SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: #22-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Harley Pavlovich

Post by Colt Daniels »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Counselors,

I am going to deny the Motion to Compel Discovery submitted by the defense. I do not feel it relevant to force Timothee Olson to return to the state to give a deposition regarding what he has already given in both an arrest report and a witness statement. At this point I would like to move to hear this case at trial.

Please use this scheduling tool to mark your availability and once completed I will announce the date and time.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

I will be scheduling this trial for Thursday October 6th at 8:00PM UTC. As this trial is directly following a hearing please expect a possible delay.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0050

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Harley Pavlovich
22-CM-0050

CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle
WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons
VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon of a Government Employee
GM08 - Vandalism of Government Property

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 6th day of October, 2022.

• The case of #22-CM-0050, State of San Andreas v. Harley Pavlovich has been resolved.

The first charge being disputed was VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle. After a review of the evidence and arguments from each party it was concluded that during the incident the defendant operated her vehicle in a way that was reckless, she disregarded property and life while operating her vehicle by driving into the incorrect lane of travel multiple times, as shown in the air units footage of the situation, which ultimately led to the crash with a deputy that ended the pursuit.

When looking at evidence for the charge of WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons, there are multiple documents that confirmed this firearm was found inside the defendants vehicle, one of them being the arrest report (Exhibit #1), which is backed up by an additional statement from the investigator (Exhibit #5) confirming where the firearm was founded which a direct mention that there was submitted evidence showing the serial number of the firearm (Exhibit #3). This is only supported by a statement from the defendant herself in the original incident information stating "the deputies then unlocked my Paragon and illegally searched it, finding a firearm in the storage compartment."

The prosecution in this case was also pursuing 3 additional charges on the defendant, with regards to the charge of VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment, the charge description states, ""Placing the public in acute danger and or putting a major risk to public safety through unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, firearm, etc." It is the decision of the courts that due to the defendants driving where she went onto the public sidewalk, shown once again in the air units footage of the situation, the defendant did in fact posse a major risk to public safety through the unsafe operation of that motor vehicle.

The second amended charge was WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon of a Government Employee, the charge description states, "Assaulting another person with a so-called "deadly weapon" which could include a gun, melee weapon, or a vehicle." It is the position of the prosecution that due to the defendant colliding with the cruiser while driving at a high rate of speed, which is not confirmed, the defendant knowingly put the deputy at risk and should result in the applicability of the charge. It is the decision of the courts that this charge is not applicable for the actions taken by the defendant.

Finally, GM08 - Vandalism of Government Property states, "Every person who maliciously commits any of the following acts with respect to any real or personal property not his or her own is guilty of vandalism:
    • Defaces with graffiti or other inscribed material.
    • Damages.
    • Destroys.
    • Damages/Destroys with intent to commit further crime"

For this charge to apply the prosecution must prove to the court that the defendant maliciously committed the act of colliding with the cruiser in order to damage it, however it is the decision of the court that the defendant did not try to collide with the cruiser intentionally which would need to be the case for the malice to be proven.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
    • On the count of VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle, I find the defendant, Harley Pavlovich, guilty.
    • On the count of WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons, I find the defendant, Harley Pavlovich, guilty.
    • On the count of VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment, I find the defendant, Harley Pavlovich, guilty.
    • On the count of WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon of a Government Employee, I find the defendant, Harley Pavlovich, not guilty.
    • On the count of GM08 - Vandalism of Government Property, I find the defendant, Harley Pavlovich, not guilty.

Chief Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”