Defendants Name: Summer Valentine
Defendants Phone: 3566399
Defendants Address: 3 Alta Street Apartments
Requested Defender: Darcy LeFluer
Charging Department: Los Santos Police Department
Time & Date of Incident(s): Tuesday April 12, 2022 at around 20:00 GMT
Charge(s): Possession of a Controlled Substance and Felony Evading
Narrative:
I saw someone jump off the pier and injure themselves. Being a medic-in-training I immediately jumped off the pier to save them and placed them in the back of my car, so that I could transport them to the hospital. After transporting them, I learned that their name was "Findlay".

I returned the man to the pier, where I proceeded to hear him ask a friend repeatedly for a ride to his "HQ". Not knowing where his HQ was and feeling bad for the situation he was in, I offered to give him a ride, but told him he would have to drive. Immediately he took off quickly down the pier and was pulled over. I assumed based on his actions, aka. pulling over and turning off the engine, I assumed he was not going to run. However, he quickly said "Oh I forgot my license was suspended," turned on the car, and drove off.

At this point, I was shocked and not expecting that to happen. I didn't have the forethought to get out immediately as I have not been in that type of situation before. The case continued and I never felt like there was another time for me to safely exit the vehicle. I waited until Findlay had stalled the vehicle, got out, and put my hands up immediately.

As for the "controlled substances", I had used that bag for BLS previously. Yes, my hands were on it, but Findlay had confessed to putting the one mushroom in there and that it was his. I was unaware that they were in my car or in that bag. If I had been able to jump out of the car at any time, I would not have been charged with anything, but would have seriously injured and/or killed myself. However since I chose my personal safety over anything else, I am a felon after over a year of being clean.
I, Summer Valentine, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))
Last edited by Judith Mason on Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas vs. Summer Valentine

Post by Sai Modi »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your Honor,

My name is Sai Modi and I will act as counsel on behalf of the State of San Andreas in this case. I am familiarizing myself with the case and will be reaching out to the the relevant parties to gather more information.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Prosecuting Attorney

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Ares Light
ECRP Forum Name: Ares Light

Re: State of San Andreas v. Summer Valentine

Post by Ares Light »

Personal Email

• Your Honour,

My name is Ares Light and I will act as counsel on behalf of Summer Valentine in this case. I am familiarizing myself with the case and will be reaching out to the relevant parties to gather more information.

Respectfully,

Public Defence Attorney
    (909) 354-7387 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #22-CM-0013, State of San Andreas v. Summer Valentine

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I am Associate Justice Judith Mason and I will be the presiding over this case in my courtroom. At this point in time, I will be assigning this case to docket number #22-CM-0013 and will be issuing an Order for Discovery for the prosecution to submit their body of evidence within seven days.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

#22-CM-0013
Presiding Judge: Judith Mason

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Summer Valentine
#22-CM-0013

A court order was entered in the above case on 24 April, 2022.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Summer Valentine, #22-CM-0013 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Judith Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0013
    Requesting Party:
    Party Members:
    Exhibit #1: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Deposition from the arresting officer
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery
    • Jessica Nash wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:54 pm Image

Los Santos Police Department

Personal Mail
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Dear Mr Modi,

Enclosed is my statement in regards to the case involving Summer Valentine.

A pursuit ensued of a Black Carbonizarra, 2x occupied. We chased them for quite some time, at points in this pursuit the vehicle span out, coming to a complete stop but we did not have enough units to box in the car, the passenger could have exited. At some point they crashed straight into a bus stop, stalling the car. The driver got out and ran, however the passenger remained. They were both arrested. The initial statement from Summer Valentine was that the driver was her friend and she didn't know he was going to evade. Then went pressed and asking why she didn't exit the vehicle when she got the chance, she got increasingly rude, swearing and throwing insults, then changed her story to say she was held against her will and "Kidnapped" - Since the vehicle was used in a crime, we had probable cause to search the vehicle. We found a bag in the trunk and inside was some mushrooms. 1 Gram.
        She immediately claimed it wasn't hers, she hadn't touched the bag, she hadn't touched the drugs. For good measure, we had Sayaka Yukimura take fingerprints from both the bag itself and the baggy that had the mushrooms inside. Her fingerprints were found on both.
        She was subsequently charged with evading, as multiple officers attested she could have exited the vehicle when it span out and came to a stop (Which happened 2-3 times during the chase). She was also charged with possession as it was HER car, HER bag, and HER prints were found on both. She is lucky that she didn't get false information as she changed her story multiple times and lied saying she never touched the bag or drugs but her prints were found on both.

Sincerely,
        Lieutenant I Jessica Nash,
        Commanding Officer, Recruitment division.
        Assistant Commanding Officer, Vespucci Division
    Exhibit #2: LSPD
    Type of Discovery: Document (Arrest Report)
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery
    • Jessica Nash wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:11 pm Image

ARREST REPORT
      "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
      • SUSPECT DETAILS
        • Full Name: Summer Valentine
          Phone Number: 3566399
          Licenses Suspended: Yes
          Officers Involved:
          • Police Lieutenant I Jessica Nash
          • Police Lieutenant I Jaxon Nash
          • Police Captain III Elizabeth Sanchez
          Charges:
          • DM01 - Controlled Substance Possession
          • VF01 - Evading an Officer
        INCIDENT NARRATIVE
        • Explain what happened, no need to provide too much detail, videos could be provided
          • A pursuit ensued of a black carbonizzare from a 10-55. It slowed down in multiple areas, sped up in others, even flying over a cliff at one point, slowing and turning around. Eventually the vehicle crashed into a bus stop and the driver fled. He was later caught. Initially i detained the female and gained testimony from the initiating unit Callum Macquoid. We found drugs in her trunk inside a bank, he prints were all over them. First she said he was a friend, then she said he kidnapped her.
            Her story was all over the place and she had ample means to exit the vehicle at numerous points throughout the pursuit. She was incredibly disrespectful at her detainment. Charges were placed.
        EVIDENCE DETAILS
        • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
          Legal possessions may be grouped and documented as "Legal Possessions". Illegal possessions must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage may be attached as an evidence exhibit.
          • Exhibit A: 1x Bag of Legal posessions
            Exhibit B: 1x Bag of Mushrooms

Photograph of possessions in evidence locker (if applicable)

Sincerely,

Sai Modi
Senior Prosecuting Attorney
► Show Spoiler
Ares Light

Post by Ares Light »

Motion for Continuance
Motion for Continuance

Honorable Judy Mason,

• We the Defense in the case below are requesting a Continuance for 5 days for the reason listed below.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #22-CM-0013
    Detailed explanation:

We the defence ask for additional time so that we can properly review the documents and statements admitted by the Prosecution and so that we have further time to discuss this with my client as they are currently scarcely available due to personal reasons.

As the Prosecution took 5 days to submit the initial discovery due to unforeseen circumstances, we hope that the court allows us some additional time to review the discovery and discuss it with our client.

Thank you

Respectfully,

Public Defence Attorney
(909) 354-7387 — [email protected][/list]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

I would like to schedule a pre-trial hearing to determine if there are any objections to the provided discovery and to determine if a continuance is still required for this case. Please use this scheduling tool to select your upcoming availability.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

• Superior Court of San Andreas,

The prosecution would like to enlighten the court to the fact that Lieutenant Jessica Nash of the Los Santos Police Department is going to be testifying in this trial.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Attorney
Prosecution Division

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Following a short pre-trial hearing, I have granted the Motion for Discovery of the Arrest Report and Officer's Statement provided by the prosecution and have granted the Motion for Continuance submitted by the defense to allow for an additional 5 days before scheduling a trial.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Ares Light

Post by Ares Light »

Personal Email

• Honorable Judith Mason,

The defence would like to inform the court that they no longer need the full 5 days of continuance and is happy to proceed at the courts discretion as to not delay this any further.

We would also like to inform the Prosecution that Finday McArthur will not be taking the stand. However, we'd also like to inform Prosecution that there is a possibility that Mrs.Valentine will do so, the defence will update the docket prior to the trial date to confirm whether or not she will be doing so with as much notice as possible.

Respectfully,

Public Defence Attorney
    (909) 354-7387 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

As the defense no longer needs additional time on the Motion for Continuance, I am now providing this scheduling tool to select your availability for the trial. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• Parties,

Based on submissions to the scheduling tool, I will be scheduling this trial for Thursday, May 12th, at 8:30 PM (( UTC )). As usual, I would ask that attorneys please arrive approximately 15-30 minutes prior to this time for a short pre-trial conference in chambers.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

I would like to inform the court that Detective Sayaka Yukimura of the Los Santos Police Department will also be testifying in today's trial as she is the person who has done the forensics and investigation of the contraband involved.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Attorney
Prosecution Division

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Sai Modi
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Sai Modi »

I would like to further inform the court that the prosecution wants to pursue the charge of GF24 - Perjury, as we believe Miss Summer Valentine has perjured herself in her statements to the court. We would also like to inform the court that Lieutenant Jaxon Nash is also going to be testifying in today's trial alongside Lieutenant Jessica Nash and Detective Sayaka Yukimura.

Respectfully,

Sai Modi
Senior Attorney
Prosecution Division

364-9436
► Show Spoiler
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 22-CM-0013

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

22-CM-0013

CHARGES BEING DISPUTED:
DM01 - Controlled Substance Possession
VF01 - Evading an Officer

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 12th day of May, 2022.

• The Court has found that based on the evidence and testimony that has been provided during the trial, Ms. Summer Valentine was at the pier conversing with a number of individuals, ultimately leading up to Ms. Valentine witnessing Mr. Findlay Mcarthur becoming injured, followed by BLS and transportation provided by Ms. Valentine.

After returning to the pier, Ms. Valentine was recruited by Mr. Mcarthur to give him a ride to another location, at which point Ms. Valentine agreed under the terms that Mr. Mcarthur drive the vehicle, as she did not apparently know what their intended destination was.

A traffic stop was initiated on the vehicle Mr. Mcarthur was driving, and moments later, Mr. Mcarthur took off, beginning a pursuit of the vehicle. The prosecution asserts that Ms. Valentine had ample opportunity to exit the vehicle during the subsequent pursuit, however only one specific "prolonged" instance of the vehicle stopping for approximately 3 seconds has been provided to this court.

Regarding the bag that was found in the trunk of Ms. Valentine’s vehicle, the defense has provided some doubt that perhaps the bag belonged to Mr. Mcarthur, but the defense has failed to provide enough evidence that would introduce enough reasonable doubt to find Ms. Valentine not guilty of this charge.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
    • On the count of DM01 - Controlled Substance Possession, I find the defendant, Summer Valentine, guilty.
    • On the count of VF01 - Evading an Officer, I find the defendant, Summer Valentine, not guilty.

In accordance with policy set forth by the San Andreas Judicial Branch, the defendant will be compensated for the fines paid for the Vehicular Felony charge in the amount of $5,000 and will be compensated for time served in the amount of $6,000, coming to a total of $11,000.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”