Press Release July 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release July 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the July 2022 Press Release. This month has absolutely flown by. We have spent most of it reworking a lot of old internal policies although we can't exactly disclose them here. On top of that we have had another yard extension and expanded a few divisions.
We focused on a few interdepartmental events such as a surprise Code 1 Drill and a Rally Event, both of which can be seen below. We also recently started the first SADOC Scavenger Hunt which we will cover in next month's press release.
We hope you enjoy reading this months!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month July 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Honestly just being an honourable and genuine officer. Just being able to support my colleagues and improve upon myself on a daily basis. DOC has brought me a long way, and we aren't done yet.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My goal has been and always will be, to get to the supervisor team. Being able to serve with my colleagues and make society a better place, by helping the inmates we receive on a daily basis and try and help them for the better.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
SADOC has genuinely been the best decision i have made for myself, it has taught me a lot about myself that even I didn't know about, it changes you, in a great way. So honestly trust the process, and if you have any desire in joining us here, do it. I promise you it will be the best decision you have made.
Inter-Departmental Code One Drill

• On Saturday 16th July 2022, there was a large inter-Department drill at which all of the departments in the state came together to deal with the situation at hand. Around 7 PM that day Cheif Tembe from the LSEMS make a department radio stating that there was a large explosion at the construction site next to Weazel news and requested everyone to respond.

Our warden Ms. LaFleur along with our High Command team helped in some way in the setting up of this drill and she also planned the mock training for our CERT officers that day.
    Kourtney LaFleur wrote:Prior to the event, SADOC High Command was involved in two meetings regarding the drill that occurred. One was around a month ago and the other was a week before the event took place. In the meetings we discussed locations, what would occur and what each department would be doing. SADOC obviously usually stays at home protecting inmates so I suggested that we could just assist PD and SD with scene management to ensure that unwanted people don't manage to get onto the scene.
    When the day came, DOC units were all just scene management, standing at the North, South or West side of the scene to block off roads and to mainly just assist PD and SD with their scene management, calling over our own radio every time a vehicle stopped nearby. Only members of the Correctional Emergency Response Team respond, the units that are trained for high stress and very dangerous situations at the scene. They are deployed for many reasons; High Value Transports, weapons in the cellblock, handling MSIs (Maximum Security Inmates) and hostage situations. Usually we only ever get called out to assist with transporting 10-15s, which we're more than happy doing, however, our CERT officers are also trained for plenty of situations, such as de-escalation and hostage situations.
    Around thirty minutes (30) before the department radio was made by Chief Tembe, our Correctional Emergency Response Team (CERT), were all in a mandatory training which was scheduled for that time. About thirty minutes into the training was when the department radio was made by Chief Tenbe. Our CERT units immediately reacted and ran out of the training area to the interior parking where they took out a number of vehicles and headed Code 3 down to the site of the explosion.

Arriving at the site, our units started to set up perimeters on the North, South, East and West of the site. As mentioned by Warden LaFleur, our units mainly assisted PD and SD with their scene management. They made calls over our internal frequency when they spotted any vehicles passing the perimeters and the Commander relayed the important information over JTAC to the other departments.

Here is what one of our CERT command members had to say about the drill:
    Maximillian Speed wrote:When the situation began, we made our way down to the construction site next to Weasel News, and our team began our best abilities to oversee the sean security and to ensure no one else go involved in the scene. As it is PD and SD’s job to deal with things like bombs and hostages while MD deals with the injured, our job is then left to handle scene management and to handle transporting 10-15s. Overall our team shined well when It came to communicating with each other so we could communicate with the other departments but we had a few run-ins with misfires. Other than that, it was a good experience for our department.
    Following the drill, all of the departments headed down to City Hall where we had a debrief. A representative from each department said some words and the commissioner also had some things to say. Overall each department played its role very well and if this were a real situation we would be able to handle it comfortably.
    Visitation
    Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
    Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
    Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
    There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
    • No physical contact
    • No whispering
    • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
    • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
    For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
    Inmate of the Month

Ollie Owens

Ollie Owens is a prime example of a warped mental state brought on by years of abuse. His father allegedly kept him in the basement 23 hours a day in his youth. One day, the father took him out hunting, so a troubled young Ollie got his revenge and shot his abuser in the back. His mother was very upset, and a broken minded son tortured and murdered her too. He lived alone for a long time, kidnapping dogs. At the age of 14, he found some friends- Three friends only he can see who he claims wish to remain anonymous. He moved to Los Santos after locals became scared of him. He describes himself as handsome!

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
    • Why do you do illegal things?
      • Its fun. Having a normal life is boring. Like being a DOC guard is boring! You walk around the cellblock and get the occasional inmate to fight. I get to run around and torture people which is much more fun!

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
      • I like messing with the guards. One day I will sneak a knife in and that will be fun.

• What's your least favorite thing?
      • I don't have enough access to knives. I'd take the odd gun but guns are not personal. Knives are more exhilarating.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
      • I would be the deputy Warden! I'd make a great one. I could be the face of DOC! I'd be strict on people including my own employees. And I'd make the warden do the paperwork.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
      • Not really. All my friends are right here so I don't need to worry about people on the outside.

• What brought you in here today?
      • I stole a car! It was fast and nice. And an officer decided to pull me over. I told him it was my cousin's but he didn't believe me. So I put a knife to his neck and kidnapped him! A lovely chap! I put him in his cruiser and we drove off together and listened to music. Then I crashed into a toll booth. I would do it all again!

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
      • REVOLT! If you see me, give me as many guns, knives and syringes you have! I will put them to good use!
    • Best Movie?
      • My favourite movie is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I like the end scene where he's beating everyone up.
    • Best Colour?
      • Blood Red
    • Best mode of transportation?
      • Stolen cars or people I have kidnapped driving me.
    A Life Behind Bars | Inside the DOC by Marcos Chandler
    • The bars slam shut and you get uncuffed. As you turn around you are greeted by a guard standing outside the cell. Beyond is a large cell block lined with similar cells. Your attention is drawn to the orange jumpsuit lying on the bed beside you.

Once you change into the jumpsuit, the door is unlocked and you can leave the cell. The prison block is a two-story building, with cells on both floors and a kitchen tucked away to one side, above the kitchen sits a guard tower.. Through a door to the left of the kitchen, there is a recreational room, complete with gym equipment, a projector for watching movies, and a room full of showers to wash up. On the opposite side of the cell-block lies a bank of telephones, as well as a poker table. To the right of the phones, lies the door to the courtyard.

As you walk out of the cell, you notice a group of prisoners sitting and standing around the tables in the center of the room. Talking about anything and everything that is interesting in Los Santos. You walk up to the kitchen and see a few guards inside, along with a couple of cook’s to make fresh meals for the inmates. You slide your stamps through the slot and the guards take them, walking into the back room. They reappear a few minutes later holding a pickaxe, and handing it to you. You take the pickaxe and walk out into the yard.
      Bright sunlight and fresh air hit you as you walk outdoors, and once your eyes have adjusted to the light you can see high walls and fences surrounding the courtyard, consisting of a basketball court, an outdoor gym, and a singular tree providing shade over some picnic tables. You walk over to the far corner of the courtyard and join some other inmates. Here, you will mine for tin, which you will exchange for more stamps.
      After spending the whole day mining, you bring your bag of tin into the prison block and over to the kitchen. A guard comes out from the gate and grabs the bag, handing you over a pile of stamps for your day’s work. You then use the stamps to buy food and water from the kitchen. You hear shouting from the other side of the room, and as you turn around four guards run past you and over to the poker table. The inmates are separated and locked in separate cells for the night, and the guards return to their posts. Upon closer inspection, you can see a disrupted deck of cards, and a pile of food stamps in the middle of the table. You turn to your cell and head to bed for the night.
    Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#829 Carson Junes
    #837 Leon Clarke
    #838 Jimmithy Jemima
    #834 Mac Jakobson
    #841 Jim Hart
    ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
    #824 Paul Sawyer
    #827 Jordan Tartel
    #832 Danny Stein
    #831 Ritchy Mack
    #825 Marcos Chandler

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
    #808 James Stile

ImageSenior Correctional Officer Image
    #736 Marc Ericsson
    #778 Lukas Valentine
    #804 Ace Schneider
    #809 Daryl Neumann
    #771 Rock Paz
    #795 Andrew Bryant
    Image Corporal Image
    #769 Guilherme Tavares
    #844 Johnnie Brown

ImageSergeantImage
    #768 Coral Lafleur

ImageLieutenantImage
    #735 Adam Payne
    #760 Issei Schneider

Image Commander Image
    #06 Sean Payne
      Inmate Groundskeeping Tasks

The Groundskeeping Division has started testing a system that will allow inmates who show good behavior while they are at the DOC a chance to earn stamps by completing tasks. These tasks are divided into three different categories and each category will provide the inmate with a different number of stamps per task completed.

The tasks are categorized as follows:
      • Low Risk Tasks
      Low risks tasks, as the name suggests, are tasks that have low risk. These tasks are simple and can earn the inmates 500 Stamps per task they complete. Some low risk tasks include:
      1. Sweeping the cellblock
      2. Cleaning the interior windows
      3. Making the beds in the cells
      4. Sorting through broken books and replacing them

• Medium Risk Tasks
      Medium risk tasks have a higher risk than the low risk tasks. They consist of tasks that require tools to be completed. Medium risk tasks are also a little harder and will award the inmate with 1000 stamps. Some Medium risk tasks include:
      1. Using plastic shovels to dig up areas in the yard and place plants
      2. Washing employee cars
      3. Fixing medical beds in the medbay
      4. Watering plants

• High Risk Tasks
      High risk tasks are the highest tier of tasks that inmates can complete and are only for inmates that have shown that they can be trusted and have shown exemplary behavior. These tasks require things like a lawn mower and mechanic tools to complete and will award the inmate with 2000 stamps. Some High risk tasks include:
      1. Fixing SADOC vehicles
      2. Mowing the lawn
      3. Spray painting the wall in the yard
      4. Cleaning the statues
      The next time you are in the DOC be sure to be on your best behavior so you can get a chance to earn some stamps.
      Phone Calls
          When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
          Mysterious Teddy Bears!
          • The other day, Teddy Bears started popping up at the DOC!
            We are unclear who put them there and why! Perhaps it's a morale thing, to help the inmates and the guards smile and feel calm. The bears are cuddly and soft, but surprisingly heavy. The two we have found are twins- The one in the cellblock is Bee and the one in the foyer is Bumble!
            Thank you to the mystery benefactor for these adorable teddies!
          Recruitment Status
          Recruitment
           ! Message from: Human Resources Command
          Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
            • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
          • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
            • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
          • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
          • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
          • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
            • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
          • Additional Requirements:
            • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
            • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
            • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
            • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
          Rallycross Event
          • On July 24th the SADOC had a rallycross event at the Davis Quartz. It was attended by members of DOC, DCC, LSC and Bayview.

The event started off with everyone having some time to run the track a few times to get used to it and to get a feel of the vehicles. After that, the races began. There were a total of 9 races, with 3 of them being final races. The first 6 races consisted of 4 races at a time and they raced around the track a total of 5 times.

After a few races, some of which resulted in a few crashes and some which didn't, we moved on to the final 3 races. The first two of these races had winners of the previous 6 races go on a 3-lap race. The winners of those two races went onto the final race which was a 1 one lap showdown.

The two finalists were Juvani Georgeo from Bayview Auto Center and Jim Hart from the SADOC. The both started off the race very well and the race was going to be a close one. At one of the final turns, Jim spun out and crashed his car. This gave Juvani an easy ride to the finish line.
                This event was overall a really fun event and we would like to thank LSC, DCC and Bayview for attending this event we hope you all enjoyed the day. We would also like to thank the LSEMS for having medical professionals who were on stand-by.
              Closing Message from the Warden
              That is the end of the July Press Release.
              We hope you enjoyed reading it and learning about a few of the things that happen both inside and outside of our tall fences.
              Once against the Public Relations team, and their new head, have done an outstanding job of hosting events and writing articles.

Kourtney Lafleur
              Warden
              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
              Marc Ericsson
              Senior Correctional Officer

[email protected]
                Trixie Bankshot
                Sergeant