MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - JULY 2022

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPDONLINE.NET
Los Santos Police Department
Monthly Newsletter
Monday, August 1st, 2022
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

-
OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role model.

Police Officer II Mike Luigi first joined the Los Santos Police Department following his graduation from the Los Santos Police Academy on the 26th of March, 2021. Upon graduation, Officer Luigi enrolled in the Field Training Program that he passed on April 4th. Officer Luigi was subsequently promoted to Police Officer I on April 23rd, 2021.

Due to personal circumstances, Officer Luigi resigned from the Los Santos Police Department on the 23rd of May, 2021. During his brief tenure, however, Officer Luigi had a passion for traffic enforcement. When Officer Luigi returned to the Department on April 26th, 2022, he continued to showcase his passion and was assigned to the Vinewood Traffic Division on May 15th, 2022.

Throughout the month of July, Officer Luigi has continuously shown his dedication and effort toward the Los Santos Police Department, the City of Los Santos, and its citizens. Officer Luigi has continued to uphold an exceptional standard of quality and quantity in both fieldwork and administrative work, with an average of 59.4 shift hours on a weekly basis and over three hundred pieces of paperwork submitted throughout the month of July.

For that, the Los Santos Police Department wishes to congratulate Officer Luigi on his performance and the recognition thereof during the month of July by the issuance of the Officer of the Month award, which is an award that signifies universal commitment and excellence as an officer.

FIELD TRAINING OFFICER OF THE MONTH

• Field Training Command wrote:For the Field Training Officer of the Month, the Field Training Division Command would like to congratulate Police Officer Tyrell Lee. Officer Lee conducted five (5) field training sessions along with four (4) field training reports. He also went above and beyond by writing observation reports for our Police Cadets which is completely optional but major to the Cadet's training as it allows us to observe their progression outside of a training session.

Officer Lee's reports not only excelled in quantity but were also of brilliant quality, being very detailed with both positives about our Cadets and areas that need improvement. FTD Command is happy and thankful to have such a dedicated FTO receive this monthly recognition!
EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Captain III ► Image Police Commander
    • Elizabeth Sanchez

Image Police Detective III ► Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Eleanor Quinn

Image Police Officer III+1 ► Image Police Sergeant I
    • Ryan Moore

Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Dean Molloy
    • Leo Larson

-
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Adam Scotts
    • Tyrell Lee
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Alexander Xavier
    • Brian Dox
    • Darren Shaw
    • Gina Willow
    • Joe Richardson
    • Mitchell Phillips
    • Rick Bennett

Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Conor Lee
    • David Wood
-ADVANCEMENTS, TRANSFERS AND DISCHARGES

• -
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Samuele Colonna
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer II
    • Kevin Shard
    • Lance Sage
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • John Ramsey
    • Mark Sloan
    -
    Reinstatements
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department.
    • John Ramsey
    • Kevin Shard
    • Lance Sage
    • Mark Sloan
    • Samuele Colonna

Transfers
    This month we welcomed the transfers of other Department employees to the Los Santos Police Department.
    Image LSSD Master Deputy ► Image LSPD Police Officer III
    • George Hill

Resignations
    This month we also bid farewell to some employees from the Los Santos Police Department. We wish all of them the very best with their next chapters.
      • Conrad McMount
      • Ali Azizi
      • Rico Gamble
      • Juan Romero
      • Adam Scotts
      • Jim Buckridge
      • William Cemeni
      • Joshy Thompson
      • Rio Bourne
      • John Styll
      • Jack Mickelson
      • Mikael Cowell
      • James Li
      • Soheyl Johnson
      • Julian Mortimer
      • Pierce Locke

FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Police Officer II Rick Bennett is our featured employee for the month of July.

Police Officer II Rick Bennett was born and raised in Los Santos. He first joined the Los Santos Police Department in May of 2020 because he didn’t feel that Los Santos was a safe place, and wanted to do what he could for the city that he loves. During his first employment term, Officer Bennett attained the rank of Police Officer III before resigning in June of 2021. He reinstated this past May and has already reached the rank of Police Officer II. This time, he aspires to reach even higher and get involved with more divisions than he had previously.

When on duty, Officer Bennett’s main passion is assisting Cadets with their daily duties. In his own words; “there’s something special about being able to share all these years of field experience with someone, and seeing them grow within the Department, holding the same ideals passed onto them”. In addition to helping Cadets, Officer Bennett always aims to assist citizens with whatever needs and inquiries they may have, from impound calls to emergencies.

Officer Bennett works by three core principles; integrity, respect, and impartiality - principles which he believes every Officer should hold. During his time in the Department, Officer Bennett has learned a lot of valuable lessons, but to him, the most important one is “to stay true to our own beliefs and learn with our mistakes”.

The most rewarding thing about working as a police officer, according to Officer Bennett, is knowing that he is working to make the city a better place. Even though there will always be people who villainize him due to his job, he says that “at the end of the day it’s always worth it, having your work be recognized by a fellow colleague, or a simple thank you from a civilian, is all I need to keep going forward even when times are rough”. He also says he is extremely proud of the teamwork that he has been able to take part in to bring the crime rate down over the past few years.

STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    Ride-Along Reports
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Insufficient Evidence to Adjudicate
    Withdrawn

EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    6 | 5.88%
    1 | 0.98%
    1 | 0.98%
    4 | 3.92%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief of Police
    Image Deputy Chief of Police
    -------------------
    6 | 5.88%
    3 | 2.94%
    0 | 0.00%
    0 | 0.00%
    3 | 2.94%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    8 | 7.84%
    3 | 2.94%
    5 | 4.90%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    4 l 3.92%
    1 | 0.98%
    3 | 2.94%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    9 | 8.82%
    2 | 1.96%
    1 | 0.98%
    6 | 5.88%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    51 | 50.00%
    5 | 4.90%
    13 | 12.75%
    24 | 23.53%
    9 | 8.82%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    18 | 17.65%
    18 | 17.65%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees
CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for July. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala wrote:
    It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating Christmas and bringing in the New Year but we have somehow found ourselves at over the halfway point in the year already.

Once again, I'd like to thank our awesome Media Relations Unit team for working hard to bring this newsletter together. Officers Andolini, Pennyworth, and Willow, as well as Detective Cavallera, have all put their time and effort into the division over the last couple of weeks and I'm excited for the future of Media Relations.

It's always a shame when a colleague leaves the department but this month we keenly felt the departures of Lieutenant Joshy Thompson, Sergeant John Styll, Detectives Jack Mickelson, and Mikael Cowell. We very nearly said goodbye to Deputy Chief Jay Bacon but for a last-minute change of mind which has seen him remain, hopefully for a few more years yet.

It is the nature of the job though. As experienced individuals leave, new Cadets come in to start their journeys and training. Loss can be difficult but there is always hope and optimism that comes with absence. Each of us started from the same position but through persistence, effort, and dedication we have found ourselves in positions of responsibility.

In that vein, I would like to congratulate Dean Molloy and Leo Larson on their acceptance into the LSPD Supervisor Training Program. Both have been consistent and reliable performers in the department for some time and we're all very supportive of their progression. Officer Molloy also recently accepted a position as the Assistant Commanding Officer of our Firearms Licensing Division. Captain Pierce Hardy also took on an exciting new role as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Vinewood Traffic Division. Finally, we'd like to congratulate Police Commanders Scott Dunbar and Elizabeth Sanchez on their assignments as the Commanders of the Administrative Services Bureau and General Operations Bureaus as well as Commander Sanchez on her well-deserved promotion.

All The Best!
    Deputy Chief Dezzy Bala
    Director, Administrative Services Bureau
    • * The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
      -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”