Time & Date of Incident(s): 20/APR/2022 ~1:30 AM
Charge(s):
  • WF03 - Possession of Illegal Firearms/Weapons
  • SF09 - False Imprisonment of a Hostage of a government employee
  • GM06 - Petty Theft
  • VF01 - Evading an Officer
  • WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Narrative:
I plead guilty for the first four charges but wish to exercise my right to a fair trial on charge WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Below is my version of the events:
Due to impulse control problems, I was smashing into an ATM, and I spot a police cruiser. I run onto my BF400, and the cop chases after me with lights and sirens (Thus my plea of guilty to VF01). I attempt to lose the cop under the La Puerta Freeway, but crash and draw my weapon and put my head back together. A cop, Callum Macquoid, drives past and I discharge my weapon at his tires, only managing to hit the back of his cruiser on the rear left, once by our inspection at Mission Row. Regardless, I get back on my BF400, and crash again, later on, the train tracks, and by his misfortune was out of his cruiser without a weapon drawn. I take him hostage, and bargain for the exchange of his life and my gun for my free passage. The LSPD accepts, and I drive off again, with both of us holding up our end of the bargain. With the pressure of the entirety of the LSPD and LSSD chasing me, the pressure gets to me and I crash, immediately get on my knees, and surrender, knowing that I am unarmed. At this point, I am transported to Mission Row, where I get out of the vehicle I shot at, and we both mention how I only hit the bumper once. Officer Callum Macquoid agreed he was unharmed in the ride to SADOC as well.
WF01 reads: Assaulting another person with a so-called "deadly weapon" which could include a gun, melee weapon, or a vehicle.
I never shot my weapon at an officer, I only aimed for vehicle tires, and managed to only strike the vehicle once. I did not harm a single officer and only acted in my own best interests to escape with everyone unharmed. I plead not guilty to this charge, as no person was harmed during my attempts to evade.

I, Naomi Mizuno, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno

Post by Hugh Allgood »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

Let the record reflect I am entering my appearance in this case, and will be prosecuting this case on behalf of the State of San Andreas. I will be ready to proceed at the discretion of the Superior Court.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
    (909) 235-6076 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0014, State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I am Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be the presiding over this case in my courtroom. At this point in time, I will be assigning this case to docket number #22-CM-0014. As we currently do not have representation for the defendant, I will be reaching out to the Public Defense Division so that Ms. Mizuno is afforded her right to representation.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: McFornell

SAJB Awards

Post by Antonio McFornell »

• Your Honor,

The purpose of this notice is to let you know that as of this time I, Tony McFornell, will be representing Mr. Naomi Mizuno in all the proceedings pertaining to this case.

Best regards,

Public Defense Attorney
    (909) 553-8869 — [email protected]
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Chairman of the Bar Ethics Review Board
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Code of Ethics | Bar Licensing Office | Become an Attorney
State Constitution | Penal Code
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Ms. Mizuno,

It has come to the court's attention that there has been a lack of communication between yourself and your Public Defense Attorney, Mr. McFornell.

As all court staff are ready to proceed in this matter, I will be requiring you to make contact with the court or your attorney in order for this case to move forward. Should no contact be made before the 20th of June, I will be dismissing your case in favor of the prosecution due to your failure to make contact with the court.

Contact may be made directly to your attorney, who will then inform me of your willingness to move forward, or contact can be made to me via a reply on the docket here, or to me via email.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Naomi Mizuno
ECRP Forum Name: Iriael

Post by Naomi Mizuno »

• My apologies to the court. I was under the incorrect information that Darcy LeFleur was working with me. I will be in touch with my representation shortly. I'll make introductions via email and ensure that formal in person communication is done by the 20th. ((A quick discord check-in let me know that he's on LOA and then back from on the 16th. I will be communicating via IC email, but appreciate the chance to wait to talk in person before we fully proceed.))

I appreciate the court's patience as it took it over a month to find my rightful legal representation. I would like to believe I will get a fair trial, if not a swift one.

Naomi Mizuno
    United Populist Ground Movement
Last edited by Naomi Mizuno on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Ms. Mizuno,

Thank you for your response, it has been acknowledged by the court.

I apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred regarding your representation. Once you have gotten a chance to meet with your attorney, please inform me and I will file an Order for Discovery, requiring the prosecution to submit their evidence so this case can move forward.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Be advised that immediately following this message, I will be submitting an Order for Discovery for the initial submission of discovery and other relevant motions. Unfortunately, I have had to extend my Leave of Absence due to unforeseen circumstances (( I got covid ☹ )), however, I would still like to initiate this case to move forward up until a hearing or trial is required.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

#22-CM-0014
Presiding Judge: Judith Mason

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

#22-CM-0014

A court order was entered in the above case on 17 June, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno, #22-CM-0014 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Associate Justice Judith Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    State of San Andreas v. 22-CM-0014
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0014
    Requesting Party: Superior Court of San Andreas
    Party Members:
    Exhibit #1: [Source of the Discovery] LSPD
    Type of Discovery: [Deposition/Physical Evidence/Interview/Interrogation/Document Request] (Ex. Interview)
    • Document
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery Arrest report detailing the charges placed on the defendant.
    • Submitting Party Sergeant Bill Breacher, LSPD:
      Bill Breacher wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:24 am Image

Los Santos Police Department

Personal Email
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Attorney General Hugh Allgood,

As requested and discussed, please find the arrest report regarding Naomi Mizuno attached below. Please let us know if you need anything further.
        Arrest Report for Naomi Mizuno
        Sincerely,

• Police Sergeant I Bill Breacher
      [/i]

Sincerely,

Hugh R. Allgood
Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

The Order for Discovery has now expired. There has been a single Motion for Discovery submitted by the prosecution with an attached arrest report.

Should there be no dispute on this motion, I will move forward with scheduling the trial. If there is a dispute on this motion, I would ask that the defense please make this known and we will move forward with a hearing on the matter instead.

Either way, I would ask that parties please use this scheduling tool so that this case can move forward with the next proceeding in person.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Motion to Compel Discovery
Motion to Compel Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the defense in the case below are requesting the disclosure of the following material by opposing counsel, please find a detailed reason as to our request below.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0014
    Requesting Party: Defense
    Party Members: Tony McFornell
    Discovery from: Los Santos Police Department

Type of Discovery: Physical Evidence & Document
    • CCTV Footage of the cameras at the back of the Police Department of early morning on the 20th ((20220419200954 Timestamp)) with audio. ((We can provide the footage))
    • Mechanical Repair Record of the cruiser that was being driven by the police officer.
    Detailed reasoning:
    • Your honor, our request is based on two reasons:
      1. Naomi Mizuno had a conversation with the officer involved in the situation described throughout this case where he explicitly told Ms. Mizuno that he sustained no injury on his body and that he was not subject to any type of harm at all due to the incident.
      2. The mechanical record requested allows us to prove that in fact Ms. Mizuno opened fire at the vehicle's bumper, and at no time did she shoot directly at an officer or any other person, as she was only doing warning shots that meant no harm to anyone.

Sincerely,

Tony McFornell
Public Defense Attorney
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Motion for Summary Judgment
Motion for Summary Judgment

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting a summary judgment.
    Party Members: Tony McFornell
    Reasoning: The proof that would lie on the docket if the motion to compel discovery is approved would indicate that the behaviour of my defendant would not align with what is described in the Penal Code.
    Detailed explanation:
    According to the definition of WF01 - Assault with a deadly weapon, it consists on "Assaulting another person with a so-called "deadly weapon" which could include a gun, melee weapon, or a vehicle". With that in mind, the proof that would lie on the docket can allow you to conclude that in fact Ms. Naomi Mizuno never assaulted another person (in this case, the officer) with a deadly weapon. In fact, Ms. Mizuno did shoot at a vehicle on its bumper, but she never directly assaulted another person.
    Given that vehicles are items and not persons, it would not be logical to interpret her behaviour as assaulting another person. Allowing said interpretation would violate the principle of typicity in criminal law which prohibits any kind of analogy in criminal law, and as such, the term "persons" should not have been interpreted or made equal to "items" when charging the defendant.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tony McFornell
Public Defense Attorney
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Training & Hiring Staff

Commend & Complain
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

With the submissions of the defense's Motion to Compel Discovery and Motion for Summary Judgment, we will move forward with a Motions Hearing rather than scheduling an immediate trial. Using the same scheduling tool, please mark your availability over the upcoming week.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

Regarding the defense motion, the prosecution does not necessarily object to this evidence. However, I visited with Deputy Chief Bala of the LSPD this evening, and he advised the LSPD does not keep records of repairs to their vehicles, so as to the request for repair information, this information is not available to the prosecution. As far as the video, Deputy Chief Bala advised the only video they have at Mission Row is from the interior, side where vehicles are parked, the front, and the gated intake area at the back. Nothing really capturing the roadway. However, Deputy Chief Bala gave me a USB drive with the video from the date in question, and I placed the USB drive into Defense Counsel's mailbox. Defense Counsel is free to review the video on the drive, and pull what they need from it.

(( Proof of RP: https://gyazo.com/8a416bcecad0f0641f56bd77438a4e46))

As far as the defense's motion for summary judge, let the record reflect we are contesting this motion in granting the motion for judgement on behalf of the defense. The prosecution believes if any motion for summary judgement is granted it should be granted on behalf of the state. Ms. Mizuno admitted to firing upon responding Officers, with the intent on damaging the tires. Assault with a deadly weapon is defined as, "Assaulting another person with a so-called "deadly weapon" which could include a gun, melee weapon, or a vehicle." Looking further, assault is defined as, "The threat of bodily harm with the intention of attainment including the acts of spitting, slapping, or unlawful groping.". Therefore, the State of San Andreas believes it is uncontested that Ms. Mizuno threatened bodily harm against a government employee with a deadly weapon (gun) with the intention of attainment (getting away). And therefore, unless the court intends to rule in favor of the State, the State will object to this motion as filed by the defense.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

Personal Email

• Honourable Judith Mason ,

I, Junior Defense Attorney Cyrus Raven, will be co-counseling with Defense Attorney Tony McFornell and representing the defendant Naomi Mizuno in this case.

Respectfully,
    Cyrus Raven
    Junior Defense Attorney
    5356160 — [email protected]
Darcy Valor
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Darcy Valor »

• Parties,

As discussed at the hearing on the 30th of June, here is a summary of what occured:
    • Motion for Discovery of Arrest Report - Prosecution
      • Motion granted.
    • Motion to Compel Discovery of CCTV Footage and LSPD Mechanic Logs - Defense
      • CCTV Footage portion of the motion granted.
      • A verbal motion was entered amending the portion of the motion requesting the LSPD's Mechanic Logs, further requesting any documentation or recorded evidence regarding the potential damage that was done to the cruiser that was shot during the altercation.
    • Motion for Summary Judgment - Defense
      • At this point in time, Associate Justice Mason will be denying the Motion for Summary Judgment. While there is no dispute on the fact that Ms. Mizuno did discharge a firearm directed towards the cruiser of an on-duty police officer, it still remains unclear where this discharge occurred and how members of the public may have been impacted by the discharge of the firearm.
      • Furthermore, we have additional evidence in the form of CCTV footage that may or may not have captured the incident in addition to possible evidence in regards to what damage had been sustained to the cruiser, indicating exactly where the bullet had entered the vehicle that will soon be presented, further establishing the facts.
      • Since Associate Justice Mason has found that there is a dispute on the facts of this case, she is denying the Motion for Summary Judgment at this time.
    Following this hearing, Associate Justice Mason would ask that the CCTV footage and further information regarding the damage done to the cruiser be submitted in a timely manner.

For those unaware, Associate Justice Mason will be gone on a leave of absence starting on the 9th of July, so with this in mind, here is the scheduling tool so we can schedule the next proceeding prior to the 9th of July. I would ask that any further evidence be submitted as soon as possible so we may wrap up this case before then.

Respectfully,
    Associate Justice
    Darcy Lafleur
    Court Clerk
    (909) 241-7634 — [email protected]
Darcy Valor
Superior Court Judge
Training & Hiring Staff
Bar Ethics Review Board
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Party Members: Tony McFornell, Cyrus Raven
    Exhibit #1: USB with LSPD CCTV Footage
    Type of Discovery: [Deposition/Physical Evidence/Interview/Interrogation/Document Request] (Ex. Interview)
    • Physical Evidence
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery
    • This includes the CCTV Footage provided by the LSPD through Attorney Hugh R. Allgood.
      ((Click here))

Best regards,

Tony McFornell
Public Defense Attorney

Cyrus Raven
Junior Defense Attorney
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Training & Hiring Staff

Commend & Complain
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

To be clear for the record - the defendant is disputing charges of:
    • WF01 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon of a Government Employee, timestamp 20/APR/2022 01:02:02
    • VF05 - Felony Public Endangerment, timestamp 20/APR/2022 01:02:33
    Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Darcy Valor
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Darcy Valor »

• Parties,

Tomorrow, Wednesday July 6th, at 9PM ((UTC)) will be the trial for this case. It will take place at the Judicial Branch Courthouse. Parties arrive approximately 15 minutes prior for a pre-trial meeting.

Should an issue arise before then, please make it known to the docket as soon as possible.

Respectfully,
    Associate Justice
    Darcy Lafleur
    Court Clerk
    (909) 241-7634 — [email protected]
Darcy Valor
Superior Court Judge
Training & Hiring Staff
Bar Ethics Review Board
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

• Court Clerk LaFleur,

I am making the court aware that I am not available to appear at the scheduled time for trial… the earliest I can be available is this morning at 1AM ((UTC) or Thursday at the same time.

((. Apparently I did not vote, although I thought I did… but I work until 1230AM UTC the next 3 days, so I won’t be available until then. I’m off work Friday, and have better availability then.))

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

My apologies - the trial date and time is no longer set for the previously established time and is now still pending availability. Further information to come.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Associate Justice Judith Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    State of San Andreas v. 22-CM-0014
    Assigned Court Case Number: 22-CM-0014
    Requesting Party: Superior Court of San Andreas
    Party Members:
    Exhibit #1: [Source of the Discovery] LSPD
    • Document
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery Arrest report detailing the charges placed on the defendant.
    • Submitting Party Sergeant Bill Breacher, LSPD:

Bill Breacher wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:23 pm Image

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Case Number: 22-CM-0014
        Incident Date: 20/APR/2022
      Witness Information
      • Name: Bill Breacher
        Date of Birth: 07/JUL/1983
        Phone Number: 2803680
      Witness Statement
      • As a member of the SWAT team, I was called into this situation after hearing it had become a hostage scenario. I was not present for the first portion where Naomi Mizuno had fired her weapon at officers/vehicles. I arrived at the situation where Officer Callum Macquoid had been taken hostage by Naomi where she was pointing her firearm at him. I began negotiating with Naomi to see reason and put down the gun. She eventually agreed to put the firearm down, let Officer Macquoid go, and she would get on her BF400 and leave the area. I accepted these terms to ensure the officer would remain safe. She dropped the firearm, got on the BF400 and left as she said she would, but crashed the bike a short distance after and was taken into custody by other officers. This is the extent to my involvement and recollection of the situation.
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, Bill Breacher, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

• Police Sergeant II Bill Breacher
        S.W.A.T - Officer-In-Charge (D Platoon)

Date: 04/JUL/2022

Sincerely,

Hugh R. Allgood
Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I would like to thank you all for your patience while I have been on a Leave of Absence. At this time, I would like to send out another scheduling tool so we can get this trial scheduled and the case wrapped up.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”