Sheriff's Newsletter - May 2022

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Timothee Olsen
ECRP Forum Name: Icarus

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - May 2022

Post by Timothee Olsen »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis
    May saw a very successful month for the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. The Special Enforcement Detail, Detention and Parole Bureau, and Sheriff's Investigation Bureau have been working tirelessly to keep up with the increase in gang crimes and have made dozens of arrests on various members of various criminal organizations. While these criminals return to their old ways once out of the Department of Corrections, the previously mentioned bureaus and details will be there waiting to arrest them again.

We also welcomed back seven reinstatements within the department, further proving the Los Santos Sheriff's Department and the oath that our deputies take is for life. The department is excited to welcome these deputies back onto the field and looks forward to them sharing their expertise with our newer deputies.

Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH
    Deputy Sheriff II Brayton Williams

This month, we are pleased to announce Deputy Williams as our deputy of the month. Deputy Williams has been a powerhouse within the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau and has quickly adapted to fill his role within the department. While Deputy Williams is not in too many divisions within the Sheriff's Department, this helps him put all of his attention into his roles within the department.

Deputy Williams used to work for the Los Santos Sheriff's Department before he quit to work at the Department of Corrections, after working there for a bit, he returned to us and has been demonstrating fantastic attention to detail and kindness that few deputies have shown. Williams is a standup deputy who perfectly encapsulates the courtesy, professionalism, and respect that all deputies are expected to uphold. Congratulations to Deputy Williams.

STORY OF THE MONTH
  • It is no surprise that our Detention and Parole Bureau has been putting in some phenomenal work. They have been bolstering their Bureau for the past months, and it is evident with their extensive operations and parole logs. With the help of SED and SIB, they have been able to seize millions in contraband and conduct 16 arrests! Don't forget their community contribution and their paroling program. They have dismantled the stigma behind felons and have even worked with the Downtown Cab Co and opened recruitment to felons who went through the parole program. They have even made an assistant manager out of one of the passed parolees! Here is a short word from the Assistant Manager!
    Steve Obrian wrote: "I was once a criminal, caught and charged with many crimes, but I soon realized that crime doesn't pay. While I was on parole, I was handed a parole deputy handed me an application for DCC as a parole trainee. I took it quickly, and have passed through the ranks, taking me to where I am now, Assistant Manager. I own a small house in Mirror Park, have good friends, happier memories, and most importantly a community that treats me as family. As a closing statement, just because you have a criminal record doesn't mean you have to go back to crime. There is always a place for you, and at DCC."

Yours truly,

Steve Obrian
    Here is a peek inside of the other side of DPB, the Detention Division. Below are charges and contraband resulting from detention operations.
    Charges and Contraband

Charges placed:

13x's VF01 - Evading an Officer
    11x's WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons
    3x's GM10 - Failure to Comply/Identify
    4x's WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications
    2x's DM01 - Controlled Substance Possession
    2x's WM02 - Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm
    2x's GM04 - Resisting Arrest
    2x's SF02 - Attempted Murder of a Gov. Employee
    2x's DM02 - Possession of a Controlled Substance While Armed
    GM08 - Vandalism
    GF03 - Armed Robbery
    GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
    VF05 - Felony Public Endangerment
    WF02 - Shooting from a Vehicle (Drive By) of a Gov
    VM02 - Operating a Vehicle with a Suspended License
    GM08 - Vandalism of a Gov. Employee
    DM03 - Possession of Drug Paraphanelia
    DM04 - Manufacturing Narcotics
    GM13 - Criminal Threats of a Gov. Employee
    GF22 - Parole Violation
    VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle
    WM05 - Possession of Illegal Body Armor as a Felon
    GM16 - Failure to Pay a Fine
    GM14 Obstruction of Justice
    Accessory to WF02 - Shooting from a Vehicle (Drive By) of a Gov Employee

Contraband Seized -

19x's Firearms
    525x's Rounds of Ammunition
    5x's Weapon Silencer
    1x's Extended Magazine
    50x's Drug Processing Tables
    115 Grams of Unprocessed Marijuana
    2x's Marijuana Blunts
    Here are some of the pictures from the detention operations;
    Pictures

Their involvement in the department is detrimental to keeping dangerous felons on the street, but also helping in the reformation of felons throughout their parole program.

Here is a quote from Field Agent Wiley Reno, Agent in Charge of the Detention Division,
    Field Agent Reno wrote: "The Detention and Parole Bureau has certainly seen better days in terms of membership, but I can say without a doubt that today the Bureau is performing more efficiently than it ever has before. In just the past month, the Bureau has confiscated millions of dollars worth of illegal contraband in the form of firearms, narcotics, and narcotics paraphernalia. This is by far more contraband than the Bureau has seized since its conception. Thanks to the guidance of Sheriff Bobby Kirk, the Bureau has inherited a new generation of powerful leaders such as our Commanding Officer, Field Agent Steven Lee. We’ve also built a fantastic supervisory team staffed by Agents-in-Charge Trent Williams and Bert Martin. Our newest parole deputies are enthusiastic about our mission as a Bureau and will surely be fantastic in their careers with the Bureau. We are hopeful that with our recent success that new deputies will apply for a career with the Bureau and explore some of our long-term career paths in the bureau, such as our surveillance operations or fugitive apprehension operations."

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Deputy Spotlight: Deputy Sheriff II Colt Black!

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    "I became a deputy once again because I was previously in the Sheriff’s Department over 11 months ago however I did not surpass trainee. After seeing familiar faces back in the department, I only thought it would be right for myself to come back as well!"

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    "My favorite thing about being a deputy within the LSSD is doing my part to assist upstanding citizens in the County and bring criminals to justice!"

What would you say has been your proudest moment whilst being a deputy at the LSSD?
    "I would say my proudest moment whilst being a deputy at the LSSD was becoming a member of the Gang Unit and proactively patrolling to suppress gang activity."

Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
    "In 3 months' time, I hope to see myself as a Gang and Narcotics Investigator!"

What does the Sheriff's Department Motto: "A Tradition of Service" Mean to you?
    "The motto "A Tradition of Service" to me means that my duty is to uphold the key morals of the department as well as ensuring that I protect & serve the citizens of the county."

If you had one piece of advice for the current-day trainees, what would it be?
    "My advice for current day trainee’s would be to stick to what you enjoy doing. Just because a friend may be in a different division does not mean you should follow them for that reason alone. If you are really enjoying it, stick to it and you will progress far!"
    -
PROMOTIONS

• Image Investigator II ► Image Investigator III
    • Charlie Wilkinson
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Toni Salatoni
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Wiley Reno
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Argus Sneijder
    • Miles Logan
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Nica Dumitru
    • Bunkie Johnson
    • Mark Haynes
    • George Hill
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Arhkyp Kobylansky
    • Zero Hunter
    • James Valor
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Kian Lawless
    • Michael Fontana
    • Colt Black
    • Carlos Rubio
    • Brayton Williams
    • Adam Greyson
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Alexhander Jobs
    • Pablo Enames
    • Jay Alva
    • Thomas Dawson
    • Daniel DeLuca

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • Question of the Month - What is your favorite memory of SED?
    Deputy Sheriff III Ronaldson - My Favourite memory in SED would be when I went on a DELTA patrol with Jimmy and Audrey, there were just so many things going on, we neutralised a shooter who ambushed a pursuit and then immediately stopped a 6 person store robbery after leaving the hospital, it really helped us bond as a team!

Master Deputy Solicetto - My favorite memory in SED is going to have to be our last training. SED's trainings have always great humor but we always take it serious when needed and it makes it feel like we are one big family rather than just fellow operatives. Our last training with my unit we were teamed up with we just had great communication and it really went well on our end which really made me enjoy being a part of SED and have my teammates by my side.

Deputy Sheriff III Valor - Unfortunately, pretty much everything that we do within SED is confidential. But I would say my proudest moment was when I responded to an active shootout in a dangerous location with many armed assailants, where I then carried an injured deputy out of the gunfire providing treatment to them and ensuring their safety.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. May has been a rather exciting month for the department with no calm shifts and numerous shootouts in the county being reported. As always, we are just a phone call away, or you can feel free to submit a crime report here.

June is sure to be an exciting month for the department and we look forward to what it holds for all of us within the department and all of the citizens of the county.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Sergeant Martin Haswell
    (909) 568 9567 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”