Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2022

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Martin Haswell
Master Deputy
ECRP Forum Name: Homast

LSSD Awards

SAJB Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2022

Post by Martin Haswell »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    Another year, another summer. We're now officially in autumn, and the Sheriff's Department is moving along smoothly.

I'd like to recognize the efforts of our wonderful Recruitment and Employment Division which through hard work and dedication from both application handlers and academy instructors, recruited enough individuals which allowed two academies to be held, bringing in the biggest batch of Trainees for all of 2022, since September 2021. This is not only a great thing for the Sheriff's Department, whose experienced Field Training Deputies will all be given an opportunity to mentor new trainees, but also for the communities of the state, who will be seeing a great number of new deputies patrolling the streets for the next few weeks.

For October, the Sheriff's Department has no major changes in store, we plan on continuing as we always have, putting the people first, and improving our department bit by bit. I'd like to encourage you, the reader, to visit https://joinlssd.net, and apply for our Ride-Along Program and get a first-hand experience of our department, our wonderful employees, and understand what it is that we do, and help us shape the Department to become better.

As a final note, I'd like to remind you that October is a festive month, but for some, it may be less festive than for others. With Halloween around the corner, I'd like to ask for understanding and respect for others and their boundaries. The Sheriff's Department will be here to assist you, and others, all throughout the season, as per usual, and we'll do our best to resolve any potential conflicts that may occur.
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Agent Colin Quinn

Agent Colin Quinn initially joined our department in October of 2021 after a successful tenure at Los Santos Emergency Services. Unfortunately, on the 15th of May 20202, he decided to leave us for personal reasons only to reinstate on the 9th of June 2022 and ever since then, he has been a valuable member of our department.

Over his lengthy tenure at our department Agent Quinn has been part of many different divisions, including the Special Enforcement Division, Air Support Division and recently, the Detention and Parole Bureau. Over the last couple of months, Agent Quinn has contributed significantly to the Detention and Parole Bureau, undertaking five paroles, which is impressive and maintained the Bureau's presence gracefully in the county. During the last month, Agent Quinn has successfully participated in detention operations that brought in six dangerous felons. Additionally, he has logged significant hours of surveillance work for various intelligence targets. Last but not least, the agent has been active with his Bureau's training duties conducting multiple training sessions for new members.

Agent Colin Quinn has demonstrated hard work, resilience and fortitude in his Bureau and G.O.B. duties. For the reasons aforementioned and a lot more, he is hereby awarded the title of the Deputy of the Month for September, as well as a monetary bonus of 100.000$

STORY OF THE MONTH

• This month, the Sheriff's Department was proud to assist our neighboring towing and mechanic company, Bayview Auto Center, as they hosted their public community event on September 24th. Keeping the event safe was a department-wide effort, and the Executive Staff of the Department was very proud to see how quickly, efficiently, and determined our Sheriff's Deputies were on this day.

The Department's Highway Enforcement Division efficiently deployed several Traffic Deputies to aid the company with establishing safety and traffic barriers around the streets of Paleto, allowing the company to safely host their go-kart race while keeping both contestants and spectators safe.

Our Recruitment and Employment Division also took this opportunity to set up a tent at which they were able to connect and share information with individuals who visited the event.

Aside from other various specialized divisions and bureaus that attended, we also had general field staff who patrolled the area in both vehicles and on foot, keeping the event grounds safe and free from danger. Overall, the event was a major success, allowing Bayview to get lots of recognition from civilians, and allowing our Department to demonstrate our vast capabilities.

Following the success of this event, our Highway Enforcement Division's Command Team has established a new area in our public website, taking inspiration from the Police Department, where anyone can request the aid of the Sheriff's Department for future events in the county. Read more about Special Event Applications here..

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

This month, we are pleased to announce that Lieutenant Charlie Wilkinson has been awarded the Deputy spotlight of the month!

Lieutenant Wilkinson was part of the initial bunch of deputies to join the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau nearly one year ago and played a significant role in its success. Over the past year, he has succeeded Now Commander Groyce in the Advanced Training Division as the Commanding Officer. Lieutenant Charlie Wilkinson is a prime example of when hard work and dedication pay off.

Below you will find a quick interview about his tenure in the Los Santos Sheriff's Department.
    When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department in April 2021, having transferred over from the Bone County Sheriff's Department near Las Venturas.

What is your favourite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?

At this point, my favorite thing about being an employee of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department is seeing my fellow Deputies thrive and develop their skillset further and further. Being the Commanding Officer of the Advanced Training Division as well as the Head Academy Instructor for the Recruitment and Employment Division, I get the unique opportunity to see and assist Deputies with developing and learning from the moment they receive their badge and through their entire career in the Department.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?

I have the most fond memories of many of the various partnered patrols that I undertook with our very own Sheriff Bobby Kirk, although I wouldn't be able to pick a single moment out as my favorite or most memorable one.
    We have great responsibilities as sworn employees of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and we have a large influence on many lives on the daily. Every moment is as memorable as the next.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?

I was already a Deputy Sheriff in my time before the LSSD, so it was natural to me to submit a transfer request when I had to move to San Andreas for family reasons.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?

As an Investigator within the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau, I have to say that the greatest feeling is when a case is being concluded and individuals are brought to justice and being held accountable for their actions after a long investigation where everything came together to unveil the truth at the end.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?

Having recently been promoted to the highest rank within supervisory staff, I see myself in much the same position in two months from now. I will continue to focus on my divisional work within the department and hope to deliver the same level of high performance as I have up to this point.

What do you like doing outside of work?

I am a car collector and I am always looking to expand my collection with rare and unique automobiles. I also enjoy jazz.

PROMOTIONS

• Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
      • Christopher Porter

Image Investigator III ►Image Lieutenant
      • Charlie Wilkinson

Image Field Agent ► Image Senior Agent
      • Wiley Reno

Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
      • Jimmy Solicetto
      • Colt Smith
      Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
      • Zero Hunter
      Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
      • Bunkie Johnson
      Image Master Deputy ► Image Investigator I
      • Colt Black
      Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
      • Harvey Sutherland
      Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
      • Peter Stanford
      • Anthony Parr
      • Thomas Dawson
      • Hans Waltz
      Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
      • Quentin Johnson
      • Alester Carter
      Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
      • Robert Ledger
      • Gordon Hyde
      • Kane Charlson
      • Owen Langley
      • Milo Quinn
      • Owen Jones
      • Marco Rivera

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • Question of the Month - If there was one thing you could ask the citizens of the state to do, to better help our job in protecting and serving, what would it be?

Captain Steve Smyth
    This is a difficult question to answer, but mostly, this job is really a two way street. The best advice I can give to any citizen is that they should treat law enforcement with the same level of respect as they would do with any of their friends and family. We are understanding individuals, who must endure the weirdest situations you can imagine on a daily basis. This can vary from a nice old lady who is simply lost and can't find their way home, or a man who is unfortunate enough to find himself in a sticky situation where he thinks he is now a wolf for the rest of his life. Remember that, when a Deputy responds to a call, they might be having a great day, but they may also be having an awful day, where some crazy individual dressed like a character from Lord of the Rings has been racking their brain asking about their next quest and how to level up, at the front desk of Paleto station.

Morale of the story is, remember that we are human beings as well, and we will do our best to deal with most situations we come across, and sometimes we do make mistakes. But, our best interests are always that of all citizens, and we will do our best to help you, if you give us enough space and respect to do so. Also, don't forget to look after all your animals, and report any sightings of UFO's you see immediately to the SAAA, they will appreciate that.
    Sergeant Jimmy Solicetto
    I think if the citizens of the state can assist us in helping us do our job is by simply calling 9-1-1 when they see a crime. They may think that we aren't seeing their call for help or if they report a crime, but we always do and always are there. Here in the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department we strive in protecting our county and the surrounding areas and helping all the civilians we can. So if you ever see a crime, make sure to call 9-1-1 and provide the most details you can without getting yourself hurt!
    Agent Filmore Grayson
    In my years of serving Los Santos as a deputy and as an agent I have observed our citizenry do many acts of goodness and I’ve seen the marginal percentage do bad things. In order for our citizens to help us do our job, I’d ask them to continue to help one another. The more we the people help one another in desperate times, the less we will see our fellow man commit criminal acts out of desperation to get more money. Another thing that would help us is more initiative for citizens to do their part, to say something if the see something!
    Deputy Sheriff II Alester Carter
    Understand that we are here sworn to protect citizens and uphold the law. Our agenda is to try and work with you through any scenario with courtesy and professionalism. By being honest, open and cooperative, we can come together to make sure situations are efficient, safe and without complication. We are here for you but we also must do our jobs and while it’s not always going to be a beneficial interaction for all parties, it is intended to always be handled with respect.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Sergeant Martin Haswell
    (909) 568-9567 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”