Press Release March 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release March 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
We hope people had fun reading the April Fools Press Release from Yesterday!
We have been very busy at Bolingbroke the last month with plenty of new fun things like lawnmowers, new offices and a friendly baseball game!
There have also been plenty of Supervisor, Command and High Command promotions!
On top of this there have also been some small external changes such as our Vending Machines to help released inmates with missing things, improvements to our Felon Reformation Division to help ex-felons that are no longer in our custody and the fact that we can now recruit people with criminal records!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month March 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Some of my most memorable achievements was being able to get the most processes each month and also becoming the assistant head of GroundsKeeping.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I'm looking forward to achieving a supervisor rank and advancing to higher ranks in my divisions and making the GroundsKeeping division better.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
If you are thinking and want to apply to DOC go for it! DOC is not only a department but a family, we always support one another and help each other achieve our goals.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two civilians meeting with their friend
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Owen Bauld

Owen Bauld is bald and proud of it! He has been in the city for several years but was in a coma for quite a long time. He had a nice childhood with lots of good burgers. His parents sold burgers to people who eat burgers from their burger shack. He really likes burgers.

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • I don't often. I am usually discriminated against racially for being a bald man. When I do illegal things, its because the system is fucked. I could work at the bus company for 10 years to pay off my debts but I could also just steal a car and get paid. It is nice fun, easy and addictive.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • The burgers are very cheap! (Burgers are 500 stamps and each stamp converts to $3, making our burgers about $166 dollars.)

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Racial discrimination because I am bald. And people call me mentally disabled because I like burgers. And then little bitch criminals who make fun of me get decked and they cry and I get put in a cell.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • There needs to be more to do, like go-karting and field trips!

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • I would make sure that burgers are free!

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • I'd say my wife but she's here all the fucking time so I don't miss that bitch. (His wife is not visible to us.)
      I miss stealing cars and driving about.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • They have alien technology where they can track me 24/7. There is no way they are they are that good at their job. I am not in here because I am bad at crime. The cops are cheating.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • I would like to tell people to stand up for what they believe in. You have a voice. You do not have to give into the hierarchy in their dumb big glass towers. Use your voice to make a change, unite, make a communist regime to fix the government. And also get burgers.

• Favourite Vehicle?
    • I hate bikes. Bikes are so bad. I like muscle cars and vans.

• Favourite Season?
    • i=I'd say winter. Summer is over hyped, spring is dry and no-one likes it. 'Fall' as the Americans say is just things falling out of trees so not very interesting. Winter has 'Santy Clause'.

• Favourite Food?
    • Burger.
Interview with Caroline Mathew, Head of Felon Reformation
Felon Reformation is something we take very seriously at SADOC. Sometimes people think that once they get caught with a crime and have to spend time in a jail, their potential professional career is over and all they are left with is freelance jobs or criminal life. This is far from true! There is always an alternative - the Felon Reformation Program, in which a team of committed correctional officers do their best to give ex-criminals another chance at life, help them see things from another perspective and keep them on the right track. Below is an interview from the head of the division, the man who has helped develop it into what it is today, who coordinates the action and helps make it all possible - Captain Caroline Mathew.

• How would you describe the Felon Reformation Program to someone unfamiliar with it?
    • Felon Reformation Program is a program lasting four weeks, during which we get to know the applicant, discuss their interests and make sure they stay at the right track. At the end of the program we provide them with a job at one of the government owned companies by sending a recommendation email.
    What are your duties as the Head of Felon Reformation?
    • My duty is to make sure that everything is going right in the division and to bring up new creative ideas for the benefit of the reformees like Felon Community Service, Felon Hotel Quarters. I try my best to have good communication with my division members with the aim to strengthen the division and positively surprise former inmates with the benefits they are able to receive from our program.
    Who is elligible to participate in the program?
    • Everyone can participate in the program, unless they were charged with domestic terrorism.
    Which workplaces are willing to work with the Felon Reformation Division and give reformees a try with starting their legal life?
    • Weasel News, Bayview Auto Center, Los Santos Customs and Downtown Cab Company.
    Which of those workplaces are most chosen by the reformees?
    • Bayview Auto Center, Los Santos Customs and Downtown Cab Company.
    Do you believe Felon Reformation Program has the lasting impact on the person's life?
    • Yes, the reformees really like the program, the way we approach them and conduct meetings. So far we have reformed three felons, with six more still being active in the program.
    Any words for people considering applying to the program?
    • Do you regret being a criminal? Are you looking to change your life? Visit DOC today to be a part of the Felon Reformation Program and enjoy the program's privileges.
    Below is our FRD Brochure!
Bolingbroke Bashers VS Black Disciples Baseball Match
This month we had the privilege to the battle the notorious Black Disciples in a game of baseball.
The Department of Corrections are not know for their baseball skills so they decided to do some training the night before the match. Only a few CO's attended so when the day came they had quite a bit of difficulty as most of them had never played baseball before.
The Bolingbroke Bashers were in the field first and it looked bad from the start as Black Disciples scored plenty of quick home runs. Little changed when the Bolingbroke Bashers stepped up to the plate and began to bat as many of their batters, including their secret weapon Ex-Warden Solomon Cobb, were caught out.
Black Disciples won the game! Everyone had a lot of fun so there should be more friendly sports games between Black Disciples and the Officers of SADOC in the future!
Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#239 - Ace Platinenious
#767 - Amie Koal
#768 - Coral Finch
#770 - Josh Drake
#771 - Rock Paz
#773 Rico Gamble
#775 Conner Bixler
ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
#757 - Timothy Creed
#758 - Logan Campbell
#763 Johnny Bmore
#765 Kris Specter
#766 Kora Avery
#772 Lynette Galloway

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
#732 Malik Ebeid
#735 - Adam Norris
#743 - Stefan Dobrev
#747 - John McArthur
#748 - Barry James
#760 - Issei Ryoshi
#761 - Fred Walker

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
#769 - Guilherme Tavares

ImageCorporalImage
#695 Trixie Bankshot
#729 Rod Rodriguez
#738 Maximillian Speed

ImageSergeantImage
#676 Brayton Williams
#698 Sean Payne

ImageCaptainImage
#07 Caroline Mathew

ImageCommanderImage
#05 Audrey Martin

ImageAssistant WardenImage
#04 Katie Schneider
#03 Steve Blata
    Divisional Offices

The DOC has many divisions that all keep it running smoothly. These include
    • Human Resources -The division responsible for all our paperwork, promotions, hiring process and academies!
    • Felon Reformation Division- The division responsible for aiding ex-felons who wish to turn their lives around.
    • Correctional Intervention Corps- Our private army, similar to SWAT.
    • Correctional Medical Team- Our team of medical staff.
    • Internal Affairs- This division handles all complaints, internally and externally, about staff.
    • Groundskeeping- The caretakers of the DOC grounds who build and tend to the facility itself.
    • Public Relations- This division writes the press releases, runs tours and makes events!
    • Correctional Field Training- The trainers of all the general staff officers at the DOC
    For a long time, these divisions had very little room to work individually. HR had a fair office, CMT had the med bay and a storage office, Groundskeeping had a little shed, FRD finally got a tiny office space by taking the old unused PR office, but the rest of the divisions had nothing, and were forced to share what leftover space there was, like the auditorium.

But not anymore! In a massive quality of life improvement, Groundskeeping was allowed to break open a few walls and work together with the warden to build a huge space intended for divisional offices! And here they are, with quotes from the diligent builders who got to personalize them!

Human Resources has turned their office into a beautiful classroom, as the HR office is already functional and perfect.
    We wanted a replacement for the drab auditorium, so we had the idea of making a classroom. Its happier, more intimate and good for bonding because of its proximity. Everyone is happier in a pretty place! My favourite part is the desks, its really unique and there's just enough room for a couch! I picked the bright floor and roof to make it feel light and bright and I chose to make the wall darker so its really comfy in contrast. I look forward to having a lot of academies and meeting in here! -Commander Katie Schneider

Felon Reformation Division has expanded its offices into two beautiful sections- a comfy meeting area for those being reformed and a divisional meeting area for the staff to discuss new developments and idea.
    I wanted a good looking meeting room and an internal meeting room for the officers. I chose white and red which is basically the colours of love and gratitude, both that I extend to the reformees and officers. I really like the meeting room for the reformees. I made it to look comfortable so they can enjoy each and every moment in the office!
    -Lieutenant Caroline Mathews

Correctional Intervention Corps has a very disciplined and sharp looking office done up in black and white!
    CIC is a division responsible for all hostile situations and anything critical to the DOC that requires a stronger force to intervene. That inspired the design of the office with its black walls, more gloomy theme and it suits an intimidating division.
    My favourtite part is the panic button on the bottom of my desk. Plus the desk is good for paperwork and quieter times. I like how tidy and well organized (the office) is; its uniform and well put together just like CIC! -Commander Steve Blata

Correctional Medical Team
    made a beautiful, modern office full of practicality and style.
    The end goal was to have an office and a meeting room for CMT. I designed it so people could focus and learn because of all the technical aspects of CMT. My favourite feature is the meeting area. Its extremely practical and good for listening. The medbay office by the cellblock is used for storage so this one is solely for discussion and meetings. -Sergeant Sean Payne
    And Audrey, who helped with its design, added
    I really like the framed wall pieces with the lights. Being creative was a lot of fun. I also love the clock with the wings because time flies when you have fun! - Captain Audrey Martin

Correctional Investigation Division- Also designed by Audrey Martin, this office features three area- a beautiful sitting area, a command office and a work room.
    Basically I replicated my studio I had a few weeks ago from my own business property. I mostly wanted a modern look and glass, so it was light and open, so people don't feel enclosed. I can now lock my door so when I conduct internal affairs I don't have people disrupting me. Having privacy and a place to take notes that isn't the shared space of the HR office is great. I really like the desk, as its a place I can calmly sit, but I love the office as a whole! -Captain Audrey Martin

Groundskeeping has made a huge office! It has 6 rooms- two offices for the leader and assistant leader, one meeting room, one lounge, a bathroom and a utility room!
    My vision was to have a place for my division to call home and meet. Before this we had a boiler/utility room. Now that we have our own office, I have a private area for paperwork and a general meeting area plus the utility area. My favourite part is the meeting area. Its a real chance for the department to meet up and feel unified. We used to do emails but emails alone lack a necessary part of nature for bonding. I can discuss changes and notices here! I also enjoy having my own toilet as the bathrooms downstairs are still under construction. I like my assistant head having his own office to have his own place, a good benefit for my second in command. The utility room is great place to store everything I need to do our jobs. I even installed airducts so I am allowed to smoke in my office. -Senior Correctional Officer Maximillian Speed

Public Relations
    - This office is bubbly and fun, with a mix of purple, red, white and decorated with all the colours of the rainbow!
    I wanted my office to be like the division: Fun, friendly, inviting and creative! Public relations is all about connections and the face of DOC- we write the press release, we create fun internal and external events and we entertain! This office, with its minifridge, air hockey, warm colors paintings, sofa and kitty cat (named Rogue) certainly invites everyone to come hang out, connect, be welcomed and feel everything the PR division believes in! -Senior Correctional Officer Trixie Bankshot
    Correctional Field Training- The CFT office is open concept, bright and retro, bringing to mind a meeting room from a classic cop movie! While the head of CFT could not be reached, the officer who took over in designing it explained it all!
    I had a vision to have a place where people could come and meet. There's tables and chairs for theory and learning, a sofa to meet up and exchange ideas on, and it really gives us a chance to discuss and grow from eachother. I picked blue and brown for aesthetic alone! - Corporal Brayton Williams
    We were also blessed with additional space in the offices for a big overall meeting room! Captain Martin also made this office!
    Originally we were instructed to create a meeting room for CID only, but we decided to have a meeting room for everyone, in case the space was needed. Its for all divisions as some of the other rooms are too small to meet a lot of people in comfortably. I am very satisfied with the table, but my favourite part is the city map wall. I decided to use stone walls with red accents because they were unique to the divisional offices. -Captain Audrey Martin
    Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        A personal Thank-you to the Los Santos Fire Department
        At 1 in the morning, the smell of smoke trickled out of the laundry room. An inmate accidentally set a machine on fire. Soon, the entire room was engulfed in flames. Though DOC and two officers from SD tried to quell it with extinguishers, it would not be stopped. The Fire Department was called and Remmi Raccoon was the first to arrive. After a machine blew up and harmed her hearing, backup was called. Through the window, Remmi as well as Kopi Raccoon and Julia Knox were able to aim their water cannon to breach into the inferno! This did a lot to quell it! After that, the long hose was run out and the fire was extinguished!

I, Trixie Cordelia Bankshot-Vane, would personally like to commend these three brave medics for their heroism, perseverance, willingness and their level-headedness under such extreme pressure. It is Thank you so much for saving the day!
        Love, Image
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        Thank you for reading the actual March 2022 Press Release. There has been a lot going on the past month and not all of it was covered!
        I would like to remind people that have gotten this far that our Ex-Felon Program is open to non-inmates, which can be found here, and that if you have a criminal record but are still interested in being part of the SADOC family then come speak to a member of HR!

Have a great April!
        Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Trixie Bankshot
        Correctional Officer III
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”