Defendant Name: Gregory Gregov
Defendant Phone: 3372439
Defendant Address: n/a
(( Defendant Discord: Fin#6260 ))
Requested Attorney: Cyrus Raven
Charging Department: Los Santos Police Department
Time & Date of Incident(s): around 8pm utc 10/07/22
Charge(s): GM01-Assault of a Government Employee
Narrative: I spat on the floor after talking to a police officer and was instantly detained and charged with assault as they believed I spat on them, even though it was impossible as I was far away from them. They made it seem like I had physically assaulted someone even though I hadn't and embarrassed me in front of a lot of people. The officers badge numbers are: 18481 and 23495, (I was accused of assault by 18481 and detained and arrested by 23495.)

I, [Gregory Gregov ], hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Gregory Gregov

Post by Cyrus Raven »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

I, Public Defense Attorney Cyrus Raven, will be representing the defendant, Gregory Gregov, in this case. I have made myself aware of the contents of this case and have made contact with the defendant. I am ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Respectfully,

Public Defense Attorney
    5356160 — [email protected]
Robert Winejudge
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Robert Winejudge »

• To whom it may concern,

I, Junior Attorney Robert Winejudge will be acting as co-counsel to Defense Attorney Cyrus Raven in this case, representing Gregory Gregov. I have made myself aware of the contents of the case, and I'm ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Respectfully,

Junior Defense Attorney
    (909) 372-4223 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0040, State of San Andreas v. Gregory Gregov

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I am Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be the presiding over this case in my courtroom. At this point in time, I will be assigning this case to docket number #22-CM-0040.

@Hugh Allgood, please assign counsel to act as the prosecution in this case so that discovery may be ordered.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

Unless reassigned by the attorney general, that will not be required. Show myself entering into the docket representing the state of San Andreas, having already began my investigation into this case.

Best Wishes,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
    (909) 590-4566 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

#22-CM-0040
Presiding Judge: Judith Mason

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Gregory Gregov
#22-CM-0040

A court order was entered in the above case on 31 July, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Gregory Gregov, #22-CM-0040 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery initial to the court, some evidence has yet to be presented
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0040
    Requesting Party: Superior Court of San Andreas
    Party Members: State of San Andreas, Caroline Johnson
    Exhibit #1: Los Santos Police Department
    Type of Discovery: Arrest Report
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery An arrest report detailing what occurred the day of the incident took place.
    Exhibit #2: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Witness Statement - Cadet Rija Dayson
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery A statement from Rija Dayson about the situation that took place. As well as what he personally witnessed.

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Case Number: State of San Andreas v. Gregory Gregov’
        Incident Date: 10/07/22
      Witness Information
      • Name: Rija Dayson
        Date of Birth: 17.JAN.1997
        Phone Number: 557-9409
      Witness Statement
      • On the said day i was on Patrol with Mike Luigi, we went to a situation at Burgershot where we met Elizabeth and Phillipe Sanchez, while we were standing outside Burgershot near the ATM, mister Gregov walked past us spitting on Chief Sanchez, in my eyes and in the eyes of the other people he was clearly aiming at Chief Sanchez which resultet in him being arrested by me in the order of the Chief.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Rija Dayson, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Rija Dayson
        Police Cadet
        Los Santos Police Department

Date: 29/JUL/2022

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

Motion to Compel Discovery
Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0040
    Requesting Party: Cyrus Raven
    Party Members: Cyrus Raven (Attorney), Robert Winejudge (Attorney), Gregory Gregov (Defendant)
    Discovery from: Los Santos Police Department

Type of Discovery: Bodycam/Dashcam
    • The Defense is requesting Bodycam/Dashcam footage from the following Los Santos Police Department Members/Units:
      • Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez
      • Commander Elizabeth Sanchez
      • Officer Mike Luigi
      • Cadet Rija Dayson
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The requested evidence is paramount to establish whether or not the defendant committed the alleged charge. It is the obligation of all law enforcement agents to have their body cams on at all times while on-duty, as per their internal protocols.

Sincerely,

Public Defense Attorney
5356160 — [email protected]
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0040
    Requesting Party: Superior Court of San Andreas
    Party Members: State of San Andreas, Caroline Johnson
    Exhibit #3: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Bodycam Footage - Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery Bodycam from the assault that took place at burgershot.

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

• Honorable Judith Mason,

As no further information is able to be provided, we ask to move to a motions hearing on this case as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Caroline Johnson
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Please mark your availability on this scheduling tool for a motions hearing on this case.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I will be tentatively scheduling this hearing for this Friday, August 12th, at 11pm (( UTC )).

I understand there is a limited window of availability at this time, however, Chief Justice Daniels is conducting a proceeding for State of San Andreas v. Timmy Rueso one hour prior to this at 10pm. Once that proceeding has wrapped up, we will clear the desks and conduct the proceeding for this case

As such, I would ask that parties arrive at the courthouse no later than 10:30pm in case we can begin the proceeding for this case early, in order to ensure that we have enough time to cover all topics of discussion.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0040

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

22-CM-0040

CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
GM01 - Assault of a Government Employee

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 12th day of August, 2022.

• During a Motions Hearing held late in the day on August 12th, 2022, parties brought forth four motions:
    • A Motion for Discovery submitted by the prosecution provided the court with a single sentence arrest report and a single sentence witness statement by an LSPD Cadet involved in the incident.
    • A Motion to Compel Discovery for Body Camera and/or Dash Camera footage of the incident submitted by the defense.
    • A Motion for Discovery which intended to provide body camera footage of the alleged assault, but unfortunately only contained an encrypted file in which no footage was viewable.
    • A verbal Motion for Involuntary Dismissal submitted by the defense for the lack of evidence available in this case.

The initial Motion for Discovery of the limited statements provided in the Arrest Report and Witness Statement was granted and thus admitted into evidence, however, because there was no viewable body camera footage (( nor any RP’d body camera footage )) provided in the second Motion for Discovery, that motion was denied.

While the Motion to Compel Discovery for further body camera and/or dash camera footage was granted, discussions quickly moved onto a verbal Motion for Involuntary Dismissal due to the apparent unwillingness for the LSPD officers involved to provide any statements of substance or any evidence of the crime allegedly committed.

The presentation of evidence by the prosecution is a key step in every trial throughout all jurisdictions within the United States - the State of San Andreas is no exception. We require that, should a case come through the Superior Court, the prosecution must present evidence and arguments to show the court that the defendant is guilty of a specific crime beyond a reasonable doubt. This is a rather high standard but it is an essential standard to the effective administration of justice and must be met in all criminal cases that are being prosecuted in the state.

Unfortunately for this case, the only evidence that has been provided to the prosecution by law enforcement officers has been a one sentence arrest report, a one sentence witness statement, and an encrypted file that supposedly contains the body camera footage of the Deputy Chief of Police that was allegedly assaulted, but that remains unseen as the footage is inaccessible. (( Once again, RP’d footage is acceptable in place of an actual video, but neither was provided in this case. ))

The appointed prosecutor attempted to make contact with the law enforcement officers involved, however, even after two weeks had passed since her initial request and the court had further ordered discovery be presented, the only statement that had been made available to her was that which was written by a cadet who was in training at the time, rather than any of the seasoned officers present, including a Police Officer II, a Police Commander, and the Deputy Chief of Police himself who had been allegedly assaulted.

As such, I have determined that the prosecution has not met its burden of proof due to the fact that there simply is not enough evidence to move forward with the defendant’s prosecution, and therefore, I am now obligated to issue the following verdict:
    • On the count of GM01 - Assault of a Government Employee, I find the defendant, Gregory Gregov, not guilty.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”