Press Release June 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release June 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the SADOC June Press Release! Summer is finally here and with that comes lots of awesome new things at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.
June is a very special month for myself and many members of SADOC as it's Pride month. We joined in the month long celebration by contributing to the pride parade as well as promoting positivity to inmates and employees. We also had an awards ceremony this month, The Kourtnies, where employees voted on who they thought best deserved to win certain awards such as Best Ginger, Officer of the Year and Loudest over the radio. You can see the winners of these awards near the end of the press release.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month June 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My most memorable achievements, would have be Joining the Felon. Reformation. Division, and becoming a supervisor in it. C.E.R.T. is also, a goal I had since I first saw them, in action as a Trainee. I knew I wanted to be the best, of the best, and I knew if I worked hard, some day, I would achieve this goal. My hard work paid off, when I was approached as a CO2, and asked to join the elite team, which is unheard of in the D.O.C. Usually, you have to be much higher ranks to be considered for a spot. The last thing I would add, and probably the most important on the list. Is building a bond of friendship, and trust between the officers I work, with here at S.A.D.O.C. Every one I work with here, are professional's in the jobs they are assigned, and we all work hard, towards the goal of rehabilitating the inmates we house.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Keep my nose to the Grind stone, and continue working hard for the betterment of S.A.D.O.C

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
What are you waiting for a written invitation? Joining S.A.D.O.C, was the best decision I ever made, and I would not change a single thing, in the long road, to get to where I am in the D.O.C. I love putting the uniform on, and coming to work everyday, and seeing my family. You will truly feel like you belong somewhere working with us.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Irish meeting with an inmate
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Pride at the DOC
This month at DOC was special for everyone!
Our department knows that love is love, and believes you should love who you want. June is pride month for the LBGQI+ community. As such, DOC was part of a parade that coursed through the entire city!

There are many people working at DOC, and inmates that inhabit our walls, that are all part of the LBGQI+ squad, so showing our support for the community was only fitting! We want people in our care and payroll to feel like they can be who they are, to be their best selves, and demonstrated this with our presence!
Our own Stefan Dobrev had this to say!
Although times can be trying for us, it's best to live your life the way you want. Don't let others spoil your happiness or make you feel like you need to be a certain way. No one is the same, so it's best to embrace the difference. If you're struggling with issues that many of us from the community do, don't be afraid to reach out to a guard at DOC for advice or insight. We are always here to help. As a bisexual man from a small town, I get that being yourself is not easy but from experience, it's so worth it.
Inmate of the Month

Shego Severo

Shego is no stranger to DOC we have not gone 1 week this month without seeing her behind our walls. Whenever she is here, she also brings joy and excitement to the inmates and some of the officers too.

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • To rebel against the police for not letting me be with my boyfriend. I love him and we're currently having trouble in our relationship due to him being absolutely legal and me not being capable of holding his standards, we're basically Romeo and Juliet of Los Santos, so I need to make sure to earn money in case he gets fired and joins the dark side to be with me. I would love that be I would not want him to give up his dream job for me, so all I can do is commit crimes to see him more often.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • I love OFFICER ACE and officer Coral, in the past months I have been bonding quite a bit with each of them even if I am a criminal they are not judging me for who I am, they look through it and I love both of them a lot, they give me joy, entertainment and make me feel at home in those dark times.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Getting touched by officers who are not my boyfriend. I know it is the rules but in the end, only one guy gets to touch my body.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I would like to have a "meet your inmate" kinda thing, where people can go inside the DOC and take an inmate on an adventure, like the one where you go to Disneyland before you die when you are really sick. Also, I would like a DOC dating where we couple with inmates to find if people are matching us for future adventures.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • So basically one thing that needs to change is the amount of food an inmate receives. I once almost starved to death if officer Ace did not come with a fresh burger from Burgershot to give me. I would cook for the inmates and spoonfeed them. I would help them clean themselves, cut their hair, and make them come back into normality.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Yes, I wish my boyfriend would be here holding my hands while I cry myself to sleep every night waiting for him to return, sometimes I do not see him for days and I think he is dead. The other day we had a funeral for him and I found out he was not dead. However, I could not have known that he was not because I got no information in DOC.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • I think the people secretly enjoy my company, I met a lot of people in the DOC that are actually sort of kinda my friends at this stage. Outside of prison, I hang around with them once in a while and enjoy their company so in the end, it feels like I have the same company inside and outside, it is really soothing considering my heart is constantly broken by not being able to be with my true love.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • Okay guys, listen up, first of all, cracking cars open just to take a car speaker is not worth it, go for bigger things and connections and find yourself a bunch of people you can call home and you never feel alone with. If it is legal or illegal activities make sure no matter where you are you know people will think about you. Also, I would recommend whenever you see Ace, screaming "OFFICER ACE" is really a highlight of Ace's day and will make him extremely happy. Finally, I wanna say thanks to my mom and dad for bringing me into this world so I can pleasure people with joy.
Out with the old...

The DOC is a department of progress. We are always changing, advancing, and updating. In the last month, we have added so many new features it is hard to keep up!

The Feeling Room
Sometimes the DOC can be a stressful job. Inmates are often kind and cooperative, but those that do not drain a lot of our energy and serotonin. And though we are a happy family, we do sometimes have tensions amongst ourselves. We decided to open a feeling room to assist with this!
Sitting area It features a lush and calming area with lots of space to sit and talk about our troubles to each other or one of our on-staff therapists.
Bonding area Off-duty officers can come together to watch movies or television together.

The Bunkhouse
A lot of our guards have lovely homes to return to at night, but sometimes the drive is too long after a hard day. Others want to wake up and get right back to work! To assist these officers, we have built an immaculate bunkhouse!
Sitting area
An excellent place to relax after a hard day- to listen to music, watch tv, read a book, or play a game!

Kitchen
The bunkhouse has a fully stocked and state-of-the-art kitchen for our guards to have a quick snack or an immaculate feast!

The Bedroom
The bedroom has seven sturdy, comfortable beds for our guards to sleep in. But the best feature of this room, and the bunkhouse itself, is the ambiance garden. Lit softly in the dark, it is pretty to look at and a fan gently blows the leaves to make the shadows soothing. There is always fresh air and the faint scent of flowers to lull our guards to sleep.

The Yard
The yard got a new expansion! It now includes a wall to paint on and room for even more new activities! It will be exciting to see how the DOC utilizes the new space!

The Auditorium
Our auditorium was, to be frank, ugly, industrial, and boring. It was like being in a school assembly with its rows of chairs below a stage- and it hadn't been updated in years. Until now! Our new auditorium is comfortable, intimate, and warm. Set up more like a theatre, it will certainly be a welcome change!
The Divisional Offices
Not many issues ago, it was revealed that we have divisional offices now! And since then, many of them have received a major facelift.
Groundskeeping

Correctional Field Training

Felon Reformation Division

The New Firearm Course
Our new pistol firearm course is a snaking maze of many rooms, with targets both hidden and visible. Our faster officer can clear it in just over two minutes with every target hit. We are excited to see who can best his time! Our course also has a glass walkway for observation, or for firing smoke grenades.

The Morgue
We all lose loved ones at some point in our lives and when we do we like to give them a proper send-off. At SADOC we believe the loved ones of inmates who lost their lives while serving a sentence should also get a chance to say their goodbyes.

Recently, we have opened a morgue and a graveyard at the DOC. The new morgue has a number of facilities that enables us to embalm, host funerals and burials, and perform cremations.

Morgue Office
The Morgue Office is used for family and friends to come and arrange a funeral and also possibly see their loved ones before they are buried.
Embalming Tables
As the name suggests, the embalming tables are used during the embalming of the deceased. It is also used to dress the deceased and ensure that they are looking their best for the funeral.
Wake Room
The wake room is where funerals and wakes are held, this is the main place where families and friends will be when they come to say their goodbyes or visit their loved ones before the funeral.
Grave Yard
The graveyard is found just outside of the morgue. It is where the deceased are buried if they were not cremated.
SADOC Correctional Kart Off
On Sunday, June 12th, DOC hosted a go-karting event for everybody to enjoy! It was hosted at the Drift Arena track, which was perfect for the go-karts. Each race consisted of five racers with five laps around the entire track. The main hype came from the prizes for the three winners of the tournament.
These prizes were
  • 1st place- Euros
  • 2nd place- Deviant
  • 3rd place- A Faggio mod!
Everybody had an amazing time and was eager to win the friendly competition! It was exciting and thrilling for everybody involved.
After many lively and exciting hours at the event, it came to an incredible end. Ace Schneider won himself the Faggio mod, Daryl Neumann won the Deviant muscle car, and Marc Ericsson came first and won the Euros! Despite not winning a prize, everybody went home happy after the great event!
Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#815 Harold Bohannon

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
#808 James Stile
#809 Daryl Neumann
#791 Thomas Young
#814 Allen Britto

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
#778 Lukas Valentine
#804 Ace Schneider
#798 Ghost Mclain
#788 Jonny Law
#736 Marc Ericsson
Image Corporal Image
#660 Sarah Williams
#768 Coral Lafleur

ImageSergeantImage
#735 Adam Payne
#760 Issei Schneider

ImageLieutenantImage
#738 Maximillian Payne

Image Assistant Warden Image
#05 Audrey Martin
    Promotion! Promotions! Promotions!
    This month was a huge month for promotions. We had a new addition to our supervisor team, two Corporals promoted to Sergeant, one Sergeant promoted to Lieutenant and one Commander promoted to Assistant Warden. Additionally, we had an ex employee reinstate and assumed the rank of Corporal.

Trainee to Corporal
    Back in January of 2022, Sarah Williams resigned from the DOC to take a break. Before she left she was a Sergeant and was doing an amazing job in the supervisor team. Recently she was reinstated to the DOC and after completing all of her training she assumed the rank of Corporal.
    Sarah Williams's Speech

SCO to Corporal
    Coral Lafleur has been with the SADOC for over 3 months. In those three months, she has worked hard not only in her divisional duties but in her general duties. She recently became the head of Groundskeeping and has been doing an amazing job so far. She, without a doubt fully deserved a spot on the supervisor team.
    Coral Lafleur wrote: I would like to thank everyone who has been guiding me through my time here at DOC, everyone who has made my time here at DOC enjoyable, and finally, I would like to thank high command and the supervisor team for giving me that chance to work alongside them.

Corporal to Sergeant
    The first of the two Corporals to achieve the rank of Sergeant was Adam Norris. From all his time at the SADOC, Adam has never received any complaints against him, he always works hard, he has always done what he has been told to do and he is a really good modal supervisor.
    Adam Norris wrote:Not very good with speeches so just going to say thank you for the promotion. Also I would like to thank everyone who has helped me achieve this goal of mine, who has been guiding and training me from my first day here at DOC, without them I wouldn’t be here.
    The second person who was promoted from Corporal to Sergeant was Issei Schneider. Issei has done an amazing job at DOC and has done so much for the DOC and provided a lot of paperwork in his time here. He has also been trying to push a new division here at the DOC.
    Issei Schneider's Speech.

Sergeant to Lieutenant
    This month Maximillian Speed was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. While Max was a Sergeant, he did a fantastic job. He took over as the head of CFT and has improved it significantly. Max is overall a very good Supervisor and will be an excellent Sergeant.
    Maximillian Speed's Speech

Commander to Assistant Warden
    Audrey Martin has been a part of the DOC since June 2021 and has been a Commander since April 2022. Since she became Commander she has done nothing but good work for the SADOC and that is why her new rank of Assistant Warden is well deserved.
    Audrey Martin's Speech
    Fire in the Hole
    One fine Friday in June we were having our weekly meeting and promotion ceremony. We had two special guests, Commissioner Lewis Langley and Solomon Cobb. Mr Langley had to take an urgent phone call, so he stepped out of the room to take it. About two minutes after, he ran back inside and shouted that there was a fire outside! Everyone who was at the meeting rushed outside only to be greeted with a fire that was burning our benches. Members from our Groundskeeping division rushed to get fire extinguishers to try to control the blaze, but it kept reigniting itself. We called the Fire Department and they quickly came to our assistance, bringing their fire engine into the DOC and extinguishing the blaze. Thank you again, Firefighters!

Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Divisional Changes
        Correctional Medical Team
        This month, Sean Payne stepped down from the head of CMT and passed this position on to Adam Norris.
        Adam Norris wrote:So just want to say thank you to Sean for giving me the chance to lead CMT and also to everyone in the division for doing a good job. Also with me now leading CMT, it means I have to step down from the head of Groundskeeping. I see good things from this person, they have been doing a lot of work, and helped me with a lot of things so I would like to congratulate Coral LaFleur on becoming Head of Groundskeeping.

Groundskeeping
        The speech by Coral can be viewed below:
        Coral LaFleur's Speech

Frlon Reformation Division

The position for the head of FRD opened up this month, and there was no one better to take that position than Issei Schneider. He has done a significant amount of work for the division and we all know he will do a good job in the future.
        Issei Schneider wrote: Hello Everyone and thank you, I did not expect to be given this position not this soon, and with this, I am very surprised, I want to thank everyone, Everyone has been doing great work recently and when it comes to FRD I am impressed on how my team is working, They are doing great and I am proud of them, With this, I want to announce for FRD there are going to be many new changes to FRD as I aim to build it back up to be the best it can possibly be, My goal is to make FRD something that it has not been and one day this will happen, I want to expand my FRD Team a lot and with this, I am happy with the team that I have, Keep up the hard work everyone.
        Kourtnies 2022
        This month we had the Kourtnies award ceremony. Below are a list of the awards and the winners of each of them:

Best Ginger: Audrey Martin
        Mr DOC: Maximilian Speed and Sean Payne
        Mrs DOC: Yuki Nakamura
        Silver Lining: Trixie Bankshot
        Good Samaritan: Ace Schneider
        The Megaphone: Ghost Mclain
        Quietest: Adam Norris
        Best Division Office: Groundskeeping, Coral Lafleur
        Latecomer: Katie Schneider
        Best Driver: Yuki Nakamura
        Paperwork: Issei Schneider
        Scariest: Ghost Mclain & Yuki Nakamura
        Best Trainer: Maximilian Speed
        Officer Recluse: Issei Schneider
        Comeback King/Queen: Yuki Nakamura
        Best Hair: Yuki Nakamura, Issei Schneider & Sean Payne
        Clapped Award: Issei Schneider
        The Forgettable: Rod Rodriguez
        Politest Officer: Trixie Bankshot
        Most likely to get IA reported: Guilherme Tavares
        No Lifer: Ace Schneider
        Best Inmate: Darius Bivins
        Worst Inmate: Sophia Falcone
        Most Accident Prone: Issei Schneider & Coral Lafleur
        Most likely to get fired: Guilhereme Tavares
        Most likely to become a Warden (ignoring the people that are already Wardens): Sean Payne & Trixie Bankshot
        Officer of the Year: Issei Schneider

Each winner won a special trophy as well as $10,000.
        Here are graphs of all of the votes!
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any character))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        Wowee what an awesome Press Release! I'd especially like to thank Marc Ericsson for his amazing contribution to this month's press release.
        July 4th is soon around the corner so be sure to check out next month's press release to see how we celebrate. Until then, we hope you enjoyed reading this press release. If you have any questions, comments on concerns then don't hesitate to reach out!

Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Trixie Bankshot
        Sergeant, PR Editor-In-Chief

[email protected]
        Marc Ericsson
        COIII, Promoter