Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

#22-CM-0062, State of San Andreas v. Olivia Valentine

Post by Olivia Valentine »

Defendant Name: Olivia Valentine
Defendant Phone: 5888223
Defendant Address: Del Perro Apartments
(( Defendant Discord: Buggs#9867 ))
Requested Attorney:I will be representing myself.
Charging Department: LSPD
Time & Date of Incident(s): July 23, 2022
Charge(s): WF01 - Assualt with a deadly weapon, GM10 - Failure to comply/Identify, SD02 - Murder
Narrative:
A criminal named Marty Bhoy entered the shop on the day in question. I know this man to regularly carry a gun as well as be violent. I went over to talk to my coworker to warn her about the dangers, and the man began to harass me. He continued to follow me on his bike, and circle around me and my coworkers in a motorized vehicle.

I tried to knock him off his bike as he continued to harass me. I was worried for my life and the life of my coworkers as he continued to circle in his vehicle. I didn't want him to injure one of us with his actions, so I pulled out my licensed gun and went to put him under citizens arrest. He proceeded to drive away.

In my experience in the city, as well as what I had seen just 10-15 minutes before... I know there's a big possibility that he will go around the corner and pull out a gun hidden in his glove compartment. Out of fear for my coworkers lives as well as the bystanders around me, I discharged my weapon injuring the man.

No police were called as I was afraid of the consequences that could befall me and my coworkers had someone called the police. That being said, I found myself at the grand opening of my business, when Mr. Collona sat there and waited until the business was open completely and multiple people were around before moving to arrest me for defending my coworkers lives.

Somehow he could call me "Olivia", but did not know who I was until I showed him my license? I was not masked and he had clearly already identified me. I asked why he needed my license to be sure it was me and he responded that I had changed my appearance, so I asked how he knew who to walk up to then when he went to arrest me. He said he had known it was me by my voice... which... doesn't really make sense. I complied with everything and did not fight the arrest. I only asked why he was arresting me now. I continued to ask and he chose to cuff me.

As someone who has been in the city for almost 3 years now and never received a felony it would've been nice to be treated like a civilized person and brought in for questioning without so much of a scene. During questioning, I talked but gave nothing away, opting to exercise the right I don't have (because we have no bill of rights) to stay silent.
I, Olivia Can, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Last edited by Olivia Valentine on Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: State of San Andreas v. Olivia Can

Personal Email

Lack of Response from JB
10/08/2022

• To whom it may concern,

Citizens are expected to post something here within 7 days of the event. But yet, you all can take over 10 days to respond, and that's okay? Please explain and get back to me in a timely manor as I have done my best to file it within your time constraints.

• Kind regards,
    Olivia
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Superior Court,

The state has collected the LSPD case file and arrest report within 48 hours of this cases publishing on the docket, and I myself personally intend to take the case, assuming no other issues arise.

Best Wishes,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
    (909) 590-4566 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Ms. Can,

As much as I appreciate your input on how to run my court cases it will not be necessary. You are correct on the fact that citizens are expected to post their case to the docket within 7 days of the event as anyone can find out by simply reading the information section, however, we currently have a backlog of cases on the docket so at this time you will wait in the queue like all other citizens are patiently doing without issue. If you continue with any further disrespect to my court I will be charging you with GM22 - Contempt of Court, I hope this response gets back to you in a timely manor.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Personal Email

Lack of Response from JB
10/08/2022

• Dear Mr. Daniels and Ms. Johnson,

Thank you for getting back to me in a timely manor!

Being wrongly accused of a crime that removes your gun license, as I'm sure you both can understand, is distressing. There was no disrespect meant from my end, I was simply looking for clarification or some update on the case. I appreciate both your responses and explanations.

I have been paying attention to the backlog of cases, and I do understand how that is overwhelming, so I apologise for seeming impatient. However, I felt like 10+ days with no response was me being patient, which is why I decided to reach out... as sometimes I know things can get lost in the business of it all. Again, I apologise if this was out of line, but I feel like citizens should be allowed to ask for updates... after a certain amount of time has passed with no response...

• Kind regards,
    Olivia
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Personal Email

29/09/2022

It has been about a month now. Is there any word on my case? There is no disrespect intended with this message. I am simply trying to get an update and to check on Ms. Johnson. I had reached out to Ms. Johnson twice over email without a response. I am hoping she's okay.

• Kind regards,
    Olivia Can
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0062, State of San Andreas v. Olivia Can

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I am Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be the presiding over this case in my courtroom. At this point in time, I will be assigning this case to docket number #22-CM-0062.

This case is now pending appointment of a new prosecuting attorney as Ms. Johnson is no longer with the branch.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Personal Email

03/10/2022

I want to thank all parties that have responded to this case for their time.

To the new prosecutor: I understand you'll need time to review and catch up on the case, please let me know if you'd like to get together to talk about it at some point or if I could be of any help.

Thanks again! Hope you all are well.

• Kind regards,
    Olivia Can
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

#22-CM-0062
Presiding Judge: Judith Mason

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Olivia Can
#22-CM-0062

A court order was entered in the above case on 6 October, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Olivia Can, #22-CM-0062 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0062
    Requesting Party: N/A
    Party Members: Roderick Marchisio
    Exhibit #1: Arrest Report Olivia Can
    Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The arrest report of the Defendant gives insight into why the arrest took place.

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
      • SUSPECT DETAILS
        • Full Name: Olivia Can
          Phone Number: 588823
          Licenses Suspended: Yes
          Officers Involved:
          • Police Lieutenant I Samuele Colonna
          Charges:
          • Attempted SF02 - Murder
          • GM10 - Failure to Comply / Identify
          • WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon
        INCIDENT NARRATIVE
        • Explain what happened, no need to provide too much detail, videos could be provided
          • Olivia Can has been arrested in relation to an RHU case. She gunned downed an individual at LSC while working there. Her firearms license has been revoked.
          EVIDENCE DETAILS
          • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
            Legal possessions may be grouped and documented as "Legal Possessions". Illegal possessions must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage may be attached as an evidence exhibit.
            • Please refer to evidence exhibit #2
  • Exhibit #2: Items found on the Defendant at time of the arrest
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The items that were found on the Defendant at the time of the arrest, including a .50 pistol that was used in the crime.
    • Exhibit A: Legal possessions: radio and black desert scarf. Other expensive possession (speakers) taken by DOC.
      Exhibit B: Knife
      Exhibit C: .50 pistol with 36 bullets
      Photograph of possessions in evidence locker
    Exhibit #3: CCTV footage LSC
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The footage as taken from the CCTV camera's at Los Santos Customs clearly shows the Defendant committing the crimes that are being disputed.
    • CCTV footage
      ((
      RP Proof for the CCTV
      ))
    Exhibit #4: Witness Statement Samuele Colonna
    Type of Discovery: Witness Statement
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The Witness Statement by Police Lieutenant Samuele Colonna proves insight into the situation that led to the charge GM10 - Failure to comply, which occurred separately from the other charges as appealed by the Defendant.

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Incident Date: 23/JUL/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Samuele Colonna
        Date of Birth: 11/NOV/1996
        Phone Number: 247-4369
      Witness Statement
      • As I stated in the case file update, the individual had different hair and clothes. Since I have 100% sure when I arrest someone and take them to Mission Row for something such as murder, I prefer to have a positive ID of the suspect if possible. I did recognize her voice but receiving her ID was crucial and may I add that I do not want to receive an IA complaint for something as foolish as cuffing the wrong person.
        She was surrounded by at least 9 individuals (all males) and backup arrived as requested before I approached her and the group. One of the males was right on my back and would not give me space to detain her so I had to push him away after giving him a warning.
        Olivia Can refused to provide her identification document after being asked for a total number of five times. After at least two minutes of me asking for identification I arrested her for failure to comply/identify and checked myself. I shall bring to your attention that during these two minutes not only did she refuse to provide an ID but didn't even dare to tell me her name (I did not ask for the name, I specifically requested her ID). This happened because, as per her words, I already knew her so she was not going to do it.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Samuele Colonna, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Samuele Colonna
        Police Lieutenant
        Los Santos Police Department

Date: 11/OCT/2022

Sincerely,

Prosecuting Attorney
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I thank you for your patience as I have just completed a leave of absence.

With the Order for Discovery now having expired and the prosecution having supplied several exhibits in their Motion for Discovery, we will now be pending a Discovery Hearing to confirm the admissibility of the evidence at trial. At this hearing, Ms. Can (acting as her own representation) will be able to dispute the admissibility of the evidence if it goes against the rules of evidence. I will be making rulings on each of the included exhibits and either granting or denying the introduction of that specific piece of evidence.

The defense is also now afforded the opportunity to file motions in response to the provided Motion for Discovery, such as a Motion to Suppress, a Motion for Summary Judgment, or a Motion to Dismiss. I would ask that if Ms. Can intends to submit any of these motions, please do so as soon as possible, so they can also be discussed at this hearing.

I would now ask that parties mark their upcoming availability using this scheduling tool so these proceedings can continue.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Continuance
Motion for Continuance

Honorable Judge Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting a Continuance for 7 days for the reason listed below.
    Detailed explanation:
    I am requesting this continuance to give both the prosecution and myself more time to come up with an acceptable plea deal for both parties.

I have sent 3 emails as well as multiple text messages to the prosecution about a possible plea deal that was talked about with the original prosecuting attorney: 8/31, 10/12, 10/22 (Dates of the emails). Each email has been viewed, but not responded to.

The only communication between the current prosecution and myself has been over text messages simply stating something has been posted here. Besides one phone call, where he stated he would review the emails between Caroline Johnson and myself.

This is not meant as disrespect as I know we are all busy. I'd just like to give the prosecution more time to respond and review the deal if possible because I know they have a heavy work load right now.

Sincerely,

Olivia Valentine
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Hearing Request
Notice of Name Change
Honorable Judge Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting a name change be made official for the defendant.
    Requesting Party: Defendant
    Party Members: Olivia Valentine
    Detailed explanation:
    Olivia Can the defendant has changed her name to Olivia Valentine. I'd like to have this recorded in the eyes of the court, if at all possible.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Olivia Valentine
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion to Suppress
Motion to Suppress

Honorable Judge Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting that certain evidence be inadmissible in court.
    Requesting Party: Defendant
    Party Members: Olivia Valentine
    Requested Evidence to Suppress: Exhibit #3: CCTV footage LSC
    Detailed explanation:
    The footage appears to be corrupted. I do not believe edited footage can be used in the court of law as it has been tampered with.

((The report that this footage is taken from was ruled on July 17, where the RP performed by Reggie was ruled as voided.
    CCTV Footage RP
    This means that it couldn't have been viewed on July 13, when the footage was RPly viewed and saved. This shows obvious metagaming, and I don't believe it should be used ICly.
    Original Forum Report
    ))

Sincerely,

Olivia Valentine
Samuele Colonna
Retired Lieutenant I
ECRP Forum Name: TheCactus

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Samuele Colonna »

(( The rule you're looking at is powergaming, not metagaming, which is the rule that Reggie Hoaggs did not follow. With this detail being left aside, the players that attempted to delete the footage should have informed those who could review the footage that it had been deleted, which they did not. This means that any future powergaming attempt is considered nonintentional because Reggie Hoaggs failed to inform the parties that may be involved.
" Reggie Hoaggs [ID 114] - We will not be seeking any OOC punishments towards yourself however we will be VOIDING the RP you provided of deleting the CCTV footage from the events in question as your character does not have the authority to do so in-game. "
As can be seen above, the action performed by Reggie Hoaggs has been voided by server staff therefore it never happened, meaning that everything shall continue as normal and the footage has been reviewed by whoever is able to do so.
If there are any issues related to following server rules, you should have submitted a forum report within 48 hours or as soon as you found out about it, which you did not. @Olivia Valentine ))
Last edited by Samuele Colonna on Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0062, State of San Andreas v. Olivia Valentine

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Let the record show that the title of this case will be changed to State of San Andreas v. Olivia Valentine to reflect the defendant's legal name change.

Additionally, I will be granting a continuance in this case to allow time for plea bargaining and due to the prosecution's approved leave of absence ending in just over two weeks - I thank you for your patience while this case is on hold.

Regarding the defense's Motion to Suppress, while there does appear to be some interference, and thus, distortion on the footage itself, there does appear to be somewhat reliable information obtainable. Further discussion may be had during our next Motions Hearing, however, I will be denying the Motion to Suppress at this time. (( The following message from Moderator SirQubed, who handled the original report, was relayed to me regarding this: "The RP of him removing [the footage] was voided thus the RP of viewing the footage and using it ICly is valid" ))

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

((@Samuele Colonna not all of us like to go to the forums for everything. As you can see for this case, the forum report was not handled the same way as every other forum report. Despite the fact that it included staff it was not escalated to senior staff management, the IC LSPD officer handled it instead. This meant that although LSC had been notified that the tape was deleted, Conrand McMount took it upon himself via in game PM's to tell Reggie Hoaggs that it would probably be voided. This is metagaming, as it changed the course of future RP.
Proof They Knew the Footage Had Been RPly Deleted
This entire case would not have even been a thing had it not been reported on the forums. Like I have stated many times, a police officer had literally done the same thing my character had done not even 10 minutes prior. The only difference between the two is that they were not reported on the forums.

Not only that but SirQubeds response does not explain how someone can view footage when it should RPly have been deleted. I would agree with his statement had it been done after the ruling, but as Samuele Colonna stated it is powergaming, since it was not.))
Last edited by Olivia Valentine on Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah Williams
ECRP Forum Name: Iriael

DOC Awards

SAJB Awards

Post by Sarah Williams »

Re: #22-CM-0065, State of San Andreas v. Olivia Valentine

• Honorable Judith Mason,

I, Junior Prosecuting Attorney, Sarah Williams will be acting as co-counsel for the State of San Andreas, alongside Rodrick Marchisio. I have familiarized myself with the case and will be ready to assist him as need be.

Respectfully,
Sarah Williams
Junior Prosecuting Attorney
463-8400 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Motion to Amend Charges
Motion to Amend Charges

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the prosecution in the case are requesting an amendment of the charges.
    State of San Andreas v. Olivia Valentine
    Requesting Party: Prosecution
    Party Members: Roderick Marchisio, Sarah Williams
    Original Charges:
    • SF02 - Attempted Murder
    Amended Charges:
    • SF02 - Attempted Murder
    • WM01 - Unlawful Brandishing of a Firearm or Weapon
    • VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
    • GF03 - Armed Robbery
    • GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
    • GM14 - Obstruction of Justice

Detailed explanation:

The Prosecution notes that as per evidence exhibit #3 as previously presented to the court as well as per the defendant's own admission ("I pulled out my licensed gun and went to put him under citizens arrest."), it is evident that there was no legal reason to brandish her firearm. As such, the Prosecution can only conclude that this action should result in the application of the charge WM01 - Unlawful Brandishing of a Firearm or Weapon.

Additionally, the Defendant can clearly be shown recklessly discharging her firearm in and outside the Los Santos Customs mechanic shop. In the case of #22-CM-0014, State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno, the Superior Court of the State of San Andreas has ruled that for the charge VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment to be applicable the Defendant must place the public in acute danger. In the underlying situation, the Defendant can be clearly seen discharging her weapon through the opened exit of the mechanic shop into a well known crowded place, which given the fact that the Defendant was at that time working for Los Santos Customs, is very well known to her. As such, the Prosecution can only conclude that this action should result in the application of the charge VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment.

Furthermore, as per evidence exhibit #3 as previously presented to the court, the Defendant can be seen rifling through the victim's pockets. The Prosecution notes that this shows clear intent to take property off the victim. Relatedly, the injured victim is the clear and obvious evidence of the crime the Defendant committed and the Defendant consciously moved the body. As such, the Prosecution can only conclude that these actions should result in the application of the charges GF03 - Armed Robbery as well as GF16 - Tampering with Evidence.

Finally, as per evidence exhibit #4 as previously presented to the court, it becomes abundantly clear that the Defendant did not only fail to comply with the lawful orders of Lieutenant Colonna, but also delayed and obstructed the lawful investigation of Lieutenant Colonna as well as deliberately concealed information from his lawful investigation. As such, the Prosecution can only conclude that this action should result in the application of the charge GM14 - Obstruction of Justice.

Sincerely,

Senior Prosecuting Attorney

Junior Prosecuting Attorney
463-8400 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Your Honor,

I have returned from my Leave of Absence and would like to wish to schedule the Motions hearing for the underlying case if you think this is required as you recently denied the Defense's motion to suppress and the Motion to Amend Charges speaks for itself.

Respectfully,

Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

Your Honour,

I would like to just end this case as it has gone on too long. I will accept my original charges and move on with my life. It seems that the prosecution is going out of their way to try to find things I could've possibly done wrong during the video, despite the fact that half the charges they have now added have 0 grounds. It is very evident in the fact that he's tried to charge me with a vehicular felony despite no vehicle besides the "victims" being used in a crime.(VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment) This is a large part of why I recommend to people not to go through JB and I should've listened to my own advice. I was simply trying to fix my record so that I could do things like apply for one of the electable positions in government or re-obtain my gun license.

Despite the fact that Mr. Marchisio has told me he does not believe I am a career criminal he still seeks to get the maximum punishment he can from a case. This makes no sense as the prosecution is supposed to be a civil servant working for the state. If you do not believe someone is a career criminal, doing what you can to ruin their life, makes 0 sense to me. The goal of the state would be to keep criminals off the street and protect civilians. How is what he has done protecting civilians?

I've reached out to people who were witnesses for myself, but due to the time that has passed ((some don't even play on ECRP anymore, some don't have working computers)) many are unable to show/give a statement. I hope that you can understand my position as my defense rested heavily on the witnesses. As this case has gone on longer than usual due to the backlog of cases, the changing of the prosecution, the vacation by the prosecution, the inability for the prosecution to respond to emails, etc, etc. I would just like to pay whatever fee I need to for wasting myself as well as the courts time and move forward with my life.

Respectfully,
Olivia Valentine
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Mason,

The Prosecution notes that in relation to the above statement by the Defendent we have reached out to the Defendant on November 15, 2022 in order to potentially be able to sign a plea deal. However, we note we have not received any form or kind of response. As such, we would like to kindly ask your guidance in the underlying situation.

Respectfully,

Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

Re: State of San Andreas v. Edward Greeg

• Honorable Judith Mason,

I, Junior Defense Attorney Shaun Harper, have been in contact with the defendant Olivia Valentine. Unfortunately we have not yet had the time to talk about the case or pick a date, so I'm unsure if Ms. Valentine wants to keep representing herself.

Respectfully,

Junior Defense Attorney
    (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

To whom it may concern,

As has been stated by JDA Harper, we are trying to get in contact. I have had numerous personal/public events going on lately, that has taken up my time. I would appreciate patience on the side of the prosecution at this time, while I try to set up a meeting time with the JDA.

Thank you,
Olivia Valentine

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”