MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPDONLINE.NET
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Saturday, October 1st, 2022
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

- -
  • -
OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role model.
    -

Police Officer II Rija Luigi first joined the Los Santos Police Department following her graduation from the Los Santos Police Academy on the 9th of July, 2022. Upon graduation, Officer Luigi enrolled in the Field Training Program and passed the Field Training Program, and was subsequently promoted to Police Officer I on August 11th, 2022.

On the 14th of September 2022, Officer Luigi was upgraded to Police Officer II, during which her primary focus remained on standard patrol as a Patrol Officer of the Mission Row Patrol Division.

Officer Luigi has shown her capabilities and valuable contributions to the Department through her extraordinary efforts as a patrol officer and through her endeavors in the Media Relations Division and the Firearms Licensing Division. What is more, Officer Luigi has recently become a Field Training Officer, taking on the responsibility of educating, guiding, and shaping the new generation of Los Santos Police Officers.
    Sergeant I A. Olsson wrote: I recommended Police Officer Rija Luigi for the award last month as well, and since then, she has been able to maintain her performance on the field while taking a further step to take out Cadets during our recent influx and improving her administrative work (151 submissions in the past 30 days). Officer Luigi also makes a great effort to get to know and learn from everyone in the Department, and I have personally witnessed her on several patrols with many different officers and cadets.
    Sergeant II A. Schill wrote: Officer Rija Luigi has always been extremely thorough in her fieldwork, making sure that every call is thoroughly investigated and paying special attention to her not only her fieldwork but administrative/paperwork as well. She files some fantastic duty reports detailing her patrols along with putting in fantastic effort on all her other optional and non-optional reports.

Officer Rija Luigi often goes above and beyond to see to it that cadets are being taken out and will do so herself, sometimes even going on a 3-man patrol to make sure all cadets are being seen to. I feel with her hours, her record last month, which continues into this month, and all the reasons for which Sergeant Olsson has very meticulously laid out, that this Officer is a fantastic candidate for this month.
    Captain I G. Hunter wrote: The Commanding Officers of the Mission Row Patrol Division wholeheartedly agree with the above statements. I have witnessed Officer Luigi do her utmost best and make every effort while working with Cadets and performing very highly in the field and her administrative duties. She also receives constructive criticism very well, taking on board any instructions and fixing any potential issues immediately.
    With the statements provided by her direct supervisors, it is not a surprise to see Police Officer Rija Luigi awarded the most prestigious award in the Police Department.

For that, the Los Santos Police Department wishes to congratulate Officer Luigi on her performance and the recognition thereof during the month of August by the issuance of the Officer of the Month award, which is an award that signifies universal commitment and excellence as an officer.
EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Detective III ► Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Josh Durry
    Image Police Sergeant I ► Image Police Sergeant II
    • Max Draco
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Detective I
    • Hector Mayfield

-
    Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Callum Macquoid
    • Luca Andollini
    • Ax Spencer
    • Oli Green
    Police Officer I ► Police Officer II
    • Bella Taylor
    • Rija Luigi
    • David Wood
    • Silas Black
    • John Ramsey
    • John Keys

Police Cadet ► Police Officer I
    • Vincent Anderson
    • Jason Stafford
    • Coral Lafleur
    • Austin Thieman
    • Johnathan Macc
    • Valkyrie Winger
    • Terry Foster
-REINSTATEMENTS AND TRANSFERS

• -

-
    Reinstatements
    • Mike Adams
FEATURED EMPLOYEE

Police Officer II Lucas Draco has been selected by the Media Relations Division as the Featured Employee for the month of September.

Officer Draco became employed with the Los Santos Police Department on the 22nd of August, 2022. Though the start of his employment with the Police Department is recent, he is not new to a career in law enforcement, having previously served with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for close to nine months.

Having previously held the rank of Deputy Sheriff III as a Field Training Deputy and an Operator of the Special Enforcement Division, Officer Draco now serves as a Police Officer II with the Los Santos Police Department's Gang Enforcement Detail.

Police Officer Rija Luigi of the Media Relations Division has interviewed Officer Draco both personally and in relation to his position as an officer of the Los Santos Police Department.

Tell me a bit about yourself outside of the Department!
    Right now, I am fortunate enough to be able to dedicate a large amount of my time to my profession. In my free time, I enjoy relaxing in my apartment and socializing by going out with my friends or getting a bite to eat.
    What does a typical day look like for you?
    On a typical day, I would wake up around mid-day, get myself ready and then begin commuting to work from my apartment. I usually work approximately 2-4 hours a day at varying times.
    How do you deal with stress and burnout?
    Personally, I deal with stress well, and usually when I am under pressure or stressed, it can improve my productivity and focus. However, whenever I feel burnout, I try and take a vacation or some time off with some well-needed rest before I return to work. Being a police officer can be very demanding at times.
    What was your biggest thing to adapt to after your transfer from the Los Santos Country Sheriff's Department down to the Los Santos Police Department?
    There were many similarities and also differences when I transferred to the Police Department, the overall job when on shift was similar during regular patrol work, however, the main difference was the environment of being in the city rather than the county, everything is a lot denser and fast-moving in my opinion.
    What inspired you to pursue a career in law enforcement?
    My father sparked my interest in Law Enforcement at a very young age, he was employed in the Sheriff's Department for around 15 years before I moved away with my brother to start a new life here, due to my father always being involved in Law Enforcement I decided to follow in his footsteps.
    What do you find most challenging about your job?
    There are many challenging aspects to the job, such as the danger that officers are subjected to on a regular basis, as of writing this, a large number of officers were shot at last night when pursuing a gang-affiliated individual, this comes with the job hand in hand.
    What would you say is your greatest accomplishment as a law enforcement officer?
    Personally I think my greatest accomplishments are yet to happen. I like to think about the future and the long-term, I hope to progress in the Department and contribute positively to the division that I choose.
    What advice would you give to someone considering a career in law enforcement?
    My advice to someone who is considering a career in Law Enforcement would be to just go for it, sometimes people may be intimidated due to the nature of the job, however, the Field Training Program makes sure that all Cadets are trained and get the experience needed to become an officer.
    Is there anything you'd like to share with the people reading this interview?
    The main piece of advice that I would give to someone would be to set goals whether that be short-term or long-term and work every day to achieve them.
STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    Ride-Along Reports
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Insufficient Evidence to Adjudicate
    Withdrawn
EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    6 | 5.77%
    1 | 0.96%
    1 | 0.96%
    4 | 3.85%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief
    Image Deputy Chief
    -------------------
    6 | 5.77%
    3 | 2.88%
    0 | 0.00%
    0 | 0.00%
    3 | 2.88%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    8 | 7.69%
    3 | 2.88%
    5 | 4.81%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    6 | 5.77%
    3 l 2.88%
    3 | 2.88%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    9 | 8.65%
    1 | 0.96%
    1 | 0.96%
    7 | 6.73%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    52 | 50.00%
    4 | 3.85%
    17 | 16.35%
    20 | 19.23%
    11 | 10.58%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    17 | 16.35%
    17 | 16.35%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees
CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for September. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

* The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”