Press Release May 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release May 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the May 2022 Press Release!
It has been a very productive month at SADOC with the opening of the first new division in a very long time, the Correctional K9 Division where Correctional Officers can train their dogs to be patrol, detection or therapy dogs.
We have also expanded both the command and the supervisor team the past month.
Notable mention this month to the fun we had with a submarine event, both with driving the submarine and losing the submarine. You can read all about it near the bottom of the press release.

Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month May 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Some memorable achievements from my service so far would have to be returning to DOC after I left,(I would like to thank Adam Norris for encouraging me to come back).Also, getting into HR at CO1 I, I was surprised that I actually got in.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My next goals as a SADOC officer are to climb the ranks and eventually get into to Supervisor team and ranking up in my divisions.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Anyone looking to join SADOC, do it! yes we do hard work but on the off hand we have fun too and we are one big family here at DOC.

SADOC- San Andreas Doggos of Corrections
"I found a Corrections Dog in my dumpster."
"How'd you know he was a Corrections Dog?"
"He had a Corrections Offiicer with him."

The CK9D, Correctional Canine Division is for members who wish to aid FRD, Psych, CERT or Patrols. Our dog can be used for a number of things including:
  • Patrols -When officers are doing general patrols around the prison, if they are K9 approved, they can bring their dog along with them on the patrol.
  • Detections -Detection dogs or "sniffers" are used for detecting drugs and contraband in the prison.
  • Therapy -Therapy dogs are used by Psych and FRD to help inmates and reformees feel more comfortable when talking to officers.
Kennel Area
We have made sure that our dogs have a comfy place to stay while at DOC. A few of our officers have taken the time to make a cozy kennel area for our dogs to inhabit.

We have four different breeds of dogs approved for use at DOC! The Border Collie, the Husky, the Labrador Retriever and the Rottweiler.

Before our dogs can become K-9 certified they must go through a number of things.

Vaccination and Chip
The very first step to getting our dogs K-9 certified is getting them vaccinated and chipped. This ensures that our dogs will not get ill easily, particularly in the kennels, and it allows us to easily track the dogs if they get lost.
Medical Check Up
The second step is getting our dogs checked by a member of our Correctional Medical Team. This check up checks all aspects of the body, starting from the top working down to the tail and back legs. This makes sure that nothing is wrong with our dogs and that they are in good shape.

Training
Our dogs then go through a number of trainings. From basic commands like, Sit, Stay, Come and Laydown to more advance trainings like proving their prowess on the log balance, over-under poles and cones at our Brand New P.T course. The dogs are also given a tour of DOC so they can become familiar with their surroundings.

After that, they are ready for their exciting new career at the DOC!

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Storytime
There are many things to do when you arrive as an inmate at the DOC.
  • Watch movies or TV in the rec room
  • A nice hot shower
  • Read books
  • Talk in the lounge
  • Cook in the kitchen
  • Do laundry
  • Yoga/meditation under the Jaracanda tree.
  • Basketball
  • Pingpong
  • Work out
  • Games like poker, never have I ever, two truths and a lie, etc.
  • Draw on notes/the white board

But some inmates have also begun to enjoy, and even request, stories told by the DOC guards. Trixie Bankshot-Vane has started the DOC Storytime, and been requested multiple times to read to the inmates. Stories she has covered are fairytales like Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling, Jack and the Beanstalk and the Snow Queen. She has also covered scary stories like Mayhem Mountain, Autopilot and Psychosis. She's even begun reading Borrasca, a very long fridge-horror novel, to one repeat inmate when she has the time.

So next time you're in DOC and feel like dozing off to a story or enjoying a creepy tale, just ask!

In an adorable surprise development, it was revealed that Sergeant Bankshot-Vane is not alone in the telling of stories! It seems another correctional officer, Ghost McLain, has extended this kindness to the other officers and the warden! When its quiet and some are ready for sleep, he will read short fairytales in a fatherly way, helping us drift off to the land of nod.

Below are two special samples of Trixie's reading- her own entry to the Weazel News poetry contest; The Sonnet of the Unicorn and Hans Christian-Anderson's The Ugly Duckling.
Inmate of the Month

Evan Haze

Mr.Haze is a somewhat familiar face here at DOC. Whe ever he is here, he only brings good vibes. As he mentioned in his interview, he loves having dance parties and reading books here at DOC. Outside, he loves to drive his cars. Mr. Haze was generous enough to take time to attend this interview and for that we are thankful.

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • What is your typical day like out of DOC?
    • My typical day includes hanging out with my organization, "The Haze Corporation", and working on making money. Though we call ourselves a corporation we more work as a family who is just very driven to work together and better our lives within the city.

• Why did you choose a life of crime?
    • Alright, well, it first started when I was working as a mechanic at Bayview. I started realizing many people were being treated unfairly by the Police and Sheriff departments respectively. This lead me to go and try to personally inact change and help improve criminal and personal relations cops and the citizens of the city by showing cops that as long as we are treated with respect we also will show respect that not all of us are just bad people many of us have very personal reasons for doing what we do.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • My favorite thing about DOC would have to be interacting with the staff rather it be dance parties with Daryl or reading books with Trixie, they are things that genuinely create a nice environment and allows us to enjoy ourselves in DOC and stop a lot of the fights that would happen otherwise as we are occupied.

• In contrast what's your least favorite thing about DOC?
    • My least favorite thing is when the is no-one around and it is very quiet and lonely being along just personally drives me crazy as i am a very social person.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • Personally I would give us better options to work and serve our time better, add things to help us rehabilitate into the community once we are out. I know a lot of people get out and are just mad they had their time wasted and had nothing to do then go get into more trouble.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • I generally miss my beautiful wife Amber as well as my family I also miss being able to dive my car as you can see by my record I get into chases quite often and I just love to drive.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell the people of Los Santos?
    • Would like them to feel comfortable coming up to anyone in The Haze Corporation and chatting with us though we do criminal activities at time we are actually quite kind and always looking to help people be more successful in the city.

That New Car Smell
SADOC has recently added two new vehicles our fleet.
The Kamacho

This amazing off-road vehicle is capable of a number of things, from patrols to rural transports.
The Brickade

The Brickade is a big boy and is only used in the transport of High Value Targets or Maximum Security Inmates. We use it to deflect any interceptions we may have while transporting or to break through any barricades.
Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#805 James Ericsson
#806 Frank Zhou
#807 Frank Walker
#808 James Stile
#809 Daryl Neumann
#810 Giovanni Balvuchi
#812 Alexa Parol
#814 Allen Britto

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
#736 Marc Ericsson
#780 Max Ericsson
#781 Jay Denton
#788 Jonny Law
#789 Poppi Lafleur
#793 Owen Michael
#796 Brendan Mclain
#797 Freya Larsen
#798 Ghost Mclain
#804 Ace McCormack

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
#619 Taishawn Martin
#771 Rock Paz
#785 Matteus Ericsson

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
#763 Johnny Bmore
#768 Coral Lafleur

ImageCorporalImage
#656 Lee Wellerman
#735 Adam Norris
#760 Issei Ryoshi

ImageCaptainImage
#08 Sean Payne
    Why DOC is the Best Job in the City!
    By Stefan Dobrev
    I started out like many people in the city, broke and no idea what I wanted to do with my life here. I discovered wood whacking shortly after I landed in Los Santos. I worked in the lumber yard for months until I met Mr. Cobb, who encouraged me to apply at DOC. I have to admit I was very nervous. I was never around people like this before. I spent so much alone time in the forest not talking to people that this was very stressful for me. But all the people who work at DOC were very inviting. It was hard learning every thing at first but over time it just became easier. DOC is also the best paying government job in the city, as far as starting pay goes. It can be scary doing something new anywhere, but DOC is a great place to work, meet people and grow as a person.

To add to Stefan's lovely praises, the editor in chief has added her own input as to why the DOC is the best job in the city!
    The DOC is comfortable niche. It has a little bit of every other job in the city, rolled into one. It has the adrenaline and weaponry of PD and SD, the transports feel like being a cab driver, there's mechanic work to be done with Groundskeeping maintaining our cars, the Correctional Medical Team tends to the inmates like MD tends to civilians, and there's even some work we do with the judicial branch, acting as bailiffs in court. But what is really special is that everyone is kept together in one place, so friendships can grow and bloom.
    Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Our New PT Course

Previously whenever we needed to do any sort of physical training, be it for new applicants or for Correctional Officers, we went to the P.T course in Paleto. Now that we have our very own course there is no longer a need to leave our facility.
        What does our new course feature?
        We have a number of obstacles in our new P.T course including:
        Cones
        Tires
        Monkey Bars
        Barriers
        Gymnastic rings
        Logs
        And more!

Special thanks to our grounds keeping team for building the course!
        The DOC Beach Episode
        On a fine day in Los Santos at DOC, we called for two Coach buses, each of us dressed in swimwear and beach clothes. Image
        It was a day for a party! Clambering aboard, we travelled down South to the docks where multiple Submarines were awaiting our arrival.
        We filled the seats and it was time to dive! Submerging beneath the waves to see fish and corals, we coasted on a long drive to the Island of Cayo Perico for a beach party!
        The speed on the submarine maxed out at an astonishing speed of 30MPH. Lightning fast.

We arrived at Cayo Perico at last for music, snorkeling, some drinks and dancing!
        ]After that, we decided to play a little game of Hide and Seek. It was very funny and amazing fun to play, with ample hiding spots like bushes and the top of the canopy. Besides that, there was yummy food as well as racing around on the Jet Skis, responsibly of course!

At the end of the day we slowly packed up and cleared the place, heading back to Los Santos in our little submarines. We drove even slower this time, to explore the Sea Life and the sea floor. We found a sunken graveyard of military tanks!

ImageThere were also fish, coral, a sunken plane, and some very big sharks, which was a little frightening, but the sharks had no intention of eating us. We even saw one of the biggest Jellyfish we have ever seen, a breathtaking sight. After that we all arrived safe and sound back on the shore, happy that the ongoing sitcom of DOC life finally had a beach episode.
        Terror in the Tides: The Stolen Submarine
        (As told by Katie)
        At the beginning of the beach event, not everything went as it should have. Someone snuck into one of our submarines and we thought "she must be a friend of one of our correctional officers."

We had already gone quite far into the ocean and started becoming suspicious about the person in the back. We kept asking, "who exactly are you?" Unfortunately, we never received an answer. She remained silent. It started to become scary, as we were quite deep, when she stated that she could drive the submarine. I responded "I don't know who you are, so you can not be trusted to drive it." The next thing that happened was that, all of a sudden, she brought up a knife, held it to the driver's neck, and gave us orders to hand her over our radios and jump out of the submarine. Really in shock, we complied. We swam to land and informed PD about the scenario and find a way to contact our friends in the other subs.

The most important part about life is, to never let negative situations affect you too much and keep thinking positive. We really wanted to attend the event, so we bought a boat and drove to Cay Perico where we all had an amazing time. Later on, we got the information that PD found the stolen submarine, which was amazing news.
        The Demon of DOC
        Last year in a press release for Halloween we mentioned that there was a ghost haunting the DOC. Skeptical, sure. Some people do not believe in what cannot be seen. What is certain, however, is the very real, very tangible inmate known as Samantha Hays. She came to us in May and we had never met such a person before. Literally we believe to be possessed by a demon, we put her into the padded cell after she tried several times to rip out the throats of officers in some sort of occult blood sacrifice. Then, working together, we tried to get the demon out of her system. It was not effective and the pretty demon still walks among us. Scary!

Here is body cam footage of the demon exorcism. ((please ignore all the ooc stuff!))
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        That's the end of the May Press Release. We hope you had a fun time reading about the new division and a few of the things the fine Correctional Officers at Bolingbroke have been up to the past month.
        There has been some super cool stuff we've been working on behind closed doors (literally) so hopefully it will all get revealed within the coming month.
        I would like to thank all members of Public Relations the last month for their super hard work and looking forward to seeing what the Public Relation team gets up to in June!
        Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Trixie Bankshot
        Sergeant, PR Editor-In-Chief

[email protected]

Katie Schneider
        Assistant Warden