#22-CM-0022, State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven

Post by Frank Raven »

Defendant Name: Frank Raven
Defendant Phone: 4138423
Defendant Address: N/A
(( Defendant Discord: )) ((White#4633))
Requested Attorney: N/A if none N/A
Charging Department: Los Santos Police Department
Time & Date of Incident(s): 14/MAY/2022 18:50 ((UTC))
Charge(s):
  • GM08 - Vandalism
  • VF01- Evading an Officer
  • VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle
  • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
  • GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
Narrative:

I went for a jog close to the scrapyard (next to Maze Bank Arena). as it was a hot day. I was approached by two Officers in a vehicle out of the blue, asking me for my ID.

I asked them why they needed it. They were unable to explain why apart from it was in relation to an investigation about someone who they were looking for.

I complied, although informed them that this very court appeal and an IA report would be filled. I do not think they had a valid reason to stop me on my jog, they were unable to provide me with a reasonable justification for the identification request like I was seen doing something or matched a description of someone they were looking for.

After I gave them my ID they then asked me where my bike was. At the time, I was under the impression that it was at the parking lot, although I was not sure. I informed them, although they hadn't read my rights at the time, that I would not be speaking without a lawyer present. Despite this I was continuously asked questions throughout the arrest process.

They eventually drove me to a random location where my bike alongside what looked to be my crowbar and clothing were found on the ground, all of which I had left in my bike as I only use the leather jacket and jeans when I ride my bike. They proceeded to take fingerprints of the crowbar, naturally finding mine on it.

Based on this, they charged me for vandalism and the other mentioned charges. To this day I do not know what I vandalized according to them. I'm not sure why I was arrested for having fingerprints on a crowbar I own...

I, Frank Raven, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Frank Raven
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven

Post by Frank Raven »

To whom it may concern,

I will be representing myself in this matter and am ready to proceed as soon as a prosecutor takes the case and the court activates it.

Respectfully,

Frank Raven
Last edited by Frank Raven on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasheed Briggs
ECRP Forum Name: Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

My name is Attorney Briggs and I will be representing the LSPD, with co-counsel Attorney Modi.

Respectfully,

Attorney Briggs
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

• Your Honor,

For the record of the court, my name is Attorney Modi and I shall be co-counseling with Attorney Briggs on this case.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Attorney
Prosecution Division

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: #22-CM-0022, State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

I will be opening this case under docket number #22-CM-0022. Immediately following this message, I will be ordering discovery from the prosecution, requiring that all evidence be submitted within 7 days. Once evidence has been submitted to the Court, the defense may begin submitting motions in response.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

#22-CM-0022
Presiding Judge: Colt Daniels

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven
#22-CM-0022

A court order was entered in the above case on 14 June, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven, #22-CM-0022 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Chief Justice

Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

Motion for Continuance
Motion for Continuance

Honorable Daniels,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are requesting a Continuance until the recent inquiry has been resolved by the superior court and the prosecution division.
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0022
    Detailed explanation:
    Due to circumstances of the case that the judge already knows the prosecution would like to officially enter this case in a continuance.

Sincerely,

Rasheed Briggs
Prosecution Attorney
Frank Raven
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Frank Raven »

Honourable Chief Justice Colt Daniels.,

The Defense would like to request a detailed reasoning from the prosecution regarding the Motion for Continuance.

As the Criminal Court Filing Information article states, ''In order to ensure that justice is administered properly and in a timely manner, we require that any criminal case be submitted within seven (7) days from the alleged incident.'', further stating ''in which one of the Judicial Branch’s Judges will review evidence and testimony in both a professional and timely manner, evaluating legal arguments from a neutral and unbiased view so that proper justice may be upheld.''

While these regulations are pertaining to judges as well as the time limit appellants have to submit their cases, we only find it fair that a similar standard be held to the prosecution in delivering a speedy trial. This case was submitted on the 14th of May 2022, at the time of writing this, 36 days have elapsed. Additionally, two prosecutors have been appointed to this case, surely both of them are not involved in the ''recent inquiry''. As such, we request that whatever discovery has been gathered thus far be presented to the courts so that we are able to move on with the case.

Respectfully,

Frank Raven
Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

• Honourable Daniels,

The prosecution already had a chat with Mr. Raven about the circumstances of the continuance, where it was explained that under your knowledge the prosecution is conducting and investigation and needs more time in order to proceed with our motion for discovery, because as it stands we are NOT able to submit it due to the circumstances that are being investigated. It was also mentioned to Mr. Raven that we are not able to share that information until the Attorney General has aproved it or denied it as it is classified. Furthermore we would like to state that a ''speedy'' trial is not mandated by the law and our job is to ensure a fair trial.

Respectfully,

Prosecution Attorney Briggs

Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

Personal Email

• Honourable Daniels,

The prosecution would like to state at this moment for the court that under new evidence that has come to light that we are looking to add additional charges to Mr. Raven and specifically:

GF16 - Tampering with Evidence

Find the detailed explanation below
    ► Show Spoiler

Respectfully,

Rasheed Briggs
    Prosecution Attorney
    (909) 315-6127 — [email protected]
Frank Raven
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Frank Raven »

The Defense has nothing further to add at this time and awaits discovery from the prosecution, keeping in mind the court order for discovery was issued on the 14th of June with a 7 day deadline.

We will refrain from commenting on the additional charge until Your Honor makes a ruling on the validity and admissibility of said charge.

Respectfully,

Frank Raven
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

As requested from the prosecution I will be allowing a continuance of 7 days to provide discovery. This will allow the prosecution until end of day 28/JUN/2022. I understand the defenses standpoint on this issue however we do allow continuance to be requested and under these circumstances will be allowing it.

Furthermore I will be allowing GF16 - Tampering with Evidence to be brought forth against Mr. Frank Raven in this case. During trial this charge along with all others being disputed will be discussed, the evidence will be examined, and ultimately ruled on by the presiding judge, if found guilty of this charge Mr. Frank Raven will be placed into custody and taken to serve his sentence.

At this time I ask that this docket remain silent until the evidence is presented from the prosecution in a Motion for Discovery or the 7 day time frame established has expired. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

Motion for Continuance
Motion for Continuance

Honorable Daniels
  • We the Prosecution in the case below are requesting a Continuance for 24 hours days for the reason listed below.
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0022
    Detailed explanation:

I am currently in Vice City for a conference and the flight has been delayed due to bad weather. ((Currently out of town for a couple of days will be back today. I have no access to a pc to submit the paperwork but nonetheless it should be up in about 5-6 hours))

Sincerely,

RASHEED BRIGGS
Rasheed Briggs

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Post by Rasheed Briggs »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Daniels,

• We the [Prosecution/Defense] in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    State of San Andreas v. [Defendant]
    Assigned Court Case Number:
    Requesting Party: [If applicable]
    Party Members:
    Exhibit #1: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Ace Butoslav Personal Statement
    Spoiler
    • Ace Butoslav wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:04 pm Image
      lspdlogo
      Los Santos Police Department
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear Prosecutor Rasheed Briggs,

Since I was the main unit during this situation I will provide you with my statement of the case.

On the night of Saturday, 14th May 2022, Los Santos Police Department received a 911 call about ATM right next to Legion Square in Strawberry Avenue being robbed. My unit, 3-V-21, consisting of me and my partner Police Detective I Mikael Cowell were nearby to the call and responded immediately. We witnessed a Caucasian suspect with grey hair and black biker clothing smashing the ATM with a crowbar. As soon as we approached the suspect, he hopped onto his Gargoyle bike registered to Frank Raven and started evading. We initiated a pursuit which lead to a long chase of the said suspect. After a few minutes suspect went under the La Puerta Freeway next to the Scrapyard where AIR unit lost visual. Suspect ditched the vehicle and we lost him. We kept searching for him until we saw a very suspicious man with white hair without clothes running over the grass next to Dutch London Street which is very close to where we lost the suspect. Due to this we have had enough probable cause to identify the suspect, which after complaining a little bit, he gave us his identification. When we found out that his name was Frank Raven, matching the owner of pursued black Gargoyle, we had enough probable cause to detain him. He was cuffed, searched and placed inside a cruiser. After about five minutes units found the hidden Gargoyle next to La Puerta Freeway inside a bush. Conveniently we also found a crowbar and a lot of clothes dropped down on the ground next to the gargoyle. Saying this it means that by one hundred percent the suspect had to drop the items on the ground and leave the area without the clothes. Frank Raven kept telling us that someone stole his bike and that he wasn't being pursued and rather went on a jog without any clothes on. Detective Cowell proceeded to take prints from the items. Luckily enough Cowell found prints on the Crowbar. Later on it was proved that the prints were from Frank Raven, proving that he was the one to drop the crowbar next to his leftover motorcycle. The prints were undisturbed which means that it is impossible that someone with the gloves on would take the crowbar, because they would disturb the prints of Frank Raven and therefore we wouldn't find this in such preserved case, which is scientifically proven. Therefore we could be 100% confident that those prints were belonging to Frank Raven and that he was the one that last touched it, proving that he in fact evaded from us. Due to the evidence found and the fact that Frank Raven was matching general description to the suspect, we placed all the charges that he committed additional with providing false information to police officer. With the clear evidence we had more than a right to do so.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
        Sincerely,
        Police Officer II Ace Butoslav

Exhibit #2: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Arrest Report - Frank Raven
    Spoiler

ARREST REPORT
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
      • SUSPECT DETAILS
        • Full Name: Frank Raven
          Phone Number: 4138423
          Licenses Suspended: Yes
          Officers Involved:
          • Police Sergeant I Alex Schill
          • Police Lieutenant II Kilo Crosby
          • Police Detective I Mikael Cowell
          Charges:
          • VF01 - Evading an Officer
          • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
          • GM08 - Vandalism
          • VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle
          • GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
        INCIDENT NARRATIVE
        • Explain what happened, no need to provide too much detail, videos could be provided
          • On the night of Saturday, 14th May 2022, Los Santos Police Department received a 911 call about ATM right next to Legion Square in Strawberry Avenue being robbed. My unit, 3-V-21, consisting of me and my partner Police Detective I Mikael Cowell were nearby to the call and responded immediately. We witnessed a Caucasian suspect with grey hair and black biker clothing smashing the ATM with a crowbar. As soon as we approached the suspect, he hopped onto his Gargoyle bike registered to Frank Raven and started evading. We initiated a pursuit which lead to a long chase of the said suspect. After a few minutes suspect went under the La Puerta Freeway next to the Scrapyard where AIR unit lost visual. Suspect ditched the vehicle and we lost him. We kept searching for him until we saw a very suspicious man with white hair without clothes running over the grass next to Dutch London Street which is very close to where we lost the suspect. Due to this we have had enough probable cause to identify the suspect, which after complaining a little bit, he gave us his identification. When we found out that his name was Frank Raven, matching the owner of pursued black Gargoyle, we had enough probable cause to detain him. He was cuffed, searched and placed inside a cruiser. After about five minutes units found the hidden Gargoyle next to La Puerta Freeway inside a bush. Conveniently we also found a crowbar and a lot of clothes dropped down on the ground next to the gargoyle. Saying this it means that by one hundred percent the suspect had to drop the items on the ground and leave the area without the clothes. Frank Raven kept telling us that someone stole his bike and that he wasn't being pursued and rather went on a jog without any clothes on. Detective Cowell proceeded to take prints from the items. Luckily enough Cowell found prints on the Crowbar. Later on it was proved that the prints were from Frank Raven, proving that he was the one to drop the crowbar next to his leftover motorcycle. The prints were undisturbed which means that it is impossible that someone with the gloves on would take the crowbar, because they would disturb the prints of Frank Raven and therefore we wouldn't find this in such preserved case, which is scientifically proven. Therefore we could be 100% confident that those prints were belonging to Frank Raven and that he was the one that last touched it, proving that he in fact evaded from us. Due to the evidence found and the fact that Frank Raven was matching general description to the suspect, we placed all the charges that he committed additional with providing false information to police officer. With the clear evidence we had more than a right to do so.
        EVIDENCE DETAILS
        • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
          Legal possessions may be grouped and documented as "Legal Possessions". Illegal possessions must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage may be attached as an evidence exhibit.
          • Exhibit A: Crowbar
            Exhibit B: Legal Possessions
    Exhibit #3: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Mikaell Cowell Personal Statement
    Spoiler
    • quote="Mikael Cowell" msg_id=156108 time=1655838643 user_id=6821]

Personal Email
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Attorney Briggs,

It all began when my unit, 3-V-21 consisting of myself and Officer Ace responded to an ATM robbery at Legion Square. Upon arrival we saw a man smashing the ATM with a crowbar. Once he saw us, he took off on a motorcycle, leading us to a chase.

We ultimately lost visual and were searching the general area of La Puerta for the motorcycle when we noticed a man wearing only boxers running from the area where visual had been lost. We detain him as we briefly question and attempt to identify him and where he's coming from. Not long from this, and a unit informs us over the radio that the motorcycle has been found.

Now, the motorcycle was abandoned from the direction of which he was running away from. The motorcycle is registered to Mr. Raven and all clothing used in the crime was left next to the bike. Conveniently enough, Mr. Raven had no clothing on him, which he had no explanation to other than "it was a hot day". Next to the pile of clothing was also a crowbar. This was the weapon used to attack the ATM. Upon lifting fingerprints from the crowbar, only fingerprints of Mr. Raven were found. It is important to remember that had the crowbar been tampered with after contact with Mr. Raven, would there most likely not be clean prints from him, but tampered fingerprints and maybe even fingerprints of another person.

My hypothesis is that whilst removing the clothing, Mr. Raven first undressed, then realizing the crowbar needs to be dropped too. At this point he would be almost naked, with no gloves, explaining the fingerprints.

As explained, unfortunately all exhibits of clothing are unadmissible, but the crowbar including fingerprint tape is still in the possession of the department. I believe Officer Ace also gave a good rundown of the situation, however if anything else is required, I'll be happy to assist.
    Exhibit #4: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence
    Spoiler
    • Evidence - Crowbar + Prints

Sincerely,

Respectfully,

Rasheed Briggs
Prosecution Attorney
(909) 315-6127 — [email protected][/list]
Last edited by Rasheed Briggs on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Raven
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Frank Raven »

Motion for Summary Judgment
Motion for Summary Judgment

Honorable Chief Justice Daniels,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting a summary judgment.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0022
    Requesting Party: Frank Raven
    Party Members: Frank Raven
    Reasoning: Breach of Evidence handling protocol by the Los Santos Police Department
    Detailed explanation:

The Los Santos Police Department has failed to properly maintain and keep evidence that is crucial to this case, admittedly by their own incompetence ''PO1 Rico Gamble without proper experience and clearance opened the illegal evidence box for the case 22-CM-0022 and gave the clothing'' leaving the defense with the inability to analyse and construct a proper defense.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Frank Raven
CEO Raven Law
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

At this time I would like to take this case to a motions hearing. Attached you will find a scheduling tool. Please mark your availability as soon as possible and I will pick a time that works for everyone involved. Once completed I will announce the time.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice

Darcy Lafleur
    Court Clerk
    (909) 241-7634 — [email protected]
Kendall Groyce
ECRP Forum Name: idgafashlee

Post by Kendall Groyce »

#22-CM-0022, State of San Andreas v. Frank Raven

In regards to the court; I, junior prosecuting attorney Kendall Frances, will be co-counseling with Attorney Briggs and representing San Andreas State on this case.

Respectfully,
    Kendall Frances
    Junior Prosecuting Attorney
    (909) 489-9881 — [email protected]
Frank Raven
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Frank Raven »

Has a time been scheduled for the hearing?

Respectfully,

Frank Raven
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

Due to unavailability on the previous scheduling tool I have made a new one. Please file your availability on this scheduling tool, once complete I will select a time that works for all parties, thank you.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

I am scheduling this hearing to take place on Sunday July 17th at 5:30pm. ((UTC)) If you wish to submit any further motions on this case please have them submitted no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled hearing.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

As discussed at the hearing I will be striking statements submitted into evidence due to arguments of hearsay. The first is Exhibit 1, the following excerpt is stricken and will not be admissible;

"Frank Raven kept telling us that someone stole his bike and that he wasn't being pursued and rather went on a jog without any clothes on."

In Exhibit 2 the same statement was made in the narrative section of the report and therefore is also stricken from the evidence.

In Exhibit 3 the following excerpt is stricken and will not be admissible;

", which he had no explanation to other than "it was a hot day"."

With the hearing being concluded I move to judge this case at trial. Please use the following scheduling tool to mark your availability. Once concluded I will formally announce a date and time.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Kendall Groyce
ECRP Forum Name: idgafashlee

Post by Kendall Groyce »

In regards to the court; I, junior prosecuting attorney Kendall Frances, will be acting as primary attorney and representing San Andreas State on this case.

Respectfully,
    Kendall Frances
    Junior Prosecuting Attorney
    (909) 489-9881 — [email protected]
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

In regards to the court; I, prosecuting attorney Caroline Johnson, will be acting as co-counsel and representing San Andreas State on this case.

Respectfully,
    Caroline Johnson
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

I appreciate the patience while ive been on a Leave of Absence and got caught up on other matters. At this time I will be attempting to once again schedule a trial. The court recognizes the recent change in prosecuting allowing Attorney Frances to take over as primary and Attorney Johnson taking the place of co-counsel. At this time please fill out this scheduling tool, once completed I will decide on the trial date. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Caroline Johnson »

• Honorable @Colt Daniels ,

On behalf of primary counsel, I am advising the court a plea deal has tentatively been reached, and will be circulated soon. If your honor prefers, given the current scheduling tool, to set a time to meet to finalize the deal for signing. Thank you.

Best Wishes,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
    (909) 590-4566 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”