[PRESS RELEASE #39] Statement Regarding City Hall Protest 31/May/2022

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

[PRESS RELEASE #39] Statement Regarding City Hall Protest 31/May/2022

Post by Solomon Cobb »

31 May, 2022
San Andreas State Government

• Earlier today there was a protest being held at the city hall regarding government spending and other topics. After discussion with the people who initially started the protest, the main reason was a rumor about a $300million aircraft that the government supposedly purchased and had been used for personal reasons.

This press release is to address any potential misconceptions and misinformation around these topics as well as outline how we will make things clearer for people in the future.

Firstly, the rumor of a $300million aircraft stemmed from either a misunderstanding or misrepresentation of a quote by Weazel News Network where a government official said that with dealerships selling 1-man Havok helicopters for $3.1million, it can be extrapolated that an 8-man aircraft would cost roughly 10x that amount. This was not an official statement on the cost of vehicles, neither for public purchase nor what the State Government acquires them for. It was merely speculation on what is currently an unknown market.

Secondly is the usage of these aircraft. Any aircraft purchased by the government is explicitly for government-related duties. This could be for a number of the bureaus we have, but primarily for the SAAA to conduct testing, training, and drafting up their plans for eventually opening up aircraft licensing to the public.

Below you can find an official statement from the Administrator of the San Andreas Aviation Administration:
    SAAA Administrator Alex Schill wrote:
    I would like to clarify any concerns about overspending by the San Andreas Aviation Authority (SAAA) as well as the usage of aircraft by San Andreas State Government officials. The SAAA currently utilizes two different helicopters for business purposes only. This is the Frogger, a pilot and three-passenger agile helicopter for more utilitarian tasks, and the Swift, a more luxury, one pilot and three-passenger helicopter for transport of VIP individuals, such as the Commissioners. These aircraft are used by a variety of government officials on official duties only.

For full disclosure and transparency, the SAAA has acquired, through approval of the Board of Commissioners, one Havok, a one-seater ultralight helicopter, one Maverick, one pilot, three passenger medium-weight aircraft, and a Buzzard, one pilot, three passengers, lightweight aircraft. These purchases were made for developing SAAA procedures and protocols around particular aircraft of different weights and sizes, testing viability, and certifying instructors and future pilots.

The total for these new purchases are, given their import prices, approximately $5.025 million. The other two aircraft we have owned and used for months would be another $2.9 million if bought new. These aircraft, even combined, do not even come to a fraction of the statements and figures to which Weazel reporters incorrectly and excessively repeated at the incident last night and into the early morning hours of the 31st of May.

I want to personally thank those who expressed concern as well as the law enforcement officers who kept the peace last night during this protest. Please know our main concern is the safety of the public and we are currently working to finalize guidelines after consulting with current emergency response organizations. My goal is to always keep transparency in our spending as well as upcoming regulations and affordable licensing that will be made public shortly.
    Other topics that were brought up mostly revolved around general government spending. As the Director of Public Services, I will be looking into how we can potentially publish spending reports for the government. So keep an eye on our newsletters section to see if this becomes a reality. I hope this statement has cleared up confusion regarding the topics highlighted by the protest and if you have any questions you can contact me on the details below.

Solomon Cobb, Esq.
    Director | Public Relations Bureau
    San Andreas State Government
    [email protected]
    ☏ 335-2510

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”