#22-CM-0018, State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine

Post by Bobby Valentine »

Defendant Name: Bobby Valentine
Defendant Phone: 3986053
Defendant Address: N/A
Requested Attorney: Dakota Macaw
Charging Department: Los Santos Police Department
Time & Date of Incident(s): 20:08 27/04/2022
Charge(s): Vandalism - Resisting Arrest - Tampering with evidence - Giving false information to a police officer and Face Concealment
Narrative: I'd been to a party the night before and gotten blackout drunk. Lots of alcohol, lots of partying and an extremely bad hangover. Fast forward to the next day I wake up at one of my brother's house, feeling horrible and having no clothes on. I decided to leave the house and check my phone. I had a text from my cousin, someone also at the party telling me they'd taken my Issi Sport for a spin and left it at a nearby ATM, for safe keeping. Knowing this, I started to run towards my vehicle. On my way to the Issi Sport, a Police Officer put his sirens on and told me to put my hands up, aggressively cuffing me and radioing in that they'd "found a naked man". They then took me to my Issi Sport which, further confused me, put some clothes on me and said that since I matched the description they were going to charge me. Having no recollection of the evening I had no clue what was going on because, although they were my clothes, where my ID was. I hadn't left that house and I certainly hadn't committed any of the things I was being accused of at which point I was detained, and then charged in Mission Row.

I, [Bobby Valentine], hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine

Post by Caroline Johnson »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

My name is Caroline Johnson and I will be taking on this case on behalf of the State of San Andreas. Please allow myself up to 48 hours to get familiarized with the situation.

Respectfully,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
    [email protected]
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

• Your Honor,

My name is Sai Modi and I will act as co-counsel on behalf of the State of San Andreas in this case. I am familiarizing myself with the case and will be reaching out to the the relevant parties to gather more information.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Attorney
Prosecution Division

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Executive Defense Attorney Macaw,

Before opening this case can you please confirm that you are representing Mr. Bobby Valentine and make that know to the public docket.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Dakota Macaw
ECRP Forum Name: ComradeCorbyn

SAJB Awards

Post by Dakota Macaw »

• Your honor,

As the attorney I intended on assigning this case to has yet to begin preparations, I will act as counsel for the case until further notice. I do not intend to make this permanent, but I will do the defense justice until there is other counsel.

Graciously,

Executive Defense Attorney Dakota Macaw
(909) 419-3141 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: #22-CM-0018, State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

As we now have representation appointed for both the prosecution and defense, I will be opening this case under docket number #22-CM-0018. Immediately following this message, I will be ordering discovery from the prosecution, requiring that all evidence be submitted within 7 days. Once evidence has been submitted to the Court, the defense may begin submitting motions in response.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

#22-CM-0018
Presiding Judge: Colt Daniels

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

#22-CM-0018

A court order was entered in the above case on 15 May, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine, #22-CM-0018 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Chief Justice

Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Justice Colt Daniels,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0018
    Requesting Party: Superior Court of San Andreas
    Party Members: Caroline Johnson, Sai Modi, The State of San Andreas
    Exhibit #1: Los Santos Police Department
    Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence
    • Arrest Report
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery This arrest report details the officers involved in the arrest of Bobby Valentine, the charges that where placed, and physical evidence supportive of LSPDs narrative proving the crimes committed.

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
      • SUSPECT DETAILS
        • Full Name: Bobby Valentine
          Phone Number: 3986053
          Licenses Suspended: No
          Officers Involved:
          • Deputy Chief of Police Lex Roth
          • Police Detective III Elise DeLaCroix
          • Police Officer III Sayaka Yukimura
          Charges:
          • GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
          • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
          • GM04 - Resisting Arrest
          • GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
        INCIDENT NARRATIVE
        • Explain what happened, no need to provide too much detail, videos could be provided
          • Mr. Valentine attempted to rob an ATM. Detective Delacroix arrived but the individual fled from the scene she lost sight of him but he left his car in front of the ATM. After looking at the area for 10 seconds I found an individual naked running toward the car (Issi Sport) and he was the owner. Mr. Valentine lied about the evidence and we were detained for further investigation. Upon the investigation, we discovered clothing dumped at underground parking behind the ATM at Bay City Avenue. Bobby Valentine said that he never wear those clothes and it was the first time that he sees them although the Detective matched the outfit. Inside the coat's pocket, we found his license ID and then we took DNA from his and matched the DNA from the clothes, and the results matched. Mr. Valentine was taken to DOC after that.
        EVIDENCE DETAILS
        • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
          Legal possessions may be grouped and documented as "Legal Possessions". Illegal possessions must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage may be attached as an evidence exhibit.
          • Exhibit A:
            x1 Crowbar, 1x Black Wool Coat, 1x White Gloves, 1x Black T-Shirt Mask, 1x All Black Oxfords, 1x Black Fitted Skinny Pants, 1x Charcoal Shirt
            Photograph of possessions in evidence locker (if applicable)
    Exhibit #2: Los Santos Police Department Deputy Chief Lex Roth
    Type of Discovery: Witness Statement
    • A detailed witness statement provided by Deputy Chief of Police Lex Roth
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery This detailed statement expands the narrative of the police department, as well as explains the justification for placing the charges. It provides key insights to the events that happened that day.

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Case Number: State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine
        Incident Date: 27/APR/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Lex Roth
        Date of Birth: Irrelevant
        Phone Number: 296-7382
        Occupation: Los Santos Police Department - Deputy Chief of Police
      Witness Statement
      • Dear Prosecution and Honorables,

On the date of 27/APR/2022, we received a call at the Dispatch that an individual is actively smashing/robbing an ATM.

A Detective Unit responded to the call and I assisted her moments later. The Detective that was first on the scene was Detective Elise Delacroix who witnessed the individual but she was unable to arrest him due to the fact that Mr. Valentine ran from the scene, evading the arrest by foot.

The arrestee's vehicle was left on the scene and it was registered to Mr. Valentine. After receiving the statement from the Detective that the individual ran from the scene on foot wearing a black outfit with a coat. I began to investigate the area where after 10 seconds I found a naked man running in the middle of the street to which I knew he was Mr. Valentine as his identity was not concealed.

I detained Mr. Valentine for the course of the investigation and took him back to the scene where I gave him to the Detective to watch him when I was looking for evidence since he should have dumped the clothes somewhere close.

Indeed, the clothes were discovered in the underground garage behind the ATM where Mr. Valentine ran away from the Detective. I called the Detective to witness where I found the clothing and then we presented all the outfits to the Detective to match the outfit which she did.

Mr. Valentine said that he never wore the clothes that we found in the underground garage at Bay City Avenue and when I told him that I will take DNA out of the clothes he said "Its hard to find my DNA with the glove on" to which I replied to him "That's fingerprints."

After no luck, finding prints on the crowbar due to Mr. Valentine wearing gloves, I decided to call MD to conduct a DNA test on the clothes that we found and since Mr. Valentine informed us that he never wore those clothes. In addition to the above, I have searched the pockets of the coat and we have discovered the license of Mr. Valentine inside.

I took a DNA sample from Mr. Valentine with a cotton swab from his mouth (to which he was resisting at first) and then I called MD to match the DNA taken from Mr. Valentine with the clothing that we have discovered. The MD perform the tests on the clothing and the sample and we discovered that Mr. Valentine lied about everything and he was the one in the first place who did in fact try to rob the ATM.

Breaking down the charges;

GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
        An act in which a person alters, conceals, falsifies, or destroys evidence with the intent to interfere with an investigation (usually) by a law-enforcement, governmental, or regulatory authority.

GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
        "(a) No person or persons, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, shall:
        (3) While engaged in conduct prohibited by law, with the intent of avoiding identification.

GM04 - Resisting Arrest
        Resisting arrest in any physical manner or by running on foot.

GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
        Giving fake information, answers, driver's licenses, car registration or other documents to a police officer.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Lex Roth, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Deputy Chief of Police Lex Roth,
        Director, Detective Bureau
        Los Santos Police Department.

Date: [04/MAY/2022]

Exhibit #3: Los Santos Police Department Detective Elise de la Croix
    Type of Discovery: Witness Statement
    • A detailed witness statement provided by Detective Elise de la Croix explaining her initial response to the scene and how she recalls the events that day.
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery This detailed statement expands the narrative of the police department, as well as explains the justification for placing the charges. It provides key insights to the events that happened that day from the initial responding detective.

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Case Number: State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine
        Incident Date: 27/APR/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Elise de la Croix
        Date of Birth: N/A
        Phone Number: 2873081
      Witness Statement
      • We received a 911 call about an ATM being broken into. I responded and I was the first one to arrive on the scene where I seen a suspect smashing into the ATM with the crowbar. As I dismounted the suspect started running away from the ATM. I went after the suspect, but because he had quite some distance on me and we were running around a building, I disengaged from the foot chase because I suspected that he might run around the building for his vehicle, which would mean he could evade.

As I returned back to the vehicle to secure it, Deputy Chief Roth arrived on the scene, I informed Deputy Chief Roth that the suspect evaded on foot so he started looking around the place. He spotted a person running around in their underwear so he was detained for the investigation and returned back to the original scene. Deputy Chief Roth then returned to look for the clothing, which were found in a underground garage near where the suspect was detained.

Deputy Chief Roth presented the clothing to me, which they matched to the ones I seen the evading suspect in, we checked the pockets and found Mr. Valentine's ID on it, as well as the vehicle belonging to the Mr. Valentine's. He was then loaded in the back of the cruiser as Deputy Chief Roth contacted MD to get a DNA test from the found clothing. When we got the results from MD, we transported them to DOC with the charges.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Elise de la Croix, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Elise de la Croix
        Elise de la Croix
        Police Detective
        Los Santos Police Department

Date: 15/MAY/2022

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
Prosecuting Attorney
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the delay of this case. Due to a month being passed since the Motion for Discovery I will be moving to trial on this case.

Please use this scheduling tool to file your availability for trial on this case and instruct your clients to do the same should they wish to be present. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
Caroline Johnson
ECRP Forum Name:

Request to Delay Proceedings

• Honorable Justice Colt Daniels,

The prosecution in this case wishes it to be known to the court that a peal deal is currently in discussion, and that while the details of that deal have not been finalized or even agreed to, we feel it would be to the determinant of both parties in this case if the court where to schedule a trail this week.

That said, if the defense does not share the sentiment of the prosecution to delay the proceedings, and the court does not favor the delay, then the state requests to have the right to append further charges in this case without fear that the court will reject them due to timing concerns.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Caroline Johnson
    Attorney-At-Law
    (909) 590-4566 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Parties,

The court will grant the request to delay proceedings while a plea offering is pending. However please keep the presiding judge updated with information via email as this plea agreement is discussed. The court also asks that this happens in a timely manner as we wish to assure all court cases happen swiftly.

Additionally, Court Clerk Lafleur will also be presiding on this case as my Judges Clerk.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice

Darcy Lafleur
    Court Clerk
    (909) 241-7634 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Superior Court of San Andreas
State of San Andreas
v.
Bobby Valentine
[#22-CM-0018] - Honorable Colt Daniels

Pursuant to the case of the State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine, Prosecuting Attorney Caroline Johnson on behalf of the State of San Andreas, the defendant Bobby Valentine, and the defense counsel, Dakota Macaw, have entered into agreement, the terms of which are as follows;
  1. Current Charges
    The defendant, Bobby Valentine agrees to plead guilty to the following charges:
    • GM08 - Vandalism
  2. Former Charges
    The state shall pursue the current charges listed above, in place of the original charges listed below:
    • GM08 - Vandalism
    • GM04 - Resisting Arrest
    • GF16 - Tampering with Evidence
  3. General Provisions
    The defendant agrees to plead guilty to all 3 charges and also agrees to wavier his ability to challenge these charges again within the Superior Courts of San Andreas for the same situation at a later date.
  4. Sentencing for New Charges
    By the signing of this document, the defendant, Mr. Bobby Valentine will not be pursued for extra charges, however, if Mr. Valentine is found breaching this deal the prosecution will be pursuing charges GM04 - Resisting Arrest, GF24 - Perjury, and GF16 - Tampering with Evidence as agreed above.
  5. Waiver of Rights
    It is CRITICAL that you read this section of the plea agreement thoroughly. By signing this document, the defendant agrees to surrender certain rights, notably; the defendant may not further file a case regarding charges agreed to within this plea bargain. This agreement may not be terminated at the discretion of the defendant or defendant's counsel. By signing this document, the defendant is pleading guilty to the charges listed in section I and these charges may not be challenged at a later date.

Caroline Johnson
    Prosecuting Attorney Caroline Johnson
    Prosecutor
    Date Signed: 24/JUN/2022

Executive Defense Attorney Dakota Macaw
    Defendant's Counsel

Bobby Valentine
    Bobby Valentine
    Defendant

Honorable Chief Justice Colt Daniels
    Presiding Judge

Court Clerk Darcy Lafleur
    Judges Clerk
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0018

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

22-CM-0018

CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
GM08 - Vandalism
GM13 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
GM04 - Resisting Arrest
GF16 - Tampering with Evidence

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 24th day of June, 2022.

• The case of 22-CM-0018 - State of San Andreas v. Bobby Valentine has hereby been resolved.

Following a plea agreement signed off on by the Prosecuting Attorney, Defense Attorney, and Defendant in this case a verdict has been issued. As outlined in the plea agreement, Bobby Valentine has agreed to plead guilty to GM08 - Vandalism, GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer, and GM19 - Face Concealment (b) in exchange for the charges of GM04 - Resisting Arrest, and GF16 - Tampering with Evidence to be removed.

The court has agreed to the terms outlined in this plea agreement and thus this case is now closed.

• CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
      • GM08 - Vandalism [GUILTY]
      • GM13 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer [GUILTY]
      • GM19 - Face Concealment (b) [GUILTY]
      • GM04 - Resisting Arrest [NOT GUILTY]
      • GF16 - Tampering with Evidence [NOT GUILTY]

Chief Justice

Darcy Lafleur
    Court Clerk