Public Inquiery [Citizen]

Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Public Inquiery [Citizen]

Post by Olivia Valentine »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I understand the current policies regarding gun licensing allows for people to apply for a reinstatement for certain crimes after 3 months and for other crimes after 18 months. I also understand the weight of the crimes are completely different, but does that truly amount for a difference of 15 months? Could you please provide an explanation as to why you would make someone wait for so long besides quoting the severity of the charges?

((GTA RP has been around since 2015 and it only started to become seriously popular around 2019 to 2020. Meaning you're literally asking someone to wait for almost half the time that they would've been in the city just to get a gun license. That ratio is ridiculous especially if you made a mistake on your character when you first got into the city.))

Not only that, but I find it very hard to believe that most felons have not been charged with something in this list:
      Spoiler
      I think it's high time for LSPD to get on the same train that the rest of the city appears to be on (DOC, DCC, Weazel, Bayview with the felon reformation program). It's time to start understanding that people can change and they shouldn't have to wait 18 months to prove it. ((This is a game and half the people don't even play for a year and a half.)) It's time to start being more forgiving and understanding when it comes to criminals.

I suggest waiting for 6 months instead of 18. This would allow for people who made a mistake in their life to at least still have a hope of obtaining a gun license ((before GTA 6 comes out)). I would love to see the city take a turn for the better when it comes to reforming criminals. Give them something to work for, something to hope for, so they don't end up returning to the criminal life over and over again.
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Public Inquiery [Citizen]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear @Olivia Valentine,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost.

This section is used for inquiries and requests for meetings, comments, press conferences, and so forth. While we do appreciate your suggestion, this board is reserved for members of the public and the press to utilize at their convenience to obtain information and gain insight into specific situations, protocols, regulations, and so on.

The Los Santos Police Department is given the responsibility of regulating firearms permits, meaning, changes are made internally by the Los Santos Police Department and the subsequent team of Staff Officers, Command Staff, and Divisional Command, and are not open to speculation or suggestion at a grander scale.

The Los Santos Police Department has an entire unit dedicated to assisting citizens from every walk of life situated under the Media Relations Division, the Community Relations Unit. Allowing felons to have quicker access to firearms in hopes to reform them is not the way the Los Santos Police Department is willing to go, and should anyone seek assistance with their path to reformation they may ask for any Community Relations Officer, or any Officer for that matter at any Police Station in Los Santos for assistance. This request will be archived in 24 hours, and should you have any further questions or requests, you may file another inquiry.

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Re: Public Inquiery [Citizen]

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Public Inquiery [Citizen]

The Los Santos Police Department's Firearms Licensing Division implemented Form C in conjunction with the Board of Commissioners, if not per the directive of the Board of Commissioners to support the rehabilitation of individuals convicted of serious offenses in their past. As confirmed by Commissioner Samuel Osborn on July 13th, 2020, the Form C application process is backed by strict regulations and requirements that were stated would not be loosened.

Individuals convicted of crimes that disqualified them from Form A have the opportunity to go through Form B, granted the crimes for which they were convicted were not violent in nature or a felony, and the applicant passes a background check by the Gang and Narcotics Division to rule out any potential affiliation to a criminal organization.

While the Los Santos Police Department is responsible for the licensing process behind personal firearms and the enforcement of such, the requirements that accompanied Form C in its implementation in the middle of 2020 were introduced in conjunction with the Board of Commissioners, just as Form C itself was.

As such, any further inquiries pertaining to Form C and its requirements specifically should be directed at the Board of Commissioners.

I thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
    Assistant Chief Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”