Personal information
Name: Jason Costana

Phone number: 359-1643

Have you ever been convicted of a crime?: Yes, for drunk driving a while back

Have you recently been convicted of a felony crime?: No
Request details
When are you available?:
pretty much always after 4pm

Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Department?:
I wish to go on a ride along because of general interest in the medic work.

((Timezone relative to UTC)): UTC+2
By signing this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
  • I will not interfere with the EMT doing their job.
  • I will listen to the EMT's instructions at all times, unless it is to assist in their work.
  • The EMT can stop the ride-along at any point at their own discretion.
  • I will not bring any weapons.
  • If I get injured, the LSEMS can not be held responsible, unless gross misconduct led to the injuries.
  • While on scenes with police involved I will remain in the ambulance and will not communicate with anyone.
  • I will show I possess common sense.
Signature: Jason Costana
Date Signed: 11/28/2018
Thomas Rew
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Ride-Along Request - Jason Costana

Post by Thomas Rew »

Dear Mr. Costana,

Your ride-along request with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has been APPROVED. Please keep this ride-along request readily available throughout any of your ride-along sessions. We hope that you will get to see first-hand how the Medical Department and its employees operate day-to-day.

This ride-along request is valid for 28 days ((7 days)), after the 28 days ((7 days)) have passed your ride-along request will expire. If you are still interested in our ride-along program after your request has expired, you must submit a new one.

What should I do now?
  • You are expected to follow common courtesy and show respect to the medic in-charge of your ride-along session, as so, we request you to dress properly and keep an eye on your personal hygiene.
  • If you are in possession of any weapons, make sure not to bring them to a ride-along session. The medic in-charge will be frisking you before starting a ride-along session and will confiscate any weapons into their possession until the end of the session.
  • When you are ready for a ride-along session, visit the Pillbox Hill Medical Center at Strawberry Avenue and ask if any EMT-I or above is available to conduct a ride-along session. There is no limit to the amount of sessions you may do, so long as your request is active.
  • If no employees are available to conduct a ride-along session, try again another time or schedule a ride-along session beforehand. Your sessions may be conducted by a different medic each time.
Sincerely,
Thomas Rew
EMT-I
Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
Image Image Image Image EX - Firefighter
EX - Certified Field Trainer | EX - Certified Pilot

Drake Frost
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: [ACTIVE] Ride-Along Request - Jason Costana

Post by Drake Frost »

Medic in-charge: Drake Frost
Date: 12/03/2018
Time: 1:45 - 2:30 PM (UTC)

Quick overview of the session:
Mister Costana approached me and asked to ride along. He was very polite and cooperative, providing me with his firearm and getting into the ambulance.

Given the time, we didn't have many calls coming in. When we did have a call, mister Costana remained quiet and seated within the ambulance, observing my work and listening to my radio calls. He and I discussed at length his desire to join either the Police Department or the Emergency Medical Services, asking me several questions about what to expect, our role, how dangerous it can be, and the like.

The first call we answered to was at Los Santos Customs. A woman had been reported as falling down and hurting herself, but the call was vague and didn't provide a lot of details. Upon arriving, I found the patient was in much worse condition than the call suggested and, unfortunately, I was unable to save her. She died just as I started to apply medical treatment.

The second call we received was up in Paletto Bay. For this call, I swapped to a helicopter unit. Upon landing, I found the patient had gotten into a car accident and they had a stone lodged into their leg, As I treated them, mister Costana was completely silent and remained in the emergency vehicle. He followed our terms and was very professional about it. He only spoke to me when we were in between, coming to or returning from calls.

The remainder of the ride along session was spent on patrol. At the 45 minute mark, mister Thomas Rew went on duty and I gave him priority, returning to the MD and handing mister Costana over to him.

Did any issues occur during the session?:
No

Any additional notes for further ride-along sessions:
Mister Costana is very dedicated to following our terms and agreements, making him a joy to ride along with. I look forward to working with him in the future, either as an Officer or as an EMS (depending on what path he chooses to take).

Sincerely,
Drake Frost
EMT-Advanced
Thomas Rew
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Thomas Rew »

Medic in-charge: Thomas Rew
Date: 12/03/2018
Time: 02:40 PM > 03:05 PM

Quick overview of the session:
Jason Costana was taken on a ride-along with me from the hands of EMT-A Drake Frost. Together with Jason we had aswered 3 calls. One of which was a patient with both broken legs, second was a patient with injuries on his neck and third was a patient with pelvic fracture.
Did any issues occur during the session?:
No. Jason was calm and held back on all three calls. I told him to take a closer look at how the patients are treated, he came out of the Ambulance and patiently watched me.
Any additional notes for further ride-along sessions:
From the time I spent with Jason, I can say he is a nice guy. We had an interesting dialogue about life and work.

Sincerely,
Thomas Rew
EMT-I

Thomas Rew
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Thomas Rew »

Dear Mr. Costana,

Your ride-along request with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has EXPIRED and is no longer valid. Thank you for showing interest within our ride-along program. If you wish to take any further ride-alongs, you must submit another ride-along request.

Sincerely,
Thomas Rew
EMT-I

Return to “Ride-Along Program - Archive”