RED ALERT: Your County Needs You!

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Timothee Olsen
ECRP Forum Name: Icarus

LSSD Awards

RED ALERT: Your County Needs You!

Post by Timothee Olsen »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
July 25, 2022
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• RED ALERT: Your County Needs You!
    -
  • Citizens of the County and those who may live beyond our jurisdiction, The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department needs your help to fight crime!

Criminal Activity is on the rise, and with it, our ranks are strained day in and day out doing their best to keep you all safe from harm. Be it from weapon violence, drugs, or extortion. This is where you, the reader come into play.

Recruitment is currently open for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, and we're looking for the next generation of would-be dedicated men and women. You can fill out an application online which can be found here.

Before you can ask: "How do I know I'll be a good fit?", Let me give you some words directly from the horse's mouths!

A Statement from our very own Staff Sergeant Ian Walter, the Commanding Officer of the Recruitment and Employment Division will let you know a little more about the Initial Application Process, and give you a sneak peek of how our screening process works.
    Staff Sergeant Walter on the Basics of the Recruitment and Employment Division wrote: The Recruitment and Employment Division (RED) is directly involved in the hiring process. Members of RED are responsible for reviewing applications, and deciding if the applicant will continue on in the recruitment process. RED members can either accept the application, deny the application, or require the applicant to make edits.

Applicants who are approved will be given an opportunity to participate in the interview and physical assessment process. During the interview, applicants are asked a host of questions to determine if they will be a fit for the department, and are also sent through a physical assessment to determine whether they are physically able to handle the physical demands required to be a Deputy Sheriff. As with the application stage, RED division members choose whether an applicant will continue on in the recruitment process.

Applicants who are approved after an interview, are selected as academy students, pending the completion of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department's academy. The academy is also taught by RED division members. During the academy, academy students take the oath of office, are given badges, and upon the successful completion of the theory sessions, are promoted to Deputy Sheriff Trainees. Once a Deputy Sheriff Trainee, the Deputy Sheriff Trainee must complete the field training program before being eligible for promotion to Deputy Sheriff I.

For an overview, the recruitment process is as follows;

Application > Interview/Physical Assessment > Academy

And as stated, RED is directly involved with all stages of the recruitment process and seeks to maintain the high standards we have for our Deputies throughout the hiring process.
    If your eye has been caught, and you're curious about what may await you once you do get past the recruitment phase, you may also be asking yourself: "I don't know anything about being a Law Enforcement Officer, what if I don't fit in?". You mustn't worry, for we have yet another exclusive sneak peek behind the scenes with the Field Training Divisions Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Victoria McJohnson.
    Lieutenant McJohnson on the Role of the Field Training Division wrote: Once a new recruit is accepted into the prestigious Sherriff's Department and enrolled in the Field Training Program they can expect to be the target of all our Field Training Deputies. Our FTDs are all eager to get their hands on the new trainees, figuratively of course. The Field training deputies will be the drill sergeants, the mentors, the teachers, and the friends that you need in developing the skills that make fine Law Enforcement Officers.

Trainees will enter an extensive program composed of 3 Field Training sessions followed by an exam session. Our Field Deputies will show them the ropes, teach them our protocols and procedures, and make sure they can handle ANY situation. A Trainee can expect to be thrown into anything; non-compliant suspects, a rescue mission in the mountains, high-speed pursuits, low-speed pursuits, a shootout between two gangs, a shootout between a gang and the Sherriff's Department, a shootout evolving from a separate shootout, anything goes on the field!

But fear not, after passing the training program they will be able to handle all those situations and more.

A career as a Law Enforcement Officer is not made for everyone. It's a harsh life and only the best of the best can manage to make a career from it. But this is where we excel. If you're committed to joining, we will commit to molding you to be the best of the best.
    The Sheriff's Department is ready for anything, and we will work alongside you each and every step of the way, be it through your recruitment process, or actual fieldwork.

So, now I suppose the last question you have for us is: "Where do I sign?".
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Sergeant Martin Haswell
    (909) 568-9567 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”