1s
                                Force 6
                                Solitary
                                Duty Reports
                              DOC Green Initiative
                              DOC has recently launched a Green Initiative where employees can get reimbursed if they purchase a bike and cycle to work.
                              We are taking constant steps to make Bolingbroke a greener place!
                              Recruitment Status
                              Recruitment
                               ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                              Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                              • Age: Must be over the age of 18 and no older than 55.
                                • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                              • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                                • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters. ))
                              • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                              • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
                              • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                                • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                              • Additional Requirements:
                                • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                                • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                                • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                                • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                              Closing Message from the Warden
                              And that ends our October Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here. The end of the year is approaching far faster than any of us realise but we still have a lot of fun prepared for the coming months.
                              Stay tuned!
                              Kourtney Lafleur
                              Warden
                              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
                              Marc Ericsson
                              Lieutenant
                              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
                                Marcos Chandler
                                Corporal