• [X] Before Verdict
    [ ] After Verdict
Reason for Notice of Appeal:
  • [ ] Motion to be overturned
    [ ] Errors in the trials procedure
    [X] Errors in the judge's interpretation of the law
    [ ] New evidence proving appellants innocence
Grounds for Appeal: (Maximum 150 words)
  • On Sunday, July 10th 2022 the San Andreas Criminal Court held a hearing on a motion for the suppression of evidence from the defense. In this motion, the defense argued that the police officers involved in the situation did not have probable cause to search Mr. Rueso's vehicle. The defense argued that the phone call given to 911 dispatch was not sufficient probable cause to search Mr. Rueso's vehicle. The prosecution argued that with the entirety of evidence, the phone call reporting the human meat was sufficient probable cause to search Mr. Rueso's vehicle. With the search leading to charges placed, this was very consequential. The Honorable Chief Justice Colt Daniels upheld that although it was not Probable Cause to search the vehicle, it was reasonable suspicion to do so. In the state of San Andreas, Probable cause is required for a search, not reasonable suspicion.
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-AP-0002, Timmy Rueso v. State of San Andreas

Post by Judith Mason »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Parties,

I am Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be the presiding over this case in my courtroom. At this point in time, I will be assigning this case to docket number #22-AP-0002.

I will be asking both parties to submit a initial written brief outlining their position of this appeal and giving any legal arguments as to why I should rule in their favor. After each party has submitted a brief, I will schedule a hearing for any further oral arguments to be made in person before issuing a decision.

@Alex Butanovich, as Prosecuting Attorney Briggs is no longer employed with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, I would ask that you take over as the primary counsel for your party in this appeal. Should further assistance be required, please reach out to the Attorney General.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Peit Vanniekerk
ECRP Forum Name: Kabubu2

Regarding #22-AP-0002, Timmy Rueso v. State of San Andreas

Post by Peit Vanniekerk »

• Thank you, Justice Judith Mason

During the hearing to suppress evidence, there was cause to believe that there was no probable cause given to search my client's taco truck. He was compliant with officers and had no active warrent against his name nor did he have anything dangerous on their person. A phone call was made by an unknown person that a taco truck was selling human meat and the officers stopped my clients truck based on that phone call.

The officers then proceeded to detain my client and search their vehicle without their concent and without a warrent to do so. Furthermore, my client was arrested long before it was professionally tested and the meat was seized long before the expert witness had taken a look at it.

It is not enough to search a vehicle solely based on a single phone call as that is not probable cause to search any vehicle in the State of San Andreas.

Respectfully,

Junior Defense Attorney
    (909) 485-1978 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

As the prosecution has dropped the charge in the Superior Court, this appeal will not have any effect on any lower court decisions - this case is being closed and archived.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”