Sheriff's Newsletter - June 2022

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Timothee Olsen
ECRP Forum Name: Icarus

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - June 2022

Post by Timothee Olsen »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Assistant Sheriff Davis
    As June ends and July begins, I'd like to thank all my colleagues within the department for a successful June. This month, we saw a rapid increase in violent crime within the county with the return of the criminal group known as the Irish. Our members of the Sheriff's Department valiantly fought and arrested most of these criminals at multiple points of the month. Due to the sheer number of these criminals, a lot of deputies lost their life. The risk that we take entering the field every day is insurmountable to anything else. As such, we've reopened our recruitment to ensure that no deputy on the field stands alone.

The Los Santos Sheriff's Department has a lot to be proud of as well. Be it our Special Enforcement Detail that ensures these highly armed criminals are met on even terms and even force. Our Sheriff's Investigation Bureau that aims to catch these criminals and charge them before they've had a chance to resort to violence. Last but not least, we have our Detention and Parole Bureau to thank for serving arrest warrants on wanted criminals as well as allowing a chance at reformation for the least violent offenders.

If you see a deputy on the field, know that we are working hard to ensure your safety within the county and to prevent these atrocious crimes from taking place.

Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH
    Master Deputy Zero Hunter

For the month of June, The Sheriff's Department has decided to award Master Deputy Zero Hunter with the title of Deputy of the Month! Master Deputy Hunter has been serving with the department since September 15th, 2021, and has worked tirelessly day in and day out each day that has been with the department.

Master Deputy Hunter even has gone above and beyond in his attempts to serve his community, going through the LSEMS EMT Program, though due to conflicting shift schedules, had to make a choice to continue serving his community in a more preventive way.

We look forward to the continued work from Master Deputy Hunter, and we know that we can depend on him as a trustworthy and honest deputy in the field.

STORY OF THE MONTH
  • Illegal street racing has always been a concern for Law Enforcement agencies, over recent years Los Santos has seen a rise in the number of groups and street gangs participating in unlawful racing on public roads. Deaths and quality-of-life concerns have been widely reported and acknowledged by the Sheriff's Department – sometimes, parties related to illegal street racing have involved gun-brandishing participants, as well as a trail of refuse, such as beer cans and take-out containers, as well as excessive noise. Both the LSPD and LSSD have ramped up efforts to help reduce the number of unlawful assemblies through the creation of T.E.D and H.E.D.

One of the most effective means of reducing public road racing is through the planning of legitimate racing events and groups. On June the 12th 2022, established Car Enthusiasts Burnout Nation hosted an open track day at Zancudo Military base with the endorsement of the Government. This event would enable vehicle owners to test their vehicle's performance capabilities in a controlled & safe environment.

The event undoubtedly had an excellent attendance! With attendance from a lot of civilians, Bayview and both PD & SD media relations the event ran seamlessly and was met with glowing reviews from all in attendance. In keeping with the message our departments were relaying, the Los Santos Police Department's Media Relations Division, headed up by Peter Johnson agreed to participate in a timed head-to-head with the Sheriff's Information Division headed up by Paulo Witherfork. This would convey the message that racing is only prohibited in a legal setting and showcase our vehicle fleet's performance capabilities. It was to no surprise that the LSSDs won the time trial by a long shot, having completed the lap with over a 5-second time advantage, reaffirming the driving standards of our department in the local community.

The Los Santos Sheriff's Department extends our gratitude to Burnout Nation for organizing such events and we will continue to endorse all legal racing events.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

This month, our deputy spotlight is a bit unconventional. Remmi here is a Corporal with the Sheriff's Department being trained with Deputy Hunter. Remmi is specialized in gun residue searches to determine if someone was involved in a shootout or is keeping an illegal firearm hidden in a nook of their vehicle. Remmi is a white labrador who loves salmon treats and scratches from his trainer.

Master Deputy Hunter and Remmi have gotten very close in their time and the two have become inseparable together. Deputy Hunter and Remmi can be found on patrol within the county, ensuring no criminals are getting past with an illegal firearm that was not spotted.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Joe Olson
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Cliff Derringer
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Umbra Smith (Reinstatement)
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Investigator I
    • Timothee Olsen
    • Oscar Black
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Colin Quinn (Reinstatement)
    • Jett Jones (Reinstatement)
    • Zero Hunter
    • Jimmy Solicetto
    • Fillmoore Grayson
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Gustavo Waltz (Transfer)
    • Audrey Hartwell
    • Alex Mathews (Reinstatement)
    • Jacob West (Reinstatement)
    • Kian Lawless
    • Colt Black
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Hanz Waltz (Transfer)
    • Tom Brown (Transfer)
    • Harvey Sutherland (Reinstatement)
    • Daniel Deluca
    • Thomas Dawson
    • Mannfred Valentine (Reinstatement)
    • Jay Alva
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Jack Handley
    • Arthur Valentine
    • Bunji Nangala
    • Chris Diablo

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • Question of the Month - What does pride mean to you?
    Master Deputy Bunkie Johnson - To answer your question, pride to me is many things. Pride is being able to be your true self no matter the situation. To love everyone around you, to be supportive. It is a reminder that everyone is different, and to love those even when they aren't the same as yourself.

Captain Noah Carlile - Before getting to know a few of the alphabet people in the department, I was quite fearful of an uprising during pride month; however, getting to know some of them, Pride to me is a fruitful month filled with happiness and self-expression. I think it is crucial that my coworkers feel comfortable in their bodies and should be able to express their love. With that, Pride to me is a time of self-expression and understanding for one another even if we don't personally understand it ourselves. I, a straight white biological straight white male, do not understand to the fullest capacity of what an LQGTB person feels or perceives the world around them, but this month is for us to support their love and their run to change history.

Field Agent Wiley Reno - I have faced a lot discrimination for my lifestyle in my life, increasingly as I have become a more public individual. Pride to me means standing up for my beliefs and not backing down to discrimination.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. This month we saw an increase in the number of deputies reinstating to the department. If you wish to join these deputies on the field, our recruitment is now open. Joining the Los Santos Sheriff's Department is one of the most selfless things you can do.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Investigator I Timothee Olsen
    (909) 282-1222 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”