Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2022

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Martin Haswell
Master Deputy
ECRP Forum Name: Homast

LSSD Awards

SAJB Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2022

Post by Martin Haswell »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis
    As another month passes, I'd like to thank all of the hard-working men and women of the Sherriff's Department. This month has tested us all and pushed limits, yet we continue to face all challenges with the utmost effort and determination. It is my firm belief that the citizens of the county have never been in a better position to receive the absolute best response from our Department. As crime is on the rise, our response and action has to rise too, which we have been undoubtedly able to do this past month.

Recently, we all experienced a very unique challenge for the first time. A city-wide blackout, affecting not only us, but the entire state. Not only did we have to respond to the threats that caused this blackout, but we also had multiple challenges as a result of not having power. Despite these challenges, we stayed strong and did everything possible to still be there for the citizens of our county. We still fought crime each day and we didn't let the lack of power get in our way. I'd like to thank everyone from the LSSD for their bravery and commitment during this difficult time to ensure the people of our county stayed safe.

Finally, as we now slowly get back to normality as far as the power is concerned, I ensure everyone that we will stop at nothing to make sure that something like this never happens again.
    Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff I Alester Carter

For the month of August, The Sheriff's Department hired many new and great Deputies. Of which, a few of them thought the lifestyle wasn't for them and decided to respect the time of the department as well as their own time. Of our new batch of Deputies, one stands out in a major way.

Deputy Sheriff I Alester Carter hit the ground running, making every effort possible to do right by his supervisors, and by those who surround him in the field. By no means is he perfect, as perfection is impossible, but by god does he work for it.

In his first 2 weeks, Deputy Carter had put in nearly 140 hours of work, showing dedication, commitment, and loyalty to his department, and not once has he complained about feeling burnt out or broken from doing this.

We approached Deputy Carter with one single question to perhaps peel away at the layers of this hard working man, This was his response:
    Question: What drives you to do what you do every day?

Deputy Sheriff I Alester Carter: I just do this because I love helping people. That's what drives me. I try to help out the people of the county in any way I can, be it big or small.
    We applaud Deputy Carter for his simple, yet admirable goal and we look forward to seeing what each member of the department brings to the table for the month of September

STORY OF THE MONTH
  • This past month, The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department faced routine problems for any Law Enforcement Agency across the country. These past few weeks however, things were different. The LSSD, amongst the other government agencies across the state, were faced with an unprecedented situation. We faced a large scale terrorist attack, leaving power outages across the state and causing mass amounts of fear, anxiety, and confusion.

In the immediate hours following the explosion, emergency crews scrambled to figure out several things, chief among which, was making sure that vital triage and medical centers were safe and operable. While we cannot provide exact details about the situations, The LSSD SED made sure that nobody was attempting to steal vital lifesaving supplies from Pillbox Medical Center. While tactical teams were doing this, the LSSD Sheriff's Investigation Bureau got to work trying to put together the pieces of what happened, and who did it. The Detention and Parole Bureau also worked alongside the Department of Corrections to make sure that each and every Prisoner was accounted for, and that nobody was attempting to escape captivity.

The coming days proved to be a test of patience, courage, and wits, as emergency crews continued their vigilance and eventually, members of the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau found a lead that they could work off of. Sending LSSD SED into the fray to scoop up sensitive targets.

One of those who were caught, admitted to the bombings, and the chaos caused. and has since been kept in a secure facility.
    Let this serve as a warning to those of you who wish to follow in their footsteps: We will come after you, We will catch you, and We will have you pay your dues.. To those of you who know more about the situation. Trust us, We know more than you think, It's only a matter of time before you slip up.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

This month, We wanted to take a look into the mind of some of our recent transfers from the LSPD, and as such, we decided that Deputy Sheriff III Gustavo Waltz was the man to pick for Deputy Spotlight

Deputy Waltz transferred from PD a couple of months ago, and since then, he has excelled in his G.O.B. and divisional duties. His performance in R.E.D., in particular, cannot go unnoticed. Gustavo Waltz is a very experienced Law Enforcement officer, for years in PD and now offering his experience in the LSSD, we urge all Deputy Sheriff Trainees to try and partner up with him, surely, they will benefit from his vast experience. Finally, we are looking forward to his future endeavours with great interest.

The Sheriff's Information Division reached out to Deputy Waltz to get a greater insight into him as a person and for the public to get to know him better.
    When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I have joined Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on June 1st, after resigning and transferring from PD.

What is your favourite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?

I think that the most favorite thing in the department would be my colleagues. The team we have here is the best, all the people working in the department are really cool and supportive people, which leads to another favorite thing - opportunities. Everyone works as a team and creates a good environment for people to grasp and seek career, and there are a lot of tracks we can take.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?

I will always remember June 1st. I joined the Department and saw everything new. The most memorable moment is friendship that was shown to me, that I never received. High command or cadet was the best friend from the day one. I remember quite clearly when something flicked and switched, department and colleagues became the best friends to me, it was heart-warming moment and I will always remember it.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?

My story of becoming a deputy is kind of interesting. I have been in Los Santos Police Department for 1 year and 6 months and never wanted to become a deputy. But things changed as my career path was blocked, and I couldn't achieve, nor I was let to achieve anything. I have contacted Sheriff Bobby Kirk and asked if he would let my dishonorable discharge go for me to take an opportunity of transfer. I was given permission and was offered a rank of Deputy Sheriff III, which suited my career goals.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?

Heat, jokes aside, the company of the best colleagues. You come on shift and get a lot of positivity out of everyone. Radio does not stop joking, and people seem to be relaxed and at the same time professional.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?

I see myself among the Investigators. I have been already part of Gang Field Unit and helped Investigations Bureu out many times. Now I am seeking career in this specific bureau, hoping to be part of it already in two months.

What do you like doing outside of work?

On my free time, I hang out with my brother Hans, and we drive around the state spending money we earned. Mostly investing into real-estate and collecting classy cars, such as Casco Lampadati - my favorite one.

PROMOTIONS

• Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Garret Groyce
    Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Ian Walter
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Jimmy Solicetto
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Colin Quinn
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Colt Black
    • Michael Fontana
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Dave Spencer
    • Harvey Sutherland
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Jack Handley
    • Anthony Parr
    • Louise Hoffman
    • Zachery Pines
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Quentin Johnson
    • Maurice Skillen
    • Alester Carter
    • Lily Quinn

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • Question of the Month - How has the recent influx in Terror related incidents affected you on a personal level?

Captain Noah Carlile - Overall, the tremendous amounts of terrorism we have faced as a county has been awful. Life was gray for a few days and we all learned the amounts of evil sprawling in this city. The last week has changed me as a person.

After hearing that these so called terrorist roll around in animal masks, I found myself avoiding trips to petting zoos. I live in constant fear and anxiety that one of these low-level minded scums will attempt to blow up high populated areas, so that is why I took it upon myself to avoid animals. This even drove me to take all the active-patrolling K9 dogs to the vet to ensure one of them was not a phony. But this is life, taking the extra precaution to ensure my safety.

Additionally, I have been attending church more regularly (...) in attempt to get God's hand in protecting our land. This whole incident has put us all in a state of terror. We will make it through.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this months installment of the LSSD Newsletter. We know things have not been easy for anybody this past month, and going forward, we want to build a friendlier rapport with the community. If you need help on the side of the road, feel free to wave us down. If you feel as though someone's been acting shifty in your neighborhood, Shoot your favorite deputies an email.

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department is here for you first and foremost, and we will do all that we can to get everybody off of this ledge of nerves, anxiety, and hate that we've all been on. It's time to heal the county, and more deeply, our state.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Sergeant Martin Haswell
    (909) 568-9567 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”