Sheriff's Newsletter - April 2022

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Timothee Olsen
ECRP Forum Name: Icarus

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - April 2022

Post by Timothee Olsen »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    April has been a rather fruitful month for the Sheriff's Department. We've experienced a lot of changes to the department both internally and externally. This month I had the honor to step up to the position of Sheriff within the department. I'd first and foremost like to thank the previous Sheriff John Wallace for his guidance and mentorship during my time in the Sheriff's Department. His leadership and support in the department will not be forgotten. Former Sheriff John Wallace will be stepping down to Undersheriff of Administration within the department.

Secondly, we saw the closing of our Sandy and Davis stations. The closing of these stations, while sad, also allows us to focus more on our interaction with the citizens of Paleto county. This means that if you ever need a deputy at Paleto Station, we will more than likely be just around the corner and willing and able to help.

I look forward to what May brings for the department and you can expect any major changes to the department to be made public in any of our press releases. The changing of the seasons is bound to be a time of joy so the Sheriff's Department would like to wish everyone a happy month and we look forward to ensuring the county remains safe with our tradition of service.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Master Deputy George Hill

We are pleased to announce Master Deputy George Hill as Deputy of the Month for March, Deputy Hill has been employed at the Department for a short but exemplary 130 days and has shown dedication to the department during that time. Deputy Hill has been with the department since late December of 2021 and has been an active member of several divisions while continuing to be an active member of the Field Training Division, proving himself to be a valuable asset to the Department and our day-to-day operations.

He has recently been promoted to his new rank of Master Deputy where he continues to stand out as a role model to other Deputies. The Sheriff’s Department wishes Master Deputy George Hill nothing but success within the Department while continuing to provide the highest amount of effort. Deputy Hill has been surprising and proving to all that he is all around a valuable member of this department. Overall we are very glad and very pleased to award this month's Deputy of the Month, to Deputy Hill.

We will be watching as the deputy progresses in our ranks and showcases our department's motto. "A Tradition of Service". A bonus payment of $100,000 will be given to the Deputy as a reward for his performance.

STORY OF THE MONTH

• This month's story of the month is actually a double-feature as the Sheriff's Department had two major changes to the structure of the department.

Firstly, due to budget cuts, the Sheriff's Department's Sandy and Davis stations have been shut down. This comes as a blessing in disguise as it means our deputies will be seeing more of the citizens of Paleto. Our deputies will be responding to Paleto Station more and more to swap out cruisers and pick up a bite to eat while on patrol.

This is lovely news for the citizens of Paleto County if you have a question about tickets or would like to request a deputy to take you on your ride-along. Our deputies are more than willing to answer any questions about anything crime-related and will always be there to support our citizens' safety.

Secondly, the Sheriff's Department saw the beloved Sheriff Wallace step down from his role as Sheriff and down to Undersheriff of Administration. Sheriff Wallace has been a beloved Sheriff by all and there is not a single deputy in the department who has not been affected by his staggering display of courtesy, professionalism, and respect.

With Sheriff Wallace stepping down, Commissioner Langley and Sheriff Wallace both agreed that Sheriff Kirk should be appointed Sheriff of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Kirk has been a steadfast member of the department for longer than anyone can remember. His promotion to Sheriff is greatly deserved and valued.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Deputy Spotlight: Alex Mathews

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD? My favorite thing about being a deputy in the LSSD is helping keep the community safe. I feel satisfied contributing to keeping guns out of the hands of those who should not have them and disciplining those who knowingly break our county's traffic rules.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD? I became a deputy for the LSSD originally to do paperwork and to join the recruitment and employment division. Upon joining I further realized I was more of a field deputy and enjoyed doing work outside than in the office.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy? The greatest feeling of being a deputy is successfully withholding the law and protecting my community

What does the Sheriff's Department Motto: "A Tradition of Service" Mean to you? The sheriff's department motto "A Tradition of Service" means it is my duty to protect and serve just as it is every single other deputy.

What do you like doing outside of work? Outside of work, I like enjoying my time off with my girlfriend and watching the latest movies. I also like exploring.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Undersheriff ► Image Sheriff
    • Bobby Kirk
    Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Luka Rosselli
    • Noah Carlile
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Ian Walter
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Martin Haswell
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Steven Lee
    • Trent Williams
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Cliff Derringer
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Bert Martin
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Jimmy Solicetto
    • Bunkie Johnson
    • Draco Lawless
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Dave Spencer
    • Leonardo Harris
    • Mike Solicetto
    • Audrey Hartwell
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Michael Fontana
    • Colt Black
    • Carlos Rubio

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

Question of the Month

• This month, we wanted to have deputies reflect on the positive work they have done in the department and asked them the question: What is your proudest moment in LSSD?

Captain Groyce:
    I think my most memorable moment within the Sheriff's Department has to be the building of the Sheriff’s Investigations Bureau from the ground up (with help of course). When (then) Commanders Kemp and McCornish, under the supervision of Assistant Sheriff Hamilton included myself in the building of an investigative branch to focus on specialized crime throughout the county. I was able to dedicate my time and efforts to what we now have today, a functioning bureau where citizens of the county have the necessary support with regard to all sorts of criminal offenses. I can say this is my proudest accomplishment thus far in my career.
    Captain Carlile:
    Within the Sheriff's Department, my proudest moment would have to be my overall experience with my brothers and sisters in crime, my SED family. Every call we make it through, every operation we conclude, every training conducted, SED has never failed. A moment, in particular, would most definitely be after a Sunday morning training where we poured our hearts into the module where almost every member of SED showed up and took a team picture. It was at that moment that the team I had some amazing memories with was backed by a smile and a career that I could not be more proud of. That picture remains framed in my office so I can reference my amazing team every day. The work they put in and the effort to provide amazing service to this county makes me the proudest boss in the city.
    Corporal Derringer:
    The proudest moment of my career was the first one when I first joined the Sheriff's Department. Being given the opportunity to resume my work in law enforcement, and the chance to enforce justice and defend the citizenry from the terrors that lie in the desert. Every day is a chance to make our world a better place, and our state a safer one. We must always be mindful of the future, but never forget where it is that we come from, and our humble beginnings. The first step was my proudest one, and the rest will always be forward and onward!
    Deputy Sheriff Solicetto:
    My proudest moment while being in the Los Santos Sheriff's Department has to be the time when I was in an operation with my fellow Special Enforcement Detail team. We managed to secure an illegal shipment of drug tables. I’m really glad that our division does such great work in making sure these illegal shipments stay out of our county and keep the civilians safe!

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. This month was a wonderful month for the department as we struck down on crime and further protected the citizens of Paleto and Sandy.

This month, we saw numerous aforementioned changes to the department as well as the promotions of Lieutenant Rosselli and Carlile to the rank of Captain. These two have put in a ton of work into their respective bureaus and divisions and their work has not gone unnoticed.

Captain Rosselli maintains his Commanding Officer position in the Air Support Division, as well as his Assistant Commanding Officer position in the Sheriff's Investigation Bureau. Captain Carlile maintains his Commanding Officer position of the Special Enforcement Detail as well as Assistant Patrol Commander of the North Patrol Divison.

Stay tuned for any potential events this month and have a wonderful rest of your month.
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • For Information, Contact:
    Master Deputy Timothee Olsen
    (909) 282-1222 — [email protected]

Return to “News Room”