MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - AUGUST 2022

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPDONLINE.NET
Los Santos Police Department
Monthly Newsletter
Thursday, September 1st, 2022
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

- -
  • -
OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role model.
    -

Police Officer III+1 Joseph Sanchez first joined the Los Santos Police Department following his graduation from the Los Santos Police Academy on the 26th of July, 2021. Upon graduation, Officer Sanchez enrolled in the Field Training Program and passed the Field Training Program, and was subsequently promoted to Police Officer I on August 19th, 2021.

On the 28th of September 2021, Officer Sanchez was upgraded to Police Officer II, during which his primary focus remained on standard patrol as a Patrol Officer of the Mission Row Patrol Division. On the 27th of January 2022, Officer Sanchez was upgraded to the rank of Police Officer III and pursued his interest in the Metropolitan Division, being reassigned to the D Platoon (SWAT) on the 1st of March, 2022.

Throughout his career, Officer Sanchez has proven himself a valuable member of the Los Santos Police Department and many of its crucial divisions and processes, with a priority focus on his involvement in the Recruitment and Employment Division, in which he has taken on both the position of academy instructor and lead recruitment officer.
    Deputy Chief P. Sanchez wrote: Police Officer III+1 Joseph Sanchez has on multiple occasions proven his dedication to the department and citizens of Los Santos through his consistent outstanding efforts toward his primary duties within METRO and also his responsibilities as a training officer. Furthermore, Officer Sanchez goes above and beyond for the development of the department by playing a key role within the Recruitment and Employment Division. Officer Sanchez shows great potential as a future leader of the department as his passion and dedication are uncontested. It is a pleasure working with such a dedicated and driven individual and I trust his efforts will continue as his career grows within the department.
    For that, the Los Santos Police Department wishes to congratulate Officer Sanchez on his performance and the recognition thereof during the month of August by the issuance of the Officer of the Month award, which is an award that signifies universal commitment and excellence as an officer.

Moreover, not only has Officer Sanchez been nominated and voted by Police Supervisors and Command Staff as the recipient of the Officer of the Month award, but through selection by the Field Training Division, he will also be the recipient of the Field Training Officer of the Month award this month.
    Field Training Command wrote:For the Field Training Officer of the Month, Field Training Division Command would like to congratulate Police Officer III+1 Joseph Sanchez. Officer Sanchez has continually submitted highly detailed reports on his training sessions, consisting mostly of evaluations.

EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Sergeant I ► Image Police Sergeant II
    • Alex Schill

-
    Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Jack Bezrukov
    • Kyle Brandon
    • Ace Butoslav
    • Mike Luigi
    Police Officer I ► Police Officer II
    • Matt Betts
    • Nick Harris
    • Bobby Heat

Police Cadet ► Police Officer I
    • Silas Black
    • James Boxer
    • Anthony Gray
    • John Keys
    • Rija Luigi
    • Mark Sloan
    • Jackson Steel
-REINSTATEMENTS AND TRANSFERS

• -

-
    Reinstatements
    • Alexander Olsson
    • John Styll
    • Jack Mickelson
    • Jonathon Richardson
    • Jordan Foran
    • Vincent Anderson
    • Christopher Roman
    • Austin Thieman

Transfers
    • Lucas Draco
FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Police Lieutenant II Kilo Crosby has been selected by the Media Relations Division as the Featured Employee for the month of August.

Lieutenant Crosby is a seasoned veteran of the Los Santos Police Department, first joining the Department in April of 2017. His primary reasoning for pursuing a career in law enforcement with the Los Santos Police Department was to, as a team, ensure that the City of Los Santos is well-taken care of, with a heavy focus on the importance of the communities of the city.

Having previously served as the Assistant Chief of the Los Santos Police Department and retired in December 2018, Lieutenant Crosby returned to the Los Santos Police Department in the month of June, 2020.

Police Officer Rija Luigi of the Media Relations Division has interviewed Lieutenant Crosby in relation to his position as a Lieutenant of the Los Santos Police Department.

What inspired you to pursue a career in law enforcement?
    I will admit I never really knew what I wanted to do when I was young and growing up I was always a people pleaser. From my school days trying to make my parents proud to my first job as a cashier at 24/7 Supermarket. Something that always brought me joy was seeing the smile on others, but I knew that wasn't going to keep the lights on. As I got older I wanted to make more of an impact on those around me, while being able to make a decent living. Doing something that meant I could make a difference in someone's life, not just their day. I am the first in my family to get into law enforcement. It has been the best decision I have made, and I love every minute of it.
    What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful police lieutenant?
    A level-headed individual, someone who will be able to remain calm throughout a stressful situation. Sometimes this job can be tough to know all the answers and being honest with others and ourselves, especially when we might need guidance. Last but not least is dependability, we as supervisors are often in charge of multiple tasks on a weekly basis and others rely on us to get the job done, efficiently and properly. Failing to do any of these will not only have an impact on the department but the city as well.
    What do you think are the biggest challenges you face in your role as a police lieutenant?
    Without hesitation, adaptation. Since my time in 2017 I have seen so much and let me say nothing stays the same. Everything is temporary, introducing and educating ourselves on new topics is what allows us to be so successful. Being open-minded to changes is something that has to happen. As Albert Einstein once said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    What do you think is the most rewarding aspect of your job?
    Seeing the people around me succeed, I have witnessed those who I was once teaching exceed in their role and the goals they set for themselves. But the police academy will hold a special place with me. It has been where I had the most interactions with new cadets and showcase what the Los Santos Police Deparment really has to offer. It is amazing when you can play a small part in someone's career.
    What are your thoughts on community policing?
    This often gets lost in the day-to-day news. I feel law enforcement and the citizens go hand and hand with one another. As we all want to see a striving city that flourishes year after year with economical and societal growth. But I have seen the city divided at time after time again. We all should be taking small actions, playing our part to bring our relationship closer as a whole. I appreciate the many events that the Los Santos Police Department will host or assist with. We highly encourage citizens to utilize our Ride-Along Program we have to offer, and never be afraid to ask a police officer any questions you might have.
    What do you think is the most effective way to reduce crime in our communities?
    I think it's hard to narrow that down, it's a team effort no doubt. T.E.A.M. for me stands for Together Everyone Achieves More. But police officers are training consistently and improving daily. We also encourage citizens to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something.
    What do you think is the best way to build trust between the police and the community?
    Transparency and Accountability. The hurtful truth is sooner or later there will be a police officer who performs poorly, and it is important to reprimand those involved. Letting things slide is not an option. Follow that with being honest with our faults, and owning up to admit, yes I have done wrong, but I will correct my mistake to ensure the next time I do not make that same choice.
    Do you have a motivational message for people that are interested in becoming a lieutenant one day?
    Learn everything you can at the lower ranks, offer to take lead on as many situations you come across, and try to answer as many questions that people ask you. Stepping into the supervisor rank is like saying you are ready for anything and everything. That's just impossible, but practice, train, educate yourself as much as possible early on and prepare for that time when you get the job offer.
STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    Ride-Along Reports
    * These reports are currently not tallied
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Insufficient Evidence to Adjudicate
    Withdrawn
EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    6 | 5.66%
    1 | 0.94%
    1 | 0.94%
    4 | 3.77%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief
    Image Deputy Chief
    -------------------
    6 | 5.66%
    3 | 2.83%
    0 | 0.00%
    0 | 0.00%
    3 | 2.83%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    7 | 6.60%
    3 | 2.83%
    4 | 3.77%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    6 l 5.66%
    2 | 1.89%
    4 | 3.77%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    10 | 9.43
    2 | 1.89%
    1 | 0.94%
    7 | 6.60%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    52 | 49.06%
    5 | 4.72%
    16 | 15.09%
    22 | 20.75%
    9 | 8.49%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    19 | 17.92%
    19 | 17.92%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees
CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for August. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.
Assistant Chief E. Blake wrote: I want to take this moment to provide a brief, personal note on the closing message for the monthly newsletter of August.

I wish to congratulate all officers on their advancements within the Department this month. Being an officer within the City of Los Santos is not an easy feat. It is quite the contrary. Advancement within the Los Santos Police Department means a good standing within the Department and good work performance, meaning that all officers that have seen advancement throughout the month have most certainly deserved it.

Furthermore, I wish to congratulate Officer Sanchez on his recognition as both the Officer of the Month and the Field Training Officer of the Month. Nominations for the Officer of the Month award are put forward by our supervisor team and later voted on by supervisors and command staff. Being selected through this process to be provided with the award is a sign of excellence.

Lastly, I want to extend my appreciation and gratitude to my officers within the Media Relations Division. Without Police Officers Luca Andollini, Gina Willow, Belle Cavallera, Rija Luigi, and Thomas Pennyworth, the publication of this newsletter would not have been possible.

Thank you for reading our newsletter.

Assistant Chief Elena Blake
  • * The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”